***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Excellent result amd I thought the 3 substitutions also showed up well.

Wouldn't mind.Robbie freshening it up.next week and starting Gnando, McEneff ,Henderson and Walker if fit 

Change nearly half a team and put players in who are not as good as what we currently have starting ?

It doesn’t need freshening. It’s already fresh. It needs to play together

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Change nearly half a team and put players in who are not as good as what we currently have starting ?

It doesn’t need freshening. It’s already fresh. It needs to play together

OK 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It would be an even worse forum if folk were moderated out, or banned, or suspended just for giving an opinion. If you see regular trolls and want to cleanse the version of the board your viewing, put them on ignore 

Problem is, it's not opinion, it's not measured, it's bile and in many cases blatant trolling.  Most folk are fine with differing opinions and debate, anger etc. I've been a member of this forum over 10 year and it's a far less enjoyable read nowadays. 

portobellojambo1

Thought we done well today at a ground we've struggled at for a few years now. Did enough to deserve all 3 points and it was good to see both Halliday and Halkett playe so well, as they did last Saturday night versus Celtic as well. Two players who receive a fair ahare of grief on this website.

Only two games done and dusted, but it all looks very promising.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 hours ago, db211833 said:

Lots of positives, some negatives, we are very close to being a very decent team

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Feels like we have a proper spine to the team again

Gordon 

Souttar

Haring 

Beni

Boyce 

Wrap them all in bubble wrap and cotton wool please!

You could find fault today. My biggest concern is losing possession carelessly too much.

But the basic formation and game plan is sound. We're still playing through the middle a lot using Boyce mostly. When all the 'experts' are saying the full backs should push up to support mainly playing on the wings. 

As above these players allow us to try to control the game and build attacks. I think it will be interesting. While not ignoring the opposition the Cove Rangers performance for those who saw it is the template. Play through the middle with Souttar controlling possession backed by Smith and Halliday with Cochrane and Ginnelly bombing down the wings as much as possible.

It's a start and it could be very interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You could find fault today. My biggest concern is losing possession carelessly too much.

But the basic formation and game plan is sound. We're still playing through the middle a lot using Boyce mostly. When all the 'experts' are saying the full backs should push up to support mainly playing on the wings. 

As above these players allow us to try to control the game and build attacks. I think it will be interesting. While not ignoring the opposition the Cove Rangers performance for those who saw it is the template. Play through the middle with Souttar controlling possession backed by Smith and Halliday with Cochrane and Ginnelly bombing down the wings as much as possible.

It's a start and it could be very interesting. 

It's been a while since we had a spine like this. We don't have great depth, but Robbie said "a few" in  addition  to Devlin on sports sound. Quite positive for the season. And quite positive is about as positive as I get re Hearts ☺

Edited by db211833

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

You've just described a newspaper.

What effect does it have on you if someone spouts shite on a internet forum?  

Are you a newspaper?

Japan Jambo
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

St midden late coming oot, clowns

Probably saw the Celtic shop and thought they were in the wrong stadium.

27 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Problem is, it's not opinion, it's not measured, it's bile and in many cases blatant trolling.  Most folk are fine with differing opinions and debate, anger etc. I've been a member of this forum over 10 year and it's a far less enjoyable read nowadays. 

Probably directly related to the fortunes of the team in the last 4-5 years. I don’t mind opposing opinion. Even extremities of opinion, but the bickering and bullying, aggression, intimidation and downright bad feeling shown to other users is far worse than it used to be. It does seem to go unchecked more than it was not so long ago.

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Probably directly related to the fortunes of the team in the last 4-5 years. I don’t mind opposing opinion. Even extremities of opinion, but the bickering and bullying, aggression, intimidation and downright bad feeling shown to other users is far worse than it used to be. It does seem to go unchecked more than it was not so long ago.

Speak for yourself!

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Speak for yourself!

As I just did and always do Colin. 

Edited by JimmyCant

tartofmidlothian
On 05/08/2021 at 10:23, tartofmidlothian said:

Carrying on where we left off with away game difficulty priced in, I'm going for 2-1 to us. Boyce to get off the mark in the league.

Wish I'd put money on. :sob:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

One slight flaw in that argument if you are referring to the St Mirren match, we weren't relegated that night but by vote some time later.

Very true. It was the final pathetic football effort prior to the carve up.

Nice way to start taking out 2 of those so desperate to make it happen 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just watched Sportscene there, very honest of Goodwin to back the referee but being so obvious doubt anyone could dispute it 

CloustonHMFC
3 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

The St Mirren PPV was excellent, especially having the option for away commentary.

That commentary by Laurie and Robert Borthwick was one of the best - and fairest - I have ever heard.  Such a change from the biased club (and TV!) commentaries.  Well done Laurie and Robert! 👏👏 

I've been watching Hearts TV every week for 2 years, since I moved, and have repeatedly said our commentary is fairest by a country mile.

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Only astonishing? Is there not a more suitable hyperbolic adjective?

Back in my day diabolical meant the work of the devil. 

And Celtic used to hold seminars for the bairns.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Back in my day diabolical meant the work of the devil. 

And Celtic used to hold seminars for the bairns.

It still is your day, Mr Thief, unless Kickback doubles as some kind of internet ouija board. 🤷‍♂️

Scott980612
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

End the season now?

image.png.2f500d641f7eab6f54f86547aa300fd2.png

Beautiful. 

back where we belong.  

long overdue a win in paisley , well done Robbie and the boys  

HHGH

Watched most of the game on live stream and we certainly seem to be a more confident side this season with more variation to our play. One thing stood out today as it did last week. When we have more of the ball in advanced areas, we need better quality and decison making than we are getting from Michael Smith at the moment. He was very casual and untidy on the ball today. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Watched most of the game on live stream and we certainly seem to be a more confident side this season with more variation to our play. One thing stood out today as it did last week. When we have more of the ball in advanced areas, we need better quality and decison making than we are getting from Michael Smith at the moment. He was very casual and untidy on the ball today. 

He's been doing OK. He's still Mr Reliable in my eyes. I'm interested to see if Cammy Logan gets a chance at some point though. He's named in the first team squad and some youthful energy down the right wouldn't go amiss, with Smith able to step into the back 3 if needed.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It still is your day, Mr Thief, unless Kickback doubles as some kind of internet ouija board. 🤷‍♂️

Please quote and leave the spirits to answer the question "am I alive" by deleting the appropriate word and posting.

YES / NO

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Probably saw the Celtic shop and thought they were in the wrong stadium.

Probably saw the Celtic shop and said: "They new strips are pure class byraway - ah'll just away in an buy wans fur masel anra weans, so ah wull. Ho - did Fitzy sort us oot a players' discount, anawrat, no? ...Awright Frankie boy - how's it goin? How's ra wife? Naw, naw - nae offence, nice tae be nice, no?"

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Just watched Sportscene there, very honest of Goodwin to back the referee but being so obvious doubt anyone could dispute it 

Actually a bit impressed by goodwin, despised him as a player but he's developing into an ok manager(only ok so far). Decent career ahead of him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Actually a bit impressed by goodwin, despised him as a player but he's developing into an ok manager(only ok so far). Decent career ahead of him.

Seems to have taken St Mirren to a Motherwell type level.  Not a bad 3 points today, be teams who wont cope with them this season in Paisley. 

Top six is going to be quite a battle I think through the season, not many easy games this season......bar the obvious  😉

2 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

Sorry mate, I could have used stronger language but thought better of it. Don't want to be pedantic but aren't you an ape?

We're all Jambos in the end!

Oooft - good question. Am off to check in David Attenborough

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Since Neilson returned and Levein and Stendel left Hearts are a different animal. 

They win. Night and day from the night we got relegated 

Demoted.

Can’t argue with the start to the season at all. I was concerned coming into this season but RN is proving me wrong. 
Thought some of our passing and interchanging play in the 1st half was excellent.
We just look more dangerous and are playing with a lot more intent than last season 

It’s still early days but feeling a lot more confident now. Full credit to the manager and team 👏👏👏👏🤒

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Think he could be the next one to try his luck down south.

6 points from 6. Don't think even the optimost in me would have predicted that. Away wins like that are what defines a good season and a meh season. 

The concern from the performance was the lack of bodies we were getting in the box, so often one only in there. Thought Gnaudillet was brilliant when he came on, will be a real asset in this league. Halliday was again brilliant, brings that character thats required in these games, just wants to win.

9 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

6 points from 6. Don't think even the optimost in me would have predicted that. Away wins like that are what defines a good season and a meh season. 

The concern from the performance was the lack of bodies we were getting in the box, so often one only in there. Thought Gnaudillet was brilliant when he came on, will be a real asset in this league. Halliday was again brilliant, brings that character thats required in these games, just wants to win.

Halliday was brilliant. Just gives his absolute all - Some folk trolling the depths and using Open Goal and Rankers to have a go at him. Laughable 

Gnaudillet stuck the ball for us and up the park. We were under the cosh a bit when he came on and it wasn’t any surprise that the pressure eased such was his ability to hold up the ball and get us up the park. Definitely gives us something a bit different and in games where are under the pump a bit and need the ball to stick can help us 

Halliday is a great asset and looks to be enjoying his football.  Boyce once again showing why he’s worth the bucks. Onwards and upwards. 
Aberdeen (h) Dundee Utd (A) Hibs (h) next 3 league games.  Could we get 9 points ? 

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Halliday is a great asset and looks to be enjoying his football.  Boyce once again showing why he’s worth the bucks. Onwards and upwards. 
Aberdeen (h) Dundee Utd (A) Hibs (h) next 3 league games.  Could we get 9 points ? 

lets focus on the league cup game v celtic first

On 05/08/2021 at 10:23, tartofmidlothian said:

Carrying on where we left off with away game difficulty priced in, I'm going for 2-1 to us. Boyce to get off the mark in the league.

Probably the best opening post on a match day thread.

Ever.

Kudos.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, RDSK said:

Good win for us. The way we play is very interesting. Basically attack with 3 and defend with 11. We’re probably a Boyce injury away from being in big trouble. But we’ll absolutely take that today! 

I think this is nonsense. When GMS scored against Celtic last week there were at least 6 or 7 Hearts players in or around Celtic box. Way more than “3 attacking”

Delighted with that result away from home. I always said we should be beating teams like St Mirren home and away and thankfully we got the goals to make it happen.. Agree with one of the other posters that we need Boyce to stay fit. 

6 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Probably saw the Celtic shop and said: "They new strips are pure class byraway - ah'll just away in an buy wans fur masel anra weans, so ah wull. Ho - did Fitzy sort us oot a players' discount, anawrat, no? ...Awright Frankie boy - how's it goin? How's ra wife? Naw, naw - nae offence, nice tae be nice, no?"

What's that meant to be? Barry, likesy, Ken?

4 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Delighted with that result away from home. I always said we should be beating teams like St Mirren home and away and thankfully we got the goals to make it happen.. Agree with one of the other posters that we need Boyce to stay fit. 

It should never be the case at a club this size that such a risk is there for any length if time. Another striker is required.

6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Halliday was brilliant. Just gives his absolute all - Some folk trolling the depths and using Open Goal and Rankers to have a go at him. Laughable 

Gnaudillet stuck the ball for us and up the park. We were under the cosh a bit when he came on and it wasn’t any surprise that the pressure eased such was his ability to hold up the ball and get us up the park. Definitely gives us something a bit different and in games where are under the pump a bit and need the ball to stick can help us 

The way he gets treated from some on here because he does a podcast is embarrassing. He gives his all in a maroon jersey and actually loves playing for Hearts.

Cut The Crap
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Good goal from Halliday. I also notice he is usually the first player to congratulate our goalscorers and was the first to Gordon when he made his late save last week. Seems to be a team player.

Also impressed by Goodwin’s post match summary which was very balanced. Seems a good manager and a decent chap - totally different from his on field  persona.

Ex member of the SaS

Well we made that harder than it should have been, out the blocks well and two good goals but let them back into it with sitting too deep. Reminiscent of Levein sitting on a one goal lead!

Never the less some good play and a well deserved win, something we have not done for 11 years, so another bogey off our backs.

I know it's not going to be for long but lets revel in being top for a little while.

21 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The way he gets treated from some on here because he does a podcast is embarrassing. He gives his all in a maroon jersey and actually loves playing for Hearts.

Definitely up for it. You can see the difference in him after a good preseason. Have to say the team look like they have come together as a group. Working hard for each other and sharing the workload. Loved how in the first half, Souttar charged up field lost the ball but there was cover racing back. Good team spirit. 

Japan Jambo
10 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

🤣

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What's that meant to be? Barry, likesy, Ken?

They're called words, ri. 

We go to a thing called 'school' through in the east, and they teach us how to use them there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

GNANDO WATCH:

Despite being involved in the build up to the goal. Below "celebration" says it all, imo.

Slight pat on the shoulder. No smile. 

Be away by Wednesday.

Screenshot_20210808-084137_Twitter.jpg

Placed his boots on the floor took off his strip and went to the shower, didn't say a word

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

GNANDO WATCH:

Despite being involved in the build up to the goal. Below "celebration" says it all, imo.

Slight pat on the shoulder. No smile. 

Be away by Wednesday.

Screenshot_20210808-084137_Twitter.jpg

Cochrane away by Tuesday and that Hun Halliday away by Thursday as they’re no smiling either😂 Don’t think Haring wants to stay either as he looks embarrassed to be there in the photo and is hiding his face.

SLAVERING EJIT !!!!!!