• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, LMc said:

Will be a tough game. Need to show up and put in a decent performance. 

Is there a stream for this one? 

23 minutes ago, stotty said:

Was wondering the same thing. 

They’re selling one at £11:50 but it will be on here I reckon. 
http://www.hesgoal.com/

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ari Gold said:

Head - 0-0 or 1-0 either way. Tight game, stuffy, not pretty to watch. 

Heart - 2-0 hearts, Boyce and Halkett

What's yer body telling you.... 

I am quietly confident this week which means we will probably lose, 

Fancy a 4-1 to the JT's 

Benchmark game this. We’ll know a lot more about ourselves at 5pm tomorrow. Hopefully a front foot performance trying to win the game. Wouldn’t be too upset with a draw I suppose.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Rudi cant fail said:

We need to be going to places like this and picking up 3 points. Hibs managed 11 wins away from home in the league last season, Aberdeen regularly win away from home too. 
That’s what we’re up against, we hear on this forum constantly that we have a better squad than hibs etc so we need to be proving it.
Tomorrow’s a good chance to lay down a marker and we should be going there full of confidence after beating Celtic last week. 

Easy to bust that that myth …

We only need to get more points than the teams we are competing with. Hibs only won 7 home games all season. That was without their usual capitulation in the Edinburgh Derby. Aberdeen only won 6 away games and could barley register a goal for much of the season. If we win the majority of our home games and pick up a mixture of results away from home we will be competing for Europe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wish I could be positive, but I need some evidence on the road to become a believer, its like night and day home and away

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wish I could be positive, but I need some evidence on the road to become a believer, its like night and day home and away

Won both home games and both away games in League Cup  … 

Rudi cant fail
17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Easy to bust that that myth …

We only need to get more points than the teams we are competing with. Hibs only won 7 home games all season. That was without their usual capitulation in the Edinburgh Derby. Aberdeen only won 6 away games and could barley register a goal for much of the season. If we win the majority of our home games and pick up a mixture of results away from home we will be competing for Europe.

True, providing we pick up enough points at home. I think a lot of teams will sit in against us at home this season and we sometimes struggled to break down teams who did that against us last season. Better teams in this league could be even harder to break down. 

Last season Aberdeen and Hibs weren’t playing in front of home crowds so that maybe had an impact on home performances, but that could also be said about them playing away from home with no home fans there which could have impacted the home teams performances.
One thing is for sure though we really could be doing with improving on our points totals away from home

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Won both home games and both away games in League Cup  … 

Both away games I would say were far less fluent and against opposition that I wouldn't expect to put up firm resistance. Our League form on the road historically is undeniably atrocious

No Idle Talk

It's good to hear that Robbie and the coaching staff have been drumming it into the players all week that as great as last Saturday night was it means nothing if we go out and play poorly against St Mirren. That is the mentality we need to be successful. 

This game gives me the fear though. St Mirren are a bogey team for us and our away performances seldom match the standard of our home performances. So both of those things are worrying. 

Hopefully the boys can carry the confidence they gained from last Saturday into this match and go and get a win. We have more quality than St Mirren so the key is to win the battle first. And it will be a battle. A team managed by Jim Goodwin isn't just going to roll over and let us have the three points. If we can match their work rate and determination then I believe that's when our quality will show itself and we can win the game.

Come on the JTs. 

Boab Mugabe

As much as I enjoyed beating that scummy club last week, this if we were to win I would be even more thrilled with. For years we have been type of club that chucks it to snidey wee clubs like these after raising our game against one of the OF.

Saw on another forum, 2 players who were in the side last time we played in Paisley, Smith and Halkett have a chance of starting for us tomorrow. Brought home to me just how much has changed. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Saw on another forum, 2 players who were in the side last time we played in Paisley, Smith and Halkett have a chance of starting for us tomorrow. Brought home to me just how much has changed. 

Yeah, and didn't John Sutton say we had the same team that got relegated? 🤣

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Free to view for International Subscribers

Screenshot_20210806-181525_Chrome.jpg

Yep,looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, and didn't John Sutton say we had the same team that got relegated? 🤣

Chris Sutton. Aye that’s right. He’s an absolute ***** that guy.

21 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Somebody should shoot straight from the kick off. I think we pumped them the day Gary Mackay tried that.

I was there that day, to be fair, there was a fair wind in our favour.

Rick Sanchez

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Baningime

Halliday

Cochrane

Ginnelly

Boyce

GMS

No surprises. 2-1 away win.

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

:pleasing: 

It is that. Surprised though.

I assume that once full capacity is granted, there will be no more PPV.

So no more away games.

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

We need to get stuck into the diseased Paisley filth .

That's the team talk sorted. RN pretending he's from Renfrew of course.

20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As long as we are shite and win it will be a good day. 

This.

RN said at weekend the 3 points v Celtic are wasted if we lose this

Fired up. Get in about them. Not an easy game.

Toxteth O'Grady
52 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

I was there that day, to be fair, there was a fair wind in our favour.

Nothing ventured, it shows intent to have a go early. Who could forget Fulton driving into the box against Rangers in the 98 final?

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

That's the team talk sorted. RN pretending he's from Renfrew of course.

😀 Aye I forgot Neilson is from that dump.

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah, it’s not easy for me to believe we will go there and win either.   It’s all about mentality and I really hope we have a go away from home this season! 

I'm predicting a 0-3 away win.

We have, by far and away, the SPL's best 'keeper. No matter what teams we've been up against it's no mean feat that the only team to put one past him has been Celtic ... and WE WON the match.

Well do I remember the joyous drive to Perth following our magnificent 4-0 thrashing of the so-called 'invincibles' only to witness an abomination of a game with only one strike on goal (a Souttar header that even I could've saved); so I'm not simply being my usual 'hope over expectation' self.

I genuinely believe that we've turned a corner and have the players who can, and will, do the job. Convincingly.

❤❤G❤

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Benchmark game this. We’ll know a lot more about ourselves at 5pm tomorrow. Hopefully a front foot performance trying to win the game. Wouldn’t be too upset with a draw I suppose.

A leopard can’t change its spots……

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'm predicting a 0-3 away win.

We have, by far and away, the SPL's best 'keeper. No matter what teams we've been up against it's no mean feat that the only team to put one past him has been Celtic ... and WE WON the match.

Well do I remember the joyous drive to Perth following our magnificent 4-0 thrashing of the so-called 'invincibles' only to witness an abomination of a game with only one strike on goal (a Souttar header that even I could've saved); so I'm not simply being my usual 'hope over expectation' self.

I genuinely believe that we've turned a corner and have the players who can, and will, do the job. Convincingly.

❤❤G❤

Far too early to say if we’ve turned a corner IMO but this game will be a big pointer.

Rick Sanchez

Guaranteed they will be targeting the Kingsley and Cochrane side with their battering rams. Second balls will be crucial.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

Hearts tv are showing all the home games not televised, so i would presume most clubs will be doing something similar. If this is the case the away games should be available. Time to get a vpn! 

Look on the club website under 'How to Follow Hearts'. St Mirren match available to view on Hearts TV for overseas subscribers, audio in UK, video available on St Mirren TV, cost £12.50, a link is given.

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sportsound will have live commentary of the game. St Mirren can ram their £12.50 🖕

Pretty much this x a billion

31 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Yeah, it’s not easy for me to believe we will go there and win either.   It’s all about mentality and I really hope we have a go away from home this season! 

It is many a year since a Hearts team had a go away from home……apart from the last time we were at ER!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Yeah, hope they go with the belief that will make us believe in them 

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It is many a year since a Hearts team had a go away from home……apart from the last time we were at ER!

Starks Park fairly recently? 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, i was referring to the away games once the grounds are fully open. The comment i was replying to was about whether games would still be available as ppv. 

I'm not giving St. Mirren £12.50! 

Once grounds are fully re-open I can’t see why Sky would allow it. 

54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Starks Park fairly recently? 

Sorry should have clarified - in the Premier League.

Think this will be tough after the highs of last week back to the bread and butter shit we should be looking to win but often fail to do so.

Hard fought scrappy 0-1 I reckon.