***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Carrying on where we left off with away game difficulty priced in, I'm going for 2-1 to us. Boyce to get off the mark in the league.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

I refuse to take Saturday's great win and factor it into my thought process for this prediction as we know we can compete in the big games.  Our major issues have been these type of games.  We rarely seem to be up for them.  We will find out I guess where this team is at 5pm Saturday.

As it stands I will go for a nil nil draw unless Boyce gets 10 shots on goal as he may score then.

CloustonHMFC

3-0 Hearts. The team will go out and put in a great performance after getting some stick for barely touching the ball for 50 mins v Celtic. Boyce, GMS and Beni. Gino with x2 assists.

3-4-3 it will be and should be this-

Gordon

Halkett

Souttar

Kingsley

Smith

Beni

Haring

Cochrane

GMS

Boyce

Gino

I hope Beni's got top of the range shin guards. It won't have been missed the contribution he made on Saturday night. I just hope the dark side of Scottish football doesn't rear its ugly head and if it does he gets some protection from the refs.

Last few league games through in the Paisley shite pit since we last won in the league.

St Mirren 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 3 Hearts 2

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

We have not won there since the Scottish Cup game on 21st March 2012 when we won 2 nil.  We have not beaten them in the league in Paisley since 2010.

I don't think it is an over statement to suggest this is an absolute embarrassing run of results.

Anyone who is predicting an easy day is quite simple a buffoon.

Edited by i8hibsh

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Last few games through in the Paisley shite pit

St Mirren 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 3 Hearts 2

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

We have not won there since the Scottish Cup game on 21st March 2012 when we won 2 nil.  We have not beaten them in the league in Paisley since 2010.

I don't think it is an over statement to suggest this is an absolute embarrassing run of results.

Knew our record through there was shite but didn't think it was that bad. Our away form in general is embarrassing come to think of it.

Apart from Easter Road, obviously.

Edited by Section N Rules

We won't turn up, as in all previous games there. Hoping however, to be pleasantly surprised. Prediction, we get a man sent off, 4 other bookings, and a 2 - 1 defeat.

4 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Knew our record through there was shite but didn't think it was that bad. Our away form in general is embarrassing come to think of it.

Apart from Easter Road, obviously.

In fairness our record v them at Tynie is pretty decent, mostly wins and we tend to score lots.  But this is not good enough - I, like you never realised it was quite that chronic.

Edited by i8hibsh

Rudi still played for us when we last beat them and JJ was our manager when we last beat them away in the league.

We have to go into this game remembering we, Heart of Midlothian FC, are away to St.Mirren FC and not Rangers/Celtic/Barcelona/Leeds or Man City.

Pasquale for King

It really is about time we put utter dog shit like this in their place, a dominant 2 nothing win with Boyce and GMS to get the goals. 
Possibly a late dodgy red card for us from a weegie ref. 

I hope there's a marked improvement in tactics and approach. Shake off the terror of defeat and set up to win the game right from the start.

Not suggesting gung-ho but make winning, and not merely avoiding defeat, the aim.

We're far too cautious away from home. Have been for years. That's why our record away from Tynecastle honks so much.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster, particularly if we've played well with a bit of vigour and ambition but a win would be a marvellous boost.

As on the Celtic match thread, no prediction from me, but c'mon the Hearts.

:flagwave:

AlphonseCapone
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Last few league games through in the Paisley shite pit since we last won in the league.

St Mirren 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 3 Hearts 2

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

Offtt, didn't realise it was as pathetic as that. It felt bad but seeing it laid out doesn't make for good reading. 

As amazing as it is beating Celtic, this game is the proper test. This is the sort of game we find out what team we'll be this season. 

kingantti1874

Biggest game for a while. This will be a better indicator for the season than Celtic.

I really really hope we smash them given the events of March 2020

37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We have to go into this game remembering we, Heart of Midlothian FC, are away to St.Mirren FC and not Rangers/Celtic/Barcelona/Leeds or Man City.

Pretty much exactly this.

For once, I'd like to see the other team have to worry about the way Hearts are going to set up, rather than us continually changing shape according to what they are doing.  By all means, change it if it isn't working, but we really need to stop this negative set up away from home.

We are a much bigger club and a better team than teams like St Mirren.  We need to start remembering that from time to time.

I don't think Robbie has ever managed an away team in Paisley.  I may be wrong.

They went down the year we went up from the championship and were not in the championship with United.  

Hopefully with this and pretty much an entire squad who has not played there this is a new era ands different mentality. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I refuse to take Saturday's great win and factor it into my thought process for this prediction as we know we can compete in the big games.  Our major issues have been these type of games.  We rarely seem to be up for them.  We will find out I guess where this team is at 5pm Saturday.

As it stands I will go for a nil nil draw unless Boyce gets 10 shots on goal as he may score then.

Glad you've got control of your account again after it was clearly hacked with a couple of almost positive posts recently 

Auldbenches
58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

St Mirren 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 3 Hearts 2

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

Our away record at both st Mirren and the Perth saints is pretty shocking.  

Easter road seems to be the only place we are confident of getting a win at.  

We also need to show the smsm that Goodwin isn't the great manager they are making him out to be. 

It's also st Mirren so no mercy should ever be shown.  The only thing I'd show the players before the match is that Celtic badge on their main stand.  The biggest cringe in Scottish football. 

Ted Hastings

Better be a bloody free stream for this somewhere as i am not giving a penny to that mhob.

Another week for Beni to settle in, get to know his teammates and the system a bit better. Hope we press them high and control the game, we have been too passive at times away from home.

0-2, Boyce and Ginelly 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't think Robbie has ever managed an away team in Paisley.  I may be wrong.

They went down the year we went up from the championship and were not in the championship with United.  

Hopefully with this and pretty much an entire squad who has not played there this is a new era ands different mentality. 

Was he not in charge of Utd when St Mirren won the play-off final against them to stay up? 

2 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Was he not in charge of Utd when St Mirren won the play-off final against them to stay up? 

Ah possibly.

1-0 Hearts

Gordon

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Beni Halliday Cochrane 

GMS

Boyce Gnando

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Maybe need to educate yourself on Boyce’s shot to goal ratio

7 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Kevin Kyle and Templeton got the goals last time we beat them there.

Seems like a lifetime ago!

Just because you mentioned Kevin Kyle:

:yas:

Tennant's  6's

The type of game that we need to start winning. None of this 'it's a tough place to get a result' nonsense. 

It'll be a big test of the coaching staff/ players to see if they've got it in them to stamp their authority on the game, or at least grind out a result.

Would take a niggly 1 nil win right now. 

Never liked St Midden. As a club they serve no purpose. They have very few fans and play crap football. Add to the mix their manager who made a career out of kicking the shit out of better players and i think we can expect a turged stop start game that  ould go anyway. Fully expect injuries after this game. 

His name is

If we're to start pushing on, we need to start winning these kind of games.

We need to win the battle and have a wee bit extra to create and score the goals.

Time will tell if we're there yet

I absolutely detest St.Liedown, horrible 5hitey wee club.

This is gonna be a battle, just hope Hearts are up for it, this time. Haven't won there for ages, seems like forever, long overdue, so for that reason any win for Hearts will be more than welcome.

0-1 Gnando wi a header

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

St Mirren 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 1 Hearts 1

St Mirren 3 Hearts 2

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

St Mirren 0 Hearts 0

Proud buffoon.  3-1 Hearts.

Rocky jamboa

St mirren not bad up front with Brophy and Main so similar to the celtic game, we should have a good go at them. 

This game will let us see what to expect away from home this season. Hoping for a more positive, attacking approach. 

Neilson seems to think we need to put in the same level of performance as we did against Celtic. Newsflash! We were shite against Celtic. Neilson really is a clown.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson seems to think we need to put in the same level of performance as we did against Celtic. Newsflash! We were shite against Celtic. Neilson really is a clown.

As long as we are shite and win it will be a good day. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As long as we are shite and win it will be a good day. 

And what if we are shite and don’t win? Maybe trot out our record over the last decade there as being poor? or our away form in general being shite?

I think we’ll be in for a far tougher game than the one we had against Celtic. The same level of performance will not get us a result in Paisley. Neilson is kidding himself on if he thinks otherwise.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And what if we are shite and don’t win? Maybe trot out our record over the last decade there as being poor? or our away form in general being shite?

I think we’ll be in for a far tougher game than the one we had against Celtic. The same level of performance will not get us a result in Paisley. Neilson is kidding himself on if he thinks otherwise.

Results, results Ethan. It will be a stuffier game I agree. 

Ford Prentice

Can see Halliday getting sent off as ref will be watching him after all the wailing and gnashing of gums. Maybe rest him and give Haring a start. Interested to see if he's still got 90 minutes in him.

2:1 away win for the Jambos.

JamboJoker98

Really should be winning these games if we have any ambition to be top 3. Are we at that point though?? In anycase I'll take 1-0 Boyce, a scrappy game

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

St Mirren are a bit like Dundee in that they always seem to raise their game when they play us and for far too long we have allowed them to get on top.

I am hoping that we have the right attitude to give them a real game and win this.

As Robbie said it's great beating Celtic but we need to follow that up with a win against St Mirren,

They are never easy to beat and always a threat they have some decent players.

Brophy and Main up front will be a handfull for our CB's and I fancy that Main will go up against Halkett as he will fancy his chances of winning most of the aerial battles.

It will be tight I am sure and we will soon find out if what Boyce was saying in his recent interview comes true.