Cinch

Jambo61

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Which they didnt even do, they got in a firm to do it for them.

What exactly are they paid to do??

Exactly. The swamp needs drained, so to speak.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• Hagar the Horrible

• Lone Striker

Rogue Daddy
Just now, milky_26 said:

so each team gets a box of monster munch from it

🤣 At least! ...although the bottom team gets beef flavour. No choice 🤮

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Which they didnt even do, they got in a firm to do it for them.

What exactly are they paid to do??

remember a few years ago that doncaster needed lawell to hold his hand while negotiating a deal. or sould that be lawell sorting the deal out so that it would be to the detriment of scottish football but help maintain celtics financial advantage

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Exactly. The swamp needs drained, so to speak.

Exactly... doesn't matter about sevcos motives - it's long overdue and what should be done!

Hagar the Horrible

Just to be clear the Cinch deal is shite...LTA for Queens is esimated at £9m for 4 years, for a 2 week annual tournament,  Spurs are getting £10m (est)  per year just on their sleeves

2006 The clydesdale bank paid £8m to sponsor the league and that was considered poor

Ladbrookes was £2m per season

For 10 years before the Clydesdale bank deal the BoS gave us £17m over 10 years

In the 10 years Doncaster has been in charge he has got us a deal worth 25% in real terms than we had 20 years ago.

I am with Rangers on this one

Jambof3tornado

As much as this is about rangers,it really isnt all about rangers. Clubs should have been asking hard questions about this and the bumper telly deal.

Why we continue to put up with doncaster is beyond me.

There's no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

Cinch will be laughing their socks off at this.

Their PR dept. have already got their £8M worth thanks to The Rangers.

Well played them.

Takes selfish self-interest to a new depth of low when a director gets upset about a sponsorship because it affects his outside business interests...

Hagar the Horrible

The deal over 5 years is about 0.16% of the money CAG (owners of Cinch and WeBuyAnyCar) will make this year.

How can this be the biggest deal ever when its estimated to be 16% of the Spurs deal, after Doncasters salary it averages out at £28.5k per club. but as the top 2 takes 32% the remaining £64k for the non OF sides in the SPFL, and about £8k for all Chamionship L1 and L2 sides average.  You get more for turning up at Queens to play tennis,   £6,5m for the cricket,  The Edinburgh sessions might have a better deal, still trying fo find out how much it even compared to the Northampton saints

alwaysthereinspirit
50 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so each team gets a box of monster munch from it

A box or a packet?

Hagar the Horrible

From the Clydesdale bank deal based on inflation this deal is worth 72% of the deal we had in 2006

Its worh 92% is actual terms of the Bos deal we had in 96, and with inflation 58%

It would take aprox £3m per annum to be a better deal, and that is still 30% of the Spurs deal, just for a name on the sleeve

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

OF get a box others get a packet

Why change distribution now. Cash or snacks.

”we have the biggest percentage of fans. We need the most snacks”

Just looking at Rangers accounts - they apparently brought in £35.7 million on sponsorship and advertising for the year ending 30 June 2020. You'd assume as Champions that amount would increase.

The league's deal will be undercutting a lot of their club/stadium sponsors who probably get less for their money than the SPFL promised cinch. That's before you factor the other 41 clubs in too.

It could be interesting if it goes to arbitration/court. Not that we'll ever learn the details though.

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Just looking at Rangers accounts - they apparently brought in £35.7 million on sponsorship and advertising for the year ending 30 June 2020. You'd assume as Champions that amount would increase.

The league's deal will be undercutting a lot of their club/stadium sponsors who probably get less for their money than the SPFL promised cinch. That's before you factor the other 41 clubs in too.

It could be interesting if it goes to arbitration/court. Not that we'll ever learn the details though.

Just for perspective, we as fans put in roughly the same into the FoH, if we were to redirect our money we could sponsor the new Heart of Midlothian FC league and force all clubs to have our crest on every other 41 clubs sleeve

Why is it that people get a vote on who runs the country but fans don't get to vote on who runs our national game? It's non democratic and leads to incompetence and corruption.Why the clubs put up with them god only knows.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Why is it that people get a vote on who runs the country but fans don't get to vote on who runs our national game? It's non democratic and leads to incompetence and corruption.Why the clubs put up with them god only knows.

The clubs get a vote and they haven’t shown much interest in shaking things up. 

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The clubs get a vote and they haven’t shown much interest in shaking things up. 

That's what i mean.God only knows why.Fan Pressure on the club's boards to go for radical change would need to happen.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The deal over 5 years is about 0.16% of the money CAG (owners of Cinch and WeBuyAnyCar) will make this year.

How can this be the biggest deal ever when its estimated to be 16% of the Spurs deal, after Doncasters salary it averages out at £28.5k per club. but as the top 2 takes 32% the remaining £64k for the non OF sides in the SPFL, and about £8k for all Chamionship L1 and L2 sides average.  You get more for turning up at Queens to play tennis,   £6,5m for the cricket,  The Edinburgh sessions might have a better deal, still trying fo find out how much it even compared to the Northampton saints

The distribution %ages were changed from the 2013/14 season onwards (while Sevco was in the lower leagues).

The Premiership gets 82.25% of all revenues, but the top two now receive 23%

The Championship gets 12.05%

League 1 gets 3.45%

League 2 gets 2.25%

Edit: if the full £1.6m was distributed annually, the split would be:

League Position Percentage Share £1,600,000
1 13.40% £214,400
2 9.60% £153,600
3 8.25% £132,000
4 7.25% £116,000
5 6.75% £108,000
6 6.25% £100,000
7 5.75% £92,000
8 5.50% £88,000
9 5.25% £84,000
10 5.00% £80,000
11 4.75% £76,000
12 4.50% £72,000
13 2.25% £36,000
14 1.90% £30,400
15 1.60% £25,600
16 1.30% £20,800
17 1.00% £16,000
18 0.90% £14,400
19 0.85% £13,600
20 0.80% £12,800
21 0.75% £12,000
22 0.70% £11,200
23 0.50% £8,000
24 0.43% £6,880
25 0.35% £5,600
26 0.34% £5,440
27 0.33% £5,280
28 0.32% £5,120
29 0.31% £4,960
30 0.30% £4,800
31 0.29% £4,640
32 0.28% £4,480
33 0.27% £4,320
34 0.26% £4,160
35 0.25% £4,000
36 0.24% £3,840
37 0.23% £3,680
38 0.22% £3,520
39 0.21% £3,360
40 0.20% £3,200
41 0.19% £3,040
42 0.18% £2,880
Edited by Footballfirst

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Exactly... doesn't matter about sevcos motives - it's long overdue and what should be done!

This ....  if it edges Doncaster to the door because he is inept and a bad administrator ... brilliant

132goals1958
11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Doncaster is leading us to be like the Welsh league. 

The problem is outside the country the perception of Scottish football is pretty low and a hard sell. Two teams from the one city dominating the league for over 35 years with little prospect of change. Notwithstanding, the abysmal effort in terms of attracting some reasonable investment  should have resulted in Doncaster getting his jotters long ago.

Benny Factor
5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

It must be serious, the SPFL have dragged out old Murdoch MacLennan from his crypt.

Maybe he'll give us another Q & A like he did last year. :D

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The distribution %ages were changed from the 2013/14 season onwards (while Sevco was in the lower leagues).

The Premiership gets 82.25% of all revenues, but the top two now receive 23%

The Championship gets 12.05%

League 1 gets 3.45%

League 2 gets 2.25%

Edit: if the full £1.6m was distributed annually, the split would be:

League Position Percentage Share £1,600,000
1 13.40% £214,400
2 9.60% £153,600
3 8.25% £132,000
4 7.25% £116,000
5 6.75% £108,000
6 6.25% £100,000
7 5.75% £92,000
8 5.50% £88,000
9 5.25% £84,000
10 5.00% £80,000
11 4.75% £76,000
12 4.50% £72,000
13 2.25% £36,000
14 1.90% £30,400
15 1.60% £25,600
16 1.30% £20,800
17 1.00% £16,000
18 0.90% £14,400
19 0.85% £13,600
20 0.80% £12,800
21 0.75% £12,000
22 0.70% £11,200
23 0.50% £8,000
24 0.43% £6,880
25 0.35% £5,600
26 0.34% £5,440
27 0.33% £5,280
28 0.32% £5,120
29 0.31% £4,960
30 0.30% £4,800
31 0.29% £4,640
32 0.28% £4,480
33 0.27% £4,320
34 0.26% £4,160
35 0.25% £4,000
36 0.24% £3,840
37 0.23% £3,680
38 0.22% £3,520
39 0.21% £3,360
40 0.20% £3,200
41 0.19% £3,040
42 0.18% £2,880

Wonderfully concise. Doncaster however is a liability. A 5 year bad deal. And no calls for him to go. I just dont get why the SMSM dont pull up on his claims. Its still a worse deal than the Bank of Scotland 20 years ago worse than the Clydesdale bank 15 years ago. We still donate more than that every year. This coupled with the TV deal we are burdened with an under sold product. Rangers as Champions get 2.1% of what Spurs get from Cinch are spurs 49 times bigger than Sevco?

7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

£1.6 million a year. Split 42 ways.

We'd make more if we sold better pies!!!

FOH raises close to £1.6m a year.  Let that sink in!

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Must be worth more than £8m then, as the Ladbrokes deal was reported to be worth around £2m per season over 5 seasons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49361657

59 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Must be worth more than £8m then, as the Ladbrokes deal was reported to be worth around £2m per season over 5 seasons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49361657

The Ladbrokes sponsorship was never one single deal. It was a two year deal in 2015 (£4m), a one year extension in 2017 (£2m) then a two year extension in 2018 (£5m).

It's only the "biggest ever deal" because of the length of the deal.

10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

8 million between 42 clubs over 5 years. Biggest winners here are the consultancy firm that worked on the deal that get over 100k!!

About time clubs called these sponsorship deals out for what they are and punted doncaster. 

Our setup is a fekkin shambles.

Jesus **** 8million over 5 years for all 42teams that is disgusting , how does Doncaster still have a job

7 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Just for perspective, we as fans put in roughly the same into the FoH, if we were to redirect our money we could sponsor the new Heart of Midlothian FC league and force all clubs to have our crest on every other 41 clubs sleeve

I like this plan

18 hours ago, number-16 said:

The Ladbrokes sponsorship was never one single deal. It was a two year deal in 2015 (£4m), a one year extension in 2017 (£2m) then a two year extension in 2018 (£5m).

It's only the "biggest ever deal" because of the length of the deal.

So, typical SPFL weasel words to make the deal appear better than it is.  The Ladbrokes deals were worth a cumulative £11m over 5 seasons, but they are trying to spin the cinch deal for £8 as being better.  

Sun is reporting (I know) that McLennan's email "urged clubs to back under-fire SPFL CEO Neil Doncaster as he fights for his job."

This really should be the end of Doncaster but I have thought that on numerous occasions over the years and it would probably take him to resign as it seems well nigh impossible to sack him.

Can see this ending up in court with Cinch suing the SPFL. Unfortunately the SPFL is the clubs not the Board so this could be expensive if Rangers don't agree a compromise.

My guess is that Rangers will play ball if Doncaster agrees to walk away. They seem to be in a strong position legally so fingers crossed.

Rogue Daddy
15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Sun is reporting (I know) that McLennan's email "urged clubs to back under-fire SPFL CEO Neil Doncaster as he fights for his job."

This really should be the end of Doncaster but I have thought that on numerous occasions over the years and it would probably take him to resign as it seems well nigh impossible to sack him.

Can see this ending up in court with Cinch suing the SPFL. Unfortunately the SPFL is the clubs not the Board so this could be expensive if Rangers don't agree a compromise.

My guess is that Rangers will play ball if Doncaster agrees to walk away. They seem to be in a strong position legally so fingers crossed.

I really think Rangers are gunning for him and spfl in general... especially after the lockdown fiasco handing the league to celtic. They were after his blood back then also, offering to fund an independent enquiry into the handling of premature ending of the season.

Really don't know how this clown still has a job... we didn't have a sponsor for years and when we do get one it's crap - he lied to clubs about prize monies to get backing to end the league (later we found out that monies had to be paid back to SKY for un-televised games) - he pissed off BT and BBC to ensure we received a crap deal (again) from SKY... he should be ran out of town and made to pay back every penny of his salary! (Hey look, mods, I can do it without swearies... whoda thunk it! 🤣)

Don't really care what sevcos motives are, I hope they bring dungcaster and the spfl to it's knees... it need ripped up and started again.

john thomas
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I really think Rangers are gunning for him and spfl in general... especially after the lockdown fiasco handing the league to celtic. They were after his blood back then also, offering to fund an independent enquiry into the handling of premature ending of the season.

Really don't know how this clown still has a job... we didn't have a sponsor for years and when we do get one it's crap - he lied to clubs about prize monies to get backing to end the league (later we found out that monies had to be paid back to SKY for un-televised games) - he pissed off BT and BBC to ensure we received a crap deal (again) from SKY... he should be ran out of town and made to pay back every penny of his salary! (Hey look, mods, I can do it without swearies... whoda thunk it! 🤣)

Don't really care what sevcos motives are, I hope they bring dungcaster and the spfl to it's knees... it need ripped up and started again.

Think last year they stated their intention to bring him down 

Goes against the grain but think that they should be backed by us all , on this occasion

The latest statement from Rangers is hilarious, reveals Doncaster took the praise for winning cinch deal when I fact they have paid an agency £500k to do it.

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Think last year they stated their intention to bring him down 

Goes against the grain but think that they should be backed by us all , on this occasion

Completely agree... we (Hearts) all have our own reasons but they have to get shot by any means, for the good of Scottish football. He is doing us no favours whatsoever. £400k! Makes me angry just typing it!

Seems strange to me that Der Hun had no objections to playing in a league sponsored by Ladbrokes, a Scottish Cup sponsored by William Hill, & a league cup sponsored by Betfred. All the time their shirt sponsor Was............wait for it..............Bet 32!

It's almost as if they have another agenda, by refusing to have Cinch on their jerseys. Who'd have guessed?

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The latest statement from Rangers is hilarious, reveals Doncaster took the praise for winning cinch deal when I fact they have paid an agency £500k to do it.

It is a lovely check mate.

Pointing out that Doncaster claimed responsibility for the deal so if he ignored Rangers concern before making it public he is to blame.

But also highlighting that another 500k has been spent on agency fees to do what Doncaster is paid to do. In other words, what are we paying Doncaster for?

1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Seems strange to me that Der Hun had no objections to playing in a league sponsored by Ladbrokes, a Scottish Cup sponsored by William Hill, & a league cup sponsored by Betfred. All the time their shirt sponsor Was............wait for it..............Bet 32!

It's almost as if they have another agenda, by refusing to have Cinch on their jerseys. Who'd have guessed?

William Hill's sponsorship of the cup started in 2012 so Rangers wouldn't have been able to offer Bet 32 an exclusivity clause. Additionally, Rangers might have been less inclined to accept any such clause as they tend to spend a lot on sports advertising.

They may well have another agenda but if they have a contract with Parks of Hamilton, signed pre-cinch deal, that says their competitors can't advertise with the club then there's not much the SPFL can do about that.

Edited by number-16

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Written by someone else type ****ing post imo

Rogue Daddy
30 minutes ago, sadj said:

Written by someone else type ****ing post imo

Eh? Not sure I follow?

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Think it's a reference to your comment to the mods.

Is he having a go? 🤷‍♂️ … I gave a similar response to a similar post last night and the post was removed my mods because (apparently) I had bypassed a ‘swear filter’ …didn’t even know I could do that! 😂

46 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Is he having a go? 🤷‍♂️ … I gave a similar response to a similar post last night and the post was removed my mods because (apparently) I had bypassed a ‘swear filter’ …didn’t even know I could do that! 😂

No of course Im not having a go🤣. Im

bad for bypassing the swear filter. Happens when you have a jonnoesque level of creativity with them. T’was indeedy a reference to your comment to the mods about not having a sweary in the post. 

Ill go back to puns clearly they land better 🤨

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

No of course Im not having a go🤣. Im

bad for bypassing the swear filter. Happens when you have a jonnoesque level of creativity with them. T’was indeedy a reference to your comment to the mods about not having a sweary in the post. 

Ill go back to puns clearly they land better 🤨

👍Ahhhhhh…. Fraid it went over my ****ing heid! 😂

Dirty Deeds

As amazing as it is that Doncaster still has a job and I agree the cinch deal is shit, it still feels like an odd fight for Rangers to pick.

I'll sit back and enjoy.