Cinch

Jambo61

It will be very interesting to see if the Newco are taken to task by the SPFL for flouting the new sponsors and endangering the deal/ income of fellow members?

I'd guess they have to consider expelling them from the league...............hahahahahaha aye right!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• Hagar the Horrible

• Lone Striker

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

It will be very interesting to see if the Newco are taken to task by the SPFL for flouting the new sponsors and endangering the deal/ income of fellow members?

I'd guess they have to consider expelling them from the league...............hahahahahaha aye right!

Is all this because one of their directors has a used car company?  

I'm sure the article I read said it's something to do with Donald Park also selling cars. 

Imagine having to pay the sponsorship money back because of that.  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I'm sure the article I read said it's something to do with Donald Park also selling cars. 

Imagine if it were a different bookies or drinks firm, all sponsorship could fail!

Must be a quandry for the men in suits...........why would anyone enter into an unenforceable agreement???

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The deal is absolutely terrible to be honest, if its going to be Doncaster final nail in the coffin then I'm all for it.

Mon the rangers..? 

Alex MacDonald
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It’s Douglas Park who has used car dealerships. Wee Parkie hasn’t yet diversified into flogging motors.

Jambof3tornado

8 million between 42 clubs over 5 years. Biggest winners here are the consultancy firm that worked on the deal that get over 100k!!

About time clubs called these sponsorship deals out for what they are and punted doncaster. 

Our setup is a fekkin shambles.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Alex MacDonald said:

It’s Douglas Park who has used car dealerships. Wee Parkie hasn’t yet diversified into flogging motors.

I can even blame predictive text.  

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The deal is absolutely terrible to be honest, if its going to be Doncaster final nail in the coffin then I'm all for it.

That is standard for Doncaster and if anything it's at least a slight improvement on no sponsor. It doesn't mean Rangers have a right to just ignore it though.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

8 million between 42 clubs over 5 years. Biggest winners here are the consultancy firm that worked on the deal that get over 100k!!

About time clubs called these sponsorship deals out for what they are and punted doncaster. 

First a cheap vodka company, now a 2nd hand car "blind sales" company.    Lawell was right to describe Doncaster as a "very able guy" .......  able to get away with dragging Scottish football down to this level while pocketing £400k a year. 😠

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It can't be 8 million over 5 years? 

Saint Jambo

Seems straight forward to me. If Cinch pulls out the starting point is Rangers should be required to pay £8m in compensation to the SPFL.

After that you start thinking about the sanction against Rangers. Maybe something creative like a ban on Rangers having any pitch side advertising or shirt sponsorship for 10 games. See how they like someone messing with their commercial deals. You simply can't have the position where the league can't sign deals with any industry that any owner is involved in.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Do Rangers have any reason beyond a director not liking a rival car sales business? 

It being worth £40k a year is the big issue it seems. 

goldiebackwash1985

That same Scottish Sun report claims that Rangers believe they can snub certain terms of the five-year contract under rule I7 of the SPFL rulebook.

8 million for the whole of Scottish football over 5 years? I wouldn't be surprised if Cinch were paying Spurs that for one year.

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It can't be 8 million over 5 years? 

£1.6 million a year. Split 42 ways.

We'd make more if we sold better pies!!!

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

8 million for the whole of Scottish football over 5 years? I wouldn't be surprised if Cinch were paying Spurs that for one year.

Less costs to the consultancy firm of 100k......per year!!!

16 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Still remember when Barry Hearn was invited up to Hampden and was honest and fairly brutal in his criticism of how Scottish football is run and none of his advice even cracked the surface of these incompetent tools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/30324888.amp

He pretty much got chased out of town.  

This issue will be fudged with the league agreeing a discount to Cinch. 

They will not risk losing the entire deal over this. 

Rangers will be punished - it'll be a token value that is not over the top but makes a statement (for example x2 or x3 the annual income Rangers would earn from this sponsor). 

£8 Million over 5 years, split between 42 clubs?  Jesus....

That being said, Doncaster's ****ing salary over the same 5 years will be £2 Million, without considering any pay rises that he'll clearly get.  So he makes more money than the clubs that make up the league!  How can that be allowed?

That man right there is part of the reason our league is considered an absolute joke.  We talk ourselves into shit deals with any company that will listen to us, and end up having shite like Glen's Vodka being the partner of a Professional Sports league.  Might as well get Frosty Jacks, Benson and Hedges and Greggs on board as well.

The_razors_edge

I’m absolutely convinced, and I’ve said it before, the SPFL don’t want a good sponsorship or TV deal. Ultimately, more money going in to the pockets of Hearts, hibs, Aberdeen etc isn’t what the blazers or rangers and celtic want. They want to keep us as skint as possible so we don’t provide a legitimate challenge to the duopoly. 

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I’m absolutely convinced, and I’ve said it before, the SPFL don’t want a good sponsorship or TV deal. Ultimately, more money going in to the pockets of Hearts, hibs, Aberdeen etc isn’t what the blazers or rangers and celtic want. They want to keep us as skint as possible so we don’t provide a legitimate challenge to the duopoly. 

I think sevco are on a mission here. Their ex-spfl chairman was in one of the papers slagging off the SKY deal also (a few days ago)... almost like they're spoiling for a battle with the spfl. Popcorn time may be approaching!

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Both of these.

Those in charge at the SPFL are not fit for purpose. 

Odds on Rangers announcing that they have a better deal lined up for the league and try to make Doncaster look incompetent?

A quick look at the Rangers board shows folk with links to businesses that will see £1.6m a year for advertising as pocket change.

18 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Thought similarly myself. No TV deal Scotland could get could make Celtic and Rangers into Champions League end stage regulars but it would mean Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen could suddenly offer competitive terms to what’s on offer down south and would mean the OF would need to may more to cherry pick our best talents. 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Cinch pay more for a sleeve advert on Spurs strips than they do for the whole of Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

8 million. FFS. Embarrassing. The national game.

Especially when you consider what Doncaster alone gets paid, and he is getting paid to do far better deals for the clubs than this.

3 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Odds on Rangers announcing that they have a better deal lined up for the league and try to make Doncaster look incompetent?

A quick look at the Rangers board shows folk with links to businesses that will see £1.6m a year for advertising as pocket change.

Hopefully so.

I have no idea why the clubs accept this utter shambles of a governing body. They should have been booted into touch years ago. Hearts are completely complicit despite the shaftings we've had.

Realise folk will have their opinions on Rangers but i 100% back them here.

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I know that this is what is being reported but there has to be more to it than this.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Hopefully so.

I have no idea why the clubs accept this utter shambles of a governing body. They should have been booted into touch years ago. Hearts are completely complicit despite the shaftings we've had.

Realise folk will have their opinions on Rangers but i 100% back them here.

Completely agree. Definitely missed an opportunity during the first lockdown, when they offered to stump up the cash for an independent enquiry into the spfl. I think Rangers are gunning for them... need a few teams here, to back them up. You never know, it might be the start of the change Scottish football needs.

I dream. :sleeping:

ToadKiller Dog

Orcs making moves to remove celtic from control over the scottish game and put themselves back incharge .

That was started with their dossier that came to nothing once the Spfl/celtic board ended the season 2019/20 .

This latest stuff is all part of that .

Maybe the orcs are right to noise off they ain't doing it for our or anybody else's benefit but their own .

They smell blood as the other half are weak on and off the pitch .

I won't be forgetting Murrays rangers  using pals in the banks to blackmail other clubs to sell to them on the cheap .

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Orcs making moves to remove celtic from control over the scottish game and put themselves back incharge .

That was started with their dossier that came to nothing once the Spfl/celtic board ended the season 2019/20 .

This latest stuff is all part of that .

Maybe the orcs are right to noise off they ain't doing it for our or anybody else's benefit but their own .

They smell blood as the other half are weak on and off the pitch .

I won't be forgetting Murrays rangers  using pals in the banks to blackmail other clubs to sell to them on the cheap .

This must be one of the opinions on Rangers, old and new. Seems legit.

56 minutes ago, tian447 said:

£8 Million over 5 years, split between 42 clubs?  Jesus....

That being said, Doncaster's ****ing salary over the same 5 years will be £2 Million, without considering any pay rises that he'll clearly get.  So he makes more money than the clubs that make up the league!  How can that be allowed?

That man right there is part of the reason our league is considered an absolute joke.  We talk ourselves into shit deals with any company that will listen to us, and end up having shite like Glen's Vodka being the partner of a Professional Sports league.  Might as well get Frosty Jacks, Benson and Hedges and Greggs on board as well.

question does that whole 8M go to the clubs or do the blazers take a slice of it for running costs, doncasters wages?

44 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

that is quite clear as if the other clubs had a bit more money they could do things like demand bigger fees from the OF for those players who would just sit on the bench once they move. thus giving them a bigger chance of either holding onto them or replacing them with someone of equal quality

Rogue Daddy
Just now, milky_26 said:

question does that whole 8M go to the clubs or do the blazers take a slice of it for running costs, doncasters wages?

SPFL pot, deduction for wages, running costs, dungcaters hair stylist... what's left is divvied up. Thinks it's the same with the TV monies.

12 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I know that this is what is being reported but there has to be more to it than this.

I believe Rangers are arguing that they have a existing contract with Parks of Hamilton, the terms of which (likely stating that Rangers can't also advertise direct competitors) is in conflict with the new sponsorship.

They are arguing that this is allowed under rule I7 (https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 01-Jul-21 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf).

I7 Subject:-
I7.1 that a Club shall not, other than in respect of a Commercial Contract relating to Radio Transmission or Transmission, be obliged to comply with this Rule I7 if to do so would result in that Club being in breach of a contractual obligation entered into prior to the Commercial Contract concerned being approved to be entered into by the Company; and

I7.2 these Rules including Rule I21

the Clubs and each of them shall license and otherwise provide to the Company the use of such of their other rights, facilities and properties as may be required by the Company to enable the Company to enter into and/or fulfil its obligations under and in terms of Commercial Contracts entered or to be entered into by the Company.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If Rangers could get a better deal than Cinch why did they not bring it to the table earlier?

It may be the case that the deal didn't require sign-off of the board/membership. Additionally, can be sometimes be easy to underestimate the incompetence of others.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If Rangers could get a better deal than Cinch why did they not bring it to the table earlier?

The Cinch deal was probably announced without prior notice to clubs. It's not up to the clubs to find deals, its the Commercial dept (no laughing now) at the SPFL's duty.

So, if that rule 17 stands up , Cinch can't advertise at rangers. A bit of an oversight from Doncaster. Relations with Cinch in the ditch

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, number-16 said:

I believe Rangers are arguing that they have a existing contract with Parks of Hamilton, the terms of which (likely stating that Rangers can't also advertise direct competitors) is in conflict with the new sponsorship.

They are arguing that this is allowed under rule I7 (https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 01-Jul-21 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf).

It may be the case that the deal didn't require sign-off of the board/membership. Additionally, can be sometimes be easy to underestimate the incompetence of others.

You would hope the members would be aware but you never know with the SPFL. 

Whatever you think of the deal, it can’t be denied that our flag on Saturday looked absolutely shite with cinch emblazoned all over it. They didn’t even sponsor the league we won. 
Also, why was it raised in portrait rather than allowed to fly landscape? 
Seriously hope we don’t fly that at Tynecastle. 

Jambof3tornado
32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Especially when you consider what Doncaster alone gets paid, and he is getting paid to do far better deals for the clubs than this.

400k a year is he not on. So alone he pockets in 5 years over a quarter of the sponsorship deal thats spread over 42 clubs!!!

Shyster. Time clubs acted to get rid.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Homme said:

The Cinch deal was probably announced without prior notice to clubs. It's not up to the clubs to find deals, its the Commercial dept (no laughing now) at the SPFL's duty.

Which they didnt even do, they got in a firm to do it for them.

What exactly are they paid to do??

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

SPFL pot, deduction for wages, running costs, dungcaters hair stylist... what's left is divvied up. Thinks it's the same with the TV monies.

so each team gets a box of monster munch from it