Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, 18nick74 said:

Where is the “full for Aberdeen game” guy? Presumably hiding after slating a number of posters for being cautious over the inevitable. 

Nope he's not hiding.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

Paninaro Hearts

im here, it will be full, we just have to ask for permission from the council? as there is to be no social distancing then our case for full capacity will be given the go ahead. this is just a tick box excercise.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

See the 10k ST figure…..do we really think that’s fully paid up STs or also includes the ‘£25 keep your seat’ numbers?

Almost everyone I speak to has taken the £25 option?!

The fact the £25 optiin folk were included in the ballot(i believe), tells you all you need to know

Just now, Paninaro Hearts said:

im here, it will be full, we just have to ask for permission from the council? as there is to be no social distancing then our case for full capacity will be given the go ahead. this is just a tick box excercise.

Genuinely never seen you post. I hope you are right mate!

Did anyone expect the FM to do anything else given her track record and that of her dentist sidekick ?

It's made up nonsense to try and demonstrate some kind of control she wishes to exude

No problem with asking for masks etc but once more logic flies out the window when it comes to sporting events

When will people wake up to her and her government looking after their own image and not taking a common sense approach

Almost as bad as the district council and their fake concern for the road users and cyclists with the rather stupid barriers placed around the city

Paninaro Hearts
4 minutes ago, 18nick74 said:

Where is the “full for Aberdeen game” guy? Presumably hiding after slating a number of posters for being cautious over the inevitable. 

Just now, Boab said:

I think everyone hopes he is.

I doubt it though.

what are people doubting though? you have to ask permission which we will. Nightclubs are now open ffs...

I have faith in all elected officials that they will make the correct decision ….. for them, the one that gets them most votes when they are up for re-election!

1 minute ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

what are people doubting though? you have to ask permission which we will. Nightclubs are now open ffs...

Don’t get me wrong I agree with you that we should be full capacity! But it’s the council. And I feel people are doubting because everyone feels we could have had more this whole time and have been held back by the council so can’t see them just jumping up to full now. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think everyone hopes he is.

I doubt it though.

Whilst no clear facts are available regarding the issues facing clubs capacities, continuing to state it will all be fine time after time when we have seen limited capacity way below what we expected leads me to believe its a full capacity hope rather than anything else from the poster.

I do hope the club acts very quickly in working with the council to get max numbers back in

bigsuperslim1874
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The fact the £25 optiin folk were included in the ballot(i believe), tells you all you need to know

I wasn’t! I chose the £25 option this time and right enough I couldn’t select it on the website (those who have paid full whack should absolutely be given priority with this stuff though).

I think it’s just ‘creative accounting’….10k ‘sold’ but he actual number who have paid full whack up front is a bit less. Ticket office told me that the £25 folk won’t be getting in until ALL fans are allowed back.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

john thomas
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Did anyone expect the FM to do anything else given her track record and that of her dentist sidekick ?

It's made up nonsense to try and demonstrate some kind of control she wishes to exude

No problem with asking for masks etc but once more logic flies out the window when it comes to sporting events

When will people wake up to her and her government looking after their own image and not taking a common sense approach

Almost as bad as the district council and their fake concern for the road users and cyclists with the rather stupid barriers placed around the city

Not even political to say all you have to do is compare the SG approach which prioritises clinical advice not business friends pressure to the mumbling and bumbling corrupt behaviour at Westminster 

Purely observational

Paninaro Hearts
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whilst no clear facts are available regarding the issues facing clubs capacities, continuing to state it will all be fine time after time when we have seen limited capacity way below what we expected leads me to believe its a full capacity hope rather than anything else from the poster.

I do hope the club acts very quickly in working with the council to get max numbers back in

this was all based upon social distancing which has now been scrapped?

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why do councils need a say if no social distancing???

They hold control over the safety certificates and licensing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit of a cop out and what pressure on the councils, nothing to say you cant sell out your stadium, slopy shoulders if ever there was

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Your post is totally discredited by calling Covid a myth. I'm sure those who have lost relatives and friends would disagree. 

My daughter is an Intensive Care nurse and to call it a myth is an insult to her and her colleagues. 

I will leave it at that so as not to hijack the thread.

Football wise let's hope the progress continues and we can all get back soon.

Great post Jonno.

So we could have 5000 attend and cram everybody them all into the main stand but have to ask if we want to let all season ticket holders in and leave a seat between them.

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

It was based on more than that. It was based on demonstrating how they would comply with physical distancing and put in place other measures to reduce risk. The question is whether councils will accept that if 'mitigating measures' are in place that they will then sign off on full capacity. Its a worry that one of the aspects of the 'guidance' to businesses will be to continue with physical distancing. If councils adopt that guidance as the basis for assessing applications for larger events we might end up with physical distancing requirements by the backdoor. Even worse, it could be applied differently on a council by council basis.

10 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

The local council environmental health officers need to sign off no doubt a shit load of criteria beyond just social distancing removal.

Edited by DETTY29

17 minutes ago, Paninaro Hearts said:

We’ll see.

Everyone wants a full house for the sheep.

As a betting man, I’m not taking that bet !

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

It was based on more than that. It was based on demonstrating how they would comply with physical distancing and put in place other measures to reduce risk. The question is whether councils will accept that if 'mitigating measures' are in place that they will then sign off on full capacity. Its a worry that one of the aspects of the 'guidance' to businesses will be to continue with physical distancing. If councils adopt that guidance as the basis for assessing applications for larger events we might end up with physical distancing requirements by the backdoor. Even worse, it could be applied differently on a council by council basis.

It is applied differently right now.

Watch the highlights of the Motherwell/ Hibs game.

Government have shat it IMO.

Gorgie_Rules

Not sure where this all ends to be honest if the council don’t grant full capacity. There is now no legal requirement for social distancing.

We will see what happens but it’s mind boggling if I can get a train up to Edinburgh jam packed head to pubs and go clubbing with no mask with hundreds in a sweat pit before returning home.

common sense surely has to apply

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

We’ll see.

Everyone wants a full house for the sheep.

As a betting man, I’m not taking that bet !

They are sitting on the fence, these applications apparently for a very limited period. Personally think they are hedging bets for a week, gauging public reaction. I reckon Rangers will go ahead with 50k next Tuesday and the issue will be forced

Shanks said no

Asked a bar owner (via text, not in pub) what he has found out

The only info i got from that is that we can open til 1am and put some more tables in. Nothing about table service, nothing about standing. Still have to wear masks

Back of the Bus
3 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Not sure where this all ends to be honest if the council don’t grant full capacity. There is now no legal requirement for social distancing.

Is there room for a legal challenge from the club for lost earnings if they drag their heels needlessly? 

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, 18nick74 said:

I agree with Jamie Borthwick's interpretation. The rule is to ensure that large events don't have complete license to do what they like.

We are still heading towards large and possibly even full capacity in the near future IMO although no-one can say for certain as the detail wasn't in the statement.

18 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Which is fine but it is Nicola who has put the 5000 limit on it. Why put any limit on capacity, why not just leave it to the council ? Once again it makes zero sense from her. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We will see what happens but it’s mind boggling if I can get a train up to Edinburgh jam packed head to pubs and go clubbing with no mask with hundreds in a sweat pit before returning home.

You still have to wear a mask in all these settings in Scotland. 

davemclaren
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

I agree with Jamie Borthwick's interpretation. The rule is to ensure that large events don't have complete license to do what they like.

We are still heading towards large and possibly even full capacity in the near future IMO although no-one can say for certain as the detail wasn't in the statement.

Night clubs will be the same. Enough sanitation stations etc…

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It does sound like a deflection tactic of sorts, in as much as people probably thought, rightly or wrongly, that the decision would be made at government level, and the local councils would have to follow identical rules, when dealing with clubs falling under each individual council area. However, I agree with your thoughts in as much as today the local governament have spoken, and it then falls down to the local councils to presumably be in contact with relevant clubs, get answers and based on those answers, decide what capacity levels will be set. That effectively becomes the new certificate and license to do busienss. However, If the local council determines a full capacity can return to grounds x,y and z based on details provided by the club who own said stadiums and something then goes wrong in one of those stadiums in terms of the virus spreading, blame will move from the government and/or local council to the individual club. It could maybe persuade clubs to ask for less fans initially than maybe we, the fans, expected, if the onus of failure falls on any of those individual clubs.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The only info i got from that is that we can open til 1am and put some more tables in. Nothing about table service, nothing about standing. Still have to wear masks

All will be revealed in the next few hours I would imagine, that’s how it usually works. 

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

What is it you’re expected these businesses to do ? Surely licensing and safety laws already in place pre covid are good enough now social distancing is no longer a thing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58075021?at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom4=187E5982-F460-11EB-9800-3E1316F31EAE&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom2=facebook_page&fbclid=IwAR2vVrfhSiGQ6Xpor-C6YrSpAYd2CCtRefYBCL2HLaSZ7rt7d3HP_wtVsyA

What do clubs have to do to get more fans?

Since 19 July, clubs have been applying to their local council to host more than the legal limit, which will be 5,000 from Monday.

They have to submit an operations and risk assessment to prove they are keeping spectators safe.

Clubs have to prove they have considered the potential impact on the local area in terms of a Covid-19 outbreak, as well as pressures on public transport and businesses, and whether lots of people are likely to be travelling from elsewhere in the country to the event.

Crucially, previous evidence of safely hosting an event counts in favour of applicants, and so clubs who have already had applications approved are likely to be in a strong position.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Which is fine but it is Nicola who has put the 5000 limit on it. Why put any limit on capacity, why not just leave it to the council ? Once again it makes zero sense from her. 

Rangers had 22k on Saturday 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈
Surely it’s the councils decision now she’s passed it on, its them that will be criticised if they put further limits on us. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

davemclaren
1 minute ago, RobboM said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58075021?at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom4=187E5982-F460-11EB-9800-3E1316F31EAE&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom2=facebook_page&fbclid=IwAR2vVrfhSiGQ6Xpor-C6YrSpAYd2CCtRefYBCL2HLaSZ7rt7d3HP_wtVsyA

What do clubs have to do to get more fans?

Since 19 July, clubs have been applying to their local council to host more than the legal limit, which will be 5,000 from Monday.

They have to submit an operations and risk assessment to prove they are keeping spectators safe.

Clubs have to prove they have considered the potential impact on the local area in terms of a Covid-19 outbreak, as well as pressures on public transport and businesses, and whether lots of people are likely to be travelling from elsewhere in the country to the event.

Crucially, previous evidence of safely hosting an event counts in favour of applicants, and so clubs who have already had applications approved are likely to be in a strong position.

No big travelling away crowds then. Shame. 

It's simply about control by central government...oh and no date given as to this limited period so really as long as she wishes or as long as we put up with it

And Ms Sturgeon said the application process for bigger events will remain.

The first minister said the move would give the Scottish Government reassurance that events are being carried out safely and the application process will only remain "for a limited period".

The Scottish government is also considering bringing in so-called vaccine passports for access to certain higher risks events.

However, the first minister added they do not underestimate the "ethical, equity, and human rights issues" associated with checks, and said their use would be limited.

16 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hopefully there will be a lot of detail announced over next day or so.

Edited by DETTY29

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It's more of a case that any event larger than 5k needs to ensure that appropriate measures are in place than that there is a capacity limit.

The benefit is that any event less than 5k doesn't need council approval so they aren't inundated.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

It's more of a case that any event larger than 5k needs to ensure that appropriate measures are in place than that there is a capacity limit.

The benefit is that any event less than 5k doesn't need council approval so they aren't inundated.

So the vast majority of clubs don’t need approval unless a big away crowd is expected. 

lost in space
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Hearts need now to apply for 10000+ for the Dons game. Hopefully agreed - home fans only.

We only had 5000 on Saturday.

DOD WE APPLY FOR MORE?

We're we being cautious or did we apply for more and were turned down?

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

I wasn’t! I chose the £25 option this time and right enough I couldn’t select it on the website (those who have paid full whack should absolutely be given priority with this stuff though).

I think it’s just ‘creative accounting’….10k ‘sold’ but he actual number who have paid full whack up front is a bit less. Ticket office told me that the £25 folk won’t be getting in until ALL fans are allowed back.

Thats good to hear. I'm glad what I heard was wrong and agree about the creative accounting.

Wonder if the club can actually now come clear with what capacity we require to accommodate all fullt paid up season ticket holders assuming we cant have a full house.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Aberdeen is 3 weeks away, I reckon every season ticket holder will get in and that’s it.

Oddly enough, probably not what the clubs want, but you probably are not far wrong. I still think Rangers will go ahead with 50k next week and we then move into the world of fair competition as a business

Saint Jambo
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Night clubs will be the same. Enough sanitation stations etc…

The difference with nightclubs is that they will be able to open following the guidance. It would then be for environmental health to visit and check compliance. Whereas football clubs (looking for more than 5,000 capacity) will be required to apply in advance. That might seem like semantics but is quite a big difference in practice as well.

Jambof3tornado
23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Theres never been common sense,for the cup games I had to sit 3 seats away from my son who lives in my house!!!and sat beside me in the 45 minute drive to the ground!

• davemclaren changed the title to Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )