Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

fabienleclerq

Assume those St holderswho missed out against celtic are guaranteed tickets for Aberdeen? 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's utter bollocks. 95% of people around me in the MAIN didn't have masks on. 

Anyway smartarse, explain to me how it's utter bollocks? You were nowhere near me. 

You're basically calling me a liar which I don't like. So think before posting next time.

I’d agree with your comment, certainly at the end of the game on Saturday I remarked that few masks were being used. Everyone was singing and wanted to be heard😂

Pasquale for King

Wasn’t many folk sitting either, hope these ******s at the council didn’t notice. 
Surely all season ticket holders will get in at the very least. 

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's utter bollocks. 95% of people around me in the MAIN didn't have masks on. 

Anyway smartarse, explain to me how it's utter bollocks? You were nowhere near me. 

You're basically calling me a liar which I don't like. So think before posting next time.

Easy tiger 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We should find out the plans tomorrow. 

Relax. When has wee Nicky ever let us down…….

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Yes, that's right and that's always been my plan.

But it's not about me.

If the virus spreads again because football opens up too early then those who suffer go well beyond people who've chosen to go to a game.

This is no ordinary argument. I fervently hope to be proved wrong.

When do you open up then? It’s the summer time and almost 90% of the adult population having received at least one dose of the vaccine and over 70% have received both doses. 

Back to 2005
3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

It's the trend that's important.

On 15 May, there were 2, and only 16 on I July. Last time it was over 60 was early March.

Yet on this thread some people think it's all over. It's not.

Don't go if you don't feel safe. We can't continue this indefinitely.

Back to 2005
41 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wasn't there unfortunately but it was clear from the TV coverage that there were very few wearing masks.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Assume those St holderswho missed out against celtic are guaranteed tickets for Aberdeen? 

They said it was weighted so would be very surprised if it wasnt that way.

If everyone is back in by Hibs, that feels like an achievable target - went for 2nd vaccination at the weekend and I'm still albeit tenuously in my early 30s so surely must be at herd immunity or close to it by now...

My last word on this.

It's not a straightforward thing.

Of course, I'll make up my own mind, which will probably be to delay (I've renewed btw) returning for a while yet.

This is mostly not about our individual risk assessments. That would be easy.

It's about how our choices affect others more vulnerable than ourselves.

For now, most of the figures are going in the right direction. But there will be bumps ahead, schools go back, people return to work, vaccination protection wears off and not enough get boosters, autumn and winter means we're more often indoors.

That's enough from me on this thread.

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

And the Terrace is for discussing matters related to HMFC and football in general.

The subject here is when it is safe for people to return to attending games at Tynecastle, which seems kind of related to both football and HMFC as far as I can see.

Much as I would like to be back in a big noisy crowd, I'm still feeling mighty cautious.

If your not feeling happy about attending then don’t go until you do. Hopefully we can have a choice very shortly 👍

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

10,000 signatures at the end of the application submitted to Edinburgh City Council? 

Fantastic, and I didn’t even need to second the application.   😎

Got to get it back to a full house now, this has went on too long. Covid is the biggest myth the world has ever seen, it's time to end the nonsense and get back to normality. If people are scared and don't want to attend the football then that's their choice but I think the majority have had enough now. 

upgotheheads

What's the mask and capacity rules for the Diggers?

I'm not coming if I can't get in.

Edited by upgotheheads

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Got to get it back to a full house now, this has went on too long. Covid is the biggest myth the world has ever seen, it's time to end the nonsense and get back to normality. If people are scared and don't want to attend the football then that's their choice but I think the majority have had enough now. 

I have a genuine difference of opinion from 4marsbars on this topic whilst respecting his view but it is just offensive to call Covid a myth.

Harry Potter
22 hours ago, mitch41 said:

With the Aberdeen game our next home game let’s back Hearts to  push for all Hearts Season Ticket Holders to be allowed to attend the game at the very minimum. More would be great and hopefully it won’t be long before there is no limits on going to games.

A deserved award to all who bought a season ticket.

I think we need to wait until later when the wonderful FM makes her latest announcement about kicking football fans in the you know where

My bet is another 2 weeks after the 9th August before things truly open up

Geddyalexneil
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Your post is totally discredited by calling Covid a myth. I'm sure those who have lost relatives and friends would disagree. 

My daughter is an Intensive Care nurse and to call it a myth is an insult to her and her colleagues. 

I will leave it at that so as not to hijack the thread.

Football wise let's hope the progress continues and we can all get back soon.

Can I just say having been in ICU in the RIE and visited by a couple of the team whilst in a ward at the Western (neither time Covid related) how much I appreciate what the staff do there. 

They really (in my experience) go beyond what is probably expected within their contracts. 

If you would be so kind to say thank you to your daughter for the work she does and ask her to pass my appreciation (even though she has no idea who I am) for how they have looked after me in the past.

Total respect for them (and to be honest all in the NHS)

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Your post is totally discredited by calling Covid a myth. I'm sure those who have lost relatives and friends would disagree. 

My daughter is an Intensive Care nurse and to call it a myth is an insult to her and her colleagues. 

I will leave it at that so as not to hijack the thread.

Football wise let's hope the progress continues and we can all get back soon.

Absolutely Jonno.

I know folk too, fortunately not on the dying side but on the NHS side and it's disingenuous at best to call it a myth.

What imo the SG should be looking at  in conjunction with councils for e.g football stadia is how to get double vaccinated people in and those not, an effective lateral flow testing process for entry.

If of course all restrictions aren't removed today.

Edited by DETTY29

Fxxx the SPFL

Full house for the Aberdeen match if what the first minister has just stated is my reading of it.

hmmmm possibly not still councils involved

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Geddyalexneil
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

👍

She is a small cog in a huge wheel and the only reason I even mentioned her was in response to a post that annoyed me. I probably should have just let it go as she would be annoyed with me if the truth be told.

Stay well mate.

Cheers. I am doing my best to stay alive!

Still much respect to your daughter and her colleagues!

I agreed 100% with your post!

Council will make the final decision on a game to game basis.

Doesn't look like non season ticket holders will get to see many games for a while anyway.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Capacity over 5,000 still to be subject to application to local council.

I think we should aim for season ticket holders only (all ST'S that is) at Aberdeen game and public sale for Hibs game, but Hearts fans database only.

Edited by DETTY29

AC Mallin_51

I hope hearts put the season tickets on general sale. I stay in Dumfries & Galloway so always just go on a game to game basis (especially with shift patterns for mid week etc) but if a season ticket is my only route back then you better believe I’ll be getting one 

Disappointing that councils will still get to make decisions on numbers. 
Be prepared for full houses at some grounds and 50% at others depending on the local authority.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I reckon it will be season ticket holders only that we will apply for. Say 10k approx.

May even boost sales.

Yeah I reckon they will go with that for Aberdeen in the hope of getting a full crowd for Hibs.

I don't think STs have been put on general sale - only offered as renewals to existing ST holders.

bigsuperslim1874

See the 10k ST figure…..do we really think that’s fully paid up STs or also includes the ‘£25 keep your seat’ numbers?

Almost everyone I speak to has taken the £25 option?!

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Council will make the final decision on a game to game basis.

Doesn't look like non season ticket holders will get to see many games for a while anyway.

I get the impression that that number allowed will be far greater than before. Possibly moving even towards full capacity.

She stated that the authorisation was to ensure appropriate measures are in place. I take this to mean it is not necessarily to limit the numbers like it was before.

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Be prepared for full houses at some grounds and 50% at others depending on the local authority.

Feels like a real fudge.

Also means that any indoor cinema or theatre with up to 2,000 capacity can be full while outdoor venues may still be limited. That seems crazy. Hopefully some MSPs will ask questions about events to push for more clarity.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Fuzzy and clouded approach from Nicola again. FFS.

It’s not fuzzy, she’s passing the buck to councils. 
When the inevitable happens, hugely different capacities in the next few weeks, she can wash her hands of it and point to the councils.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Feels like a real fudge.

Also means that any indoor cinema or theatre with up to 2,000 capacity can be full while outdoor venues may still be limited. That seems crazy. Hopefully some MSPs will ask questions about events to push for more clarity.

Questions now, waiting for someone to bring it up. Don’t think we’ll get the answer we want though. 

Just now, Boab said:

It’s not fuzzy, she’s passing the buck to councils. 
When the inevitable happens, hugely different capacities in the next few weeks, she can wash her hands of it and point to the councils.

Correct. 

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Delete.

Wrong quote.

Edited by DETTY29

Saint Jambo

The big question becomes 'what guidance are councils being asked to apply in considering limiting capacities?' If physical distancing isn't required then on what basis would they say that 100% capacity is not allowed. On what basis would they take a gradual approach. If the purpose is just to check events have appropriate measures in place then it shouldn't change whether we wait one week, two weeks or two months.

Jambof3tornado

Aye but it will be full houses according to a certain poster. 

I dont think we'll jump right up to all ST holders in for sheep game. We should but we won't. Remember we still couldn't allow kiosks open due to queuing issues!

Paninaro Hearts
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye but it will be full houses according to a certain poster. 

I dont think we'll jump right up to all ST holders in for sheep game. We should but we won't. Remember we still couldn't allow kiosks open due to queuing issues!

there is to be no social distancing so why would there not be a full capacity?

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Isn't that how events work on general?

In normal times, a safety certificate is required and all clubs must have one. This is a different situation. 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

The big question becomes 'what guidance are councils being asked to apply in considering limiting capacities?' If physical distancing isn't required then on what basis would they say that 100% capacity is not allowed. On what basis would they take a gradual approach. If the purpose is just to check events have appropriate measures in place then it shouldn't change whether we wait one week, two weeks or two months.

The clubs and council need to be very clear on what guidance they are choosing to use.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Paninaro Hearts said:

there is to be no social distancing so why would there not be a full capacity?

Why do councils need a say if no social distancing???

Where is the “full for Aberdeen game” guy? Presumably hiding after slating a number of posters for being cautious over the inevitable. 

Just now, 18nick74 said:

Where is the “full for Aberdeen game” guy? Presumably hiding after slating a number of posters for being cautious over the inevitable. 

He’s behind you !

😂

Expecting full houses for the ugly sisters then as Glasgow council will surely bow to that.

Expecting Edinburgh Council to delay and delay.

It should be a government decision full stop.  All it will do is create division and problems when we all need to be pulling in the same direction as a whole

• davemclaren changed the title to Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )