Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Just thinking out loud to be honest. There will still be plenty room for all who want a ticket, as there always is. 

Looks like it, with less ST holders, and  maybe some that don’t want to come back yet,those that have to move should be ok for a decent seat. 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Surely it would be possible to programme the ticketing system so that as soon as the s/t is checked through the turnstile it cancels the TV stream. 

If only we had an IT expert at the club or a sponsor that could help out 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?

14 hours ago, RobNox said:

I don't think the red zone should take up too many seats, so I'd expect anyone who hasn't got a ST and wants to attend will get a ticket.  To be fair, the statement could have been a bit clearer in relation to arrangements for general sales, so at least reassure non ST holders that tickets would still be available, even if they couldn't guarantee that everyone who wanted one would get one, subject to demand.

I'd expect the red zone will be lower Q and R so there is room for subs etc. Social distancing rules for the players are still in place. 

Suspect Device
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Surely it would be possible to programme the ticketing system so that as soon as the s/t is checked through the turnstile it cancels the TV stream. 

That sounds too complicated for us though.

But surely we could ask for anyone who has a ticket  but would prefer to watch on TV due to being elderly or having underlying conditions and still wary of going out to a large gathering to contact the ticket office.

then notify HMFC that their ticket should be 'deactivated' ...therefore not being able to be used.

but the tv could continue until such times as person wants to re activate ticket and return

Seems a relatively simple solution

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

With regard to the streaming of games, I think we should bear in mind that there will still be people, who have bought their season ticket to support the club, but have decided that they are still uncomfortable attending games right now.  There may be very few of these but I think the streaming for season ticket holders should still continue for the season.

I hope you are right, I don't feel ready to go back yet.   Apart from anything else, travel options are now much more complicated with fewer flights and those that are on are at odd times.

Looking at the comments about misuse of the ST card, it should surely be possible for the club to offer an "admittance or stream" option.  If someone opts for stream, their card could be deactivated temporarily to stop use at the turnstiles. 

Ha: I was typing as SD posted.  Think he went off prematurely...

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Suspect Device
1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I hope you are right, I don't feel ready to go back yet.   Apart from anything else, travel options are now much more complicated with fewer flights and those that are on are at odd times.

Looking at the comments about misuse of the ST card, it should surely be possible for the club to offer an "admittance or stream" option.  If someone opts for stream, their card could be deactivated temporarily to stop use at the turnstiles. 

Ha: I was typing as SD posted.  Think he went off prematurely...

😁👍

Fxxx the SPFL
28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No.

just received an email from Hearts and that's how i read it and where i sit in section Q lower i'm going to be punted elsewhere due to this Red Zone where the subs sit

Heart of Midlothian is delighted to confirm that we will be able to welcome back all of our season ticket holders for our upcoming cinch Premiership match against Aberdeen.

The club has been in positive discussions with the City of Edinburgh Council over the past few days and it has been unanimously agreed that Tynecastle Park can be, going forward, opened to its capacity

This is, clearly, a decision that we are extremely pleased with and we thank the City of Edinburgh Council for their cooperation.

Now every season ticket holder who wishes to attend the visit of Aberdeen on August 21st and watch the Jambos live and in person will be able to do so. 

Supporters who have purchased a Hearts Pass are encouraged to contact the Hearts Ticket Office from tomorrow (Tuesday) onwards in order to purchase their seat for the season.

As per the latest Joint Response Group update, a Red Zone is still required at the stadium in order to maintain a football bubble. This means that some areas of Tynecastle will remain sterile and not open to supporters, therefore in some instances season ticket holders will be moved to different areas of the stadium. The Hearts Ticket Office will be in touch with those affected.

Further details regarding tickets for the Aberdeen game and a general sale for Season Tickets will be made in due course.

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

just received an email from Hearts and that's how i read it and where i sit in section Q lower i'm going to be punted elsewhere due to this Red Zone where the subs sit

There certainly has to be a few things cleared up.

I hope if they move you it’s a decent seat.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There certainly has to be a few things cleared up.

I hope if they move you it’s a decent seat.

yep probably Row 37 oxygen mask territory oops better not mention masks that's for a certain thread in the SHED lol.

26 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Anybody itk about hospitality packages going on general sale? 

For the sheep game we’ll have to wait until they know their fate in Europe. Game will be on Sunday if they get through 

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep probably Row 37 oxygen mask territory oops better not mention masks that's for a certain thread in the SHED lol.

👍

Good news is the club has until Friday time to rearrange some season ticket holders to other points in the stadium...bad news is that it has to be done at all.

We will then know those seats that will be available for public sale which will not be until Friday at least when it will be known if the match is a Saturday or more likely a Sunday fixture (Sunday 22nd August)

Within that will be any away allocation and of course there may be slight differences in what we have known in previous seasons but I suspect Aberdeen will get 2 sections though whether they will be fully occupied will depend on the rules being applied

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

That sounds like good news, and not just for this season. I wonder how many people, and not just for age reasons, reluctantly give up attending matches. Given the increasing number of ways in which people can get round the TV companies monopoly of the game it might be in their interests too. A Hearts supporter living in Calais (and I'm sure there are  a few) could already buy a Hearts TV package while someone living 20 miles away in Dover couldn't.

I have usually avoided "illegal" streams and in the past when tried have always found them poor and unreliable. This season I have found good clear streams for nonST and away games and even sometimes Hearts TV commentary to go with them. There must me a big threat to the whole economic structure of football if the rights holders can't keep on top of this. 

It would not be a bad thing IMO if they failed to do so and revenue was again mote related to match attendances rather than "official" TV audiences.

Edited by Francis Albert

marshallschunkychicken

I’m about four seats away from the tunnel in lower D so looks like I might be heading to the Roseburn.

Edited by marshallschunkychicken

15 minutes ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

I’m about four seats away from the tunnel in lower D so looks like I might be heading to the Roseburn.

We had people there at the games so far. Its the Main Stand where the subs sit to be distanced. 

PhoenixHearts

I sit lower Q. Getting shafted into upper Roseburn. 

Surely there has to be enough empty seats in Upper Q where they could just move us up and brush off the higher tier price (about £50 between silver and gold) due to the inconvenience? 

The lower sections are tiny, there's hardly any folk in them. 

It seems they're strictly adhering to ST pricing tiers, as lower Main stand and upper Roseburn are both Silver.

This red zone stuff is a load of pish when the footballers exit their bubble into society after the match.

I thought it was just going to be a couple of rows by the dugout, but it's the entire lower sections. Are they going to move the media too?

2 minutes ago, kila said:

This red zone stuff is a load of pish when the footballers exit their bubble into society after the match.

I thought it was just going to be a couple of rows by the dugout, but it's the entire lower sections. Are they going to move the media too?

There is a further jrg meeting tomorrow so think clubs are going to ask why they have to have 2 metre social distancing when society doesn’t and the double vax doesn’t stop them from self isolating either for a contact who tests negative 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Good news is the club has until Friday time to rearrange some season ticket holders to other points in the stadium...bad news is that it has to be done at all.

We will then know those seats that will be available for public sale which will not be until Friday at least when it will be known if the match is a Saturday or more likely a Sunday fixture (Sunday 22nd August)

Within that will be any away allocation and of course there may be slight differences in what we have known in previous seasons but I suspect Aberdeen will get 2 sections though whether they will be fully occupied will depend on the rules being applied

Why aren’t they saying any of that in their, now, two statements ?

Information on public sales will be announced in due course.

Something along those lines.

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There is a further jrg meeting tomorrow so think clubs are going to ask why they have to have 2 metre social distancing when society doesn’t and the double vax doesn’t stop them from self isolating either for a contact who tests negative 

I'd imagine most players won't be double jagged.

14 minutes ago, kila said:

It really is, what happens when they take a throw in? And are right next to fans

I'm lower Q also. They can stuff their Roseburn shite. If I wanted to sit behind the goals I'd have bought a ticket for there.

Can we upgrade? Was thinking of moving when we got back proper anyhoo.

😁

First of all I'm delighted that we're getting back to Tynie. I really cannot imagine that the game will be the usual. The way everyone is sounding its business as normal. I think I'm missing something here. 

Pasquale for King

The statement says that hopefully those that are being moved to the top of the Roseburn won’t be there for long. 
So Aberdeen not getting the whole end, not sure if any. 
Also next home game is against Hibs, something has to give for that game. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The statement says that hopefully those that are being moved to the top of the Roseburn won’t be there for long. 

Aberdeen stopped getting the whole end the last season in Premiership.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unless we can get 14/15,000 Hearts fans in then Aberdeen or any other mob should be getting feck all.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen stopped getting the whole end the last season in Premiership.

Yeah I know I just threw it out there as a possibility if we didn’t sell all our tickets, extremely unlikely with all the restrictions at this time. I would prefer they weren’t allowed at all.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Unless we can get 14/15,000 Hearts fans in then Aberdeen or any other mob should be getting feck all.

That’s the plan hopefully. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

This.

Too much.

9 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Why is that even necessary though?

Hearts already have as much money as they would make from it - the season ticket is secured.

Someone handing their password over to a mate to stream it won't make a difference either. Big games aside, it was highly unlikely they would have bought a ticket.

In fact, letting streams go out in this way could even encourage passive supporters who might turn into paying fans.

Spitonastranger
5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Section Q getting moved to high up in the Roseburn, I'm no happy

upgotheheads
34 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Hearts already have as much money as they would make from it - the season ticket is secured.

Someone handing their password over to a mate to stream it won't make a difference either. Big games aside, it was highly unlikely they would have bought a ticket.

In fact, letting streams go out in this way could even encourage passive supporters who might turn into paying fans.

Hmm, I'm not sure of that as an economic model Spacer. I might try it the next time I'm in my local though, along the lines of  "you've just sold my pal a pint and he's already paid for the service, and as everybody knows that's what you paying for in the pub, the cost of the beer is relatively negligible, and I notice your driving a beamer, so you might as well just give me a pint, and hey! I might just buy one myself next time I'm in" .

Not sure that would work though.

Hungry hippo
35 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

I like the idea of allowing tv access this season for those that have health conditions that make them particularly vulnerable to covid.

I disagree however that allowing all season ticket holders to watch home games on their laptop wouldn't negatively impact attendances. Crowds are undoubtedly reduced when games are on tv and this would be the same.

I'm not too fussed about it but this is the reason any club would be very reluctant to just allow allow all season ticket holders to watch online. I think it's unlikely at Hearts despite Sky the rights away for this season

upgotheheads
13 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I like the idea of allowing tv access this season for those that have health conditions that make them particularly vulnerable to covid.

I disagree however that allowing all season ticket holders to watch home games on their laptop wouldn't negatively impact attendances. Crowds are undoubtedly reduced when games are on tv and this would be the same.

I'm not too fussed about it but this is the reason any club would be very reluctant to just allow allow all season ticket holders to watch online. I think it's unlikely at Hearts despite Sky the rights away for this season

I think we should remember that this pandemic is far from over. 

Nelly Terraces
16 hours ago, jamboozy said:

That’s me gubbed if that’s the Case, got a 50th birthday party on the 22nd.

Just another reason - not that it's required - to hope those pricks get a doing in Europe.

8 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Just another reason - not that it's required - to hope those pricks get a doing in Europe.

Never wish them well Nellie 👍

11 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Hmm, I'm not sure of that as an economic model Spacer. I might try it the next time I'm in my local though, along the lines of  "you've just sold my pal a pint and he's already paid for the service, and as everybody knows that's what you paying for in the pub, the cost of the beer is relatively negligible, and I notice your driving a beamer, so you might as well just give me a pint, and hey! I might just buy one myself next time I'm in" .

Not sure that would work though.

It's in no way the same as that example.

Hearts have sold the seat. They can't sell the seat twice.

To follow your example, Hearts would have to give a free seat at the ground to everyone who knew a season ticket holder.

If it were me, I'd leave the streams on and monitor it, rather than wasting thousands on implementing functionality that switched your stream access off as soon as you went through the turnstiles, without any evidence as to how much damage was being done, if any at all.

I'm pretty sure it would be negligible either way.

Edited by spacerjoe

I’m so excited and it’s way over a week away. Having that many jambos at a game. Should be a cracking game - maybe a twirly? 

13 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

No 2m distance at Ibrox, so there should be no need at Tynecastle surely. 

I don't recall seeing any camera angles of the main stand to see what the red zones were around the dugout areas and the number of empty seats that would normally be sold.

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I don't recall seeing any camera angles of the main stand to see what the red zones were around the dugout areas and the number of empty seats that would normally be sold.

There was a shot from behind the goal, showing the two nearest sections to the tunnel empty.

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It was rammed, there may have been a few seats/rows either side of the tunnel but my response was not re  ‘red zones’ but to a question about why a ‘social distancing’ rule might still be applied inside Tynecastle but not outside in the wider community. Clearly there was no social distancing at Ibrox last night. That is not a crtitcism just a fact and this should be applied (and might well be) to our game against Aberdeen.

Edited by bobskeldon