Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

crunchy frog
45 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I heard new cards are being sent out this week, don't shoot me if that doesn't happen though.

I got mine at the weekend, never even asked for it 👍

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

The Natural Order

I hope we limit the Aberdeen support (Zero if we can) to allow the maximum number of Hearts Fans in.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts posted this which contradicts that. 

Heart of Midlothian FC

@JamTarts

·

Aug 4

Hearts TV 21/22: Every league match live on Hearts TV International.

Audio commentary of every match for UK based subscribers, plus PPV for non-televised home games.

Home games streamed to ST holders until capacity restrictions are lifted.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts posted this which contradicts that. 

Heart of Midlothian FC

@JamTarts

·

Aug 4

Hearts TV 21/22: Every league match live on Hearts TV International.

Audio commentary of every match for UK based subscribers, plus PPV for non-televised home games.

Home games streamed to ST holders until capacity restrictions are lifted.

They are allowed to do so but maybe we didn’t want to do this at risk of other people using the login

Just now, Boab said:

I get that, mate, I’m maybe reading the official statement in another interpretation. No worries. As said, it will become clearer how many seats the Red Zones will take up and other general ST sales etc.

👍

I don't think the red zone should take up too many seats, so I'd expect anyone who hasn't got a ST and wants to attend will get a ticket.  To be fair, the statement could have been a bit clearer in relation to arrangements for general sales, so at least reassure non ST holders that tickets would still be available, even if they couldn't guarantee that everyone who wanted one would get one, subject to demand.

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I heard new cards are being sent out this week, don't shoot me if that doesn't happen though.

42 minutes ago, almair said:

Received new season card today, wasn't expecting one but it has over 65 on it.

16 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

I got mine at the weekend, never even asked for it 👍

I'm claiming ITK status. 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going to have to sort out season tickets this week, imagine a general sale may be start of next week but certainly will be one once they have worked out whose sitting where.  Red zone just complicated it 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I don't think the red zone should take up too many seats, so I'd expect anyone who hasn't got a ST and wants to attend will get a ticket.  To be fair, the statement could have been a bit clearer in relation to arrangements for general sales, so at least reassure non ST holders that tickets would still be available, even if they couldn't guarantee that everyone who wanted one would get one, subject to demand.

Hearts statements are seldom clear and definitive imo. 

1 hour ago, almair said:

Received new season card today, wasn't expecting one but it has over 65 on it.

I was asked if I still had my season tickets from last season and were they in good condition. I said yes, the girl said she would re activate the ones I have.

gashauskis9
41 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

I hope we limit the Aberdeen support (Zero if we can) to allow the maximum number of Hearts Fans in.

I think we should give them 1,000-1,500.  They’ve always brought good crowds to Tynecastle, and despite the fact I can’t stand the club I actually enjoy the banter with the supporters. 

4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'd bet we'd be looking at a capacity of 18,500-19,000 with the red zone stuff. No doubt a few hundred seats will be out of action but that's certainly decent news 😃

14k if we are lucky.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Fancy a job writing statements for the club, mate ?

A lot clearer than the official statement on the main page. 
😂

I don’t think they would hire me 😜, all assumptions obviously but should be the way things go I think. 

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to have to sort out season tickets this week, imagine a general sale may be start of next week but certainly will be one once they have worked out whose sitting where.  Red zone just complicated it 

I was on the Celtic site looking for info on tickets and their red zones are the two nearest sections each side next to the tunnel. I’d imagine ours would be the two nearest sections to the tunnel in the Main and Wheatfield. Quite a few bodies to move around.

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

no way. What makes u say that ?  Red zone maybe 500-1000 max

The red zone people will be elsewhere in the stadium so will be included.

I’d say 16K…as long as there are no other restrictions.

Nelly Terraces

Remember the game will almost certainly be on Sunday 22nd as the sheep will be playing in Europe on the Thursday.

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Our home games are all ticket. 
Sorry, your post doesn’t make sense. 
They can only sell tickets to the capacity of the stadium.

There is nothing in the statement about the capacity for the Aberdeen game.

Sorry, guys, I think you’re all being a bit generous here. The statement says the club will welcome back all season ticket holders…nothing else..just an ambiguous mention of “ going forward “ to capacity.

Am I the only sceptical one on this board ?

Our clubs comms are pretty useless. Fail to make things clear on a regular basis.

So does this mean my Hearts ST Heartspass - Hearts TV for watching home games will no longer work / be valid??

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

no way. What makes u say that ?  Red zone maybe 500-1000 max

Just my opinion just like you have yours.

What do you think the crowd will be?

Edited by wavydavy

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So does this mean my Hearts ST Heartspass - Hearts TV for watching home games will no longer work / be valid??

I think it should still work as not all ST holders will want to go back just now for whatever reasons, we signed up to Hearts tv for the season. 
All speculation obviously and I’m sure they will make it clear soon 

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Area around the tunnel and benches, first two rows then any segregation if Aberdeen get tickets. Take that away from the capacity then there you go. Probably still plenty to go around. 

Pasquale for King

I don’t think the crowds from last weekend had the front two rows empty (We didn’t v Celtic) , maybe a few seats around the dug outs but definitely only a few hundred that won’t make much of a difference all told. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think the crowds from last weekend had the front two rows empty (We didn’t v Celtic) , maybe a few seats around the dug outs but definitely only a few hundred that won’t make much of a difference all told. 

Just thinking out loud to be honest. There will still be plenty room for all who want a ticket, as there always is. 

10 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Most Important question 

Can you buy a pie now inside the stadium? 

Yes, and the foil doubles as a handy mask 😷👍

6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Remember the game will almost certainly be on Sunday 22nd as the sheep will be playing in Europe on the Thursday.

That’s me gubbed if that’s the Case, got a 50th birthday party on the 22nd.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, SuperAustin said:

Most Important question 

prefer a hamburger roll wi loads o onions, get ma seat in N

15 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

prefer a hamburger roll wi loads o onions, get ma seat in N

Keep the smell onions away from beside my seat in N 🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it should still work as not all ST holders will want to go back just now for whatever reasons, we signed up to Hearts tv for the season. 
All speculation obviously and I’m sure they will make it clear soon 

I’m not sure it will as hearts were clear as soon as all season ticket holders can get  in we will lose our access. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I reckon capacity will be somewhere around 17k, be well advised to restrict away fans, first few weeks I can see a bit of a clamour for tickets before normal service resumes once cravings have been satisfied. However if we keep on winning :lol:

portobellojambo1
33 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’m not sure it will as hearts were clear as soon as all season ticket holders can get  in we will lose our access. 

I think there will still be access to Hearts TV, but there will be something like three links, i.e. one for overseas fans who are paying for live matches as part of their subscription, and two for UK based fans, one for live commentary only and one which will effectively be a pay per view option, so UK based fans who choose not to go or can't attend on a specific matchday have the option of still watching the game at a cost.

8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry wasn’t having a go. Just genuinely wondered

3 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

Most Important question 

bravo 👏  question of the day.  👍👍

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Yes, and the foil doubles as a handy mask 😷👍

Are you sure? I heard you'll have to keep your mask on while you eat it.

upgotheheads
13 hours ago, Newton51 said:

That sounds like good news, and not just for this season. I wonder how many people, and not just for age reasons, reluctantly give up attending matches. Given the increasing number of ways in which people can get round the TV companies monopoly of the game it might be in their interests too. A Hearts supporter living in Calais (and I'm sure there are  a few) could already buy a Hearts TV package while someone living 20 miles away in Dover couldn't.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That sounds like good news, and not just for this season. I wonder how many people, and not just for age reasons, reluctantly give up attending matches. Given the increasing number of ways in which people can get round the TV companies monopoly of the game it might be in their interests too. A Hearts supporter living in Calais (and I'm sure there are  a few) could already buy a Hearts TV package while someone living 20 miles away in Dover couldn't.

Hearts have been saying ‘until crowd restrictions are lifted’ so it will be interesting to see what happens. Ultimately up to the owners of the UK tv rights. 

Heartsofgold

With regard to the streaming of games, I think we should bear in mind that there will still be people, who have bought their season ticket to support the club, but have decided that they are still uncomfortable attending games right now.  There may be very few of these but I think the streaming for season ticket holders should still continue for the season.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

With regard to the streaming of games, I think we should bear in mind that there will still be people, who have bought their season ticket to support the club, but have decided that they are still uncomfortable attending games right now.  There may be very few of these but I think the streaming for season ticket holders should still continue for the season.

I would imagine that this will be an option. Either attend or watch at home. Not both

upgotheheads
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts have been saying ‘until crowd restrictions are lifted’ so it will be interesting to see what happens. Ultimately up to the owners of the UK tv rights. 

Although we are at level zero right now the situation is still quite critical, and Covid is going to with us forever probably, although hopefully not at this level. The government will be on the look-out for variants that threaten the vaccine and if they spot one then a lockdown could happen overnight. Allowing away fans into grounds might also be a problem if we get local outbreaks, I can't think of a better way of spreading a virus than by allowing 3,000 odd Celtic or Rangers fans into Tynecastle, remember it's not just Covid they're carrying.

This thing ain't over.

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I would imagine that this will be an option. Either attend or watch at home. Not both

Surely it would be possible to programme the ticketing system so that as soon as the s/t is checked through the turnstile it cancels the TV stream. 

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Surely it would be possible to programme the ticketing system so that as soon as the s/t is checked through the turnstile it cancels the TV stream. 

I doubt our system would be so sophisticated to be honest.

39 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I doubt our system would be so sophisticated to be honest.

That is why I asked earlier .

Won't be in Edinburgh for game . Normally give ST to mate when I'm away .

Definitely a loophole 

54 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Not as easy as you make it sound. Two completely separate systems with no existing compatibility needing to be linked in a way that will cause no problems and can only be tested in a very limited way before over 10000 people use it on a match day.  

No chance of this happening. 

I think this will be the end of hearts TV match access for season ticket holders unless restrictions come back.

12 hours ago, suds66 said:

I was asked if I still had my season tickets from last season and were they in good condition. I said yes, the girl said she would re activate the ones I have.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I wasn't asked about my old card they just sent it out and like I said it reflects the fact that I'm an Auld duffer.