Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Maybe we should just state we are a Festival attraction............clearly no problem would result from transport pressures or local businesses given the Festival is still on with no restrictions

The stage that they have built onto the stand for the fringe show removes a fair few seats anyway 

Edited by ericb

Typical cop out from the Scottish government. Can't give a straight answer or lead from the front with a simple decision on events. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
48 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I look forward to ECC giving us an increase to 8000.

ECC will install cycle lanes and bollards with plant boxes and thousands of traffic cones so we can't get into Gorgie next 

If Scottish Government not willing to make a decision here then it is full capacity. Simple as that. They can’t abdicate responsibility and expect council’s to decide their own things. 

20 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Go for 12000 settle for 10000.

Why should we settle for anything less than a full house if other Scottish clubs get a full house.

8 hours ago, obua said:

Why should we settle for anything less than a full house if other Scottish clubs get a full house.

Bingo we could push for restriction of trade if other clubs are allowed full houses 

SG have made a complete james hunt of this. Heard Swinney on the radio this morning saying it's more about how people get there and how they get into the ground. Why does that matter when social distancing is scrapped? Absolute shambles and no reason why we shouldn't be getting full capacity now. 

41 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Should be looking for all season ticket holders minimum.

We should be looking at a full house. No reason now why we shouldn't. 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

SG have made a complete james hunt of this. Heard Swinney on the radio this morning saying it's more about how people get there and how they get into the ground. Why does that matter when social distancing is scrapped? Absolute shambles and no reason why we shouldn't be getting full capacity now. 

Exactly. You get to the by walking, by car, by bus or by train. Masks required in the latter two controlled by the operators, but not in the others. No need for social distancing. Unless I've missed something, the procedure for getting into the ground is the same everywhere and as it has been since crowds attended football; you queue to get in with no need for social distancing. Once again, a reasonable question has been asked and it has been responded to without any thought or knowledge of the subject, yet these people are telling us what we can and cannot do.

It is full capacity for me, and if some people are concerned about attending because of being in a large crowd and how they get there then I can fully understand it, but at least everyone should have the decision to make themselves. Every day we make decisions; every day is full of risks. We all decide if the risk is worth taking and we don't need somebody to else to consider on our behalf the risks involved in getting to Tynecastle and queuing to get in.  Just trust us for Pete's sake.     

We should kick up fuss if the Old Firm get full capacity and we don't.

It means we lose money too (no walk ups or away fans) while the Old Firm get to have their cake and eat it.

I'd even be in favour of refusing to play the game if we got something shite like 7000 instead of at least all season ticket holders.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Why are Glasgow City Council allowing full capacity for clubs but we're only allowed 5000 odd? 

nothing formal from either council as yet I’m aware of. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Keep your rotten fruit handy though, just in case. 😄

😆

I'm sure ECC will have to go with whatever GCC go with. 

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why are Glasgow City Council allowing full capacity for clubs but we're only allowed 5000 odd? 

We need to apply for over 5,000 to Edinburgh City Council. Rangers and Celtic need to apply for over 5,000 to Glasgow City Council. Nothing definite yet but can see the Edinburgh approach being more reserved …

Fort Vallance
59 minutes ago, kila said:

We should kick up fuss if the Old Firm get full capacity and we don't.

It means we lose money too (no walk ups or away fans) while the Old Firm get to have their cake and eat it.

I'd even be in favour of refusing to play the game if we got something shite like 7000 instead of at least all season ticket holders.

Re your first sentence. We should, but we wont. We'll just say thanks for the few hundred over the 5k they deign to allow us. 

10 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Re your first sentence. We should, but we wont. We'll just say thanks for the few hundred over the 5k they deign to allow us. 

That would be surprising IMO.

If Ann Budge is anything, she’s a business person concerned in creating as much income for the club as possible.

If there is great discrepancies in numbers, I would hope, or expect her to speak out. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

If Ann Budge is anything, she’s a business person concerned in creating as much income for the club as possible.

If there is great discrepancies in numbers, I would hope, or expect her to speak out. 

It isn't Ann Budge though, it's the new CEO...

Just now, kila said:

Sorry, someone at the club then.

Sevco have a game in six days. We’ll know pretty soon what’s what.

If it puts pressure on ECC then good !

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kila said:

I would imagine this would be a board level item, given its importance to the business. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anything legally they can do to stop you. I suppose anything over 5k is like a safety cert to proceed?

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Anything legally they can do to stop you. I suppose anything over 5k is like a safety cert to proceed?

There’s nothing illegal after the 9th.

Ford Prentice
12 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

ECC will install cycle lanes and bollards with plant boxes and thousands of traffic cones so we can't get into Gorgie next 

Looking forward to this - I'll cycle to the games more often.

Can't believe the number of people on here losing their sh*t before any decision has been made.

Maybe a nice cycle ride in the sunshine would calm everybody down.

Fort Vallance
34 minutes ago, Boab said:

I would like to think so too. But recent history suggests to me we just accept things too easily. 

While I posted this on Friday, the discussion was on Drivetime on Tuesday 27th July.

The 5k figure was the new information yesterday but deferring to EHOs not.

Be intriguing what Rangers get in against Malmo as someone posted a link on another thread that Glasgow City Council would be allowing capacity increases at 50%, 75% then 100%, so Ranger's game v. Malmo should be at 75%.

(Albeit conflicts with what DR say)

Edited by DETTY29

37 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are we getting half the Roseburn?  🤭

Irrelevant if you get half or even none of it, as ever you will completely fill it 🤪

upgotheheads

Slightly off topic but I was looking at the Hearts website to see if there was any info on the Ballot for Aberdeen match. Nothing yet but I noticed that I'll possibly be out of the country for the first derby at Tynecastle on 12th September.  Does our s/t tv package also allow us access from abroad?

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Slightly off topic but I was looking at the Hearts website to see if there was any info on the Ballot for Aberdeen match. Nothing yet but I noticed that I'll possibly be out of the country for the first derby at Tynecastle on 12th September.  Does our s/t tv package also allow us access from abroad?

Home games streamed until capacity restrictions are lifted - according to the club today. 

upgotheheads
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Home games streamed until capacity restrictions are lifted - according to the club today. 

"

Subscribers outside of the UK & Ireland will be able to tune in and follow the Jambos home and away thanks to the club’s partnership with broadcasters QTV and streaming partners Stream Digital. 

Subscribers inside the UK & Ireland will continue to receive live audio commentary of every game, with PPV available for non-televised home matches, and season ticket access to home matches while Covid-19 remain in place. "

Ta, as I read the notice, as the Hearts/Hibs game will be televised for sure then season ticket access will be allowed, but only if Covid restrictions are in place. If we're back to normal by then  s/t access will not be available. And if I'm outside the country, presumably I'll be able to log in to hearts TV on the back of my s/t?

Edited by upgotheheads

3fingersreid

Approximately 10,000 ST’s , attendance on Saturday just above half of that , I’m guessing all of us who missed out in the ballot are guaranteed access to the game ?

Surely even the incompetent CEC can’t refuse us permission to allow all ST holders access though 

Lets get a great crowd for this now

Apply for as many as possible (maximum would be great)

Lets give them a welcome back with a large crowd and full backing

Clerry Jambo
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Lets get a great crowd for this now

Apply for as many as possible (maximum would be great)

Lets give them a welcome back with a large crowd and full backing

Possible sell out if we are allowed a full house although match day ticket prices will be interesting 

My half sister
On 07/08/2021 at 18:43, CJGJ said:

Good chance it will be moved to Sunday 22nd August.................if Aberdeen get through this round to the play off stage

And if so the train strike may affect the attendance 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They won't get a full end. May not even get two sections.

This is Budge we are talking about, if they can sell them and we don’t they just might. 

Those pitch-invading, shellsuit-wearing, mutton-molesting chancers can **** right off. Get every ST holder a seat first before accommodating any of them.

On 07/08/2021 at 18:43, CJGJ said:

Good chance it will be moved to Sunday 22nd August.................if Aberdeen get through this round to the play off stage

Ah Ok.  I was about to ask that question but I think you have answered it.  Hate the Thursday games that cause so many Sunday fixtures.  

drumie jambo
13 hours ago, My half sister said:

And if so the train strike may affect the attendance 

Not for them. They are all West Lothian/Fife glory hunting ****s

Tokyo Drifter
On 02/08/2021 at 12:09, Back to 2005 said:

Are all restrictions not meant to be lifted on August 9th? 

They are, and clubs can have full grounds if the respective councils agree. Glasgow CC has OK'd full houses for the Ugly Sisters, remains to be seen what CoEC does regarding us and the Flumps.

• davemclaren changed the title to Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )