Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )

mitch41

With the Aberdeen game our next home game let’s back Hearts to  push for all Hearts Season Ticket Holders to be allowed to attend the game at the very minimum. More would be great and hopefully it won’t be long before there is no limits on going to games.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• DETTY29

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

With the Aberdeen game our next home game let’s back Hearts to  push for all Hearts Season Ticket Holders to be allowed to attend the game at the very minimum. More would be great and hopefully it won’t be long before there is no limits on going to games.

Are all restrictions not meant to be lifted on August 9th? 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Are all restrictions not meant to be lifted on August 9th? 

I think we find that out tomorrow from wee Nicholla.

Back to 2005
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I mean obviously the restrictions won't be removed but we live in hope! 

Shanks said no

The likes of Fringe by the sea are already putting out emails that more tickets may be available if she drops social distancing.

however it’s not being dropped in Scottish Government buildings

Selkirkhmfc1874

Restrictions supposed to be all gone from next monday ! Would still expect face masks to be a thing but that wouldn't be hassle if we can get ground full again for Aberdeen game

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Restrictions supposed to be all gone from next monday ! Would still expect face masks to be a thing but that wouldn't be hassle if we can get ground full again for Aberdeen game

Scottish Government offices guidelines tell me different, they are maintaining 1m social distancing after 9th August and looks like beyond 30th August as well. Don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade but until she makes an announcement I wouldn’t count my chickens. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns
Erred

If Aberdeen get past their Icelandic opponents in the next round of the UEFA Conference League qualifying then this will get shifted to the Sunday. 
Also, they would be away from home on the Thursday night before it either in Cyprus or Azerbaijan... hopefully the latter as that's a tough trip to deal with.  

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Scottish Government offices guidelines tell me different, they are maintaining 1m social distancing after 9th August and looks like beyond 30th August as well. Don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade but until she makes an announcement I would count my chickens. 

We should find out the plans tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There was barely a mask in sight on Saturday evening. 

We got asked to put on a mask when we left out seat.. Not a problem.

I’m sure anyone who watched the hibs game yesterday wouldn’t have thought there was any social distancing going on 

The Motherwell young team all crammed together in the corner plus the hibs fans all sitting together at the side of the goals. 

There wouldn’t have been anymore of a crowd at that game yesterday in normal times 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I thought you had to wear one all the time, unless medically exempt.

They don’t enforce that. 

40 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

10 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

We got asked to put on a mask when we left out seat.. Not a problem.

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Quite odd considering it's an outdoor event. Wearing a mask to go to the bog fair enough, other than that you shouldn't really be asked to wear one.

davemclaren
Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Quite odd considering it's an outdoor event. Wearing a mask to go to the bog fair enough, other than that you shouldn't really be asked to wear one.

I think it’s probably because of people potentially passing very close to get past you to and from your seat. However, there is no enforcement as far as I have seen. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Salmond would have let us all in....

:kirk:

:sweeet:

Fat 'Eck's Gorgie Jihad.

Looking at the Hibs end , the fact 2,000 of them were allowed to buy tickets, travel , sit on wach other etc it just shows it’s time to end this now. Get folk back. We should of had all ST holders in on Saturday. 
We need the SG to give us positive news, and get Edin Council sorted as well. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm sure I recall at the Cove match Scott Wilson mentioned the wearing of face coverings and that people must sit in their allocated seats.

Both definitely out of the window on Saturday.

I'm not complaining particularly. I just wondered what the rules are.

we never had ours on when sitting down but they were on as soon as we left our seats for toilets etc. 

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hardly anyone was wearing one during the game

coming into and leaving the stadium yes, but during the game , almost no one.

Another Robbo
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm sure I recall at the Cove match Scott Wilson mentioned the wearing of face coverings and that people must sit in their allocated seats.

Both definitely out of the window on Saturday.

I'm not complaining particularly. I just wondered what the rules are.

I think on Saturday they did announce that face coverings should be worn at all times. That said most people (myself included) just wore them when we left our seat.

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wore mine moving around and took it off when in my seat. Plenty of space around me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers have already said they will have 50k for Malmo next week, this thing is over next Monday

AC Mallin_51

Daily record reporting sturgeon is announcing tomorrow that social distancing being scrapped as of Monday. However I’ll take anything in that rag with a pinch of salt

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s probably because of people potentially passing very close to get past you to and from your seat. However, there is no enforcement as far as I have seen. 

Yeah that's a fair enough point.

Can’t wait to get back to Tynecastle, it’s like coming home after a long time away 🥲.

Dammit Nichola, we want back,  rip, shit or bust, SEE TO IT. 🤨

3 hours ago, 1953 said:

if she starts her pish she will again fail to get my vote....

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Rangers have already said they will have 50k for Malmo next week, this thing is over next Monday

Who's going to tell the virus?

27 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

if she starts her pish she will again fail to get my vote....

Doesn't sound as if she ever had it. 😏 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, 4marsbars said:

Who's going to tell the virus?

No one. We dont need to, immunisation is as good as complete, this is how it is

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No one. We dont need to, immunisation is as good as complete, this is how it is

Are you tracking numbers in ICU?

20 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

There is a big massive thread for this nonesense in the shed. 

30 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

60 today. That's about 1 in every 90,000 people. Not reason enough to warrant the continuation of the current restrictions imo.

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There is a big massive thread for this nonesense in the shed. 

And the Terrace is for discussing matters related to HMFC and football in general.

The subject here is when it is safe for people to return to attending games at Tynecastle, which seems kind of related to both football and HMFC as far as I can see.

Much as I would like to be back in a big noisy crowd, I'm still feeling mighty cautious.

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

60 today. That's about 1 in every 90,000 people. Not reason enough to warrant the continuation of the current restrictions imo.

It's the trend that's important.

On 15 May, there were 2, and only 16 on I July. Last time it was over 60 was early March.

Yet on this thread some people think it's all over. It's not.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Not my job. There will be a choice next week. Not really my fight mucker, just telling it like it is. 

Nucky Thompson

She'll not have much choice but to end restrictions. The UK government are turning the money tap off.

There will be a full house at the Aberdeen game

13 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

It's the trend that's important.

On 15 May, there were 2, and only 16 on I July. Last time it was over 60 was early March.

Yet on this thread some people think it's all over. It's not.

I agree it's not over but the ICU figure has been fairly stable for a few weeks and I don't think is high enough to warrant keeping people from outdoor football. If people would prefer not to attend because of their concerns then I respect that view but I'm ready to go back and take what I see as a minimal risk of getting seriously ill.

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not my job. There will be a choice next week. Not really my fight mucker, just telling it like it is. 

How can you tell it like it is if you don't know what it is like?🙂

10 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I agree it's not over but the ICU figure has been fairly stable for a few weeks and I don't think is high enough to warrant keeping people from outdoor football. If people would prefer not to attend because of their concerns then I respect that view but I'm ready to go back and take what I see as a minimal risk of getting seriously ill.

Exactly, everyone that wants vaccinated has been done.  Let us back to the football. 

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And the Terrace is for discussing matters related to HMFC and football in general.

The subject here is when it is safe for people to return to attending games at Tynecastle, which seems kind of related to both football and HMFC as far as I can see.

Much as I would like to be back in a big noisy crowd, I'm still feeling mighty cautious.

Then don't attend until you personally feel safe. You have the choice.

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

10,000 signatures at the end of the application submitted to Edinburgh City Council? 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Wish we'd all had masks when splashing our way to the old bogs behind the shed. 

Wish I'd had a full scuba rig as I fell through the roof whilst climbing over the school end. Pure ruined my high waisters

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

How can you tell it like it is if you don't know what it is like?🙂

Its called observation. Perhaps watch the news? 

Workplaces have also been informed, its not too difficult to find information that indicates that social distancing is reaching its end imminently. 

Maybe give the FM a bell though. Toodaloo  :wave1:

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Wish we'd all had masks when splashing our way to the old bogs behind the shed. 

🤣

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Then don't attend until you personally feel safe. You have the choice.

Yes, that's right and that's always been my plan.

But it's not about me.

If the virus spreads again because football opens up too early then those who suffer go well beyond people who've chosen to go to a game.

This is no ordinary argument. I fervently hope to be proved wrong.

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Thats utter bollocks , 90% of people around me In the Wheatfield and in the toilet at half time had masks on .

• davemclaren changed the title to Aberdeen Attendance - ‘full’ capacity confirmed ( updated )