• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Maybe he can play in the top league 

Jury's still out for me. Not seen enough from him yet. (Goal/game ratio wasn't too shabby in championship, but it was the championship!)

Would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

BackOfTheNet

Gnanduillet will be more than an asset this season. When he was on last night any set piece he caused havoc just by being a foot taller than anyone else. That alone isn’t enough, but if we get the right service to him he’ll score plenty.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

Went straight off at full time. Didn't celebrate with rest of team. Unhappy about something?

Strange. Call of nature perhaps?

Thankfully out of contract at end of season...not the standard required, may be useful'ish of the bench...he won't be here next season me thinks...

BackOfTheNet

Football is about opinions but any posts stating he’s not good enough for this level - especially any conclusive ones - defy observational logic and should therefore be ignored.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Football is about opinions but any posts stating he’s not good enough for this level - especially any conclusive ones - defy observational logic and should therefore be ignored.

Sadly, that is far too rational for this place.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Similar to the Uche thread. Been signed by two English Championship clubs but folk still like to throw out the ‘not good enough’ line …

Don’t think he is happy as being sub and didn’t really get involved at end as probably doesn’t know what it means to beat Celtic. I wouldn’t write him off yet 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When you see some of the forwards playing in the top flight here he is definitely up to the standard.

Just now, Newton51 said:

Don’t think he is happy as being sub and didn’t really get involved at end as probably doesn’t know what it means to beat Celtic. I wouldn’t write him off yet 

Face like a smacked arse in the celebration following Souttar's winner

Didn't even crack a smile 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Suspect this might be the case 👍

I’m keen to see what he can do given some more opportunity. Good to have a range of players with very different attributes. 

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Went straight off at full time. Didn't celebrate with rest of team. Unhappy about something?

Strict orders to be showered before everyone else to avoid them feeling inadequate in the trousers department.

Allegedly.

Still don't know what to make of the lad.

Some obvious qualities but a good few question marks.

For now happy with him as the second choice or as an alternative option to bring something a bit different to Boyce.

Must admit I wrote him off very early as he looked to lack a bit of fight but I think that was just a bad early impression in his first couple games.

Jury very much out though 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Thankfully out of contract at end of season...not the standard required, may be useful'ish of the bench...he won't be here next season me thinks...

Think you could be correct. 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

I agree.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong but i don't think he will cut it in this league.

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s a great asset. Wether he’s happy to play 2nd choice of course may be a problem. I rate him

Yeah, with you here… I hope he gets starts as I think him and Boyce could be a good partnership in this league. Actually, I really liked the team that finished the game last night… my only change (if it was to be a starting line up) would be Gino to RWB, Smith/Halkett/Souttar, Kingsley LWB. GMS behind Nando and Boyce. Beni & Haring. Job done. 

Samuel Camazzola
38 minutes ago, complete control said:

I don't get the wearing gloves on a glorious night weather wise 😎

I could a bit of footage from a different angle when Souttar scored. Their celebration was right next to the cameraman and I needed to watch the clip again when I saw a big gloved paw reach for Souttar's head. 

Crazy if it's through choice/superstition and not for a medical reason. 

BackOfTheNet

Some of the opinions on this thread are ridiculous to the point I can only assume some people haven’t actually seen him play

He’s clearly a good player. He won’t get you 10-15 goals a season but he will contribute in other ways. I think we could do with another Centre Forward as an injury to him or Boyce leaves us a bit short.

I like him he can affect games, he may struggle for game time though, as a bit of a loose canon and coaches do not like that. Maybe their could be occasions to play 3-5-2 with him and Boyce up front with width coming from wing backs/wingers in the five, we have options. If you have quality any formation can be effective. I do not think he will hang around to be a bit part player.

Really felt at the time we needed him on the park and happy with his contribution, could see the Smellies restless when he came on.  He will be a very useful player for us this season in my opinion and gen don't get the criticism. All about opinions tho...

• davemclaren changed the title to Gnanduillet
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Gnanduillet will be more than an asset this season. When he was on last night any set piece he caused havoc just by being a foot taller than anyone else. That alone isn’t enough, but if we get the right service to him he’ll score plenty.

Therein lies the problem

If he has more to offer it’s probably time we saw it tbh.

We are actively looking for another CF and I can understand why…..he has 10 months left on his deal…..I think it’s pretty obvious he was a stop gap.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, gedster said:

Face like a smacked arse in the celebration following Souttar's winner

Didn't even crack a smile 

He's still pissed off about being roped in to doing the away strip photo shoot. 

Ainsley Harriott

Hes good in the air and different to Boyce. You need to be able to mix it up at times he will be useful over the season.

When he’s walking off to be fair camera is behind him so hard to see but I thought he was giving it a fist pump celebration 

think he will be handy for us and he will get a chance but it’s up to him to take it.

think he’ll be better in a 3-5-2 wae Boyce 

I felt he unsettled the Celtic defence without even doing anything which is probably how Souttar found so much space.

He’s nailed on to be mocked by the wee team only to score the winner . 

BackOfTheNet

Folk not only refusing to see the qualities he has, but claiming he never has shown any quality in his time at the club. All the while a call for a player who scored for Motherwell yesterday who has scored most of his goals in England’s League Two with Stockport and Northampton.

This place, honestly. It’s no wonder people conclude there’s other agendas afoot with such ridiculous takes.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Big Gnando will score goals, he'd win most aerial duals in the box and he's quite accurate when he has the chance to shoot, usually hitting the target but..... I've yet to see either of our Wing Backs stick in a half decent cross. The big man needs better service. 

Edited by Cruyff

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

I felt he unsettled the Celtic defence without even doing anything which is probably how Souttar found so much space.

He’s nailed on to be mocked by the wee team only to score the winner . 

I noticed he was right at the back post and expected the ball to go to him to header the ball back across goal. I suspect Celtic did the same and that was why there was so much room In the middle.

I suspect he will play apart this season without necessarily being first choice.

I don't really care if he is good enough or not - strikers are measured on goals. Very few Stephen Elliott's around who can be rated highly without scoring many