Esther

Morgan

@Sharpie

One year ago come tomorrow, our JKB friend, Bob Sharp, lost his dear wife.

The love of his life, his partner, his ‘wee girl’.

I’m sure that I'm not alone in hoping that Bob is doing as well as can be expected?  

It’s great that you continue to post on here, Bob.  It’s great that your tales still carry the same humour and interesting memories as they always did.

Tomorrow will be a tough one for you, sir.

Please remember that you have many, many friends on here.  

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

I’m sure that I'm not alone in hoping that Bob is doing as well as can be expected?  

It’s great that you continue to post on here, Bob.  It’s great that your tales still carry the same humour and interesting memories as they always did.

Well said Morgan. 

Sharpie as one ex serviceman to another.

I'm here if required.

Edited by John Findlay

Carl Fredrickson
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

Very touching words Morgan and I second your sentiments. Bob is a valued member of the JKB family and his posts are always worth reading. 

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

:greatpost:

24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

Great post indeed.

Well said sir.

SectionDJambo
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

Great words.

Bob's stories of his past and his outlook on life make him invaluable to this place. 

All the best to him. 

Thanks so very much Morgan, but for me it was the Sunday morning as is today that I got the call at about 7.50am that Esther had passed at 7'40am. I went to the hospital saw her for the last time, and gave her a wee kiss goodbye, it was the end of an epic sixty two and a half years of my life. I grieved a bit today as I made the bed, and went out and done some grocery shopping, came home made my porridge and bacon and eggs. I will now do what Esther would expect maintain a sense of loss, but drop grief from the lexicon. I honestly do not know what really happens in death, but will maintain my conversations with her, and always refer to my many memories of shared pleasures adventures, and some grief. I have to thank the members at JKB they have been more supportive than any people I know, and I really appreciate. I'm here and bad news for some I am sure but I am here to stay, I have never been known to give up a good thing, so from Esther and I again I say thanks.

I P Knightley

That's so thoughtful of you, @Morgan, and the sentiment is echoed from this end of JKB.

Best wishes to you, Bob. You're a shining example to us all.

Great post @Morgan, and @Sharpie thoughts are with you at what must be a very tough time but on a positive note I'm also very glad to read your post that you're getting through the day as best as can be and that you'll not be going anywhere. I've absolutely loved reading your posts on here over the years, regardless of whether we're on the same page, they're always heartfelt, genuine and I find it fascinating and inspiring to read the perspective of someone who to me sounds as though they've live a wonderous life filled with adventure and joy. Cherish the good times you've had and although they'll be different, I'm sure you'll have many more yet to come...just make sure and share them with us on here 👍

Edited by Taffin

@Morgangood thread, to mark a sad day of remembrance for one of JKB's finest.

@Sharpieyou have the respect and friendship of many, many people on JKB.  The very best wishes to you today and in the times ahead.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Thanks so very much Morgan, but for me it was the Sunday morning as is today that I got the call at about 7.50am that Esther had passed at 7'40am. I went to the hospital saw her for the last time, and gave her a wee kiss goodbye, it was the end of an epic sixty two and a half years of my life. I grieved a bit today as I made the bed, and went out and done some grocery shopping, came home made my porridge and bacon and eggs. I will now do what Esther would expect maintain a sense of loss, but drop grief from the lexicon. I honestly do not know what really happens in death, but will maintain my conversations with her, and always refer to my many memories of shared pleasures adventures, and some grief. I have to thank the members at JKB they have been more supportive than any people I know, and I really appreciate. I'm here and bad news for some I am sure but I am here to stay, I have never been known to give up a good thing, so from Esther and I again I say thanks.

Everything that is good about JKB summed up in two posts. Much respect fellas

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Greatest Respect to Morgan for those heartfelt words and very best wishes to Bob in this sad part of his life.Hes a trooper though and hopefully he will find some enjoyable days in future.We should all chip in and get him a plane ticket back to see Hearts and make sure its a time with a few matches close together.

SwindonJambo

@Sharpie , all strength to you on this toughest of days. I love reading all your experiences, observations and pearls of wisdom from your long, full and continuing life. Keep ‘em coming. You are without doubt an asset to this board and have a huge fan club on here, of which I am just 1 humble member. As the governor has already said, lang may yer lum reek sir.

Edited by SwindonJambo

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

@Sharpie

Nice one.  Well said.  :thumb:

Don't post anymore but occasionally read and this thread caught the eye.

Great stuff Morgs  👍

Bob, strength and courage to you !

3 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Oh my goodness, Bob.

A tear has appeared in my glass eye.  Maybe it’s a fleck of dust?  Aye, must be that.

Seriously now, take care Mr Sharp.

Morgan

Echo above. Lovely sentiments Morgan and Sharpie I hope, in the smallest of ways it helps to know that you have friends on here.

I know loss is very hard to deal with but I also know how crucial support and friendship is in the darkness.

All love dude

All Things Must Pass

Edited by Jamhammer

J.T.F.Robertson

I didn't realise it was already a year, Bob.

Some anniversaries you can well do without, but for what it's worth I echo all that's been said.

luckyBatistuta

A beautiful and thoughtful thread from @Morgan

It can’t be an easy time for you right now Bob, I hope you can remember all the happy times that you shared together. Take  care of yourself Bob, send my thoughts and love to you pal. 
❤️❤️❤️

jack D and coke

I enjoy your views on things Bob, reading your posts and to all your experience of the world. 
I hope you’re doing ok big man👍🏼🇱🇻

I echo all of the above. I am pleased and proud to say that I share a message board with the likes of Bob and Morgan.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Coming out of JKB posting retirement to pass on my best wishes to our very own @Sharpie and to say to @Morgan well done for posting. JKB at its finest

Thanks, Lincs.

How're you doing?

G

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Thanks, Lincs.

How're you doing?

G

All’s good buddy. Won at golf today and my daughter got excellent grades in her A levels yesterday so could be worse? How’s life in France?

1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

All’s good buddy. Won at golf today and my daughter got excellent grades in her A levels yesterday so could be worse? How’s life in France?

Far too hot, Lincs.

It hit 47 degrees at lunchtime today.  

Great news about your daughters grades, good for her.  👍

N Lincs Jambo
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Far too hot, Lincs.

It hit 47 degrees at lunchtime today.  

Great news about your daughters grades, good for her.  👍

Cheers G! 47 is feckin hot. Experienced 48c in southern Iran 30 years ago and I know I don’t want to have that again.  Hope you have good aircon??