Ange

neilnunb

Hectormasson
22 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

This. Seems like a decent guy and he definitely needs time to rebuild, but a defeat to Ross County here or a 4-0 pumping from Rangers there and the pressure will be unbearable.

Or if hearts do them in league cup??

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sertse

• sadj

• tartofmidlothian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have met him a few times professionally as well as socially and he is a good bloke and an intelligent man.  He's an abrasive personality though, he doesn't suffer fools gladly and he is driven to succeed.  

I remember chatting to him about Gowser back when he hadn't yet made his debut for the Aussie full team, and Ange knew him well from youth teams and knew he was at Hearts.  

He knows his football.

I was gutted (but at the same time happy) that he got the Celtic job.

I want him to succeed and fail at the same time.

On 31/07/2021 at 22:53, Jeff said:

Hate Celtic but genuinely feel bad for the guy. Total scapegoat.

Hope he walks tbh

Agreed. Don't know how or why, but they've set him up to fail.

Serious problems at that club, he'd probably be doing his career a favour if he walked before he gets tarnished by them. 

Shooter McGavin

Celtic aren’t worth the hassle for a guy like Ange.

That being said, hope he has a torrid time of it and the Celtic meltdown continues. 

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

He has signed 5 players.

3 of them have cost several million pounds a piece.

And he'll probably bring in a couple more before the window slams shut. After having cost them champions league money and losing to a championship side in his first 3 games

Not sure he's got too much to moan about.

Think 3 of them cost over £4m each

jamboinglasgow
On 31/07/2021 at 22:55, Sertse said:

The septic board control all signings apparently, it's the reason their number one target for manager turned them down. They were signing players with nobody in charge. Unsure if he can make recommendations or whatever but he's not in control.

I am convinced there is someone on the Celtic board who loves playing the transfer market, as there is no other reason the board should be making signings. The signings they make seem to be either big name or potential sell on despite if they fit the style the team plays. Was saying at the game that Celtic just need a competent goalkeeper (which anyone can point out) but they the players they are linked with are players like Hart and Forster. Players who are big names but are unlikely to move to them, so they waste more time in the window.

Their recruitment has been a mess, the are keeping players too long (Ntcham who was subject to a £10m bid a couple of seasons back has just left for free) and their squad is a mess. Long may it continue.

As for Ange, I suspect he started having second thoughts for the job when they had the fan media press conference and the first question for the fan media was not even a question but a rambling tirade about how the officials are biased against Celtic and are Rangers fans, and that Tony Mowbray failed because he didn't challenge the "bias."

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I am convinced there is someone on the Celtic board who loves playing the transfer market, as there is no other reason the board should be making signings. The signings they make seem to be either big name or potential sell on despite if they fit the style the team plays. Was saying at the game that Celtic just need a competent goalkeeper (which anyone can point out) but they the players they are linked with are players like Hart and Forster. Players who are big names but are unlikely to move to them, so they waste more time in the window.

Their recruitment has been a mess, the are keeping players too long (Ntcham who was subject to a £10m bid a couple of seasons back has just left for free) and their squad is a mess. Long may it continue.

As for Ange, I suspect he started having second thoughts for the job when they had the fan media press conference and the first question for the fan media was not even a question but a rambling tirade about how the officials are biased against Celtic and are Rangers fans, and that Tony Mowbray failed because he didn't challenge the "bias."

That first interview was hilarious honestly, the utter delusion they have. I think he'll leave. Poisoned chalice of a job. Board don't let you make any decisions, fans are absolute mutants, media take the piss because he's foreign. I think he's slowly coming to terms with it. Couple more defeats and that'll probably be him. 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

That first interview was hilarious honestly, the utter delusion they have. I think he'll leave. Poisoned chalice of a job. Board don't let you make any decisions, fans are absolute mutants, media take the piss because he's foreign. I think he's slowly coming to terms with it. Couple more defeats and that'll probably be him. 

The fact that Celtic fans are claiming that we only won because if the ref shows they are clutching at straws as there was little controversy in the game but will delude them into ignoring the real problems.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The fact that Celtic fans are claiming that we only won because if the ref shows they are clutching at straws as there was little controversy in the game but will delude them into ignoring the real problems.

First game since 2009 against that lot we've not had a yellow card. And they complain about referees 😂

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Apart from their goal which tbf we should have defended better and their two decent chances at the end which Gordon saved brilliantly, I can't remember then threatening our goal much else during the match? Btw they looked seriously shite at the back, I wouldn't swap a single defender that we have for one of theirs (even halkett is better than what they've got) their attack is similar to ours in that it fails to break teams down effectively imo.

Could be a long season for the jungle jims ahead 😄 would absolutely love it if we finished above them lol

john thomas
2 hours ago, Sydney said:

I have met him a few times professionally as well as socially and he is a good bloke and an intelligent man.  He's an abrasive personality though, he doesn't suffer fools gladly and he is driven to succeed.  

I remember chatting to him about Gowser back when he hadn't yet made his debut for the Aussie full team, and Ange knew him well from youth teams and knew he was at Hearts.  

He knows his football.

I was gutted (but at the same time happy) that he got the Celtic job.

I want him to succeed and fail at the same time.

Yes ignoring the Celtic thing pretty sure he'll be good value for the rest of us 

Uses the word mate wonderfully . Very similar to how neebor is used in deepest , darkest Fife 

Good guy shame about his employers

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Yes ignoring the Celtic thing pretty sure he'll be good value for the rest of us 

Uses the word mate wonderfully . Very similar to how neebor is used in deepest , darkest Fife 

Good guy shame about his employers

The mate schtick is going to wear thin, the amount Celtic managers get interviewed. He uses it almost every sentence! I do love how "mate" seems to mean "very much not your mate, you compete dickhead" most of the time. Australians sometimes come across as the most passive aggressive people alive.

john thomas
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The mate schtick is going to wear thin, the amount Celtic managers get interviewed. He uses it almost every sentence! I do love how "mate" seems to mean "very much not your mate, you compete dickhead" most of the time. Australians sometimes come across as the most passive aggressive people alive.

South Africans ?

He'll be there till Clarke and Scotland drop out of World Cup qualification, this will be before the end of 2021.

I believe Clarke will be Celtic's next  manager . 

You can be experienced and think you've dealt with tough situations which he has.

But the pressure at likes of Old Firm where 2 defeats is potential sacking at least according to the fans is very different pressure. 

I would add from Saturday you need to get used to a different type of football. 

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ref missed two things that might have changed the game. 1. Blatant elbow in the face on Ginelly which was a red card and 2 poor tackle by Halliday which was at least a yellow and possibly a red.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Ref missed two things that might have changed the game. 1. Blatant elbow in the face on Ginelly which was a red card and 2 poor tackle by Halliday which was at least a yellow and possibly a red.

Yeah

The Celtic player was offside. 

Gordon Ramsay

I don't mind his attitude to be fair. He will need to learn to deal with intense scrutiny though cause if he doesn't he will become a joke like figure (look what happened to poor wee Neil and his New Balance hat). 

46 minutes ago, Largo said:

He'll be there till Clarke and Scotland drop out of World Cup qualification, this will be before the end of 2021.

I believe Clarke will be Celtic's next  manager . 

Clarke's pish. Welcome to back to the early 90's Celtic. 

On 01/08/2021 at 00:42, Jonkel Hoon said:

Has that smarmy prick Spiers commented on his appearance  yet? 

He has. He called him chaotic I believe. Which went down as well with them lot as his “unkempt” jibe did with us. 

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

The Celtic player was offside. 

I was level with the offside incident that stopped the game before they "scored" their second goal. By the same standard that the linesman gave Hearts players offside in the first half, the Celtic man was offside. 

Besides which, the Hearts players stopped on hearing Madden whistle.

I'm of an age to have a real chuckle when Celtic fans complain about referees being biased against them. I've seen plenty over the last 55 years to think we are still well in credit on meaningful decisions going their way against us.

Skivingatwork

Many managers have been short with the press over the years and the fans lap it up. However, it almost always signifies that the manager is under pressure and uses it as a smokescreen to deflect from the real issues.

celtic need a complete rebuild but I don’t think that Ange has the talent, the board will give him the funds or the fans will have enough patience.

popcorn time for the rest of us as the meltdown continues…

tartofmidlothian
13 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Ronnie Delia MK II

More like John Barnes Mk II, I hope.

13 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Or if hearts do them in league cup??

🤞

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Seems an alright guy but is with them now so **** him. 

Just can’t help but like him. Shoots from the hip and knows now what a shambles he has walked into. He’ll be gone soon. Hopefully with a record of played Hearts twice, lost twice. The poor guy is just a patsy

Edited by JimmyCant