Peter Haring

Chaps

if it was not souttar getting the winner i would have loved big pete getting it because of the injury troubles he has had.

hopefully he can keep this up if so him and beni in the middle will be :sweeet:

Overall I prefer Haring, but Halliday had a job (in your face and high intensity) tonight that only Halliday could do. He was running out of steam and the game needed changing, so Haring came on and did just that. Delighted for Haring (one of my favourite players) but there is a time and a place for Halliday and he did his job, too.

Yeah. Got to admit he made us more solid but also helped in attack. Fair play. 

yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I didn't notice his contribution.

I will blame that on the Jaipur though. 

Hope he is back to his best.

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Haring and Beni in the middle. 

Take no shite from no-one. 

and have the ability to play

Guest ToqueJambo

Loved how he immediately started cajoling the players when he came on. He seems to be one of the unofficial captains along with Souttar and Smith.

2 minutes ago, One five said:

Changed the game tonight, well done Peter 👍

I do like Haring... he's an enigma mind you... some games he starts and fails to influence.. then games like the cup final and this one he comes on and makes such a difference.. 

loveofthegame

Changed the game but only due in part to the change in tactics. At his best he’s an absolute class act though, hope he gets a clean run at it this season.

kingantti1874

Peter Haring is a top footballer, he was the one responsible for our fantastic form when he joined.  A 90% for Haring plays for us every day

1 minute ago, Guffers said:

I do like Haring... he's an enigma mind you... some games he starts and fails to influence.. then games like the cup final and this one he comes on and makes such a difference.. 

Agree he seems to like the big games very good player to have in the squad.

The Old Tolbooth
50 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Absolute class. 

Changed the game for us and should be starting ahead of Halliday every week.

100%, the game passed Halliday by and he was a total passenger tonight, Haring made a huge difference 

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

The jaipur? What is that?

My favourite IPA. 5.9% from Thornbridge Brewery. 

Thought it a wee bit odd he came on for GMS, though GMS was fading a bit second half. But big Pete was immense, he pushed us forward, really rallied the troops. Gnando worked his erse off too.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

100%, the game passed Halliday by and he was a total passenger tonight, Haring made a huge difference 

Definitely. Haring, Beni and Pollock (and Walker although is he on his way-out?) should be our go to central attacking and defensive mids. Halliday can cover LB and LWB.

lost in space
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Stemmed the tide. Criticised the sub at the time but fair play. It worked.

Yes, I thought a more attacking mid would have been better but it worked. Haring has looked slow so far in games but the timing was right tonight.

26 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

The jaipur? What is that?

Just makes me think of the Pussycat Dolls which if ya know my history is not a bad thing 🤣

best in the land

Would love him to get back to the form of his first season. 

Been inconsistent since injury but great player when on form and chipped in with goals early on. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Changed the game but only due in part to the change in tactics. At his best he’s an absolute class act though, hope he gets a clean run at it this season.

This. Halliday was excellent tonight and Haring I think still slows things down too much. The extra midfielder wrestled control away from celtic. I do think I'd have done it 20 minutes earlier but hard to argue with 3 points although I really wanted us to have more of a go at a terrible celtic defence.

Thought Halliday was decent and did a good job in the 3-4-3.

Then Pete comes in, formation changed to 5-3-2.

Both midfielders done a cracking job and RN was spot on with his tactics if not a little late in implementing the personnel/formation change.

Well done all involved. Onto the next one 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Sounds better than the 7.4% peanut butter chocolate stout i was drinking last night anyway

Sounds like a hearty liquid meal. 

Hungover this morning. Need to get to footy for 2. Questionable if I’m going to make it, only a friendly though.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Thought Halliday was decent and did a good job in the 3-4-3.

Then Pete comes in, formation changed to 5-3-2.

Both midfielders done a cracking job and RN was spot on with his tactics if not a little late in implementing the personnel/formation change.

Well done all involved. Onto the next one 👍🏻

We certainly needed to change it though it’s a common thing that supporters generally want the change before the manager acts. Even JJ used to get flak for that.

There were quite a few moans around me when it was seen that Haring was coming on and It did seem a weird change. Ultimately the correct one based on outcome though. 

Captain Lithuania

As much as I like Haring, having Beni here, who I feel is a similar type of player, will only bring out the best in him. Haring and Beni sitting in front of the defence should let us get forward more and commit players forward. 

BackOfTheNet

I’m not going to criticise Halliday, as he was fine, but what Haring brings you in midfield is composure, an immediate look to attack once with the ball from deep and importantly for me a physical presence. No midfielder in the league is going to look to bully him off the ball and may very well hesitate if he runs towards them.

If we’re going to continue with GMS/Boyce/Ginnelly then we need players that sit deep in the centre to break up play and link to attack. For me that’s Baningime and Haring. If we’re expecting large spells with the ball, Baningime and McEneff. Again, don’t want to criticise Halliday as this season so far he’s not given me any reason to, but with the tactics we deploy and the personnel we have, the optimum first XI does not feature him.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

augusthearts
11 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

I didn't notice his contribution.

I will blame that on the Jaipur though. 

Hope he is back to his best.

An excellent choice of beer. Thornbridge are a superb brewery. An even better result mind.

6 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

An excellent choice of beer. Thornbridge are a superb brewery. An even better result mind.

Had quite a few. Then drinking all Celtic’s tears as a chaser…

:glorious:

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely. Haring, Beni and Pollock (and Walker although is he on his way-out?) should be our go to central attacking and defensive mids. Halliday can cover LB and LWB.

Unless JW is a swap deal for a striker, he should stay. Yoh need a deep squad and cover. He still can produce moments

21 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Some folk really can’t see beyond Halliday’s Rangers link when rating his performance. 🙄

Didn't look well from the start. No issues with the link. 

27 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Some folk really can’t see beyond Halliday’s Rangers link when rating his performance. 🙄

I have no issue at all with his link. To me last night he was anonymous most of the game, missed a tackle on Ralston that led to the goal, was lucky to escape with a pretty bad tackle. I see him as left back/wing back cover, central mid definitely not, we have far better for there now.

13 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Should have been on earlier GMS and Gino could have stayed indoors at ht for me, a wins a win but.

Have to agree far too lightweight the pair of them. They need to man up a bit and stop trying to win free kicks that are not free kicks.

They obviously both have talent but it is often overshadowed with their falling over antics. Refs don't like that and often when they do get fouled they don't give them.

augusthearts
3 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Had quite a few. Then drinking all Celtic’s tears as a chaser…

:glorious:

Good chaser tbf.

Rick Sanchez

I'll go against the grain and say I'd prefer Halliday. Haring had a great cameo but he's still got a lot to prove. He was shite against Sunderland and had Smith shoving him against Stirling for being just as bad.

Different games for different players. Home games against a lesser team you could experiment with Haring and Beni. Wouldn't risk it away at say Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs.

Halliday does need to be a bit more disciplined though. Cochrane was getting exposed down the left too much for my liking. Credit to the young man for stepping up.

Red Card Ref
2 hours ago, Badonde said:

Just me that thought Haring looked very slow?  I know he’s not blessed with pace but he looked very slow

Aye I thought the same last season too. I don't think he had that much to lose anyway so hopefully it won't effect his game. 

Don't know how he does it, but when he comes on as a sub it always seems to benefit the team. He just seems to glide into the match and find himself in the right place at the right time and he does the right things.

Can you have a Super Sub that doesn't have blistering pace or outrageous dribbling skills? Well.... Aye. Peter Haring.