Craig Gordon PHM

tartofmidlothian

12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Can't believe everyone's offering up their wives and girlfriends and no-one's stepping forward themselves. Pah, call yourselves PHM?

Your username says it all. You should be first in line.😉

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tartofmidlothian

• milky_26

• jack D and coke

• GavK1012

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just so good having a top quality keeper in goals again, never mind the fact he's one of our own.

The saves at the end, especially the finger tips to the post one, were just sheer brilliance. It's like time slows time for him as he reads the game and reacts/stretches so quickly.

My only criticism is his kicking and that a few times tonight he hoofed the ball up the park too soon (not under pressure) as we were either still all offside or no one was there yet. I know it's never been a strong part of his game though and I can live with it, especially if he starts doing his frisbee throws down the wing again.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

It wasn’t McFadden mate, but it was the best save I’ve seen! 👍

41 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Clarkson (2005). 😉 👍 

👍👍

Jambos_1874

Craig Gordon was absolutely brilliant tonight and yet again allowed us to get 3 points. Great performance and hope he stays with us for years to come.

55 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Thank You Craig Gordon.

PS  A wee bit of gratitude to Lenny & Liewell for kicking him out the door & replacing him with the £4.5M masterpiece & thinking that joker Bain was a better goalie than big Craig. Fecking clowns!!

indeed ,  how they thought letting him go was a good idea !! Best keeper in Scotland by a mile 

He is so simple and uncomplicated. You could stick him in any team, whether it's a junior team or an international game and he'd be the same. He just makes saves. Doesn't get involved in any peripheral shite. 

Gordon could pitch up at any club in the world and not look out of place. He is still world class and they utter twats let him go go for nothing. They now have have Scott Bain and wasted five million trying to replace Gordon 😂

Imagine trying to replace Craig Gordon FFS who is still at the top of his game.   :rofl:

Craig Gordon not only helped us win a Scottish cup but he also brought in mega money for this club, went away and represented himself with dignity then come back and shown just how big a PHM he truly is. 

if he had not got that injury at sunderland he would not be with us, he would be 1st choice for someone like man utd

SwindonJambo
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if he had not got that injury at sunderland he would not be with us, he would be 1st choice for someone like man utd

Or Bayern or someone. Football can be cruel with injuries changing careers. Nonetheless, thank **** he's ours again.

5 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Hearts legend. Up there with rudi and SPH for me.

Wasn't he one of the first players to go into that short lived Hearts Hall of Fame? Think he was still fairly young at the time as well :lol:

wattie exploited

BRILLIANT !!!!!!         makes me laugh that Celtic had the cheek to let him go they will be in melt down again hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

Craig Gordon simply the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rifle:

jack D and coke

Was so hateful towards him at Celtic and didn’t want him anywhere near us but im such a petty and childish arsehole. 
🥰🥰🥰🥰

No Idle Talk
5 hours ago, jonesy said:

He could saunter into my house tonight, ram it up the wife's farter, kick both my kids in the face, and he'd still get a handshake and the offer of a beverage of his choice.

Maybe a bit strong but great sentiment. 🤣

CloustonHMFC

Just an early morning reminder that we got CG back for absolutely feck all after Celtic screwed it up by offering him something like 75% less than he was already on. 

What a guy. What a player.

allystrachan

Absolutely amazing player! 

Scotland would have done better at the euros with him in goals. No doubt about that. 

MR INCREDIBLE
8 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

If he wants half an hour with my mrs, then I think I’d be ok with that!

What have you got against Gordon?

Everyone else gets an hour !!

Libertarian
9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Celtic freed him and spent £5million on Barkas. 🤣

It's absolutely brilliant isn't it? You could'nae make it up. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Delighted to have him back. Goalkeepers don’t get better than that and I include world elite level goalkeepers. 1 thing matters and 1 thing only when it comes to keepers and it’s in that tweet. Make the big saves at big moments. 

Celtics loss is our gain. -15 points for them, +15 points for us. That’s what he’s worth 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Pasquale for King

Some guy and definitely the best GK I’ve seen play for us. 
A few had said they thought he would make a telling save last night. 
Love him. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, albishop said:

If he’s not a hall of famer already  then this needs to happen ASAP. 

Should have two spots for both spells. 

It's hard to credit that in his first spell, him and Zibby were vying for the title of the best in Europe.  I'm not sure what happened but it all went wrong for Zibby.  I think being absolute laughable bollocks was his weakness.

Point is, we've had the benefit of this top class player for a very long time, not to mention 9,000,000 beer vouchers, although I think vlad trousered them.

The Old Tolbooth
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Was so hateful towards him at Celtic and didn’t want him anywhere near us but im such a petty and childish arsehole. 
🥰🥰🥰🥰

:rofl:  

Made even sweeter that those arseholes treated him so badly, snd now they have Bain and Barkas, almost as bad as Perriera and Zlamal 🤣🤣🤣

In the split second before Forrest shot I had already started to accept 2 2. That was an amazing save especially with how close it was to the keeper and the speed 

Gordon Ramsay
9 hours ago, kila said:

2 brilliant saves.

Love the passion from him and Halliday etc after the first save. 

LarrysRightFoot
12 hours ago, Eno said:

Love the way he celebrated that save at the end from Forrest.

Yeh very Italian thing to do - love that kind of thing 

Craigy, sorry mate I’m just up. Had a few to many last night thanks to you. Let me know who’s Mrs you are riding and I’ll bring round the bacon rolls and coffee for you! PM me the address…..

tartofmidlothian
10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

SAF and Arsene Wenger were both keeping tabs even before he left us, apparently. He was bound for a big club after Sunderland, if injury hadn't done for him.

Must admit I don't grudge any of our players ending up at the OF less, he deserved those trophies and Champions League nights, in another world he might have won the EPL or the Champions League. Hopefully he isn't done winning yet, though.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

9 hours ago, kila said:

"That's what Celtic have been missing...a goalkeeper like Craig Gordon".

"Another sorry story for Celtic, and Craig Gordon the man that Celtic inexplicably let go, produces 2 outstanding saves at the death".

:verysmug:

Straight into my veins please.

What is frustrating is that we had Periera who was the exact opposite of CG.

There is no way we would have been relegated had he been in goals that season.

The man instills confidence throughout the squad.

Rocky jamboa
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I was just about to post the very same. We would have lost that game with Pereira or Zlamal in goals. 

In addition to his saves, his handling, kicking, positioning, organising the back line are all top notch. 

He will probably earn us around 15-20 points this season.

Bindy Badgy
10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We wouldn't have been relegated if we had a cardboard cut out in goals. The insistance on playing Pereira is what cost us.

12 hours ago, jonesy said:

He could saunter into my house tonight, ram it up the wife's farter, kick both my kids in the face, and he'd still get a handshake and the offer of a beverage of his choice.

Brilliant made me laugh out loud. Brilliant 

13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I was just about to post the very same. We would have lost that game with Pereira or Zlamal in goals. 

In addition to his saves, his handling, kicking, positioning, organising the back line are all top notch. 

He will probably earn us around 15-20 points this season.

It's a good study that over the season. That is clearly 2 points he has earned Hearts already.