Well done, Robbie Neilson - we're back!

tartofmidlothian

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Were you asleep after our last 4 wins and the greeting and pant wetting after those, not to mention the transfer and Robbie out threads. Some payback is well deserved.

I'm one of those unconvinced that RN is the right man however, like many others, am more than happy to be proven wrong. Want to be proven wrong even!

Last night was a great result and RN is due credit for his tactical changes which obviously swung the game.

Yesterday is done now, and we head to Paisley next week. RN himself commented that we need to go and win there. Good!

Perhaps now we can show consistency and resilience.

If we don't capitalise on this superb opening result then unfortunately question marks will still exist. I really hope it isn't a false dawn, I don't think it is as I think we have a good squad, I just hope, as much for RN as he's a decent bloke, that he can prove people like me wrong.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Savage Vince

• RussAsia

• Ulysses

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

You are at it.

It wasn't just that which you said, you questioned the legitimacy of the winning goal.  Again, you are trolling or completely deluded - I'll let others decide which.

You'd take their goalkeeper and full backs over ours? I'm not at anything

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm one of those unconvinced that RN is the right man however, like many others, am more than happy to be proven wrong. Want to be proven wrong even!

Last night was a great result and RN is due credit for his tactical changes which obviously swung the game.

Yesterday is done now, and we head to Paisley next week. RN himself commented that we need to go and win there. Good!

If we don't capitalise on this superb opening result then unfortunately question marks will still exist. I really hope it isn't a false dawn, I don't think it is as I think we have a good squad, I just hope, as much for RN as he's a decent bloke, that he can prove people like me wrong.

I'd agree with this. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You believe they are better than 5 straight wins? 

Who's sending who out with a defensive mindset? 

You're having a mare, and you need to ask why? 

Come on. We've had 1 win and played 4 lower league sides. Let's not count them as anything other than they are. Competitive cannon fodder.

Just now, RussAsia said:

Come on. We've had 1 win and played 4 lower league sides. Let's not count them as anything other than they are. Competitive cannon fodder.

There you go again.

Celtic were shite.

Our LC opponents were shite.

Our championship opponents last season were shite.

Yet going by your logic we must also be shite so you delusional levels of self-entitlement are also nonsense.

Time you started to follow a team to meet your expectations like Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City, Chelsea, etc.? 🤔

There you go again.

Celtic were shite.

Our LC opponents were shite.

Our championship opponents last season were shite.

Yet going by your logic we must also be shite so you delusional levels of self-entitlement are also nonsense.

Time you started to follow a team to meet your expectations like Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City, Chelsea, etc.? 🤔

St Mirren are average at best.

Maybe the lower leagues in Scotland have world beaters for you. Wonder how many people agree with you.

Just now, RussAsia said:

St Mirren are average at best.

Maybe the lower leagues in Scotland have world beaters for you. Wonder how many people agree with you.

So St Mirren aren't as good as Celtic, so its between us and Rangers for the league this season, I suppose?

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Agree with the last paragraph in particular. No point beating Celtic then throwing it away in Paisley next week. 

As i said elsewhere, we really need to get a defender in. It's going to be a long, tough season and i'd hate for us to not be prepared and looking back thinking...what if. We were already short of one last season in my opinion and now with Berra gone it makes it even more critical to get one in as soon as possible. Same goes for another striker. We'd be crazy to be relying on Boyce throughout. There will be times he needs a break, gets injured etc. and we lack options. Get the squad in place so we don't have to dive around looking at what we can get come the January transfer window. The squad is fairly strong so let's get those two areas sorted out and take it from there.

So St Mirren aren't as good as Celtic, so its between us and Rangers for the league this season, I suppose?

No but Celtic should get their act together. If we finish close to or below St Mirren we've massively underacheived.

Savage Vince
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How do folk know this is a poor celtic team, the worse in generations, we've played 1 game. 

They don't. 

They just want to call them that because it suits their sad-act, arsehole agenda. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

We've played 5 and won 5, yet you are mumping away like a lunatic. 

I feel sorry for folk that get no joy from Hearts, all because they hate Bob and/or Budge. 

Don't think that's the point being made.

See how we perform next Saturday, away at a place we've perennially struggled at. That'll be a better Barometer of where we are at.

IMO, of course.

Not taking away from last night, brilliant result! Let's hope we can capitalise on it and continue to go forward.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I feel sorry for folk that get no joy from Hearts, all because they hate Bob and/or Budge. 

You take joy from our defeats which is where the difference lies.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Boris said:

See how we perform next Saturday, away at a place we've perennially struggled at. That'll be a better Barometer of where we are at.

IMO, of course.

Not taking away from last night, brilliant result! Let's hope we can capitalise on it and continue to go forward.

I agree, but lose or draw and the plums that seem to be missing last night will be all over this place demanding everyone oot. 

Very strange behaviour. 

Just now, Boris said:

IMO, of course.

I agree with you but not that poster who is trying to discredit any of the positivies from this season so far or last night.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

You take joy from our defeats which is where the difference lies.

No I don't, when have I taken joy from a defeat? 

Don't talk shite to  justify your wierd position. 

I just don't brand unacceptable about and demand everyone oot. 

At least you eventually posted, the most rabid of the rabid oot gang seem to have gone missing. 

We could get beat next week, it's a possibility. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think that's a bit out of line tbh. I'd say everyone is ecstatic about last night's result.

Getting results week in week out is the challenge, and many doubt our ability to do that in the premier League. Last night maybe says we can. Let's hope so. But equally last night doesn't mean that any concerns have simply vanished.

I'll also add that by bitching about people's (valid imo) concerns as being anti-hearts is self-defeating and arguably as anti-hearts as those you castigate and will simply entrench the polarised opinions.

We've had a great first result. Onwards and upwards, but the onus is now on the management and players to build on and continue in the same manner.

All imo of course.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

They don't. 

They just want to call them that because it suits their sad-act, arsehole agenda. 

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Boris said:

I think that's a bit out of line tbh. I'd say everyone is ecstatic about last night's result.

Getting results week in week out is the challenge, and many doubt our ability to do that in the premier League. Last night maybe says we can. Let's hope so. But equally last night doesn't mean that any concerns have simply vanished.

I'll also add that by bitching about people's (valid imo) concerns as being anti-hearts is self-defeating and arguably as anti-hearts as those you castigate and will simply entrench the polarised opinions.

We've had a great first result. Onwards and upwards, but the onus is now on the management and players to build on and continue in the same manner.

All imo of course.

All fair. 

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

A Hearts win seems to have the side effect of clearing this place out, folk that rack up lots of slavers seem to go missing after a win. 

Nope you're still here.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

At least you eventually posted, the most rabid of the rabid oot gang seem to have gone missing. 

Ok i'll accept maybe not joy but you'll defend a hearts defeat as nothing to do with the manager or the way we're set out.

I think Hearts play like they're held back by tactics. Have done throughout Neilson's time as manager. As I said in my first post as long as we win I don't care. However losing to St Mirren would be a shocking result for us. If we don't attack them and play to our obvious strengths then it'll be a long, poor season. Get after teams.

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

All imo of course.

Nail on the head

August Landmesser
19 hours ago, daavojaay said:

celtic remind me of us under stendel

But we had better goalkeepers!

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Ok i'll accept maybe not joy but you'll defend a hearts defeat as nothing to do with the manager or the way we're set out.

I think Hearts play like they're held back by tactics. Have done throughout Neilson's time as manager. As I said in my first post as long as we win I don't care. However losing to St Mirren would be a shocking result for us. If we don't attack them and play to our obvious strengths then it'll be a long, poor season. Get after teams.

If you think losing to St Mirren is shocking then fair enough. 

You make little sense and I struggle with your logic. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Happy to get behind him and the team. Robbie knows the score let’s get Tynie as a fortress and work from that point. 

Yip, getting Tynecastle back to being a place of fear is the first port of call. 

We've lost that recently. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Happy to get behind him and the team. Robbie knows the score let’s get Tynie as a fortress and work from that point. 

👏👏 All about supporting the team. Some seem to support the manager more than the team and if you question him then your at it 🤷‍♂️. Blind loyalty to a manager is what started us on a downward spiral (Levein) which I was probably guilty of buying into for so long. Hearts doing well is all that matters and last night hopefully is the start of good times ahead. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you think losing to St Mirren is shocking then fair enough. 

You make little sense and I struggle with your logic. 

You're being obtuse. Read the post.

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sorry but don't agree Tosh, I think it's fair for posters to have concerns about the overall progress of Our great football club, and if Robbie is the correct man to take our club to the next level in the long term, will he play youth will he develop players and take there game to the next level, is his style of play entertaining and what supporter's want all reasonable things to be judged on. 

Even though we won last night which I'll put in capitals I give ROBBIE NEILSON full credit for, last night could've went either way possession wise should've been better, and you could argue why we didn't open up a bit more, when you could see Ginnelly and GMS had the beating of Taylor and Ralston. 

Celtic are damaged goods just now and we got them at the right time. 

St Mirren and Celtic in the cup will certainly be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but don't agree Tosh, I think it's fair for posters to have concerns about the overall progress of Our great football club, and if Robbie is the correct man to take our club to the next level in the long term, will he play youth will he develop players and take there game to the next level, is his style of play entertaining and what supporter's want all reasonable things to be judged on. 

Even though we won last night which I'll put in capitals I give ROBBIE NEILSON full credit for, last night could've went either way possession wise should've been better, and you could argue why we didn't open up a bit more, when you could see Ginnelly and GMS had the beating of Taylor and Ralston. 

Sure, we got Celtic at a good time, but lets be honest our record against them is shocking across numerous managers going back a number of decades.

St Mirren will be tough, and a test of our defence first and foremost.  Keep them out and then that gives us a chance at the other end.  In recent seasons we have shipped cheap goals and you have no chance of getting results with a leaky defence.

Sure, we got Celtic at a good time, but lets be honest our record against them is shocking across numerous managers going back a number of decades.

St Mirren will be tough, and a test of our defence first and foremost.  Keep them out and then that gives us a chance at the other end.  In recent seasons we have shipped cheap goals and you have no chance of getting results with a leaky defence.

Agree 👍

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Thats the first time Celtic have lost an opening game of the season in 24 years,  there is never a good time to play them . We all seen how well they played last night for most of the game, they are still a decent side amd it takes a huge effort to beat them .

Just now, ramrod said:

Thats the first time Celtic have lost an opening game of the season in 24 years,  there is never a good time to play them . We all seen how well they played last night for most of the game, they are still a decent side amd it takes a huge effort to beat them .

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Yip, Great result.

Got to say, that result was absolutely incredible. Hopefully a statement of intent for this season. 

I slated Neilson continually since the Brora result, so I would dearly love to be left with egg on my face :) 

Lets hope we're consistent and play with that same drive and determination. 

Pasquale for King

It was a great result and a performance to build upon no doubt, and it’s always brilliant to beat them. However that doesn’t mean that this isn’t a poor Celtic team compared to others. They’ve been on the slide since Rodgers left and it’s wonderful to watch. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a great result and a performance to build upon no doubt, and it’s always brilliant to beat them. However that doesn’t mean that this isn’t a poor Celtic team compared to others. They’ve been on the slide since Rodgers left and it’s wonderful to watch. 

A poor Celtic team is a relative term, and our results against them are few and far between.  They still have a far stronger squad than anyone outside their other half in Govan.

There seems to be more of a teamwork thing going on with the players this season, obviously including LC group games. Too often over the last few season, we’ve had 2, 3, 4 players just not put in the effort for some games. A good spirit and willingness to put in the yards goes a long way in the Scottish game. Long may it continue. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Again, I struggle to follow the logic.

Celtic will comfortably be at least second in the league, we had beaten them 3 times in 10 years and they hadn't lost a league opener for 24 years.

They brought about £8m worth of players of the bench and have regular internationals in every position.

Why any team would " open up more" is beyond me, seems self defeating. I for one hope we never open up and continue to be strong defensively.

Every game will be interesting imo.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Boris said:

You're being obtuse. Read the post.

I'm not.

I cannot follow his logic, it makes no sense.

He's used terms such as shocking and unacceptable to describe a possible loss to St Mirren. Each to their own.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, ramrod said:

TBH I was a bit surprised at how well they played.

Their movement and passing was very good and imo they looked far better than they did v us in the final.

They ofc need to finish or create better chances and sort out that defence but folk in general are   exaggerating at how poor they are are. Not sure why, maybe folk hope they are going to be poor and 2nd is up for grabs or some on here just like to downplay any success we have.

They also clearly tired after 70 minutes but that's the high press and if you aren't ahead you then have a problem, Klopp at Liverpool had this issue first few seasons as did Gerrard at Rangers, but they improved over time.

Massive team effort and we got the  bit of luck required in general to beat the OF.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There seems to be more of a teamwork thing going on with the players this season, obviously including LC group games. Too often over the last few season, we’ve had 2, 3, 4 players just not put in the effort for some games. A good spirit and willingness to put in the yards goes a long way in the Scottish game. Long may it continue. 

There does seem to be better spirit amongst the players so far this season. Long may it continue. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

TBH I was a bit surprised at how well they played.

Their movement and passing was very good and imo they looked far better than they did v us in the final.

They ofc need to finish or create better chances and sort out that defence but folk in general are   exaggerating at how poor they are are. Not sure why, maybe folk hope they are going to be poor and 2nd is up for grabs or some on here just like to downplay any success we have.

They also clearly tired after 70 minutes but that's the high press and if you aren't ahead you then have a problem, Klopp at Liverpool had this issue first few seasons as did Gerrard at Rangers, but they improved over time.

Massive team effort and we got the  bit of luck required in general to beat the OF.

Good summary

When you look at their team  McGregor, Christie,Forrest, Eduard ,the Israeli guy, the new centre back and Japanese lad the value of a their squad is stiil huge in Scottish terms. 

We did to. them what many teams did to us a couple of years ago,  soaked up the pressure and poked them in the eye. 

Lot of work still to do but it was nice to take their punches and come out on top .

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Again, I struggle to follow the logic.

Celtic will comfortably be at least second in the league, we had beaten them 3 times in 10 years and they hadn't lost a league opener for 24 years.

They brought about £8m worth of players of the bench and have regular internationals in every position.

Why any team would " open up more" is beyond me, seems self defeating. I for one hope we never open up and continue to be strong defensively.

Every game will be interesting imo.

Sorry but the point of Celtic buying players for prices like that is irrelevant, and it's quite obvious they are being shafted in the transfer market. 

And that's a logic i don't follow we got beni for free? How much did Celtic pay for Soro? I'll let you tell me who's the better player? 

Why would any team want to open up because Gordon won't always be there to pull off world class saves, so go out and kill the game off especially when they are there for the taken. 

Sitting in and allowing the time and space almost came back to haunt us, luckily we have a keeper who can pull of they saves. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

If folk can’t or won’t give Robbie credit for the changes yesterday then I doubt they ever will. He deserves plenty for the haring change alone as I like the majority thought “wtf is he doing” at the time. 

I think overall his tactics could have been better but it really doesn’t matter as in the end we won. Robbie made the necessary changes to do it. 

Robbie isn’t perfect  it at our level and for what we are looking to do I think I he is perfect. He is a PHM, cup winning legend and he gets my support. **** the haters 

i’d mostly agree mate - a wins a win especially against the old firm but it looked like neilson’s tactics were a bit passive as usual

at the game-turning change it looked like neilson was tentative and maybe looking to give it another 5 minutes or so but jig seemed to instigate the change and the tactics around them - was quite noticeable from the stands

either way is a good thing that as a team they got the win and clearly influenced the outcome

well done jig and Robbie ✌️

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but the point of Celtic buying players for prices like that is irrelevant, and it's quite obvious they are being shafted in the transfer market. 

And that's a logic i don't follow we got beni for free? How much did Celtic pay for Soro? I'll let you tell me who's the better player? 

Why would any team want to open up because Gordon won't always be there to pull off world class saves, so go out and kill the game off especially when they are there for the taken. 

Sitting in and allowing the time and space almost came back to haunt us, luckily we have a keeper who can pull of they saves. 

If you are judging players on one game then fair enough. I've not seen Beni enough to make a proper call yet.

We'll just disagree, I thought Celtic were good and held the ball well, they forced us back.

We also never helped with poor passing and poor ball retention imo.

This " they were there for the taken" talk is just cliched bull shit, it means nothing. Thankfully Bob had a game plan and it worked as planned.

Defending is part of football, most managers and football folk know this.  

Whatever Hearts seem to do or not to do some folk just invent narratives that suit their agenda or beliefs, it's quite mind boggling.

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Boris said:

I agree with a lot of this.

Great result last night, its always a joy turning that mob over.

I didn't think we played that well last night and we dropped out the game completely for a good 30-40 minutes. Games like that we've lost over the last few years so to stick it out then get a late winner is sweet.

I still don't think RN has found the right formation or players to play it but at the end of the day Result > performance 👍

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not.

I cannot follow his logic, it makes no sense.

He's used terms such as shocking and unacceptable to describe a possible loss to St Mirren. Each to their own.

As I said, read the post.🙄