Well done, Robbie Neilson - we're back!

tartofmidlothian

44 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Aaawww bless. 😊

Next time we win, try celebrating instead of throwing your poo at Hearts supporters. 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Savage Vince

• RussAsia

• Ulysses

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, Gambo said:

They are, Hearts fans know it, Celtic fans know it and we showed it tonight without being anywhere near close to our best.

That is as poor a Celtic team you will see for a long time.

Biscuit tin will be opened, they will improve, but we got them at the right time and made it count. They were poor.

The thing is the biscuit tin has been opened. Starfelt - £4.3m, Abada - £3.4m, Kyogo Furuhashi - £5m, Shaw - £300k, Urhghide - £200k.

Meanwhile we sign a Brighton reserve and an Everton reserve and both do better than their signings. In realty we shouldn't have a chance against Celtic, even an underperforming Celtic. No-one outwith Rangers should.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Next time we win, try celebrating instead of throwing your poo at Hearts supporters. 

Tell that to the mugs moaning non-stop after our first 4 wins of the season.

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Hear hear 👏

Greedy Jambo

We should sign another suso santana, somebody with a bit of trickery. 

That would stop me from moaning about how shite we are. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

They may end up 2nd, does not make them a great team tonight or even a team with pace tonight.

don't give a **** tbh.

have a gid night

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hear hear 👏

im sorry but anyone booing the team at any point tonight deserve to feel a bit silly. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

At Tyne castle you have to open up against them. 

No you don't.

Clearly you don't.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tell that to the mugs moaning non-stop after our first 4 wins of the season.

Supporters shouldn't be booing the team at 1-1 against Celtic, and they shouldn't have unrealistic expectations and demands.  Neither should they be using a Hearts win to tell our supporters to get it up them. 

N Lincs Jambo

Great to hear about the influence Peter Haring had when he came on. I thought he bossed the cup final in 2019 and I don’t think Celtic would have got their second if he had been fully fit. Hope we can get a full season without injury from him as he’s a class act.

Just now, Ulysses said:

Supporters shouldn't be booing the team at 1-1 against Celtic, and they shouldn't have unrealistic expectations and demands.  Neither should they be using a Hearts win to tell our supporters to get it up them. 

Correct

8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

you would just make up something else to moan about

2 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

im sorry but anyone booing the team at any point tonight deserve to feel a bit silly. 

You need to read the thread. That is not what I was responding to.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The thing is the biscuit tin has been opened. Starfelt - £4.3m, Abada - £3.4m, Kyogo Furuhashi - £5m, Shaw - £300k, Urhghide - £200k.

Meanwhile we sign a Brighton reserve and an Everton reserve and both do better than their signings. In realty we shouldn't have a chance against Celtic, even an underperforming Celtic. No-one outwith Rangers should.

Over a season it will show. They'll be 20 points or so  clear of third place

Game to game football doesn't get played out on a spreadsheet and every game is different.

IMO the St Mirren game is more difficult for us.

Bazzas right boot

People thinking Haring changed the game, the Bobmeister knew Celtic would run out of steam and planned it all along.

Haring replaced our goal scorer.

Bob kens his onions.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Great result but we were pish in possession, showed little quality on the ball, far too deep, invited pressure onto ourselves and we rode our luck a bit. That said, you'd have to be off your rocker to grumble about a win v Celtic regardless of how poor they are. 

I'm glad that a win restores a bit of faith though and some folk may be willing to give it a chance. I think once we get in another few additions and add a bit more quality we will grow as a team and I don't think we'd have deployed those sort of tactics against non-OF sides. 

It's a great start and gives us something positive to build on for a change. 

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe. 

Yeah, maybe. 

I thought we were pretty bad today to be honest, scored a goal due to the celtic defence being a shambles, wasted a few chances, while Celtic did the same, then we sat off them like shite bags before they scored. 

Where would we be without Souttar and Craig Gordon? 

I'm trying my best not to be critical, but you heard the boos yourself ( i would imagine)

Celtic were there for the pumping. 

We got the job done in the end. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Over a season it will show. They'll be 20 points or so  clear of third place

Game to game football doesn't get played out on a spreadsheet and every game is different.

IMO the St Mirren game is more difficult for us.

Agreed on all counts.  The St Mirren game is also more important for us in some ways.  It's not enough to be "up for the big games".  Good teams are up for all their games, regardless of the perceived quality of the opposition.  That has been a failing of RN's in the past (and others before him).  Hopefully we'll be better on that front this season.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, maybe. 

I thought we were pretty bad today to be honest, scored a goal due to the celtic defence being a shambles, wasted a few chances, while Celtic did the same, then we sat off them like shite bags before they scored. 

I'm trying my best not to be critical, but you heard the boos yourself ( i would imagine)

Defeating Celtic should not be criticised. If you’re struggling to not criticise, it’s simple. Hearts beat Celtic. End of

davemclaren
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, maybe. 

The subs changed the game and we took our golden chance at the end. Next week against St Mirren may be a better indicator of how our season might go. 

Still feels great though. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Agreed on all counts.  The St Mirren game is also more important for us in some ways.  It's not enough to be "up for the big games".  Good teams are up for all their games, regardless of the perceived quality of the opposition.  That has been a failing of RN's in the past (and others before him).  Hopefully we'll be better on that front this season.

Disagree of sorts , one of Bobs strengths is getting points v the lower teams and being consistent over a season.

He's always been good at collecting points, his failures have been one off big games.

Savage Vince
49 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Fair do's Vince ! Apologies, too many beers on my part.. we're all Hearts ! 

No problem Guffers, enjoy the win. ❤️

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, maybe. 

How many times have Celtic been " pumped" in the last 20 years?

Lets say a pumping is 3 goals plus.

ffs, you are on the glue?

Celtic will end up 2nd or 1st.

Pretty bad.

If you think 2-1 v Celtic is pretty bad you are in for a surprise or 10.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Defeating Celtic should not be criticised. If you’re struggling to not criticise, it’s simple. Hearts beat Celtic. End of

I'm delighted we beat Celtic.  But here's the thing.  I'd be disappointed if we lost, but I wouldn't be disappointed in Robbie Neilson or the team.  On the other hand, we should be in a position to get the better of 9 of the teams in that league on a regular basis - we should be winning more of those games than we lose.  It's when we don't put in a shift or get a result against those sides  that people really get frustrated. 

But tonight was good, and we should enjoy it without having a go at anyone.

1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

Now I know things haven’t been great since Robbie took over. But it’s worth noting that since he has, we have drawn against Celtic in the final (beaten on pens) beat hibs in the semi and beat Celtic in the league opener. 

So, if Neilson has shown us anything, it’s that he isn’t going to bottle it for big games and that we CAN compete at this level unlike the narrative some fans would have you believe. 

Not a massive Robbie fan or hater. But credit where it is due, he’s getting results where they are needed. Long may it continue! Genuinely excited for next week after that performance. 

i don’t want to get too optimistic, but I feel like the players are fit and backing the manager, the transfers we are getting in are of the right quality and the club as a whole is hopefully moving in the right direction 😁

Ifwe are still getting good results by September, European football could well be on the cards!.. but that’s me getting over optimistic again! 

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism mate👍

gorgie rd eh11
12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, maybe. 

Oh shut the **** up. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many times have Celtic been " pumped" in the last 20 years?

Lets say a pumping is 3 goals plus.

ffs, you are on the glue?

Celtic will end up 2nd or 1st.

Pretty bad.

If you think 2-1 v Celtic is pretty bad you are in for a surprise or 10.

They are an absolute shell of themselves, their defence is laughable, did you see when one of their defenders nearly passed the ball into their own net? haha. 

I agree with Dave, the subs changed the game (not the tactics) and we'll know more after the St Mirren game. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree of sorts , one of Bobs strengths is getting points v the lower teams and being consistent over a season.

He's always been good at collecting points, his failures have been one off big games.

Perhaps I'm merging all the poor management we've seen in recent years into one and pinning the rap on RN for the failings of others.  I'm also suffering from this syndrome I've mentioned before where I don't think we should ever re-hire someone who has been in the hot seat before.  So maybe I'm not looking at the record accurately.  If someone wants to trawl through LH and do a comparison that's a good idea, but I'm too lazy. :eek:

We'll see how it goes.  The odd win for show against the OF is great, but our finishing place in the league will depend on us regularly taking 3 points a game off the St Mirrens of this world.

And it doesn't matter whether I'm accurate or not - people need to stop using a win as an excuse to get it up Hearts supporters.  It's naff.

Savage Vince
37 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You're not looking too clever on this thread, which is unlike you. 

The 'Hearts supporters' I'm throwing poo at had this coming, they're tedious ****wits. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

They are an absolute shell of themselves, their defence is laughable, did you see when one of their defenders nearly passed the ball into their own net? haha. 

I agree with Dave, the subs changed the game (not the tactics) and we'll know more after the St Mirren game. 

They'll finish 2nd by a good distance.

We are newly promoted and beat them.

Maybe after the st mirren game we'll get beat and you can have a fun night.

Think About It We Beat Celtic Without Even Playing To Our Best or Even close to it...Shows how poor they are at the moment.Just Imagine We Played Absolutely Amazing Couldve Been An Absolute Scalping as i think we can play much better than we did.Celtic Are In Big Trouble And They Seem To Be Signing Absolute Crap For Alot Of Money,Have they secretly picked up john murray since we let him go or something

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They'll finish 2nd by a good distance.

We are newly promoted and beat them.

Maybe after the st mirren game we'll get beat and you can have a fun night.

Get the Craig Gordon saves up then, Cheer me up. 

Basil Hayden
2 hours ago, daavojaay said:

celtic remind me of us under stendel

I was just thinking exactly that

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ulysses said:

Perhaps I'm merging all the poor management we've seen in recent years into one and pinning the rap on RN for the failings of others.  I'm also suffering from this syndrome I've mentioned before where I don't think we should ever re-hire someone who has been in the hot seat before.  So maybe I'm not looking at the record accurately.  If someone wants to trawl through LH and do a comparison that's a good idea, but I'm too lazy. :eek:

We'll see how it goes.  The odd win for show against the OF is great, but our finishing place in the league will depend on us regularly taking 3 points a game off the St Mirrens of this world.

And it doesn't matter whether I'm accurate or not - people need to stop using a win as an excuse to get it up Hearts supporters.  It's naff.

Likely, it has been emotional.

1st, 3rd, 2nd ( left us), 1st and now this result shows Bobs league form is good. His cup record however is poor.

last one, Maybe yes and maybe not, tbh many folk are fed up with the shite after a loss, draw or even a narrow win( last week 1-0) and as it's a Hearts Forum and Bob is the Hearts manager  it is good that folk are supporting him. ( nb- many of his critics are missing now that we won).

Also, folk have posted they want Hearts beat just to get him sacked more quickly and to get it up certain posters- literally. True story.  So tbh, **** all of them sorts.👍

Just now, Savage Vince said:

You're not looking too clever on this thread, which is unlike you. 

The 'Hearts supporters' I'm throwing poo at had this coming, they're tedious ****wits. 

You're "new" here.  How in the Bejaysus would you know how I've usually looked over my hundreds of years on the forum?  :whistling: 

Using a win to get it up Hearts supporters is naff, even if they are tedious ***wits.  Honestly, I can see why constant griping would be annoying, but I went bouncing around my house for a dance and a yelling session to celebrate that win - and then sat back down at my computer to see that someone had used the same effing moments to post a thread telling other Hearts supporters to get it right up them.  Was that the best use of the OP's time?  Honestly?  Really?  It was in my arse.

What I'm saying, so to speak, is that if we gotta throw our poo we gotta throw our poo, but even in the zoo there's a time and a place.  :runaway:

The booing was pretty grim, though.  I think we're agreed on that.

P.S. there's a lot of Celtic supporters in this part of the world, so it didn't take too long to see my first "sack the board" on my Twitter feed.  Now there's a GIRFUY we can all agree on. :toasting:

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Likely, it has been emotional.

It probably is an irrational reaction rather than driven by the results. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

( nb- many of his critics are missing now that we won).

Also, folk have posted they want Hearts beat just to get him sacked more quickly and to get it up certain posters- literally. True story.  So tbh, **** all of them sorts.👍

I tend to steer clear of the Terrace unless we're actually playing, but I'll take your word for it.  Does that mean that if St Mirren beat us next week someone will post a thread asking the OP for this thread to get it up them?  I hope not.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It probably is an irrational reaction rather than driven by the results. 

I tend to steer clear of the Terrace unless we're actually playing, but I'll take your word for it.  Does that mean that if St Mirren beat us next week someone will post a thread asking the OP for this thread to get it up them?  I hope not.

Just check.

There is a Robbie's failure Fred and a robbie oot Fred that is ongoing. No need for a new Fred. It's a rolling one/ two/ three/ four/ five.

I'm gonna take punt, we'll get 60-65 points this season.

Could be 3rd or 5th.

Cups- **** knows, could be the downer.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Just check.

I'm gonna take punt, we'll get 60-65 points this season.

Could be 3rd or 5th.

Cups- **** knows, could be the downer.

I'll take 60 or more, plus the right derby results.  The cups are a lottery, so all I'm really looking for is to avoid any embarrassing exits.

Auld Reekin'

I've not been Neilson's biggest fan, particularly since his return and even more particularly since the dreadful Brora result, but well done to him as well as all the players tonight. He got all the major and crucial decisions spot-on.

All I want is to see Hearts playing consistently as well as we can, winning as many games as possible, entertaining the fans, showing all necessary grit, determination, and commitment, and scoring goals (at least one more than our opponents, preferably!); if that happens under RN this season and in the future then I'll be delighted.  :icon14: 🍻

Savage Vince
12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You're "new" here.  How in the Bejaysus would you know how I've usually looked over my hundreds of years on the forum?  :whistling: 

Using a win to get it up Hearts supporters is naff, even if they are tedious ***wits.  Honestly, I can see why constant griping would be annoying, but I went bouncing around my house for a dance and a yelling session to celebrate that win - and then sat back down at my computer to see that someone had used the same effing moments to post a thread telling other Hearts supporters to get it right up them.  Was that the best use of the OP's time?  Honestly?  Really?  It was in my arse.

What I'm saying, so to speak, is that if we gotta throw our poo we gotta throw our poo, but even in the zoo there's a time and a place.  :runaway:

The booing was pretty grim, though.  I think we're agreed on that.

P.S. there's a lot of Celtic supporters in this part of the world, so it didn't take too long to see my first "sack the board" on my Twitter feed.  Now there's a GIRFUY we can all agree on. :toasting:

I'm still dancing and bouncing about the house. 😎

i wish jj was my dad
38 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'm struggling to understand why we are not all ecstatic. Even in the late 80s it was a proper big result. The difference then was £500 - 1k. 

Tonight we just beat a team with 10 x our budget. HHGH

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm still dancing and bouncing about the house. 😎

Then I'll stop moaning.  Apologies to you and to @Brick Tamlandfor being a bit off in my responses.  We pulled off a good win tonight, and so far this season we're doing alright.  That's reason enough to be cheerful.  :toasting:

Savage Vince
48 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Then I'll stop moaning.  Apologies to you and to @Brick Tamlandfor being a bit off in my responses.  We pulled off a good win tonight, and so far this season we're doing alright.  That's reason enough to be cheerful.  :toasting:

We certainly are and it certainly is. Let's enjoy a rare win over Celtic and see what the rest of the season brings. 😊

No Idle Talk

You think Robbie Neilson doesn't know what he's doing?

When he subbed GMS for Haring I was a bit confused and pissed. Great move. We got control of the midfield again and we won the game.

Not saying he's the best manager ever but he is better than some people think he is. 

Cheers Robbie. 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

We've just won.  Don't be an arse. 

Place is crawling with them. The worst type of gloating. 

No Idle Talk
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Jesus. When you look at it like that, I'd be devastated if Hearts spent that amount of money and still looked as hapless as Celtic look just now. They are going to have to spend a lot more to become a decent team and get anywhere close to being where they want to be(challenging Sevco).