Well done, Robbie Neilson - we're back!

tartofmidlothian

To be fair, i was booing half way through the 2nd half, a corner we had ended up wi Craig Gordon, but we upped it after that, ee all know the rest, so hats off yo you Robbie, long may it continue 👏

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Savage Vince

• RussAsia

• Ulysses

Well done, Robbie.  It's a superb result and a great way to start the league campaign.

He gets stick when the result is bad, or the team's performance is bad, so he deserves praise when the opposite happens. 

Just shows how people see things differently, I thought we were quite lucky in the end, and thought we were second best for most of the game and if their second goal had been given rather than offside we would probably have struggled to get back into it HOWEVER  I won't take anything away from all that matters which is the result, which could well be 3 precious points more than a lot of teams get off them this season which can only be a good thing. Hoping this result gives us the confidence to attack every team we play at home and most away but not sure Robbie has as much faith in this squad to go for 3 points every week as I do.

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well done Robbie. Despite my public reservations I’m delighted for him and us. 

Likewise.  It's perfectly logical to support the team and want the best while being critical of the performances or quality of individuals on the staff.

I'm delighted with the result.  Who isn't?

Brick Tamland
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Credit where credits due! Robbies substitutions won us the game in my opinion 

Yep, they completely changed the momentum of the game. 

Just shows how people see things differently, I thought we were quite lucky in the end, and thought we were second best for most of the game and if their second goal had been given rather than offside we would probably have struggled to get back into it HOWEVER  I won't take anything away from all that matters which is the result, which could well be 3 precious points more than a lot of teams get off them this season which can only be a good thing. Hoping this result gives us the confidence to attack every team we play at home and most away but not sure Robbie has as much faith in this squad to go for 3 points every week as I do.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, CostaJambo said:

I thought they caused us absolutely zero concern. Plenty of the ball yet we still had by far the better chances.

It wasn't perfect, and there's always going to be long periods in games v Celtic where we don't have the ball but they done absolutely nothing with it.

Brick Tamland
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

GIRUY Phoodles and pollsters 

:yas:

bajthejambo

Neilson made the correct changes and deserves praise for that. I'll take any victory against Celtic. Well done to the team and himself.

Savage Vince
4 minutes ago, rmreido said:

To be fair, i was booing half way through the 2nd half, a corner we had ended up wi Craig Gordon, but we upped it after that, ee all know the rest, so hats off yo you Robbie, long may it continue 👏

The booing from the Hearts support in thd second half was utterly ridiculous. 

Celtic have some really good football players. The sense of entitlement amongst the Hearts support is chronic. 

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

GIRUY Phoodles and pollsters 

Spot on, sir.

Your posts are always blunt, sometimes cutting, occasionally rude.

This one though, says it all.  👍

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Celtic have some really good football players. The sense of entitlement amongst the Hearts support is chronic. 

Aw no the “sense of entitlement” catchphrase again! 🙈

3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

The substitutions helped, but their main effect was to dampen Celtic's momentum and ease the pressure on our defence rather than putting us on the front foot - no bad thing, by the way.  The two goalkeepers won the game for us in the end. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I really don't know what's happened to some of our support. They've lost it. Even with so little possession we limited Celtic to very few clear cut chances and still had a good number of efforts on goal ourselves despite the lack of possession.

To be fair when we were pegged back you could see him telling them to push up. Thought we got forward when we got the chance.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

The substitutions helped, but their main effect was to dampen Celtic's momentum and ease the pressure on our defence rather than putting us on the front foot - no bad thing, by the way.  The two goalkeepers won the game for us in the end. 

No the changes putting Ginnelly up top then bringing Gnando on to add more threat while shoring up the midfield with Haring worked brilliantly and won us the game. People need to give Neilson some credit here. Put it this way, Ange didn't change things and lost. Neilson changed things and won.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Spot on, sir.

Yup blunt, cutting, rude….ticks all the boxes. 👍

Savage Vince
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I really don't know what's happened to some of our support. They've lost it. Even with so little possession we limited Celtic to very few clear cut chances and still had a good number of efforts on goal ourselves despite the lack of possession.

Exactly. We had the best chances in the game. 

It was a tough, hard-fought win that quite a lot of fans inside the stadium didn't deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Pretty much bang on 👍

4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The ‘sense of entitlement’ thing is reserved for other teams.

Leave Hearts out of this, please.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Aw no the “sense of entitlement” catchphrase again! 🙈

He has a point, in fairness (leaving aside for a moment his other failings).  We played to our strengths against a team whose players are technically better than ours.  That wasn't pretty to watch, but I thought it was a bit off to be booing our own players at 1-1.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Spot on, sir.

Manaliveyou'dswearhewas5.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yup blunt, cutting, rude….ticks all the boxes. 👍

He speaks the truth though, Thom.

Some folk don’t like that.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

He speaks the truth though, Thom.

Some folk don’t like that.

Ah here, Morgan, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Now, tonight's result?

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought they caused us absolutely zero concern. Plenty of the ball yet we still had by far the better chances.

It wasn't perfect, and there's always going to be long periods in games v Celtic where we don't have the ball but they done absolutely nothing with it.

Fair enough, I hope my post made it clear that i am not taking anything away from  the result nor making a Phoodle agenda, I just wish we had  had a bit more of the possession to dictate the game rather than have to  react on the occasions when  we did get the ball and hope we will be the team with most of the possession against most of the teams we paly this season.

He has a point, in fairness (leaving aside for a moment his other failings).  We played to our strengths against a team whose players are technically better than ours.  That wasn't pretty to watch, but I thought it was a bit off to be booing our own players at 1-1.

Yes agreed - it’s the “sense of entitlement” getting drummed out ad naseum that does ma heed in! 🙈

Just now, Ulysses said:

Ah here, Morgan, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Now, tonight's result?

Absolutely superb, Uly.  👍

john thomas

Pretty awful behaviour to be honest but in general place was jumping with just 5000

Hopefully our new signings got the feel of how Tynecastle can be 

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Spot on, sir.

Spanish heat beer and mohitos helps 

plus great live music every night 

it focuses the mind 🍺

hmfc_liam06
Just now, CostaJambo said:

Fair enough, I hope my post made it clear that i am not taking anything away from  the result nor making a Phoodle agenda, I just wish we had  had a bit more of the possession to dictate the game rather than have to  react on the occasions when  we did get the ball and hope we will be the team with most of the possession against most of the teams we paly this season.

Totally. I just think we need to be a bit realistic and understand Celtic are still a decent side with the ball and are going to dominate possession. You always need to carry a bit of luck to win these games and we did that tonight.

Great night to be a Jambo!

Gordon Ramsay

Thought we were shite til 70 mins but fair play for changing it. 

We still need to press higher though and do it as a team, not just Boyce. 

tartofmidlothian
16 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Pound for pound they're a much better team than us, but we managed them as best we could and made our own luck.

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Pretty awful behaviour to be honest but in general place was jumping with just 5000

Hopefully our new signings got the feel of how Tynecastle can be 

Maybe the fans booing encouraged Robbie to make the changes……

I’ll get my coat!

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spanish heat beer and mohitos helps 

plus great live music every night 

it focuses the mind 🍺

I’ll drink to that.  

🍺🥂

19 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well done, Robbie.  It's a superb result and a great way to start the league campaign.

He gets stick when the result is bad, or the team's performance is bad, so he deserves praise when the opposite happens. 

Spot on 👍

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Absolutely superb, Uly.  👍

Exactly.  There's always something extra of a buzz when we win with a late winner.

And after the stuff we've had to put up with from several quarters in Scotland over the last while, it was extra nice. :toasting:

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Totally. I just think we need to be a bit realistic and understand Celtic are still a decent side with the ball and are going to dominate possession. You always need to carry a bit of luck to win these games and we did that tonight.

Great night to be a Jambo!

Could of attacked more tonight and played better football. 

But we got the result under any circumstances so credit goes to them. 

3 points and things can only get better. 

Just now, Ulysses said:

Exactly.  There's always something extra of a buzz when we win with a late winner.

And after the stuff we've had to put up with from several quarters in Scotland over the last while, it was extra nice. :toasting:

A late winner is always good.

A late winner against them is manna from heaven.

Have a great rest of your evening, Uly.  👍

Just now, pointon said:

Well done for making the changes when you did Robbie 👍

Pretty much key to the win, imo. 

Savage Vince
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The ‘sense of entitlement’ thing is reserved for other teams.

Leave Hearts out of this, please.

The 'sense of entitlement' thing is a poison at Tynecastle. 

17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agree with that, Gordon didn't have many saves to make and we have been under a lot more pressure against them on numerous occasions. Really don't understand where the panic was coming from. Yes we were sitting back but the gameplan was clearly to sit back and try to hit them on the break with Ginnelly and GMS.

Can't remember ever hearing boos when drawing at home to Celtic.

Dagger Is Back

Thought we played far too deep. Didn't see the substitutions as RN clearly did. CG saved us as he's done in the past and will do again.

Not an RN fan by any means but we got the result so well done RN

Just now, Savage Vince said:

The 'sense of entitlement' thing is a poison at Tynecastle. 

I find no good reason to argue with you this evening, Vince.

I bid you goodnight.