• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Savage Vince

• RussAsia

• Ulysses

Brighton Jambo

What impressed me about the manager today was the substitutions clearly changed the flow of the game.  Taking GMS off for Haring was a bold move but worked perfectly. 

Brick Tamland

Great result. 
Looking forward to the pant wetters spin on a win against Celtic meaning we’ll get relegated or some other nappy munching drivel. 

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Great result. 
Looking forward to the pant wetters spin on a win against Celtic meaning we’ll get relegated or some other nappy munching drivel. 

We've just won.  Don't be an arse. 

Definitely not sure on him yet. Far too lackadaisical at times, you could hear the fans booing because they were mincing and I don't blame them. Very good win though. Fair play to him. More of the same and I'll be a very happy man.

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Relax, it’s a dig at the pantwetters 

Bazzas right boot

If Celtic had scored first we would have been in trouble, they are no where near as bad as many think.

We scored first tho, defended well and as I thought their pressing game couldn't last 90 minutes, they faded and we controlled the last 25 minutes.

Needed a great save tho at the end.

Great team performance, good start to the season.

If I was a petty man, I'd also say it puts the phoodle out and abuse brigade back in their box, but I'm not petty so I won't say that.

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Great result. 

What a bizarre Post ! 

Savage Vince
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Wheesht you. He's got every right to slag off the plebs in our support. 

Brick Tamland
Just now, Savage Vince said:

Someone gets it 👍

Time to really kick on.

Make no mistake about it we weren’t at our best, and this was a great time to play a mixed bag celtic side.

That being said, what a result to get us off the mark.

16 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

We've just won. Don't be an arse.  Didn't you understand me the first time?

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

Time to really kick on.

Make no mistake about it we weren’t at our best, and this was a great time to play a mixed bag celtic side.

That being said, what a result to get us off the mark.

We were pretty decent though, with room to get better.

Sorry to be negative great result but the tactics were awful. Halliday needs booted out team utter rank much better with Haring on pitch. Boyce can’t play up top on his own needs the big lad beside him. 
New lad benny looks superb him abd haring together will work 

I think 352 will work best with the players we have 

super result but please drop Halliday 

JamboAndrew

Really happy for Robbie and the boys. Beating the scum will give confidence we can beat anyone. This level and above of performance consistently and top 4 is on.

10 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Only saddos use wins as an excuse to have a go at our own supporters instead of celebrating.  No need.

21 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Great result. 

😴😴😴

Raymond Reddington
24 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What impressed me about the manager today was the substitutions clearly changed the flow of the game.  Taking GMS off for Haring was a bold move but worked perfectly. 

100% and he deserves credit for this.

OmiyaHearts
23 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolutely. I was slating the sub but it worked out for us and we became more solid in possession and played higher up the park

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If Celtic had scored first we would have been in trouble, they are no where near as bad as many think.

We scored first tho, defended well and as I thought their pressing game couldn't last 90 minutes, they faded and we controlled the last 25 minutes.

If I was a petty man, I'd also say it puts the phoodle out and abuse brigade back in their box, but I'm not petty so I won't say that.

Well, you kind of did. 😉 But I agree with your assessment.. 

Still feel there more in the tank, but no one can criticise an opening game win against Celtic. Buzzing!!  But let's follow it up by pumping St Mirren next week! 

24 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Credit where credit is due although I would have liked him to make the change before they scored.

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Only saddos use wins as an excuse to have a go at our own supporters instead of celebrating.  No need.

I'm quite happy celebrating the win and reminding the trash that slag off the club at every opportunity that they're trash and your thoughts on that mean diddly****ingsquat to me. 

Have a nice night. 👍

OmiyaHearts

Credit to the manager and the team. Done what we had to do in the last 15 and made the right subs.

Considering the players we have and who were playing against, the performance doesn't matter when you get the win.

Robbie gets it tight (a lot from me) but I'm delighted for him tonight and hope he continues to prove me wrong.

The greatest manager of all time, and I've always said so 👀

Genuinely though - team selection was right, made subs to change our shape when it looked like Celtic were getting on top on the second half. As good a performance today as any of the players gave. 

23 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Was that your priority for posting after a fabulous win, Soapy’s goal and Gordon’s save? Really?

It worked tonight and credit to Robbie.

Not a fan of sitting deep and letting them have a go at us for most of the game but Beni was the difference and we handled them.

20 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

What a bizarre Post ! 

Pathetic post actually!

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

We've just won. Don't be an arse.  Didn't you understand me the first time?

:spoton:

Brick Tamland
6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm quite happy celebrating the win and reminding the trash that slag off the club at every opportunity that they're trash and your thoughts on that mean diddly****ingsquat to me. 

Have a nice night. 👍

This 

33 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I was raging when I seen it, "settling for a point" I said... so happy to be wrong 😁

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Credit where credit is due although I would have liked him to make the change before they scored.

Definitely should have made it earlier. Felt he got a bit lucky there. That Celtic offside goal could easily have stood and we'd have been chasing the game.

Got away with it though, thankfully.

13 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Have a nice night. 👍

Touche

2 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Definitely should have made it earlier. Felt he got a bit lucky there. That Celtic offside goal could easily have stood and we'd have been chasing the game.

Got away with it though, thankfully.

Agreed but we were due a bit of luck against that Mhanky mob! 🙂

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haring made the difference the imposter Halliday needs booted 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Thomaso said:

Agreed but we were due a bit of luck against that Mhanky mob! 🙂

How many times have we played well and then been the ones to lose that goal? By **** we deserved a break!

colinmaroon
37 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

And Haring looked more like his old self.

Key players made the difference.  Substitutions were inspired because they worked.  If we had lost 2-1 Robbie would be getting slaughtered.

Still not sure about the set up but credit where credit due,  tonight it gave us a result.

Have been critical of Bob in the past but tonight he got it right, Well done RN 👏 change of shape and subs were spot on late In the game, which resulted in us getting the win.

Hope we go to have a great season!

18 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Have a nice night. 👍