John Souttar

tartofmidlothian

Maybe it's just the confidence he engenders, but everyone around him seems to have raised their game since he's come back.

Top player, and looks like he's back to his best and loving it.

Absolutely strolled it. Some great tackles, sumptuous distribution, great goal. That other header that he almost scored with was very smart too. 

Pasquale for King

Good to hear Naismith has been working with him on his heading, paid off already and nearly scored another. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to hear Naismith has been working with him on his heading, paid off already and nearly scored another. 

Was just about to post about that - he mentioned it in his post match interview (but was difficult to hear 😁)

Naismith could be a great influence behind the scenes.

souttar is a top class player with fantastic attitude and professionalism.

emotional to see him back to that level after his injuries. 
let’s enjoy him while he’s with us. 

7 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Won’t see a better video all day….

Haring and souttar in that clip - wonderful sight to see both of them back and showing their class last night 

can see what it means to them all 

♥️

Portable Badger

Seen a few comments referencing Souttar’s post-match interview - I don’t have Sky.  Could someone post up the interview ?   Cheers in advance

tartofmidlothian

Could have had another stunning headed goal minutes earlier if he hadn't been denied by a great save.

We've known how good he is for a while, but I hope this is the season where he becomes a Hearts CB we talk about in the same way as Levein, Pressley, Zal or Berra in his prime. On the pitch, I mean.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Won’t see a better video all day….

Gnando looks so bored 😂😂

What a moment though, was right behind the goals for that one. 

10 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Seen a few comments referencing Souttar’s post-match interview - I don’t have Sky.  Could someone post up the interview ?   Cheers in advance

I watched it via a link someone posted on the match day thread last night - sorry! 
can anyone post it please? Cheers 

I ****ing love the guy. Brilliant defender, composed bringing the ball out and can find long passes that most CB's up here wouldn't think of attempting. 

9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Has to stop getting injured all the time first 

You think he means to get injured? 🤔 

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, topsport said:

Haring and souttar in that clip - wonderful sight to see both of them back and showing their class last night 

can see what it means to them all 

♥️

Thought this myself. Two of them have spent hours and hours in rehab together and it’s touching to see them both out there celebrating like that. 

1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

6 hours ago, Chaps said:

No one more than Soapy deserved that goal tonight.

F9E98BF0-0E17-46E1-A0D0-970E50916D5D.jpeg

I actually had a tear in my eye at that moment.

Get an extension agreed asap. We can't afford to delay that. Out of contract end of season and that performance alone will have peaked some interest. 

Should have been extended before a ball was kicked this season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, OTT said:

Get an extension agreed asap. We can't afford to delay that. Out of contract end of season and that performance alone will have peaked some interest. 

Should have been extended before a ball was kicked this season.

It’s a tough one because he’s been out for so long. If he thinks he’s back on the straight and narrow, he’ll either want a long deal from us or a free transfer next summer. I’d get him tied down but I can see why Savage might have thought it’s a bit of a risk

noticed at the end of the game he singled Naisy out when leaving the pitch, after seeing that interview it all makes sense now.

what a player

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, topsport said:

Was just about to post about that - he mentioned it in his post match interview (but was difficult to hear 😁)

Naismith could be a great influence behind the scenes.

souttar is a top class player with fantastic attitude and professionalism.

emotional to see him back to that level after his injuries. 
let’s enjoy him while he’s with us. 

Definitely 👍🏽

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Surely he'll sign a new contract after how well we've treated him during his injuries 

From his contract extensions and comments in the past I would surprised if he did not sign something, even if its ensure we get a fee for him at the end of the season. He seems very level headed and thankful for the support Hearts have given him.

He is a player whose career has been cruelly hampered by injuries, if he didn't have them I am certain he would be in the Premier League and first choice for Scotland. This season if he can keep going with that level of performance and doesn't have any bad injuries, I would imagine he would be off next summer.

But I am just enjoying him while we can.

Jambo 4 Ever
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

You think he means to get injured? 🤔 

Ofcourse not but he won’t make it in English premier league if he’s injury prone 

18 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

As per Bongos thread, it's not a coincidence that Halkett plays well when Soapy plays.

They complement each other.

The whole defence looks better with him in it.

Halkett is a decent player but not great, Kingsley is good but by no means a dominant centre back (Smith would be similar on the other side). I wouldn't mind seeing Popescu in there along with Souttar.

But take Souttar out of the equation and you're looking at a back line that you'd expect at a St Mirren or Livi. Decent but wouldn't inspire confidence.

Massively important we get another solid centre back to partner him but more importantly someone who could lead the back line if we lose John. Need a physical, dominant defensive option like a Berra in his day.