John Souttar

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot

The guy is class.

love the guy.

New contract.

Edited by Smith's right boot

He was unbelievable tonight! Didn’t feel like we were going to concede after his first half performance.

there was a moment in the first half where he put in two excellent tackles in the space of 10 seconds. showed his class. soo happy for him getting the winner

Just an all round brilliant player. Defensive ability, composure on the ball and a threat to score a goal. Absolutely delighted for him, he's been through so much. Really hope we can get him signed up to a new contract in the next few weeks.

Just now, Newton51 said:

Praying we get him signed on a new deal 

Yeah absolutely would hope he would be keen to repay the loyalty we've shown him. 

He is an absolute class act. Give him a six year deal as that will give him and hearts both security. The guy stays fit and he is the best defender in the country easily. 

Bazzas right boot

How is this fred dead.

The boy is brilliant.

If he's injury free for a year he's gone.

tackles, headers then you have the first touch and passing.

chuck in a late goal as well.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, thegreatsd said:

He is an absolute class act. Give him a six year deal as that will give him and hearts both security. The guy stays fit and he is the best defender in the country easily. 

This and if he's injured half the time we still have a great defender, only for half the time.

Heart of Darkness

Genuinely soooooo fookin happy for the guy getting the winner coz he is a winner much like how Andy Murray never gives up - awesome positive mindset 👊

I feel like nobody bothers to big him up because he's just so good that it doesn't feel necessary to do so. Head and shoulders above every player Celtic have

He is class in a glass. 
tremendous player, always has been and always will be (fingers crossed).  The winner was all about him. The lead up to the free kick and of course the goal. 
I hope he stays injury free and eventually gets the move he deserves. Brilliant player. 
the likes of Porteous could never lace his boots

8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I feel like nobody bothers to big him up because he's just so good that it doesn't feel necessary to do so. Head and shoulders above every player Celtic have

Tom English on Radio Scotland, said if Celtic spent £X million on their defender(s) how much is Souttar worth as he was by far the best defender (/player) on the pitch tonight. 

That tackle, then header/block on the ground late on in the second half would have mad Chiellini proud.

Heart of Darkness
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Tom English on Radio Scotland, said if Celtic spent £X million on their defender(s) how much is Souttar worth as he was by far the best defender (/player) on the pitch tonight. 

That tackle, then header/block on the ground late on in the second half would have mad Chiellini proud.

😍😍😍

Majestic performance by Soapy this evening, head & shoulders above anyone else on the field, apologies to CG.

We should cherish & enjoy him while we can, if he stays fit & performs like this consistently, we won't have him for much longer. 

Best cb we have had for many years but for those watching on sky sports berra comment that he could have the opportunity to move for hearts really annoyed me! We have supported this boy through injury after injury! Feel berra was quite bitter in his comment. 

22 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Just hope Angie didnt just see the answer to his defensive problems.

Don't be surprised if a £1m offer comes in.

Does my heid in this.  Why won't he and players like him extend their contracts? If Arsenal etc want them, they'll pony up and everybody wins.

Isn't it just selfish if they refuse to sign a decent contract within our wage bracket?

He is the best Scottish centre half by a country mile (I’m not including Tierney). He’s had shit luck but hopefully for club and country he can stay clear of injury. He’s a class act.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Brilliant on the ball will end up in premiership 

Has to stop getting injured all the time first 

4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Real class tonight. Levein was right.

Absolutely immense. We aren’t the same side without him in the defence. Just oozes class 

He isn’t afraid to get the ball down and play it as well. I thought he had a sixth sense positionally - he was everywhere in that game 

We are lucky to have him and it’s only because of his injuries, that we still have the privilege of watching him. 

PhoenixHearts

If a donkey like Harry Maguire can go for £80m I wonder how much Souttar would be worth if he was playing for a Championship side in the English leagues.

We need to get him signed long term so when he eventually does draw the eye of a Premier League club (he absolutely will at this rate) we can get every last penny. 

All these pretenders like McKenna or Porteous getting rated for big bucks yet Souttar is the only one who would actually be worth the price tag.

Bazzas right boot

As per Bongos thread, it's not a coincidence that Halkett plays well when Soapy plays.

They complement each other.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

As per Bongos thread, it's not a coincidence that Halkett plays well when Soapy plays.

They complement each other.

I think halkett can concentrate on his own game when soapy plays. 

No Idle Talk

Oh we've got Souttar at the back

Boycie in attack

Neilson's got us playing

Hearts are back.....

Aye ok. Leave me alane. Im just so bleeping happy tonight. 

Hoping he appreciates the lengths we have went rehabilitating him by signing a new deal with us and giving us the reward we deserve either with him playing for us for a long time or making sure we a financially compensated for our troubles  

he is some talent. 

Said it before. Rubbish player who would be a liability for anyone else. Probably best if he stays with us for rest of his career... 

I don't think you have to be an expert to realise how good he is. He literally strolls games and the mental strength to come back from so many injuries says it all ❤️

StirlingJambo

Fingers crossed he can go a full season injury free. Give him a new contract in November and let’s hope we can make funny money on him

5 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Best cb we have had for many years but for those watching on sky sports berra comment that he could have the opportunity to move for hearts really annoyed me! We have supported this boy through injury after injury! Feel berra was quite bitter in his comment. 

Thought exactly the same.

Hopefully Berra's last invitation to be after match summariser. Petrov gave more insight and spoke better English.