Halliday

NB GIN

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

My opinion of him remains the same. As a left wing back he has something to offer. As a central midfielder, no thanks.

Agreed, his best position is left back, but he looked so slow today, regardless. 

He was probably up till 2am last night streaming COD. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Forever Hearts

• Gordon Ramsay

• DS98

Pasquale for King

Absolutely anonymous today and seems to have gotten off lightly, squad player at best but no doubt will one of the first names on the team sheet next week. 

He’s shite…….he’s good…….he’s shite……he’s good…….he’s shite

upgotheheads

A utility player who is playing at about the right level for him. Good enough to be useful against any team except for the the arse-cheeks.

27 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can't remember the last time he actually tackled anyone which I thought was his thing

He actually got smashed a few times in a matter of minutes by Ralston (who has suddenly morphed into Cafu the last few weeks) 

Would be interesting to know the reason for Robbie giving him the hook at ht. Was it just to get Gino on or because he was so poor? If it’s the latter then you never know he might actually not start this weekend! 

57 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

A utility player who is playing at about the right level for him. Good enough to be useful against any team except for the the arse-cheeks.

I think this is right. We should be aiming a bit higher for our first choice 11 but he can play a few positions. I'd have started him yesterday as well though so not going to dig RN up about that. 

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He actually got smashed a few times in a matter of minutes by Ralston (who has suddenly morphed into Cafu the last few weeks) 

Would be interesting to know the reason for Robbie giving him the hook at ht. Was it just to get Gino on or because he was so poor? If it’s the latter then you never know he might actually not start this weekend! 

The substitution was the right move, however I was surprised it was Halliday instead of Haring. Not because I believe Haring should’ve been taken off (he shouldn’t) I was just surprised Neilson sacrificed Halliday instead. As others have mentioned he seems to be named somewhere, somehow on the team sheet. He has had a good start to the season, but Celtic aside we’ve not really faced massive tests yet, so I’m not sure Halliday should be anywhere near a first pick for the big games. (Granted he was decent in the win against Celtic, but again with him in midfield we were overrun with 80-20% possession and you could make most of our team that night who performed to a higher standard than him)

I honestly don't think he is a midfield enforcer which some keep telling us he is, he is better a bit further forward or at LWB but no good enough at any of them. He is a good finisher when the chance comes up though.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I honestly don't think he is a midfield enforcer which some keep telling us he is, he is better a bit further forward or at LWB but no good enough at any of them. He is a good finisher when the chance comes up though.

Squad player. Shouldn’t be in starting 11. 

17 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

My opinion of him remains the same. As a left wing back he has something to offer. As a central midfielder, no thanks.

I agree with this. He started out as a left winger at Livingston and his best games for Hearts have also been out wide left. I think the game passes him by a bit in central midfield.

Pasquale for King

Maybe wide left in a 442 with Ginnelly wide right, like we did with Prince or Djoum before is the only way he should start when everyone is fit. 

4 hours ago, Chaps said:

He’s an Aldi version of Scott Brown.

Your not suggesting Scott Brown is the sort of value found in M&S, Waitrose etc?

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think this is right. We should be aiming a bit higher for our first choice 11 but he can play a few positions. I'd have started him yesterday as well though so not going to dig RN up about that. 

I posted a team a before the game and Halliday was in it along with Haring and Benny, so I was certainly thinking the same way as Neilson. The only difference from my team and the starting line-up was Gnando up front with GMS on the bench, which, as it turns out, would have been Neilson's as well if Gnando had been available.