Halliday

NB GIN

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Is he a key player we couldn’t do without. NO

Could we get a player in who does what he does and a little bit more ?YES probably but at a cost.

Is he Pish ? NO most definitely not

Would I let him take a penalty or trust him with a one on one in a cup final against Rangers ? NO in all honesty I wouldn’t.

You seriously think he would deny himself a winner's medal because he supports Rangers?  Not a chance.  

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Forever Hearts

• Gordon Ramsay

• DS98

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You seriously think he would deny himself a winner's medal because he supports Rangers?  Not a chance.  

He’s created that doubt himself by his continued public pro Rangers stance whilst employed by Hearts.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Because he’s a true blue died in the wool Rangers fan born on the 12th and I wouldn’t want to have to test where his overriding loyalty lay.

You do realise that the majority of players in Scotland will support one of the Old Firm? They're also professional enough to put that support to one side and try their best for the club that pays their wages.

Quite frankly, your views are utterly ridiculous.  

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wouldn't trust you either .

I'll get over it. Your views mean less than nothing to me.👍

Auldbenches
Just now, JimmyCant said:

He’s created that doubt himself by his continued public pro Rangers stance whilst employed by Hearts.

I'm completely uncomfortable with his semi professional hunishness, but couldn't see him not wanting to score.  

I wouldn't give him the last minute penalty to take but would trust him to try and win.  

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You do realise that the majority of players in Scotland will support one of the Old Firm? They're also professional enough to put that support to one side and try their best for the club that pays their wages.

Quite frankly, your views are utterly ridiculous.  

Thanks. I’ll stand in the corner and have a word with myself 

3 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

Typical bigoted views regarding a quality player - not a clue on here

Yep, a cesspit of intolerance. Little wonder Andy likes Rangers better than us ☹️

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Like St Mirren did, that day? 

And there's 'supporting', and there's what Halliday is for Rangers. 

I deleted your last line. It's poor patter. I don't think that Halliday would underperform against Rangers, for the record. No reason to take that tone with folk discussing it though. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s not great, he’s recently proven not to be pish. If he left tomorrow I’d miss him as much as I miss Bozanic. 

Already scored more than Bozanic. He's definitely an upgrade 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, jamboj said:

Like St Mirren did, that day? 

And there's 'supporting', and there's what Halliday is for Rangers. 

I deleted your last line. It's poor patter. I don't think that Halliday would underperform against Rangers, for the record. No reason to take that tone with folk discussing it though. 

St Mirren was 35 years ago. Any more recent examples of professional players intentionally not trying against a club they support? 

And if somebody is saying a player would intentionally miss a penalty in a cup final or whatever because he supports their opponents, then for me, that is ridiculous.  

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s not great, he’s recently proven not to be pish. If he left tomorrow I’d miss him as much as I miss Bozanic. 

I think he’s of a level that he’s useful in the squad. Needs to improve if he’s ever going to hold down a place. In saying that, so far he seems to find a bit extra for Celtic and Hibs so that’s a plus point. 

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Already scored more than Bozanic. He's definitely an upgrade 

Don’t think that’s accurate. Ability-wise there’s not much in it. Both good left pegs, both give 100%. Unfortunately neither are particular good.

OB also scored a worldy at Easter Rd and the winner against Sevco in a quarter final.  

kingantti1874

100% effort every week, versatile.   I suspect some folk (not all) don’t like him becuase of who he supports and his politics - I couldn’t give a flying shite about those views or any fan who holds them. They are risible. 

We should Andy a new contract - night and day from the dross we’ve watched for years who don’t give a ****

Hilary Briss

Really liked his interview on Hearts World after the game on Sat. Wouldnt be doubting his commitment after watching that - or his performances this season for that matter. Some daft comments on here

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

St Mirren was 35 years ago. Any more recent examples of professional players intentionally not trying against a club they support? 

And if somebody is saying a player would intentionally miss a penalty in a cup final or whatever because he supports their opponents, then for me, that is ridiculous.  

Difference between not trying and being a bit conflicted in a key moment. I know id have a hard time scoring against hearts, whoever I played for. You enjoy your disbelief at others opinions tho, must be a wild life. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Difference between not trying and being a bit conflicted in a key moment. I know id have a hard time scoring against hearts, whoever I played for. You enjoy your disbelief at others opinions tho, must be a wild life. 

The notion that he'd intentionally miss a penalty against Rangers is utterly ridiculous. 

A Shoreditch Heart

The Si Ferry tv stuff is a little bit annoying, but I really like him as a player and thought he was one of the few positives from last season. He's started this campaign well and rangers let him go remember so he will be out prove himself against that lot and will be one of the most committed on the pitch - to suggest otherwise is just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

The notion that he'd intentionally miss a penalty against Rangers is utterly ridiculous. 

No one said he would. 

Hectormasson
8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s more likely Halliday will get himself sent off for lunging in. 

Keeps the head on Sunday,  easier said than done ?   Hope he keeps the cool but still plays hard , if that's at all possible for him.....🇱🇻🇶🇦💥

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, jamboj said:

No one said he would. 

"Would I let him take a penalty or trust him with a one on one in a cup final against Rangers ? NO in all honesty I wouldn’t"

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

"Would I let him take a penalty or trust him with a one on one in a cup final against Rangers ? NO in all honesty I wouldn’t"

At no point in that quote does it say he would deliberately miss. 

I wouldn't trust myself to take a penalty against Hearts. That doesn't mean I'd deliberately miss. 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, jamboj said:

I wouldn't trust myself to take a penalty against Hearts. That doesn't mean I'd deliberately miss. 

I'd say it's seriously questioning his professionalism, which is out of order and totally without foundation. 

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, jamboj said:

You know fine well what you're saying.

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Is he a key player we couldn’t do without. NO

Could we get a player in who does what he does and a little bit more ?YES probably but at a cost.

Is he Pish ? NO most definitely not

Would I let him take a penalty or trust him with a one on one in a cup final against Rangers ? NO in all honesty I wouldn’t.

You're saying he would miss on purpose? C'mon JC, you know better than that.

22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd say it's seriously questioning his professionalism, which is out of order and totally without foundation. 

"The notion that he'd intentionally miss a penalty against Rangers is utterly ridiculous"

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, jamboj said:

"The notion that he'd intentionally miss a penalty against Rangers is utterly ridiculous"

Correct.👍

Baffles me that he gets a hard time. We went from wage thief ***** like Glenn Whelan and Loic Damour, who got us relegated without giving a ****. To Andy Halliday who always gives 100% and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I really like him.

heartsfc_fan
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Baffles me that he gets a hard time. We went from wage thief ***** like Glenn Whelan and Loic Damour, who got us relegated without giving a ****. To Andy Halliday who always gives 100% and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I really like him.

This

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I really like him.

This. Glenn Whelan, epitomised everything wrong with the club during that time. 

7 hours ago, jamboj said:

Penalty against Rangers, he scores, Celtic win the league, he misses, it's Rangers title.

What do you think now?

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Penalty against Rangers, he scores, Celtic win the league, he misses, it's Rangers title.

What do you think now?

I was quoting someone else. I'm on the other side of this argument 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What do you think now?

13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg

15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You know fine well what you're saying.

You're saying he would miss on purpose? C'mon JC, you know better than that.

You can often determine the credibility of such nonsense by just looking at who said it. 

Ted Hastings

Genuine question, have the folk who are complaining about his side gig as a ‘professional rangers fan’ actually watched / listened to the podcast? He has by far the most balanced views of the four of them and is clearly very knowledgable of the game and of the league. Doesn’t come across as a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination and talks very highly of hearts.

He’s also a left sided, versatile and hard working player who gives us a goal threat from midfield and gives 100% every game. 

Baffling that folk dislike him so much. 

4 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Genuine question, have the folk who are complaining about his side gig as a ‘professional rangers fan’ actually watched / listened to the podcast? He has by far the most balanced views of the four of them and is clearly very knowledgable of the game and of the league. Doesn’t come across as a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination and talks very highly of hearts.

He’s also a left sided, versatile and hard working player who gives us a goal threat from midfield and gives 100% every game. 

Bang on Ted, i actually like him and think he is a decent option in the squad that can cover a number of positions.

I think people have short memories given some of the dross we had in midfield the season before last (Damour, Clare, Bozanic, Langer etc).

Keep it up Andy 👏

BackOfTheNet

Wasn’t any more a headless chicken than the defence was. Not going to lay blame at his feet, however I struggled to tell what his position was. Anchor? Additional CB when defending? LB? LM?

PhoenixHearts
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wasn’t any more a headless chicken than the defence was. Not going to lay blame at his feet, however I struggled to tell what his position was. Anchor? Additional CB when defending? LB? LM?

Think it was just a flat midfield three with Haring and Beni.

532 or 352 depending on who you ask about wing backs.

Lack of footballing ability is there for all to see. Unfortunately ‘putting a shift in’ just doesn’t quite cut it in these games. 

Wasn’t the only one who was bad today, how GMS lasted the 90 is incredible. 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Think it was just a flat midfield three with Haring and Beni.

532 or 352 depending on who you ask about wing backs.

Yeah, I think that’s what it was meant to be. He kinda got himself “about a bit”, which I suppose is what people said they like about him. But it wasn’t as clear where he was playing as it was for Baningime and Haring, shall we say.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 10/08/2021 at 12:42, Ted Hastings said:

I don't dislike the lad at all. He talks a lot of sense on that podcast.

I did find his fanboying of Italy at the euros a bit cringe though... 

It’s the one game you’d expect him to be at his best at.

Whole team wasn’t at it first half 

Thats on the manager AND them