Halliday

NB GIN

OmiyaHearts

There is a meeting this morning at Hampden and Madden will be asked if he seen the Halliday tackle 'in its entirety'.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Forever Hearts

• Gordon Ramsay

• DS98

You have to wonder why some folk actually pretend to support a club, a massively positive result and have to counter with a negative input, Halliday type player is needed in every team, Another notch on the Boo boys bedpost, my opinion of course.

Brighton Jambo
On 01/08/2021 at 01:22, NB GIN said:

Did you nor see the difference when haring appeared 

Your point would be a lot more valid if Haring replaced Halliday, he didn’t, he replaced GMS because we were being overrun having only two in midfield.  So for 70 minutes Halliday alongside a new starter had played a huge part in keeping Celtic at bay despite being outnumbered for the whole game.

He played well, he does the dirty, ugly stuff that every team needs, he runs his socks off and he provides the manager with tactical versatility.  He’s a good player who we need. 

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Some planks on here cannot see past Halliday's Rangers link and his Podcasts. 

I prefer to judge him on what he does for us. 

On Saturday he never hid, got stuck in, worked well with Beni, gave 100%, and banjoed McGregor.

He isn't the most technically gifted but he does a job and that's fine by me. 

Hard to argue with this to be honest. Absolutely does the under appreciated dirty work that you need against Celtic and Rangers. If we are being honest those two have far better international players all over the park regardless of form. Players that can hurt you so initially imo you have to make it a scrap in midfield to stop them settling. I thought our midfield did that. Haring up till now has been a bit hot and cold so unless he is fully back to his best I can see why Robbie sticks Halliday in there. On that note with Beni coming in and haring playing well it looks like we have some good competition for that role and hopefully they will all raise there game. 

Good yard off the pace on Saturday imo. Seemed reluctant to stick with his man. Maybe unsure who he was meant to be marking. 

Beni and Haring both showed him what he was meant to be doing, breaking up play and passing it on. Did he even do it once ?

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Good yard off the pace on Saturday imo. Seemed reluctant to stick with his man. Maybe unsure who he was meant to be marking. 

Don't think he was man marking anyone, they were covering an area and mostly outnumbered so both him and Baningimen done a great job in there.

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Beni and Haring both showed him what he was meant to be doing, breaking up play and passing it on. Did he even do it once ?

He broke up play twice, when he went down injured 😏.

Surely Haring and Beni for the St.Mirren game. 

14 minutes ago, make a noise said:

Don't think he was man marking anyone, they were covering an area and mostly outnumbered so both him and Baningimen done a great job in there.

Agreed and he can thank Craig Gordon for the worldie near the end of the game. 

12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Agreed and he can thank Craig Gordon for the worldie near the end of the game. 

I think we can all thank Gordon for the worldie at the end of the game.👍

Dennis Reynolds
52 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I guess I’m in the minority by thinking that that was never a red card ? Yellow all day long but I just don’t see it as a red. 

It was never a red card. Pretty shocked so many non-celtic fans seem to think it was. It was a bad tackle worthy of a booking but that's it.

May one-six
On 01/08/2021 at 10:40, Oxford City said:

Yes. in the second half some people moved down to Section S lower (where we were) in order, it appears, to be near the Celtic subs who they proceeded to 'treat' to a load of irrelevant nonsense.  A couple of them were removed by the stewards.

A couple more who remained were yelling at Halliday near the end  to move about more. He had a go back. Nothing serious but it was all a bit Michael Stewart-esque.

I'm not Halliday's biggest fan, but this is ridiculous. By all means shout at him when he's on the pitch, but leave it there. Shouting at him when he's sitting in the sand is beyond the pale, especially if you're aged over 14.

Ainsley Harriott
23 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

McEneff and Haring should be in before Halliday imo.

Agree seems like Robbie has a strange need to always start him ahead of better players. Boys a liability 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I'm not Halliday's biggest fan, but this is ridiculous. By all means shout at him when he's on the pitch, but leave it there. Shouting at him when he's sitting in the sand is beyond the pale, especially if you're aged over 14.

Hallway was never in the stand. He played the whole game.

May one-six
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Hallway was never in the stand. He played the whole game.

That's true 😀. Crack on with the abuse, then 👍

Auldbenches
21 minutes ago, make a noise said:

I think we can all thank Gordon for the worldie at the end of the game.👍

They said in Saturday's off the ball that it's a disgrace that a player of Craig Gordon's quality had to spend a season outside the top flight. 

Don't know if down ti the shite we've had, but he seems to get better. 

Another couple of seasons out of him as well.  Brilliant.

He's the reason we'll be alright this season.  

Gordon Ramsay

He's just not good enough to be a starter.

Useful addition from the bench if we're under pressure though. 

Rick Sanchez

It took Halliday to show them how press them properly. I'm sure his hatred of Celtic had something to do with it but still :laugh:

PhoenixHearts
On 01/08/2021 at 08:12, Chaps said:

Haters gonna hate 

E23349FF-0FAE-45B1-8FE8-82375BF7A1EE.jpeg

Found this a bit odd if I'm being honest😅 like who was it aimed at?

He did know there was no away fans in the stadium right? No shit you can't hear them singing🥴

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Found this a bit odd if I'm being honest😅 like who was it aimed at?

He did know there was no away fans in the stadium right? No shit you can't hear them singing🥴

I took it as him saying let's hear it.

alwaysthereinspirit
40 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Pretty much a red in my book. Glad he never got one, obviously! 

Some on here probably wish he did.

Weird behavior.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I guess I’m in the minority by thinking that that was never a red card ? Yellow all day long but I just don’t see it as a red. 

Weird that he never got a yellow though.

PhoenixHearts
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I took it as him saying let's hear it.

Ah fair enough, makes sense. Just thought it looked like the kind of thing you'd do to wind up the away support after putting them to bed.

40 minutes ago, May one-six said:

When did that happen?

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, May one-six said:

In the sand with his pale. 😎

Wish Neilson would dig him out the starting eleven.

Not good enough for the SPL, even struggled in the championship especially when played in the middle of the park.

I thought Halliday did well. Not as well as Beni but then he was outstanding. It was 2 v 3 in the middle of the park for 70 minutes so the midfield was always going to be up against it. He also covered a ridiculous amount of ground and was a constant motivator.

He was fortunate with the challenge on McGreggor, he also took a shocker form Sorrow. Hearts only conceded 4 fouls in the game which shows the overall discipline was exceptional.

Hearts fans seem to need a hate figure, Halliday is the target just now.

It's very reassuring to learn that we managed to beat Celtic on their opening match (not happened since 1997) whilst playing with only 10 men. I failed to notice that at the game. Just imagine our stroll to win the SPL this season when we start fielding 11 men. Cannae wait. 😀

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, andydog said:

I thought Halliday did well. Not as well as Beni but then he was outstanding. It was 2 v 3 in the middle of the park for 70 minutes so the midfield was always going to be up against it. He also covered a ridiculous amount of ground and was a constant motivator.

He was fortunate with the challenge on McGreggor, he also took a shocker form Sorrow. Hearts only conceded 4 fouls in the game which shows the overall discipline was exceptional.

It was noticeable to me that the Hearts players weren't diving in to challenges to make it easy for Celtic to win free kicks into our box. I thought it showed great discipline and defensive skill to match any moves made by individual Celtic players, forcing them to play it backwards a lot of the time. The only real complaint from me would be the time and space Turnbull was given. He was the one causing us problems until, surprisingly, taken off.

alwaysthereinspirit
35 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It was noticeable to me that the Hearts players weren't diving in to challenges to make it easy for Celtic to win free kicks into our box. I thought it showed great discipline and defensive skill to match any moves made by individual Celtic players, forcing them to play it backwards a lot of the time. The only real complaint from me would be the time and space Turnbull was given. He was the one causing us problems until, surprisingly, taken off.

Good call, Celtic went backwards more times than I can remember for a long time.

They're no different than most teams when struggling to break down a opponent. Bain had more pass backs to him than Gordon did. Granted they had more ball possession than us but it still isn’t what we’re used to with them. Think the manager will struggle here. Doubt he’ll be given much time with the entitlement that fan base believe is due them. 

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's very reassuring to learn that we managed to beat Celtic on their opening match (not happened since 1997) whilst playing with only 10 men. I failed to notice that at the game. Just imagine our stroll to win the SPL this season when we start fielding 11 men. Cannae wait. 😀

One of the worst Celtic teams I can remember. 

6 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Nope he is utter gash I cannot for the life of me understand why he gets picked 

One of the first midfielders I have seen 

100% useless 

Just now, NB GIN said:

One of the first midfielders I have seen 

100% useless 

Worst not first 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

One of the worst midfielders I have seen 

100% useless 

tenor (2).gif

He’s not good. Nothing against him, he seems a decent guy but he just doesn’t bring enough to the table to be a starter for us. 100% keep him as a squad player. 

If we want to be challenging for Europe and cups then we need better than Andy Halliday.

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Absolutely no chance he’s playing this weekend 

Retrospective 2 game  ban incoming NAP

The ref saw the ‘incident’ and called a foul. Can he be punished retrospectively in that circumstance?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The ref saw the ‘incident’ and called a foul. Can he be punished retrospectively in that circumstance?

Very Definitely, if he had been booked at the time, no further action could have been taken 

6 hours ago, andydog said:

it’s only the usual token few on here tbf.  The high majority of supporters don’t dislike his play and appreciate his contributions. I’ve said before I’d be surprised if any player bothers reading these forums, and even more surprised if they give a toss what a handful of folk say about them.  

31 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Very Definitely, if he had been booked at the time, no further action could have been taken 

Thanks for clarifying. It seems I wrongly assumed that calling a foul and not carding him at the time meant that was it over. 

On 31/07/2021 at 21:16, NB GIN said:

This guy is utter utter rank I cannot understand why he continues to play him. Would be as well playing with 10 men 

was he not MoM a couple of weeks ago? 🤔

Edited by Thomaso

9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Some planks on here cannot see past Halliday's Rangers link and his Podcasts. 

I prefer to judge him on what he does for us. 

On Saturday he never hid, got stuck in, worked well with Beni, gave 100%, and banjoed McGregor.

He isn't the most technically gifted but he does a job and that's fine by me. 

My thoughts entirely!

PhoenixHearts
34 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Should shut a few up with that…

All it does is confirm to me he's more effective on the left... 😗