Halliday

NB GIN

This guy is utter utter rank I cannot understand why he continues to play him. Would be as well playing with 10 men 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Forever Hearts

• Gordon Ramsay

• DS98

Adam Cameron

All opinions but that's a poor take.  Can't single out anyone for being worse than another at the moment.  Again only an opinion but it's a tactical issue.  So outnumbered in midfield

6 minutes ago, Adam Cameron said:

All opinions but that's a poor take.  Can't single out anyone for being worse than another at the moment.  Again only an opinion but it's a tactical issue.  So outnumbered in midfield

Heeees pish 

Really think he gets a hard time. If you look at start of game he probably expended too much energy covering others which meant he was tired later on. 

3fingersreid

Does the dirty work , gets stuck in and never hides can’t find much fault in that .

Malinga the Swinga

Never hid, won share of tackles and does the dirty work tracking back.

Would be great if we could afford fantastic midfielders but we can't and he will do until we get better in.

Absolute Scenes

What a stupid looking thread 😂😂 gets far far too much stick others done. Was solid today and folk need to accept he’s our player

What are people actually expecting from Halliday? He's not Zidane ffs. He put in a good shift, took a couple of knocks but never went hiding.

Jean Louis Valois

Give it a rest. Halliday was one of our best players tonight, can't understand why he gets such a hard time. Oh yeh, he used to play for Rangers.

Don't see him as first choice. Good to have in the squad though. I can't understand the ott criticism from hearts fans.

Agree with the OP, Halliday is our weak link in midfield. If we are to be around 4th/5th he needs to be replaced. A decent squad filler at the very best.

2 minutes ago, mre said:

Be better with a halibut in midfield, tries but absolute murder. 

You’re codding us on surely. Neilson will get a tuna out of him. 

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Give it a rest. Halliday was one of our best players tonight, can't understand why he gets such a hard time. Oh yeh, he used to play for Rangers.

He was chronic.

Saw him three times.

Twice when he was getting treatment.

Like playing with ten men. 

22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Never hid, won share of tackles and does the dirty work tracking back.

Would be great if we could afford fantastic midfielders but we can't and he will do until we get better in.

Haters gonna hate MtS ,sometimes the wanting to hate overtakes the want to like whatever the guy does? 
Imo, I think you post hits the nail bang on the head👏🏻

Sky highlighting his foul on McGregor and Berra saying it was a red... we could well see him out the team for a game or two if the compliance officer gets involved.

£30 on him to get booked and to be fair he couldn't have complained if he'd got a red card. What a tosser of  a referee.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

This guy is utter utter rank I cannot understand why he continues to play him. Would be as well playing with 10 men 

Absolutely clueless.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He was chronic.

Saw him three times.

Twice when he was getting treatment.

Like playing with ten men. 

garbage 

Not Hallidays biggest fan but I thought he played well tonight and offered us a little bite in midfield, he's behind beni and Haring in the pecking order though imo, decent player to have in the  squad though.

Savage Vince
37 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Really think he gets a hard time. If you look at start of game he probably expended too much energy covering others which meant he was tired later on. 

When we were reverting to a back 5 during their lengthy periods of possession he was covering the middle of the park chasing lost causes. I'm not his biggest fan but his effort tonight was fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Sky highlighting his foul on McGregor and Berra saying it was a red... we could well see him out the team for a game or two if the compliance officer gets involved.

Can that happen? Ref saw it and gave a foul...

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

When I was watching Berra getting sucked into the post-match analysis and him saying it’s a definite Red, I can only conclude that Halliday will be receiving an offer from the Compliance Officer early next week.

He’s alright tbh, wouldn’t start him every week but he’s pretty decent cover for a team pushing for Europe, a bit like Halkett

kingantti1874
Just now, One five said:

He was lucky not to be given a red card tonight.

It was a fine challenge. Could have been  awarded a medal but unfortunately didn’t cripple the ****. You need players who will do this on occasion. 

2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Can that happen? Ref saw it and gave a foul...

Good point and I think you’re right. No further punishment I reckon. It wasn’t a red either. Berra acting like a jilted woman. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It was a fine challenge. Could have been  awarded a medal but unfortunately didn’t cripple the ****. You need players who will do this on occasion. 

Nope it was a foul simple as 

Broon would have made sure Halliday was sent off for that

See Halliday as the new Kenny Black

Didnt think he too bad tonight tbh

5 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Not me, anyway. Anyone else? 

It was in the last 10 mins towards the main stand at the Gorgie end. It was like someone had shouted abuse at him and he retaliated 

Thought he had a decent enough game myslef. Maybe it looked different on the TV

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

BRAVEHEART1874

Untill harring came on we just could not keep possesion and should have changed it earlier. Halliday is better at trying to get forward creating rather than blocking passes. I dont think he had a great game, beni on the other hand :)

Was surprised he didn't get booked for that challenge. In fact no bookings the entire game!

He did fine though he did seem a bit slow. He isn't the long term answer.

Would rather Haring + Beni if it's a duo.

I like him, has a bit of bite, never say die attitude. Took a number of hits tonight but you just knew he would be there till the end.  We have had some soft arseholes in centre mid recently so I enjoy him in there. Good to have options now.

heartsfc_fan
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Disagree completely.  No world beater but 100% effort, a bit of nastiness, versatile 

This.

He was fine this evening.

Contributed to our win.

loveofthegame
49 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Does the dirty work , gets stuck in and never hides can’t find much fault in that .

I agree. He’s a decent player and guy to have around the squad. Not classy but gives his all. We’ve had far worse.