“Best fans in the world”

BM1874

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are a weird, uptight, bunch.

I see a wide range of beliefs on here when it comes to politics but i accept they are still Hearts fans and that's it.

But for that lot, it seems you don't just support celtic, you are signing up for a whole set of beliefs and opinions and it is entwined in the football team. I have never looked on Kerrydale St or whatever but i bet there is no voices raising their hand to say "you know, i think we should be proud to wear a poppy each year".

I had a look on that kerrydale St for the first time and one of the first comments on a thread about the result was. "Id be even more angry about the result but Ireland will be united in 10 years so it's not all bad". Something along those lines anyway. I found it an extremely weird thing to say after a defeat in a football match. I do wonder if he/she/it would have made that remark after a defeat from say Livingston for example 🤔

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Auldbenches

• Savage Vince

• sadj

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Nah, not for me. When was the trouble you witnessed at a home game against Rangers? Considering it was the worst you've ever witnessed, I'm sure we'll all be aware of it.

1987ish. Couldn't get out of ibrox for bricks and bottles. We had the whole Broomloan stand that day,but after the game there were women, kids and old folk getting battered. A horrible day. We also lost.

Return game at Tynecastle was a poisonous atmosphere and they took a helluva beating after the game.

Also the abandoned game at ibrox in the last Championship season. Horrible.

Treat them both the same.

Hagar the Horrible

Ones a question and the other is my thoughts:  Did the green brigade, turn up en-mass at Tynecastle by BUS (a) as a protest? (b) intent on storming the ground as per England fans? (c) got chased out of Mcleod St by 2 dads?  (d) stupidly turned up at the diggers and got chased away?  (e) escored along Dalry Rd by the police, stuck on a train back to Glasgow, after bricking it? (f) is the Bus still there?

My point is how can Hearts justify selling tickets to these people who turned up at a game without tickets against all covid regulations, wearing balaclavas to support terrorism, and we sell them tickets? that is totally irresposible, have Celtic came out and condemed their behavour on Saturday....err No, is it going to get worse, errr yes

So the GB will think twice about turning up at Tynie when there is a full house of Herats fans, not 2 hours before a game with a small crowd, and got owned. 

We turned Tynecastle into a very uncomfortable cauldron that celtic did not cope with, and 3 points was the result, that and previous games has the same result.  that was with 25%, a full house of Hearts fans is just wow.  Just give them 1 section not including the lower section, you wont hear a peep.

Celtic and their fans bring out the worst in Hearts, they goad, goad and victimidate and then complain,  did that happen on Saturday?..no,  Rangers dont bring out the worst in us, and I dont care why?  they do bring out the worst in Hibs and Abersheep.  But despite that:

the 3 points are worth far more than the green and/or blue pound, I will remember that result for ever, the money would have just been spent and cash has no memory

Rogue Daddy
16 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

I had a look on that kerrydale St for the first time and one of the first comments on a thread about the result was. "Id be even more angry about the result but Ireland will be united in 10 years so it's not all bad". Something along those lines anyway. I found it an extremely weird thing to say after a defeat in a football match. I do wonder if he/she/it would have made that remark after a defeat from say Livingston for example 🤔

🤣🤣... from a team that plays in Scotland... and wants to play in England! Fecking trumpets!

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Ones a question and the other is my thoughts: 

(f) is the Bus still there?

Just had this image of the bus sitting there all weekend with the driver drumming his fingers waiting for his passengers, taking a hotel to comply with drivers' hours and sending the total bill to the bus organiser :lol: 

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

They have sang all sectarian shite we hate Celtic for.  

Why give them a whole end when they give us the minimal allocation possible.  

We should treat rangers like they treat us.  

Correct.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, pablo said:

That's rubbish. I'm not in any way defending Rangers. Nor if it was up to me, would I choose to be exposed to their ridiculous sash bash.

But, Rangers fans do not mob up and attack Hearts pubs, generally set about random people, spit at ball boys, storm food kiosks or sing songs about setting us on fire......

From where I am sitting, you are doing a fine job defending Sevco.

Like many Hearts supporters on here and not on here I am a veteran of 50yrs attending games against both of Scotland's shame.

For me the only difference in them is one set wear mainly Green and White and the other Blue, Red, and White.

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

From where I am sitting, you are doing a fine job defending Sevco.

Like many Hearts supporters on here and not on here I am a veteran of 50yrs attending games against both of Scotland's shame.

For me the only difference in them is one set wear mainly Green and White and the other Blue, Red, and White.

Behave.  All I'm saying is that Rangers fans don't cause as much trouble at Tynecastle as Celtic fans do. Nothing else. And anyone that says different is quite frankly lying.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

In 1980-something one tried to punch me on Gorgie Road after a match where we won. That’s enough reason for me, without going into their overt sectarianism as well. 

Oh, and one of them swung for one of my mates when we were changing ends at Tynecastle in 1973. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣... from a team that plays in Scotland... and wants to play in England! Fecking trumpets!

They will never play in England and they know it. It hurts them badly

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, pablo said:

Behave.  All I'm saying is that Rangers fans don't cause as much trouble at Tynecastle as Celtic fans do. Nothing else. And anyone that says different is quite frankly lying.

You must look at them with both your eyes closed and listen to them with your ears closed too.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You must look at them with both your eyes closed and listen to them with your ears closed too.

Can you list the damage Rangers fans have caused at Tynecastle? Did they smash seats? Attack kiosk staff? Wreck the toilets? Pelt the ball boys with coins? 

Chizmeister

Treat the rangers as they treat us, a small section surrounded by hostile home fans. Sadly some of our support share the same bigoted views as these cretins and consider them allies, hence the tag 'mini huns' which boils my piss frankly

No I don't. I can't stand Rangers or their bigotry. Once more, all I've said is that when they visit us, they don't cause as much trouble as Celtic fans. I can't even see how this is up for debate if you're comparing home games against either of them objectively?

8 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Treat the rangers as they treat us, a small section surrounded by hostile home fans. Sadly some of our support share the same bigoted views as these cretins and consider them allies, hence the tag 'mini huns' which boils my piss frankly

:spoton:

maroonlegions
On 31/07/2021 at 19:18, Jeff said:

Unban the youth team Ann!

Celtic not only allow the green hoody thugs but do feck all about it. While Ann BANS our young team for fecking singing , choiring a drum and being too fecking noisy ...

:jj_facepalm:

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, pablo said:

That's rubbish. I'm not in any way defending Rangers. Nor if it was up to me, would I choose to be exposed to their ridiculous sash bash.

But, Rangers fans do not mob up and attack Hearts pubs, generally set about random people, spit at ball boys, storm food kiosks or sing songs about setting us on fire......

At least  after a rangers visit ,it seems you can walk from the ground to haymarket and beyond without any bother  done the walk a good few times and haven't seen any bother,  not saying  their fans are angels ,but not in the same category as celtic , bother everytime Celtic .fans get near hearts , always has been going back decades, and it won't change......

John Findlay
45 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Can you list the damage Rangers fans have caused at Tynecastle? Did they smash seats? Attack kiosk staff? Wreck the toilets? Pelt the ball boys with coins? 

Smash seats tick

Pelt ball boys with coins/missiles tick.

That's OK it makes them better than the other lot.

Forever Hearts and Pablo. Let me make myself clear here.

I have found no difference whatsoever between the Celtic and Sevco supports.

I have had dealings with them both at Celtic Park, Hampden, Ibrox and Tynecastle. 

In my eyes they are both the stain on the underpants of society. 

Scottish authorities, as in Government, police and footballing authorities should have dealt with them both decades ago.

It's to Scotland's shame that it hasn't had the guts to do so.

Auldbenches
48 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Some are saying they aren't bothered by their songs.  They must surely be pissed off that it is keeping some Hearts fans and their kids away from these games? 

Why give the old firm a bigger percentage of tickets that they give us? 

They would never dilute the advantage they get from having fewer of their own fans at games.  

Time for us just to do what they do to us.  

Auldbenches
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd rather not listen to it but songs don't bother me. The stuff I listed does bother me and Rangers fans (at Tynecastle) don't indulge in it. 

Does it not bother you that these songs are keeping Hearts fans away from these games as they don't want their kids to experience sectarianism? 

Folk would understand if this was racism so there is no difference.  

It's keeping our own fans away and that's enough to find it from our stadium.  

No Idle Talk
43 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Not just your piss.

That old stereotype of Hearts/Rangers and Hibs/Celtic being 'friends' 'cousins' 'allies' - whatever way you want to word it - does my nut in. 

Both halves of the Old Firm have fanbases who behave despicably in their own ways. We can all choose which songbook offends us more but, big picture, neither of them are pleasant and I do not care for Heart of Midlothian football club or Hearts fans being seen as being favourable towards one or the other. A plague on both their houses. That's the stance that should be taken.

As far as banning them from Tynecastle goes, I would never be in favour of a total ban. For the simple reason that the inevitable response from the two Glasgow clubs would be to stop selling tickets to Hearts fans for matches at Ibrox or Parkhead. Some Hearts fans really want to attend these matches and would then be precluded from doing so. I would never view that as a positive. I would however be perfectly happy to see both halves of the Old Firm have their allocations at Tynecastle slashed to the same percentage level that we receive from them. The only problem with that comes when you have both Hearts fans and Rangers/Celtic fans in the Roseburn Stand and you have to maintain security. But that is something that could ultimately be done if there was a will to do so.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Does it not bother you that these songs are keeping Hearts fans away from these games as they don't want their kids to experience sectarianism? 

Folk would understand if this was racism so there is no difference.  

It's keeping our own fans away and that's enough to find it from our stadium.  

Nope, it's a few songs for 90 minutes and it certainly didn't stop me or thousands of other Hearts fans taking their kids. This is a classic example of the snowflake generation. 

"Going to the game today?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because the away fans sing songs that I don't like"

Ffs grow a pair. As unpalatable as the songs are, they've never damaged anybody and never will damage anybody. It's a SONG. 

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Smash seats tick

I have had dealings with them both at Celtic Park, Hampden, Ibrox and Tynecastle. 

Scottish authorities, as in Government, police and footballing authorities should have dealt with them both decades ago.

So they haven't? Cheers.👍

Auldbenches
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Nope, it's a few songs for 90 minutes and it certainly didn't stop me or thousands of other Hearts fans taking their kids. This is a classic example of the snowflake generation. 

"No"

"Why not?"

Ffs grow a pair. As unpalatable as the songs are, they've never damaged anybody and never will damage anybody. It's a SONG. 

Maybe just a sing to you but to others is a celebration of sectarianism.  Would you feel the same about racist songs? 

If it's keeping any Hearts fan away, then it shouldn't be accepted. 

No excuses for racist or sectarian songs in this day and age.  

Nothing to do with snowflakes, just fans wanting all that shite out of our game. 

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

"No"

"Why not?"

These songs don't lead to any damage at all?  

It's not just a song, it's the hate it breeds for no reason.   

Let them sing them at their grounds.  

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

These songs don't lead to any damage at all?  

It's not just a song, it's the hate it breeds for no reason.   

Let them sing them at their grounds.  

The way he defends all things Sevco, you would think he was a fan of theirs.

giphy.gif

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

What makes you say that..? 

On the topic of Celtic vs Rangers fans I can only speak on personal experience. One of my earliest memories of going to the football was coming out of the main stand at 4 years old and being met with rabid celtic fans coming out of the Roseburn squaring up on McLeod Street to a bunch of Hearts pensioners, my mum pulled me away sharpish.

Also have a clear memory of trying to get to our car on the other side of them whilst the barriers were up, sitting and waiting whilst they chucked bottles over the barriers when i was about 10. Their actions during the infamous John Wilson game were also the most deplorable scenes i've ever seen from an away support. 

I wasn't at Ibrox during the Championship season so can't comment on that and concede that I may be objectively wrong on the matter, but for me Celtic fans are far and away the worst fans I have ever seen at Tynecastle, It isn't even close

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

"No"

"Why not?"

Dad? 

Aye what is it son?

Why  do you love to wear the sash your father wore?

I guess at 8yrs old your old enough to know what an orange man and a fenian are. 

What are they dad?

Well we are orangeman, protestants, proddies and we hate fenlans catholics

and orangemen wear sashes and one day so will you son. Its time I started teaching you the words to the sash.

In another household another 8yr old boy is learning the words to, we are off to Dublin in the Green.......

Songs are harmless, those of us who don't want these songs sung at football grounds are snowflakes(pissing myself laughing at that one), as we see the hate they Foster.

Some people's IQs are lower than their shoe size.

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

I'd love to be a Sevco moon howler like you and the others. It looks so cool and different.  

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dad? 

Aye what is it son?

Why  do you love to wear the sash your father wore?

I guess at 8yrs old your old enough to know what an orange man and a fenian are. 

What are they dad?

Well we are orangeman, protestants, proddies and we hate fenlans catholics

and orangemen wear sashes and one day so will you son. Its time I started teaching you the words to the sash.

In another household another 8yr old boy is learning the words to, we are off to Dublin in the Green.......

Songs are harmless, those of us who don't want these songs sung at football grounds are snowflakes(pissing myself laughing at that one), as we see the hate they Foster.

Some people's IQs are lower than their shoe size.

It's a song. I take it you couldn't face going to football matches in days gone by because of a song? Were Scotland v England games too much for you? 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I'd love to be a Sevco moon howler like you and the others. It looks so cool and different.  

:cornette_dog:

Your reply makes absolutely no sense.

Everyone can see you defend Sevco and their scummy fans to the hilt while sticking the boot into Hearts at any opportunity. 👍

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Everyone can see you defend Sevco and their scummy fans to the hilt while sticking the boot into Hearts at any opportunity. 👍

"Everyone" 😂

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

* Ok, except for a few like minded Orcs.

Go back to your moon howling. There's a good Sevconian. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Ones a question and the other is my thoughts:  Did the green brigade, turn up en-mass at Tynecastle by BUS (a) as a protest? (b) intent on storming the ground as per England fans? (c) got chased out of Mcleod St by 2 dads?  (d) stupidly turned up at the diggers and got chased away?  (e) escored along Dalry Rd by the police, stuck on a train back to Glasgow, after bricking it? (f) is the Bus still there?

My point is how can Hearts justify selling tickets to these people who turned up at a game without tickets against all covid regulations, wearing balaclavas to support terrorism, and we sell them tickets? that is totally irresposible, have Celtic came out and condemed their behavour on Saturday....err No, is it going to get worse, errr yes

So the GB will think twice about turning up at Tynie when there is a full house of Herats fans, not 2 hours before a game with a small crowd, and got owned. 

We turned Tynecastle into a very uncomfortable cauldron that celtic did not cope with, and 3 points was the result, that and previous games has the same result.  that was with 25%, a full house of Hearts fans is just wow.  Just give them 1 section not including the lower section, you wont hear a peep.

Celtic and their fans bring out the worst in Hearts, they goad, goad and victimidate and then complain,  did that happen on Saturday?..no,  Rangers dont bring out the worst in us, and I dont care why?  they do bring out the worst in Hibs and Abersheep.  But despite that:

the 3 points are worth far more than the green and/or blue pound, I will remember that result for ever, the money would have just been spent and cash has no memory

I missed the bus turning up but they didn’t try to get into Diggers, they walked back up past it though. 
I would like to read that the police took any action possible against those concerned including the bus company. 
As for cutting their allocation you’re spot on. 

Everyone will base it on personal experiences which is the correct way. For me I agree, when rangers come to tynecastle there isn't as much poison in the air as when it's celtic. Never seen an bother between Hearts and rangers fans, not saying it hasn't happened but I've never experienced it and never felt intimidated by their fans. However they are still arseholes as the celebrations a few months ago back that up. 1 or 2 sections max of the roseburn for both.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Smash seats tick

Well said. I had hoped Budge was going the right way but money was more important. 

So in an ideal world if we could ban old firm fans from Tynie no one would have to listen to their crap and put up with their nonsense. Perfect.

But I must say labelling folk snowflakes is crap patter just because they don’t like to hear this stuff.

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Go back to your moon howling. There's a good Sevconian. 

:rofl:

Oh dear.  Schoolboy name calling, and debating skills of a pidgeon.  Please explain how me putting the boot into your club, Sevco makes me a Sevconian?

been here before
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He's just not got the bus fare.

7 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

I may be wrong but I think he is referring to a potential grown man, who has the finances to buy a smartphone/tablet/laptop, the intelligence to open an account on a football forum, and, who can use a keyboard to string a few words together, choosing to use that intelligence to glorify football violence. 

Perhaps he thought the use of ‘mate’, ‘lads’, ‘went through doors’, ‘reassess’ in the post he was referring to, gave it a significantly higher than average level of arseholery and thought that was a state. 

It’s the 21st century so maybe best messaging your Cardiff pal directly and you can play at being in the 80’s again 
No real Hearts fan or football supporter or person in the street, especially old folk or disabled folk or folk with kids, really wants Celtic ‘lads’ or other ‘lads’ come into their town and cause a bit havoc especially after the last 18 months of restrictions that we have all had to endure. 
Apologies to @Savage Vince if I have misread his intentions. 

Hahaha, no bother . Deary me. How dare I have a different opinion to some on here. Because I chose to follow my team and a certain culture differently to some on here, I am now being called an arsehole. From the comfort of anonymity and behind a keyboard as per. 

Smash seats tick

That's all well and good. I don't disagree with you on your point that the authorities have been disgraceful when it comes to tackling the problems associated with the Old Firm. Complicit, you could even argue as most of them are Old Firm themselves. 

But let me for the last time repeat all that I've consistently said. Rangers fans are not as badly behaved as Celtic fans are at Tynecastle. That's just a fact. You and I might not like or recognise the reason for that. But it's a fact nonetheless.

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Hahaha, no bother . Deary me. How dare I have a different opinion to some on here. Because I chose to follow my team and a certain culture differently to some on here, I am now being called an arsehole. From the comfort of anonymity and behind a keyboard as per. 

A certain culture :vrface: FFS we are in the third decade of the 21st century and you think organised paggering is cultured.

And if you read it carefully you will clearly see I haven't called you an arsehole at all, I did however give you some credit referring to you as a potential grown man but I'll take that bit back now.

Regarding the anonymity, you are right I'm not Brick Tamland, but I'll hazard a guess that Bringitbak is neither your first or second name.

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, pablo said:

But let me for the last time repeat all that I've consistently said. Rangers fans are not as badly behaved as Celtic fans are at Tynecastle. That's just a fact. You and I might not like or recognise the reason for that. But it's a fact nonetheless.

Let me again make this clear for you.

I 100% disagree with your paragraph above.

17 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

I feel sorry for young folk these days. I was a casual in about 1986/7, was a great laugh, plenty female attention, sense of belonging to something, great clothes, a really exciting time. Then a few years later the clubbing scene really kicked in  and the whole casual thing got kicked in to touch. 

Since then, there’s been nothing even approaching either of those two scenes. Sad imo. 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let me again make this clear for you.

I 100% disagree with your paragraph above.

Let me make this clear, I agree with Pablo as do prob about 90% of Hearts fans Choo Choo.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Let me make this clear, I agree with Pablo as do prob about 90% of Hearts fans Choo Choo.

Oh no, I won't get to sleep tonight.