“Best fans in the world”

BM1874

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

In fairness, everyone should have been celebrating their liberation. One of the worst miscarriages of justice this country has ever seen. But that's a discussion for another time. 

That's the thing though. We can say that on here and someone else may disagree with you but for a celtic fan there is no discussion on anything to do with Ireland...or Israel...or the UK govt

It's a cult.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Auldbenches

• Savage Vince

• sadj

9 hours ago, LokamotivRobbo said:

You’re having a laugh. Have you been to Ibrox in the last few years. Ever since we got shoved into that horrible little pen we have been gobbed  on and abused by the dirty scumbags. Their support can be as much a bunch of tossers as the other lot. They both attract complete trumpets in large numbers. Mind you I’d still not ban them.
The correct principle should be that we treat all teams support on the same basis that they treat us. Never give them a larger proportion of Tynie than we get from them. End of. And if they treat us like crap when we go through to Glasgow then ban them altogether for a while just to show they can’t take the piss.

8 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Got to be having a laugh here the rangers fans are some of the scummiest dregs on planet earth mate, haha not as badly behaved as Tim fans :rofl: that's a fecking belter! we should be banning both the scum teams imo 

8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

The Rangers away support have a bit of a history, don'tcha know?

Quite.

Not so long ago ...

• BY STEVE ROBSON
  • 06:53, 18 MAY 2018
Riot police were called in to try and contain the disorder, but they were vastly outnumbered. Riot police were called in to try and contain the disorder, but they were vastly outnumbered.(Image: Joel Goodman)

A bloodied fan, shirtless and barely able to stand, vomits into a sea of litter covering Piccadilly Gardens.

Others watch and cheer as a man shamelessly urinates in a spot normally filled with families shopping or enjoying days out in the city centre.

These were just some of the scenes when a horde of up to 150,000 Rangers fans descended on Manchester on May 14, 2008, for the UEFA Cup final.

What followed was described at the time by a judge as 'the worst night of violence and destruction suffered by Manchester city centre since the Blitz'.

The rest of this article elaborates with pictures. 👇

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/never-before-seen-images-one-14667382

Yes, I know all that. However, the Rangers away support that visits Tynecastle is nothing like as badly behaved as Celtic's. It's just not.

If we wanted to, I think we would be justified in banning Celtic fans from Tynecastle, in isolation from everyone else. Not that I think we would ever do it. What have Rangers fans done to deserve a ban from Tynecastle? 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yes, I know all that. However, the Rangers away support that visits Tynecastle is nothing like as badly behaved as Celtic's. It's just not.

If we wanted to, I think we would be justified in banning Celtic fans from Tynecastle, in isolation from everyone else. Not that I think we would ever do it. What have Rangers fans done to deserve a ban from Tynecastle? 

I think it is fair to deal with them separately. We wouldn't want our allocation to be cut at Ibrox because hibs fans did something to upset rangers.

Auldbenches
29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are a weird, uptight, bunch.

I see a wide range of beliefs on here when it comes to politics but i accept they are still Hearts fans and that's it.

But for that lot, it seems you don't just support celtic, you are signing up for a whole set of beliefs and opinions and it is entwined in the football team. I have never looked on Kerrydale St or whatever but i bet there is no voices raising their hand to say "you know, i think we should be proud to wear a poppy each year".

You're spot on.  Old firm fans don't just think they're supporting a team, they think they are part of a whole value system.  

Look at the lack of political division among clubs in England, they hate each other but don't need all the carry on the old firm bring.  

No old firm here and our game would be a breath if fresh air.  

The club should use Saturday to start reducing their allocation and all the shite that comes when they visit.  

Time for something to be done about it, and if the spfl etc aren't going to then we should.  

If this was racism it would be rightly pounced on at every opportunity. 

Edited by Auldbenches

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You're spot on.  Old firm fans don't just think they're supporting a team, they think they are part of a whole value system.  

Look at the lack of political division among clubs in England, they hate each other but don't need all the carry on the old firm bring.  

The club should use Saturday to start reducing their allocation and all the shite that comes when they visit.  

Time for something to be done about it, and if the spfl etc aren't going to then we should.  

This. Racism has been front and centre of EVERYTHING over the past year or so but, whilst racism exists in Scotland our players should be taking the knee against sectarianism before every game and it should form part of every football broadcast in the way racism is.

Rogue Daddy
13 hours ago, Libertarian said:

If the OF scum are kept to a minimum in Tynecastle more Hearts supporters would turn up. I know quite a few who won't go when Rangers or Celtic are at Tynecastle as most of their 'supporters' are absolute animals 

Good post and completely agree. I used to go with my old dad and he would (laterly) ask me to pass on his ST to a mate when the uglies were in town. He doesn't get to games now, but absolutely hates the OF, their fans and all the nonsense that follows them.

Brick Tamland
13 hours ago, Bringitbak said:

State of what mate?

I may be wrong but I think he is referring to a potential grown man, who has the finances to buy a smartphone/tablet/laptop, the intelligence to open an account on a football forum, and, who can use a keyboard to string a few words together, choosing to use that intelligence to glorify football violence. 

Perhaps he thought the use of ‘mate’, ‘lads’, ‘went through doors’, ‘reassess’ in the post he was referring to, gave it a significantly higher than average level of arseholery and thought that was a state. 

It’s the 21st century so maybe best messaging your Cardiff pal directly and you can play at being in the 80’s again 
No real Hearts fan or football supporter or person in the street, especially old folk or disabled folk or folk with kids, really wants Celtic ‘lads’ or other ‘lads’ come into their town and cause a bit havoc especially after the last 18 months of restrictions that we have all had to endure. 
Apologies to @Savage Vince if I have misread his intentions. 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This. Racism has been front and centre of EVERYTHING over the past year or so but, whilst racism exists in Scotland our players should be taking the knee against sectarianism before every game and it should form part of every football broadcast in the way racism is.

Anything else we should be taking the knee for before a game of football? What a ridiculous idea. 

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The smsm would ignore it if someone started a campaign to do something symbolic before games about sectarianism.  

It's ****ing tragic that this is seen as something we just have to live with because politicians and the media are scared of the orcs.   

Forever Hearts
36 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

In fairness, everyone should have been celebrating their liberation. One of the worst miscarriages of justice this country has ever seen. But that's a discussion for another time. 

The poor wee souls weren't exactly angels. They were on their way to the funeral of an IRA man who blew himself up accidentally when Special Branch stopped them. They may not have committed the Birmingham bombings (some still believe they did) but if rumours are to be believed they were responsible for other crimes. 

Brick Tamland
14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I agree and reducing their ticket allowance to the minimum allowed would be a great start. Hearts fans should feel able to take their children to any home game and the elderly and infirm supporters should be able to attend without fear too. 

Rogue Daddy
29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think it is fair to deal with them separately. We wouldn't want our allocation to be cut at Ibrox because hibs fans did something to upset rangers.

I would definitely cut their (the OF) allocation down to the bare minimum... and tell them they're not getting a single ticket more until we don't have any issues with repairs, ticket faking or fans without tickets turning up to our ground to be arseholes. Once they can behave, and only then, we may look at increasing their allocation (slightly).

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Dare say our media will be linking every player to them to appease the hoardes in case they get upset over their afternoon high tea

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Anything else we should be taking the knee for before a game of football? What a ridiculous idea. 

You're not against something symbolic before games in Scotland to get the message over that we fans want sectarianism out of the game and society?

Once people get the message, all the gestures etc will stop.

You think we should just accept these things as part of the game? 

Savage Vince
19 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I may be wrong but I think he is referring to a potential grown man, who has the finances to buy a smartphone/tablet/laptop, the intelligence to open an account on a football forum, and, who can use a keyboard to string a few words together, choosing to use that intelligence to glorify football violence. 

Perhaps he thought the use of ‘mate’, ‘lads’, ‘went through doors’, ‘reassess’ in the post he was referring to, gave it a significantly higher than average level of arseholery and thought that was a state. 

It’s the 21st century so maybe best messaging your Cardiff pal directly and you can play at being in the 80’s again 
No real Hearts fan or football supporter or person in the street, especially old folk or disabled folk or folk with kids, really wants Celtic ‘lads’ or other ‘lads’ come into their town and cause a bit havoc especially after the last 18 months of restrictions that we have all had to endure. 
Apologies to @Savage Vince if I have misread his intentions. 

You misread nothing, pal. 😊👍

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I agree and reducing their ticket allowance to the minimum allowed would be a great start. Hearts fans should feel able to take their children to any home game and the elderly and infirm supporters should be able to attend without fear too. 

It might cost the club some money but all the other benefits outweigh that.

A better experience for your average fan who stays away with his kids etc.  

If the reduced allocation still sing their sectarian shite, then they get fewer tickets for the next game.

We bo longer have to accept their bile.  

A reduced allocation makes also makes it easier for the police to arrest them for what they currently get away with.   Tired of hearing that there are too many of them to arrest them for the terrorist songs.

Cut their numbers and easier to drag them out.  

The club can do something here. 

davemclaren
53 minutes ago, pablo said:

In 1980-something one tried to punch me on Gorgie Road after a match where we won. That’s enough reason for me, without going into their overt sectarianism as well. 

SectionDJambo
59 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Absolutely. It was a terrible miscarriage of justice, but few who celebrated the release bothered to spare a thought for the poor people who were murdered just for being on a night out.

Those morons who can’t separate supporting Celtic from supporting the actions of the IRA at the time of the violence are beyond any reason. Most of the people of Ireland, north and south, seem to have moved on and want the conflict to be in the past. These idiots, from another country, hang onto it because they are brainless idiots. No better than the religious nutters in the Middle East.

Unfortunately, we have two opposing sets of these people mingling with us in Scotland, who regard their football clubs as being an extension of that bigotry.

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

If the reduced allocation still sing their sectarian shite, then they get fewer tickets for the next game.

A reduced allocation makes also makes it easier for the police to arrest them for what they currently get away with.   Tired of hearing that there are too many of them to arrest them for the terrorist songs.

Exactly my feeling on this. We have had to put up with their disgusting antics for far too long. It’s time for the club to show some leadership and principles with this. Put principles before cash and I’m sure in the long term this will pay dividends in all sort of areas for us. 

I'm going to go against the grain here.

Beating those vile filthy scumbags in front of a full school end is only bettered by beating their wee admirers from Lochend.

I want them to sing their rebel songs, general bile and wave their ______(insert whatever left wing separatist cause is popular at the time)_____ flags. I just want us to sing louder.

This is football, not a primary school nativity play.  Atmosphere is what makes it what is is, the more hostile the better imo.

Brick Tamland
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Completely agree. 

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In 1980-something one tried to punch me on Gorgie Road after a match where we won. That’s enough reason for me, without going into their overt sectarianism as well. 

At the 1996 Scottish cup final, several of them tried to tip over the portaloo I was using at hampden. 
that’s enough reason for me. 

Auldbenches
24 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Dare say our media will be linking every player to them to appease the hoardes in case they get upset over their afternoon high tea

The morning of the champions league draw, the Scottish media had Celtic linked to their ex player (shevchenko?) In case they were drawn against them.  They got in there to unsettle a team before they even knew they were playing them.  Amazing attitude . 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

At the 1996 Scottish cup final, several of them tried to tip over the portaloo I was using at hampden. 
that’s enough reason for me. 

image.png

Brick Tamland
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Beating those vile filthy scumbags in front of a full school end is only bettered by beating their wee admirers from Lochend.

I want them to sing their rebel songs, general bile and wave their ______(insert whatever left wing separatist cause is popular at the time)_____ flags. I just want us to sing louder.

This is football, not a primary school nativity play.  Atmosphere is what makes it what is is, the more hostile the better imo.

I kind of get that angle too, but whether it’s 2,000 of them or 200 of them that are there, beating them is all that matters. Our fans would more than make up the atmosphere and create a hostile environment for them as the 5k fans that were there on Saturday were magnificent. 

I read the other day that Celtic have only won 3 times in Edinburgh in their past 14 visits.  This is a very pleasing stat.

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You're not against something symbolic before games in Scotland to get the message over that we fans want sectarianism out of the game and society?

Once people get the message, all the gestures etc will stop.

You think we should just accept these things as part of the game? 

Why should the rest of Scottish football take a knee for something that isn't a problem at their club. If Celtic and Rangers want to do it then fine, it's nothing to do with the rest of us and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.  

Auldbenches
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It isn't confined to what happens in the stadium, it permeates nearly every part of Scottish society.  **** that in this day and age.  

Plenty other things to create a hostile atmosphere with.  

Welcome to tyncastle being one of them.  No heed to fuel it with shite from centuries ago.  

Салатные палочки
37 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The poor wee souls weren't exactly angels. They were on their way to the funeral of an IRA man who blew himself up accidentally when Special Branch stopped them. They may not have committed the Birmingham bombings (some still believe they did) but if rumours are to be believed they were responsible for other crimes. 

Those "poor wee souls" were severely beaten into confessing to a horrific crime that they didn't commit. Was it guilt by association? The only people that still believe they did it are those who refuse to believe that the British justice system can be corrupt to the core, especially during that horrible time. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on it, I am just saying that you could have used many other examples of their support for that particular cause rather than the case of innocent people fitted up for a crime they didn't commit. 

Auldbenches
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I read the other day that Celtic have only won 3 times in Edinburgh in their past 14 visits.  This is a very pleasing stat.

It used to be rangers we got more results against.  

One good season with the new stand and a tyncastle becomes a fortress again, and that includes both arse cheeks.  

That stadium will start working for us once we get it going.  

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It isn't confined to what happens in the stadium, it permeates nearly every part of Scottish society.  **** that in this day and age.  

Plenty other things to create a hostile atmosphere with.  

Welcome to tyncastle being one of them.  No heed to fuel it with shite from centuries ago.  

Thing is though Ab, when they sing their nonsense it should be of no concern to us - it only makes them look vile. 

Auldbenches

What have rangers done to get their allocation cut? 

The exact same as Celtic apart from maybe attacking kiosks. 

Same shite but different colours when the blue half visit.  

Салатные палочки
15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Absolutely. It was a terrible miscarriage of justice, but few who celebrated the release bothered to spare a thought for the poor people who were murdered just for being on a night out.

Those morons who can’t separate supporting Celtic from supporting the actions of the IRA at the time of the violence are beyond any reason. Most of the people of Ireland, north and south, seem to have moved on and want the conflict to be in the past. These idiots, from another country, hang onto it because they are brainless idiots. No better than the religious nutters in the Middle East.

Unfortunately, we have two opposing sets of these people mingling with us in Scotland, who regard their football clubs as being an extension of that bigotry.

In my opinion, they are two separate things in so much as people can remember what a horrific crime it was and remember the innocent victims but that they can still celebrate the fact that justice was done and those who were imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit can be proven innocent. 

Look at the case of Jim Swire and Lockerbie. He lost his daughter but still campaigned for justice for Megrahi as he believed he was innocent. It's possible to think both ways. 

Anyway, I don't want to de-rail the thread.  

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Thing is though Ab, when they sing their nonsense it should be of no concern to us - it only makes them look vile. 

There's more to it than making them look vile.  How it effects Scottish society should be of concern to us.  

Time to get it to ****.  

It's the 3rd decade of the 21st century and we still have this shite?  It's embarrassing.  

Rogue Daddy
20 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

We no longer have to accept their bile.  

Totally agree with this. This is a problem we can SORT and definitely should do. Reduce the allocation... still can't behave? reduce it some more until they get the message.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not damaged the stadium, not smeared excrement on the toilet walls, not assaulted the ball boys. 

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why should the rest of Scottish football take a knee for something that isn't a problem at their club. If Celtic and Rangers want to do it then fine, it's nothing to do with the rest of us and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.  

They sing their sectarian songs in our stadium which means that some fans are staying away because they don't want their kids to here that stuff.  You happy to let that continue and let decent Hearts fans miss out on games like Saturday? 

If we don't want sectarianism in our ground, or grounds, then we have the right to do whatever we can to get rid of it.  

You must want it confined to the past as well? 

There's no leeway with racism and from now in this shoukd he treated the same. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Totally agree with this. This is a problem we can SORT and definitely should do. Reduce the allocation... still can't behave? reduce it some more until they get the message.

It will go the same way as before. All about finance. Budge has already said it in the past. If the Hearts support buy up the tickets, they will reduce their numbers. When the general sales start, that will determine numbers. 
Their behaviour is secondary to money. Always will be. 
For the record I disagree. Look after number one. Cut the allocation when full stadia returns and build up a solid home support.

Auldbenches
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Not damaged the stadium, not smeared excrement on the toilet walls, not assaulted the ball boys. 

They have sang all sectarian shite we hate Celtic for.  

Why give them a whole end when they give us the minimal allocation possible.  

We should treat rangers like they treat us.  

I'd ban Celtic fans and leave Rangers as they are. Out of spite, obviously.

Then simply make Tynecastle a place that the blue cheeks don't want to go to.

Really easy.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

They have sang all sectarian shite we hate Celtic for.  

Why give them a whole end when they give us the minimal allocation possible.  

We should treat rangers like they treat us.  

I'd rather not listen to it but songs don't bother me. The stuff I listed does bother me and Rangers fans (at Tynecastle) don't indulge in it. 

Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, Boab said:

It will go the same way as before. All about finance. Budge has already said it in the past. If the Hearts support buy up the tickets, they will reduce their numbers. When the general sales start, that will determine numbers. 
Their behaviour is secondary to money. Always will be. 
For the record I disagree. Look after number one. Cut the allocation when full stadia returns and build up a solid home support.

I hear what you're saying mate and you're probably right. It's a chicken and egg type thing... reduce the OF problems, we'll get more supporters - that would otherwise give the game a wide berth - meaning more revenue... but we won't get the revenue until we reduce their numbers.

This is one of these times I would back the board making a decision that could affect our income. Short term pain for long term gain etc.

38 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

That's rubbish. I'm not in any way defending Rangers. Nor if it was up to me, would I choose to be exposed to their ridiculous sash bash.

But, Rangers fans do not mob up and attack Hearts pubs, generally set about random people, spit at ball boys, storm food kiosks or sing songs about setting us on fire......

Just now, pablo said:

That's rubbish. I'm not in any way defending Rangers. Nor if it was up to me, would I choose to be exposed to their ridiculous sash bash.

But, Rangers fans do not mob up and attack Hearts pubs, generally set about random people, spit at ball boys, storm food kiosks or sing songs about setting us on fire......

Bollocks. The worst violence I've ever witnessed at football was around games against the oldco. Home and away.

Treat both cheeks the same and keep them away from Gorgie.

Byyy The Light

As long as with a reduced capacity they still let in the fat ones who wear the military style jackets (balaclavas their mum knitted rolled up in the pocket) and make fake sniper gestures to the rest of the stadium.  Always entertaining.

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I hear what you're saying mate and you're probably right. It's a chicken and egg type thing... reduce the OF problems, we'll get more supporters - that would otherwise give the game a wide berth - meaning more revenue... but we won't get the revenue until we reduce their numbers.

This is one of these times I would back the board making a decision that could affect our income. Short term pain for long term gain etc.

Problem is, I can’t see the board making a decision to reduce their numbers. As you say, if there was a long term strategy put in place where we dropped revenue for those games, it would only be a short term hit.

Will be interesting to see the uptake for new STs and walk ups when full capacity is available. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Bollocks. The worst violence I've ever witnessed at football was around games against the oldco. Home and away.

In my experience there's been nowhere near as much trouble at Hearts games v Rangers as there is v Celtic. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

In my experience there's been nowhere near as much trouble at Hearts games v Rangers as there is v Celtic. 

All about personal experience. From mine, oldco the worst by far, then hibs, celtic and Aberdeen in that order.

Edited by Dunks

11 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Nah, not for me. When was the trouble you witnessed at a home game against Rangers? Considering it was the worst you've ever witnessed, I'm sure we'll all be aware of it.

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

Nah, not for me. When was the trouble you witnessed at a home game against Rangers? Considering it was the worst you've ever witnessed, I'm sure we'll all be aware of it.

Me neither. The odd punch up on Gorgie Rd. Hardly anything at Ibrox generally. 
In saying that, I’ve had a blade pulled on me a couple of times at Ibrox back in the day ! 🥴

All about personal experience as others have said.

Leaving Hibs out the equation, Parkhead was a place you always had to have your wits about you. Some pretty hairy moments in the past.