“Best fans in the world”

BM1874

I think somewhere there is a rule that away fans should be given 5% of the stadiums capacity but it’s down to individual clubs if they want to give more.

Of course this is circumnavigated by both of Glasgow’s “finest” and I think they both claim it’s due to safety issues (Aka their own fans being animals) that as someone mentioned earlier we get 1.3% capacity at one of them.

in the championship season I’m sure we got 1700 for the opener then magically it was dropped down to 850 for the second game. 

I don’t see us ever doing it fully, but giving both Celtic and Rangers only one bottom section would be an absolute max for me 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Auldbenches

• Savage Vince

• sadj

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s the way to do it. We need to be playing well enough to get more Hearts supporters wanting to attend. It would still cost us a bit of money as we would need to have a buffer space full of stewards though.

I’m not a fan of a total ban on away fans - even for Rangers and Celtic.  

Hi davemclaren, where do visiting fans tend to congregate and drink pre match in Edinburgh, do they drink in pubs near Tynecastle or use the city centre pubs?

I will be coming by train to Haymarket. Thanks, Terry 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Hi davemclaren, where do visiting fans tend to congregate and drink pre match in Edinburgh, do they drink in pubs near Tynecastle or use the city centre pubs?

I will be coming by train to Haymarket. Thanks, Terry 

The bigger teams tend to take over the Roseburn Arms. Safer and handier to drink in the ‘Hearts’ pubs around Tynecastle. 

The Hogfather
14 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

I think somewhere there is a rule that away fans should be given 5% of the stadiums capacity but it’s down to individual clubs if they want to give more.

Of course this is circumnavigated by both of Glasgow’s “finest” and I think they both claim it’s due to safety issues (Aka their own fans being animals) that as someone mentioned earlier we get 1.3% capacity at one of them.

in the championship season I’m sure we got 1700 for the opener then magically it was dropped down to 850 for the second game. 

I don’t see us ever doing it fully, but giving both Celtic and Rangers only one bottom section would be an absolute max for me 

We were actually given around 2,200 for the next game. It did drop once they came back up though.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Surely the answer is to fill the Roseburn Stand with just Hearts fans? Is there an alternative location in the ground which could be used for a small number of away fans? There was definitely an advantage in having no massed hordes of Celtic in The Roseburn on Saturday so unless there are rules which say a percentage of away fans MUST attend then give the Roseburn to our fans. 

I think access to the ground limits which section we can give them. 

Just a couple of sections with segregation and stuff them.  If they can't behave with other fans bear by then reduce their next allocation.

We have to stop letting the old firm and their fans walk over us.  

Treat them like they treat us. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's filling it with Hearts fans that's the problem. I would love to see them restricted to one section as a full Roseburn definitely gives the Old Firm teams a boost, no doubt about it. But it would be financial suicide to have it lying half empty. 

Oh I dunno. 

Factor in the fake tickets & stadium damage costs & the revenue loss might not be that much. 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Oh I dunno. 

Factor in the fake tickets & stadium damage costs & the revenue loss might not be that much. 

Even if we do restrict them to one section a whole stand full will turn up with fake tickets. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Let all other clubs have the whole end and tell Celtic and Rangers they can have 1000 seats because they're both smelly, backward *******s. 

That's how it should be told as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

I agree, 1 seat on the  bottom row at the bottom section. 

On 01/08/2021 at 08:54, highlandjambo3 said:

To risky……don’t think the dogs have been double jabbed yet.

I reckon a Polis dug under 3/21 years would've taken it's chances. Manchester dugs love the taste of writhing hun flesh, images still vivid in my mind...:scenes:

Edited by OBE

12 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Even if we do restrict them to one section a whole stand full will turn up with fake tickets. 

Easier to police though. 

I was in the Roseburn for the Celtic game & I wonder if the automatic turnstiles are a factor in letting these reprobates in with fake tickets? 

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Also the sporting advantage they get from a full stand.  Our players don't get to run out to that amount of fans at their grounds.  

Stuff the extra couple of bob and give them the same percentage they give us.  

We are doing their teams a favour giving them a full stand.  Hate giving anything.  

Especially to these b......s🤮🤮🤮

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Surely the answer is to fill the Roseburn Stand with just Hearts fans? Is there an alternative location in the ground which could be used for a small number of away fans? There was definitely an advantage in having no massed hordes of Celtic in The Roseburn on Saturday so unless there are rules which say a percentage of away fans MUST attend then give the Roseburn to our fans. 

500 seats max that's it , and keep them.in for half an hour after the game, or an hour if we win 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻😊😊😊

17 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Easier to police though. 

I was in the Roseburn for the Celtic game & I wonder if the automatic turnstiles are a factor in letting these reprobates in with fake tickets? 

Probably. There needs to be a ticket check done well before the turnstiles to weed out the fakes imo. But that will need more stewards and police I should think.

davemclaren
Just now, 1953 said:

Probably. There needs to be a ticket check done well before the turnstiles to weed out the fakes imo. But that will need more stewards and police I should think.

The only way to weed out fakes is to scan the barcode and see if it’s been used. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The only way to weed out fakes is to scan the barcode and see if it’s been used. 

So do you mean that the fakes couldn't be picked up in advance, and if they got in before the genuine ticket holder would get the seat and the genuine fan turned away?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

So do you mean that the fakes couldn't be picked up in advance, and if they got in before the genuine ticket holder would get the seat and the genuine fan turned away?

Yip. However you would have to assume that the ‘genuine’ fan was complicit in the fake being produced. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip. However you would have to assume that the ‘genuine’ fan was complicit in the fake being produced. 

Fair point Dave, hell mend them!

Hectormasson
49 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Or the genuine fan smacks the f...k out whos took his seat unlawfully? Some pre match fight action .......

59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You'd think an automatic turnstyle would be able to do that, surely? 

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I’ve posted this before but surprisingly our barcoding system does not appear to be very intuitive. 

Season before last we had games against st Johnstone (or Kilmarnock maybe) and Celtic on the Saturday then midweek. I bought and printed out tickets for both at the same time. I then took the Celtic ticket to the st Johnstone game by mistake, it let me in through the wrong turnstiles and I noticed when I checked the ticket for my seat number but I was already in the ground.

It appears that all you need is a ticket with a valid barcode (for any event) and the scanner will wave you through.

Theoretically a Celtic fan could buy a Roseburn ticket for a hearts cat b game and use it for the Celtic game.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I do indeed. 

15 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Wouldn't say that , stone island looks OK,  prob paying  for the badge mind ,,, if guys like it  wear it   up to the individual, but I do think its very costly gear ,   defo not worth rolling around in, as be a b........d to repair........ 

Everyone has different tastes I guess. 

I think it looks guff and has now been completely ruined by faux casuals and neds. 

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I’ve posted this before but surprisingly our barcoding system does not appear to be very intuitive. 

Season before last we had games against st Johnstone (or Kilmarnock maybe) and Celtic on the Saturday then midweek. I bought and printed out tickets for both at the same time. I then took the Celtic ticket to the st Johnstone game by mistake, it let me in through the wrong turnstiles and I noticed when I checked the ticket for my seat number but I was already in the ground.

It appears that all you need is a ticket with a valid barcode (for any event) and the scanner will wave you through.

Theoretically a Celtic fan could buy a Roseburn ticket for a hearts cat b game and use it for the Celtic game.

If that’s correct and I have no reason to doubt you, you need to flag it up with the club.

Your experience would surely mean that any part of the ground could be affected in this way.

Celtic fans in the home end?

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

If that’s correct and I have no reason to doubt you, you need to flag it up with the club.

Your experience would surely mean that any part of the ground could be affected in this way.

Celtic fans in the home end?

Possibly. Unless it has been fixed between then and now.

I did tell the ticket office in a round about way. I was worried that when I went to the Celtic game I wouldn’t get in because I had already used the ticket. Explained all. The look that the two staff members gave each other was all knowing. They printed me out a ticket for the Celtic game - the match ticket sized one - but I really had the impression that it wasn’t necessary and that I probably could have used the same Celtic ticket again.

Governor Tarkin
17 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:
17 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

abuse anything in green 

Very clever response. I assume you’d have felt the same if you were sitting beside these knuckledraggers with your mum, girlfriend, wife, sister, daughter or any other kids?

Don't be silly. The family Furios would be absolutely on point with the invective.

And rightly so.

Smoked-Glass

I don't know anyone who genuinely thinks celtic fans are the best in the world.  Where did this rubbish come from?

They are somewhere in the top 50 of worst in the world if you include all the mental South American or Turkey violence.  They are in the top 10 worst if your only talking about the UK. 

Vile club run by vile people who turn a blind eye to child abuse. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I don't know anyone who genuinely thinks celtic fans are the best in the world.  Where did this rubbish come from?

They are somewhere in the top 50 of worst in the world if you include all the mental South American or Turkey violence.  They are in the top 10 worst if your only talking about the UK. 

Vile club run by vile people who turn a blind eye to child abuse. 

I'm sure it was some shite weefa came out with after more than 1 billion of them turned up in Seville. 

3 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Thanks for the advice. After 60 years going to Tynecastle you’ll  forgive me if I’d prefer to watch the game without having to peer around a bunch of inbred ar***oles not even looking at the pitch and intimidating HEARTS FANS and scaring kids unfortunate enough to be in the same section. But maybe you’re more of a ‘real fan’ than me? 

I can only go back to the eighties but how did you manage then, if a few wee bams bother you?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Responses to my op merely confirm the point it tried to make - I.e. that every club’s support includes a proportion of morons.

Folk not giving Celtic both barrels are the morons tbh.

Jambo-Jimbo
17 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Let all other clubs have the whole end and tell Celtic and Rangers they can have 1000 seats because they're both smelly, backward *******s. 

I'd just tell them the truth, that they are bigoted sectarian barstewards who are still living in the 17th century and are and always have been Scotland's shame.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I can only go back to the eighties but how did you manage then, if a few wee bams bother you?

Like Deke, I was 60's, 70's and 80's, and the big difference was that most of the ground was standing and you were not allocated a seat. In those days if some idiot parked themselves behind you, you simply moved away. Alternatively, if you wanted to sit you bought a stand ticket where everyone sat (shock horror). Problem solved. It is not so easy in all seater grounds. You have no idea who will be in your vicinity and just imagine yourself to be a parent with young children or elderly. Standing may not be an option because if you are small you will not be able to see over them, and if you are elderly you may not be able to be stand comfortably for the whole match. It is this lottery that means I no longer attend away matches after a few to many unpleasant experiences and I have no doubt these idiots spoiled the experience on Saturday for some. 

Bring back standing areas as this will clamp down on those who wish to stand elsewhere spoiling the experience of some others,   

11 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

So I am assuming you only really see any trouble when Hearts play the two Old Firm clubs but more than likely just Celtic, am I right or are there other sets of SPL fans that still turn up to have a go? I remember an old post said that the football Casual scene in Scotland was dead? Thanks for any info lads! Terry

Hi mate, celtic and hibs are two main games for lads , like everywhere there's been a few times where ob have went through doors after incidents and lads have to "reassess " what they get up to of a Saturday. Every team up here still has lads but definitely a lot quieter nowadays. Defo think I speak for most hearts fans when I say we hate hibs but ****in despise smeltic.  

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Responses to my op merely confirm the point it tried to make - I.e. that every club’s support includes a proportion of morons.

Subtle, yet effective. 👍

Nookie Bear
37 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

:verysmug:

23 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The best fans in the world are Newcastle's. Never in contention for trophies yet they show up 

I don't think so. I have only been assaulted once when attending a football match. After watching Newcastle lose 1-0 at Oldham in 1979, I was walking back to the station with 2 friends, both Newcastle supporters, and we were cowardly attacked from behind by a group of Newcastle supporters who quickly ran away after people nearby shouted at them. This was just one act of hooliganism that day as they ran amok. Simply turning up when you are not very good is not my definition of being the best fans in the world; you have to conduct yourself properly, and in those days Newcastle had a large number of mental retards amongst their support. I'm pretty sure that they still have.  

Forever Hearts
36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The best fans in the world are Newcastle's. Never in contention for trophies yet they show up 

Nonsense. Their attendances were absolutely rubbish in the early 80s. This myth that they've always packed out St James' Park despite being rubbish is just that, a myth. 

davemclaren
56 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Hi mate, celtic and hibs are two main games for lads , like everywhere there's been a few times where ob have went through doors after incidents and lads have to "reassess " what they get up to of a Saturday. Every team up here still has lads but definitely a lot quieter nowadays. Defo think I speak for most hearts fans when I say we hate hibs but ****in despise smeltic.  

‘Lads’ 😄🤷‍♂️

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

Thanks for the advice. After 60 years going to Tynecastle you’ll  forgive me if I’d prefer to watch the game without having to peer around a bunch of inbred ar***oles not even looking at the pitch and intimidating HEARTS FANS and scaring kids unfortunate enough to be in the same section. But maybe you’re more of a ‘real fan’ than me? 

Were they really scared though? I'd be amazed if they were. I took my oldest to Tynecastle against Hibs, Rangers and Celtic and he was well warned to expect some bad language. But he got through it. 

LokamotivRobbo
1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

👍 The wisdom of experience. They know who they are. Shame they pollute most threads with their endless rubbish. Proper bell ends with little else to keep themselves occupied other than infest JKB.

22games nro

Surely when FOH officially become the custodians of the club we can force through some sort of vote on this, I understand we won’t have a direct say in the day to day running but there must be a platform for things like this to be raised ,discussed then voted on ?

NaturalOrder74

Give them a corner if that 

the points are worth more than their money and every time they have a reduced / no crowd I can’t remember dropping points 

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

‘Lads’ 😄🤷‍♂️

Fail to see what's funny about that dave.  Jus making a factual statement.  That you trying to get a bite, ridicule someone again for no reason. Nice one. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Bringitbak said:

Fail to see what's funny about that dave.  Jus making a factual statement.  That you trying to get a bite, ridicule someone again for no reason. Nice one. 

lads refers to someone under the age of 18. Although I guess that’s probably the maximum mental age of most casuals. 

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

lads refers to someone under the age of 18. Although I guess that’s probably the maximum mental age of most casuals. 

Brilliant 👏

I cant stand them getting that full stand. It's in our hands to back the team and keep them out. I think we get 8/900 at ibrox what ever that workout as a % of their capacity we should give them. It wouldn't even be a full section 

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Not really, just find having endearing teams for people that like violence a bit odd. 

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Bainy said:

I cant stand them getting that full stand. It's in our hands to back the team and keep them out. I think we get 8/900 at ibrox what ever that workout as a % of their capacity we should give them. It wouldn't even be a full section 

Saturday showed that even if we ban them from tynecastle, they’ll still turn up. Either to show support from outside the ground or as we saw, to cause bother. 
Celtic as a club need to do more to ensure those travelling aren’t the scum we’re accustomed to. Although that in itself is an impossible task.