Beni Baningime

Deodato

Beni knows fine well and will have been told that if he wants to make it back to the big time, has the talent, but needs to shine and stand out in a league, there is no better place to do it than in the SPL 

For all the English slate our game and go on about the overall standard, they spend a hell of a lot of money sending their scouts up here looking for a bargain, or 2 

Enjoy Beni while we have him - we could potentially end up selling him for a good few million and back down South when the tiles right. A real good ROI on the player. Exactly the type of signings we should be looking for and signing a player that will give his ALL in every game knowing he has to do this consistently and to get himself back to where he believes he should be 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• milky_26

• Bongo 1874

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 03/08/2021 at 00:12, section s heart said:

Spot on Doc. High hopes for Beni after Saturday but I'm happy to judge after a few more games. 

Tziolis debut still fresh in the mind. Outstanding display but as you say he couldn't be arsed.

Strolled it against Rangers. Thought we had another Bruno ☹️

Japan Jambo
On 02/08/2021 at 20:32, kila said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/beni-baningime-i-didnt-come-to-tynecastle-for-money-hearts-fans-left-me-shaking-against-celtic-ive-never-seen-anything-like-it-3331594

“I was telling the boys I’ve honestly never seen anything like it. I knew fans in Scottish football were very passionate, but that was 5,000 and I was shaking at times. I was like, ‘wow’. There’s no feeling like it and I thank them for that support"

Just wait until it's full Beni, derby day looks likely.

That is because there is nothing like it. English football is a poor substitute crowd wise, the edge and bite isn't there to the same degree at least not here in London. Loved the fans when I was in Japan, very dedicated and constantly signing before, through and after the game. That said it was very much a happy clapper experience I remember Jubilo at home being 6-1 down and not a cheep of dissent from the stands.

A packed Tynie against the Hibs, take that every day, every way.

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

That is because there is nothing like it. English football is a poor substitute crowd wise, the edge and bite isn't there to the same degree at least not here in London. Loved the fans when I was in Japan, very dedicated and constantly signing before, through and after the game. That said it was very much a happy clapper experience I remember Jubilo at home being 6-1 down and not a cheep of dissent from the stands.

A packed Tynie against the Hibs, take that every day, every way.

I went to South Korea v Ghana at ER a few years ago, world cup warm up. I can safely say the SK fans were the most annoying crowd I have ever been part of. Never shut up and it was all far too happy despite them getting pumped. Give me the Scottish bile and venom any day 😆

OmiyaHearts
51 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I went to South Korea v Ghana at ER a few years ago, world cup warm up. I can safely say the SK fans were the most annoying crowd I have ever been part of. Never shut up and it was all far too happy despite them getting pumped. Give me the Scottish bile and venom any day 😆

I love Japan and Japanese football but yeah, the Asians fan approach to supporting their teams for 90 mins with no negativity or criticism would never catch on here.

I mind being at Omiya v Yokohama FM. We conceded an injury time goal to lose 3-2 - the Omiya crowd just cheered and sang the teams name with everything they had at the end. Kept encouraging even after the game was done (I was raging). It was a really positive experience but I'll take the Scottish fan mentality any day, the pettiness, anger, the hating of refs and I really like when we pick someone out in the away end and abuse them the whole match. I love having 90 mins in a week where I can let off some steam and go a bit tonto.

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I love Japan and Japanese football but yeah, the Asians fan approach to supporting their teams for 90 mins with no negativity or criticism would never catch on here.

I mind being at Omiya v Yokohama FM. We conceded an injury time goal to lose 3-2 - the Omiya crowd just cheered and sang the teams name with everything they had at the end. Kept encouraging even after the game was done (I was raging). It was a really positive experience but I'll take the Scottish fan mentality any day, the pettiness, anger, the hating of refs and I really like when we pick someone out in the away end and abuse them the whole match. I love having 90 mins in a week where I can let off some steam and go a bit tonto.

Could it be that in Japanese there is no word for "boo"?

Started poor, then got better when Halliday went off. Was even better still once McEneff came on.  He clearly prefers having space and time on the ball which is nigh on impossible when you play with a back three and three defensive midfielder.  Be interesting to see what type of midfielder Devlin is. 

19 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Had a slow 1st half but was excellent in the 2nd

He does tend to get stronger as the game goes on....must just be serious lack of competitive game time...Great watching him in our jersey....

VagabondJambo
Just now, mscjambo said:

He was immense second half. Some brilliant tackles 

In all my 60+ years supporting Hearts, I am finding it difficult to remember a better tackler - and a CLEAN tackler.  He chases and tackles from behind cleanly consistently.

Overall as a team, we are

poor tacklers.  I hope the coaches are getting Beni to teach the rest of the squad a thing or two.  It would make a huge difference to our overall performances.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's a POTY candidate, imo.

Player's or Fan's. Even if Boyce gets a few more.

If he's not left to do it all, he'll shine even more. Never panics. Can see he's played far higher than us.

Agreed. Certainly seems better in a 2 than a 3, not because he’s bad in a 3, I think he relishes having more responsibility as part of a 2.

Just now, VagabondJambo said:

In all my 60+ years supporting Hearts, I am finding it difficult to remember a better tackler - and a CLEAN tackler.  He chases and tackles from behind cleanly consistently.

Overall as a team, we are

poor tacklers.  I hope the coaches are getting Beni to teach the rest of the squad a thing or two.  It would make a huge difference to our overall performances.

He allows others to play. Turns defence into attack. I'd like to see Mceneff in beside him 

VagabondJambo
Just now, mscjambo said:

He allows others to play. Turns defence into attack. I'd like to see Mceneff in beside him 

I agree.

I liked McEneff’s energy today.

Just now, VagabondJambo said:

I agree.

I liked McEneff’s energy today.

Might be to early to say. But these two seem to be a better standard of player than we've signed previously.  

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, Gav M said:

it looks like Beni and Aaron will compliment each other, the kind of player the other needs along side them to help each other out

But can they cope with the Brooonmachine next week?

copa-mundial
24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Right player beside him in mid would make a massive difference 

Said the exact same thing during and after his debut. 

An attacking ball player next to him would be the perfect fit. 

Pasquale for King

Much better in the 2nd half when he could press them higher and get about the pitch, not just sit in our 18 yard line with the other midfielders and strikers. 

wattie exploited

thought he was shit first half but second half he made some great tackles really good ,

def a class player compared to our other midfield players :rifle: 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

But can they cope with the Brooonmachine next week?

Is he still playing? Thought he was a coach now doing his Celtic apprenticeship at Aberdeen.

Hope we run him off the park.  Classless thug.

PhoenixHearts

Would be interested to see Beni and Haring with McEneff in front of them for a full game.

Perhaps with two up top, Boyce and Ginnelly or Boyce and Gnando for his hold up play.

2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Would be interested to see Beni and Haring with McEneff in front of them for a full game.

Perhaps with two up top, Boyce and Ginnelly or Boyce and Gnando for his hold up play.

Boyce has the control of a breeze block wall...........unfortunately the best we have! Watch him, the ball is almost never under control, he lunges at everything! The best of a lot of pish!

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If we’re going to fill in midfield (not a terrible idea away on a bigger pitch like today) then totally agree. I would have today’s eleven, swap out McEneff for Halliday, put him further forward. Then GMS or Ginnelly as a free role between midfield and Boyce. And wing backs would need license to get forward (if they can).

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Boyce has the control of a breeze block wall...........unfortunately the best we have! Watch him, the ball is almost never under control, he lunges at everything! The best of a lot of pish!

So? He's also on course to be the best goal scoring striker we've had in decades.

Unknown user

What I really liked about him today wasn't his tackling, it was how he deals with the ball under pressure. More than once he kept responsibility rather than release to a shonky option in a manner that really reminded me of Barry Ferguson.

8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

McEneff will have a big part to play this season. He’s our only centre mid who can get forward and hurt teams. 

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Been saying this for a long time and get shot down by the " he's a great player " mob. Yes he scores goals and that is what you want a striker to do, however Robbie is not playing him as an out and out striker. Too often he trips over the ball or his own feet and feel he would be better used with a No10 behind him. Get him to stay top side of half way and leave the mid and defense to do their job. That would at least give us some kind of out ball after defending a corner etc.