Beni Baningime

Deodato

10 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Yeah, I was only kidding about Valois and De Vreis.

But agreed on the rest. The general rule is you'd expect most to improve after a debut, acclimatising to their surroundings, gaining match fitness, getting used to their teams style, managers philosophy and pace of the game in a new country etc.

But there are plenty of examples of exceptions to that rule

I agree, also examples of players who didn't impress initially, but went on to prove us wrong, Sir Paul Hartley being a prime example.  First impressions can deceive, but I really like the look of Beni, and his confidence must have gone through the roof after that display, the result, his MoM award and the adulation of the fans.  We really need to get a song for him, just to really make him feel part of the Hearts family.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• milky_26

• Bongo 1874

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

spirt of 98
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I agree, also examples of players who didn't impress initially, but went on to prove us wrong, Sir Paul Hartley being a prime example.  First impressions can deceive, but I really like the look of Beni, and his confidence must have gone through the roof after that display, the result, his MoM award and the adulation of the fans.  We really need to get a song for him, just to really make him feel part of the Hearts family.

A song for him. 😂 School holidays right enough. 

If and it's a big if Macaneef is the box to box player that he has been touted as i would play Haring Beni Macaneef and A N other i'm not having a pop at Robbie but i just think he should let the team of the leash a wee bit

11 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

A song for him. 😂 School holidays right enough. 

Every day's a school holiday for me these days :D

Perhaps we could use La donna e mobile, and sing Beni Baningime, Beni Baningime, Beni Baningime, Beni Baningime.

For the less cultured on here, La donna e mobile has nothing to do with some chav called Donna who spends her time glued to her phone.  It's the tune to which we sing 'we're from the capital, you're from a shitehole, we're from the capital, you're from a shitehole'

Edited by RobNox

One thing always stands out for me is it’s the debit so try to leave your mark…maybe im getting on but I’ve seen it before…Beni strikes me as someone who is a level above Hearts so enjoy while he is here….just like Fuller I knew he was different class and knew he would move on 😍

merseyjambo

Song for him

Keep it simple

Dave Clark 5 - Glad all over 

we’ve got………Baningime

we’ve got ………..Baningime

we’ve got baningime and he hates the Hibs

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Song for him

Keep it simple

we’ve got………Baningime

we’ve got ………..Baningime

Beni & the jets..changed to Beni & the hertz. 

B-B-B Beni & the hertz..

Beni Beni beni

Hes got electric moves & jazzy boots...😆😆

20 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Beni & the jets..changed to Beni & the hertz. 

B-B-B Beni & the hertz..

Beni Beni beni

Hes got electric moves & jazzy boots...😆😆

That's that bad that is bad 

3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks mate. I tried my best to sink as many cans as possible and cheer on the boys from the sofa. 

Glad someone other than my neighbours appreciated the effort😄

Legend!!

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Every day's a school holiday for me these days :D

Perhaps we could use La donna e mobile, and sing Beni Baningime, Beni Baningime, Beni Baningime, Beni Baningime.

For the less cultured on here, La donna e mobile has nothing to do with some chav called Donna who spends her time glued to her phone.  It's the tune to which we sing 'we're from the capital, you're from a shitehole, we're from the capital, you're from a shitehole'

Very decent.

Completely boring, but works and very simple.

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Song for him

Keep it simple

we’ve got………Baningime

we’ve got ………..Baningime

Bravo

9 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Song for him

Keep it simple

we’ve got………Baningime

we’ve got ………..Baningime

Not bad but I would go for the tune to Karma Chameleon 

Beni,Beni, Beni, Beni, Beni Baninime 

He hates the Hibs 

He hates the Hiiiiibs

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Not bad but I would go for the tune to Karma Chameleon 

Beni,Beni, Beni, Beni, Beni Baninime 

He hates the Hibs 

He hates the Hiiiiibs

I like him a lot, but that's Robbo's tune!

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm working on a song.  Does his surname rhyme with Jimmy?

No, jammy. 

How about to the tune of Wimoweh (the lion sleeps tonight): Baningime, Baningime, Baningime, Baningime 

And just repeat that ad nauseum. You could add in a verse, but why complicate things... 

Beni was great on Sat, could not have expected more in his first game. We all have to remember though he will have off days and we need to cut him a bit of slack from time to time, however if he keeps that kinda form up he will be the absolute best signing ( outwith CG) we have had over the last 5 years. HHGH!!.

From BBC:

"Beni Baningime made his debut in Hearts' midfield after signing from Everton on Friday and shone.

The 22-year-old boasted a passing accuracy over over 83%, won more more tackles than any other player, made the second-most interceptions, won 60% of his duels, and conceded just one foul.

Compare that to his opposite number Ismaila Soro. The Celtic midfielder won just 33% of his duels, conceded five fouls, made seven fewer successful tackles than Baningime and two fewer interceptions."

The bit I've highlighted in red - can any referees let us know how many fouls constitutes 'persistent fouling'?

And from me...great first game from Beni. Here's to many more!

14 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Experience tells us that this is often not the case.

Logic tells us that a player should become more comfortable as he settles in to the first team and gets more match time. But how many times have we seen it go the other way. I've lost count of the number of players I've seen perform well on their first few games and thought they can only get better and it just doesn't happen.

I mean Mark De Vreis and Jean Louis Valois never did live up to their derby showing when they were new signings and not match fit...

Mark De Vries was a brilliant striker for us. Valois was inconsistent but I would have a player like him in the team in a heartbeat.

21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That pass from Valois against Hibs for the big man's rocket was exquisite. 

Thing of beauty. Valois actually got MOM that day despite MDV scoring 4. 

Mind when MDV came into Robbos years later and was absolutely mobbed by delighted hearts fans 😂❤️ He won’t ever have to put his hand in his pocket for a pint in gorgiw. 

alwaysthereinspirit
16 hours ago, RobNox said:

No, apparently he has peaked and it's going to be downhill all the way from here 🙂

Amazing isn’t it? Sometimes I come on here and think I’ve signed into the Rev I.M. Jolly web page.

Can't remember exactly when it was, had been on the bevvy since mid afternoon. There was a moment when he had the ball and was facing side ways/ backwards and pulled out a reverse pass to put it forward to a Hearts player. A site we've not seen from a Hearts midfielder for years when the easy ball on was back to the defense. 

Boys a player 👏

20 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I wonder what Beni thought of his first game at Tynie?  Pitch looked amazing by the way.  :)

Everything at the club is amazing.....The facilities are the best

7 hours ago, micole said:

Beni was great on Sat, could not have expected more in his first game. We all have to remember though he will have off days and we need to cut him a bit of slack from time to time, however if he keeps that kinda form up he will be the absolute best signing ( outwith CG) we have had over the last 5 years. HHGH!!.

Good post......When a player is clearly having an off day. this is when we should actually get right behind him to encourage the player to never give up and battle away..

This guy is pure quality.....he will have one season with us and we will get a fantastic offer for him......of course i want him to stay longer but he will earn 15 times more down there....he is very good.....only needs games to home his technical ability. top player.

2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This guy is pure quality.....he will have one season with us and we will get a fantastic offer for him......of course i want him to stay longer but he will earn 15 times more down there....he is very good.....only needs games to home his technical ability. top player.

If he has a tremendous season then yeah but I think he will be inconsistent tbh. His first real season a 1st player he is bound to have spells where he struggles. 

alwaysthereinspirit
9 hours ago, Boof said:

From BBC:

"Beni Baningime made his debut in Hearts' midfield after signing from Everton on Friday and shone.

The 22-year-old boasted a passing accuracy over over 83%, won more more tackles than any other player, made the second-most interceptions, won 60% of his duels, and conceded just one foul.

Compare that to his opposite number Ismaila Soro. The Celtic midfielder won just 33% of his duels, conceded five fouls, made seven fewer successful tackles than Baningime and two fewer interceptions."

The bit I've highlighted in red - can any referees let us know how many fouls constitutes 'persistent fouling'?

Forget the number of fouls. The tantrum after conceding the foul leading to our second goal is a yellow for every player in every league unless you play for an @$$ cheek in Scotland 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/beni-baningime-i-didnt-come-to-tynecastle-for-money-hearts-fans-left-me-shaking-against-celtic-ive-never-seen-anything-like-it-3331594

“I was telling the boys I’ve honestly never seen anything like it. I knew fans in Scottish football were very passionate, but that was 5,000 and I was shaking at times. I was like, ‘wow’. There’s no feeling like it and I thank them for that support"

Just wait until it's full Beni, derby day looks likely.

It’s fair to say we have had players who looked brilliant for a few games and couldn’t sustain it, so a bit of of concern is maybe understandable. Tziolis is the most egregious recent example, but Lareya Kingston also springs to mind. Even Whelan got good writeups for his first couple of games.

However, all of those players were established internationalists who had no interest in the club at all and were here to pick up a paycheck on their way to a better opportunity somewhere else. So they tried for a few games and then couldn’t be arsed.

Beni is 22, he has had a handful of appearances for Everton, and in his own words he is here to ‘start his career’. He’s entirely different from the examples above. He may not shine in every game, but I’m confident he will continue to give his all.

12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s fair to say we have had players who looked brilliant for a few games and couldn’t sustain it, so a bit of of concern is maybe understandable. Tziolis is the most egregious recent example, but Lareya Kingston also springs to mind. Even Whelan got good writeups for his first couple of games.

However, all of those players were established internationalists who had no interest in the club at all and were here to pick up a paycheck on their way to a better opportunity somewhere else. So they tried for a few games and then couldn’t be arsed.

Beni is 22, he has had a handful of appearances for Everton, and in his own words he is here to ‘start his career’. He’s entirely different from the examples above. He may not shine in every game, but I’m confident he will continue to give his all.

Tzolis debut against Rangers he looked like he was on a different level. Sadly he just didn’t give a rats arse about us. 

colinmaroon
33 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

In a nutshell!

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Indeed. This is the sort of player we should be all over. Say what you like about the Championship being able to offer higher wages, it cannot match the SPL for getting recognition - Nobody outside of Middlesbrough writes about Middlesbrough for instance... I expect Beni has got himself added to several clubs' radar just from one match for Hearts against Celtic...It could take a whole season of League 1 games to get the sort of coverage Beni got for himself last Saturday.

section s heart
14 hours ago, Boof said:

From BBC:

Looked like Madden wanted a quiet night with no cards, based on not booking a guy with 5 fouls and let's be honest a really poor challenge by Halliday.

section s heart
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Spot on Doc. High hopes for Beni after Saturday but I'm happy to judge after a few more games. 

Tziolis debut still fresh in the mind. Outstanding display but as you say he couldn't be arsed.

davemclaren

Just to comfirm that JKB is sponsoring Beni’s home shirt this season. To have a chance of winning it at the end of the season then sign up here. 

18 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

I'm in agreement Doc Rob, one hundred percent. 

As I said in the original post, this may be the transfer strategy from our Director of Football - identify 'distressed assets' - those who need game time in a setting where they can shine. Rangers and Celtic have done this with some of their signings, I wonder if Scott Sinclair (snapped from Villa) offers a parable? He was a class player whose career has had twists and turns - Celtic got serious VFM. 

I just hope, and pray, the same strategy can be applied to snatch us a striker. What it would mean to have an out-and-out sharp shooter in a maroon top this season. We've got players, but they are slow. That's where you want to put all your chips on red (or maroon) as the saying goes. 

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Missed the lot today, how did he look?

Unflashy  but done the ugly stuff as did Haring , terrific signing 

On 02/08/2021 at 22:18, AlimOzturk said:

Tzolis debut against Rangers he looked like he was on a different level. Sadly he just didn’t give a rats arse about us. 

a greek guy i used to work with said to me just after we signed him that he was amazed we got him as he was that good. sadly he did not apply himself or care because if he did we would have had IMO someone who would have become a legend or at least a cult hero for us

copa-mundial
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Missed the lot today, how did he look?

Done well. Breaks down play, wins tackles. 

Wasn't as standout as he was last week for the obvious reasons, but still done very well. 

Got booked early in the game for a late tackle. 

Be way more effective in games where the opposition play through midfield. 

Its another full 90 minutes in his legs. Hes only going to get better. 

Delighted to have him. 

4 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Wasn't as standout as he was last week for the obvious reasons, but still done very well. 

Delighted to have him. 

that was my take on him today, not as good as v celtic but still did well. i see a lot more to come from him

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Delighted to have him. 

Yes, looks quality. If we didn't see as much of him it was because St Mirren bypassed midfield an awful lot and they didn't have nearly as much possession as Celtic did so he had less to do in a defensive sense.

He still played a big part in both our goals, playing the assist to the assist for both - both times he was there to take the ball in a dangerous position and play the right pass. Looks the real deal.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Unflashy  but done the ugly stuff as did Haring , terrific signing 

And the good stuff. Check our two goals - showed good composure and awareness in the build up to both

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 02/08/2021 at 16:07, section s heart said:

Looked like Madden wanted a quiet night with no cards, based on not booking a guy with 5 fouls and let's be honest a really poor challenge by Halliday.

Not to mention ignoring Soro's even worse challenge on Halliday.

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not to mention ignoring Soro's even worse challenge on Halliday.

Absolutely 100% spot on

31A91DA7-D2B1-4668-A187-9367BB5DF4D2.jpeg

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

a greek guy i used to work with said to me just after we signed him that he was amazed we got him as he was that good. sadly he did not apply himself or care because if he did we would have had IMO someone who would have become a legend or at least a cult hero for us

You could see his quality immediately. 

Think the lack of quality around him might have been a factor in him essentially calling it in. 

Was always going to be a bit of a come down but was good again. Silly yellow card mind but was composed and stifled McGrath, once hes match fit he will be a machine.