Beni Baningime

Deodato

Welcome Beni! 

Some decent footage of him here. Perhaps a transfer strategy is to go last minute and snatch underpriced  'distressed assets' - players who need a home and quick before the season starts. 

Encouraging. 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• milky_26

• Bongo 1874

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonsgotop

spoke with a friend of mine today who is an Everton STH and he spoke quite highly of him. Said he looked really good initially but had maybe stalled a bit due to lack of opportunities. He said Everton were trying to reduce their wage bill and were moving on quite a few players. I guess time will tell if he can push on with us but potentially a very decent signing. Let's hope so.

PhoenixHearts

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Baningime? 

Heard an Everton guy on YouTube say "ban-EN-ga-me" but that's just one guy so can't confirm.

(At the 1:47 Mark in this video)

Have also heard a French pronunciation of "Ba-nahn-zheem"...?

Edited by PhoenixHearts

24 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Heard an Everton guy on YouTube say "ban-EN-ga-me" but that's just one guy so can't confirm.

jamboinglasgow

Its an interesting one, certainly a player who fits our aim of a young promising player who we can develop and hopefully get good use out of before they move on. Certainly he has been signed to improve the team in what he brings (energy, pace and able to quickly recycle the ball.) Certainly it does feel like a Kamara signing. When Dundee signed him, he was around a similar point, Karama was 21 and Baningime is 22. He had a couple of loan moves where he only had a handful of games. Both had a similar number of apperances in their career. Now if Baningime is anywhere near Kamara then we are onto a winner.

Had a look at his recent seasons, as the dreaded parts in reports about his career is the "hampered by injury." Using Transfermarkt which gives apperances for EPL 2 (reserve/U23 football) last season he played every game for Everton reserves except the last one as that happened with his move to Derby. While at Derby he only made 2 apperances, and was on the bench for 9 (without coming on) and not in the squad for 9. It is not listed as injured or suspended. So it does appear that he has kept fit for the season or at least most of it.

The previous season he played 13 out of the 18 EPL games that season, he also was on the bench for the first team 10 times (including 8 out of 9 of the last 9 games of the season.) He played 3 EFL trophy games. Season 2918/19 appears to the injury hampered season, he had an ankle injury from July to October. This appears to have meant he missed most of pre-season. He played two EPL2 games then went in Wigan in January, was on the bench for the first game, played the next game and was never in the squad after that. Tried to look online if there was any articles on why he barely played but could not see. Seeing this season is the one after he made his big break through probably explains a lot at why he is with us. He did not get the breaks and it hampered him. Overall from everything I have seen I think it harsh to see him as injury prone, more an injury came at the worst possible time.

Hope he is a success, Everton fans highly rate him. Hopefully he becomes a great signing for us.

50 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

The actual pronunciation,now he’s here is.....     . Bang em in ......    . 🤫

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its an interesting one, certainly a player who fits our aim of a young promising player who we can develop and hopefully get good use out of before they move on. Certainly he has been signed to improve the team in what he brings (energy, pace and able to quickly recycle the ball.) Certainly it does feel like a Kamara signing. When Dundee signed him, he was around a similar point, Karama was 21 and Baningime is 22. He had a couple of loan moves where he only had a handful of games. Both had a similar number of apperances in their career. Now if Baningime is anywhere near Kamara then we are onto a winner.

Had a look at his recent seasons, as the dreaded parts in reports about his career is the "hampered by injury." Using Transfermarkt which gives apperances for EPL 2 (reserve/U23 football) last season he played every game for Everton reserves except the last one as that happened with his move to Derby. While at Derby he only made 2 apperances, and was on the bench for 9 (without coming on) and not in the squad for 9. It is not listed as injured or suspended. So it does appear that he has kept fit for the season or at least most of it.

The previous season he played 13 out of the 18 EPL games that season, he also was on the bench for the first team 10 times (including 8 out of 9 of the last 9 games of the season.) He played 3 EFL trophy games. Season 2918/19 appears to the injury hampered season, he had an ankle injury from July to October. This appears to have meant he missed most of pre-season. He played two EPL2 games then went in Wigan in January, was on the bench for the first game, played the next game and was never in the squad after that. Tried to look online if there was any articles on why he barely played but could not see. Seeing this season is the one after he made his big break through probably explains a lot at why he is with us. He did not get the breaks and it hampered him. Overall from everything I have seen I think it harsh to see him as injury prone, more an injury came at the worst possible time.

Hope he is a success, Everton fans highly rate him. Hopefully he becomes a great signing for us.

Quality post,  thank you. 

He's played about 10 senior games, I wish him all the best with us. However lets not get over excited just because he played for Everton. Pereira played for a massive club too...

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

He's played about 10 senior games, I wish him all the best with us. However lets not get over excited just because he played for Everton. Pereira played for a massive club too...

At 22 having spent most of his time with a top side, that's not too surprising especially in a position like his. It's encouraging he was with them so long and seems to have been a mainstay of their U23/reserve side. Because he's been compared (in style) to Kante, I looked up to see where Kante was at 22 and he'd played 30+ games but at French 3rd tier level. Not sire how that compares with EPL2 level but I'd guess worse? So my analysis proves we have signed the next Kante.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At 22 having spent most of his time with a top side, that's not too surprising especially in a position like his. It's encouraging he was with them so long and seems to have been a mainstay of their U23/reserve side. Because he's been compared (in style) to Kante, I looked up to see where Kante was at 22 and he'd played 30+ games but at French 3rd tier level. Not sire how that compares with EPL2 level but I'd guess worse? So my analysis proves we have signed the next Kante.

I very much hope you are right.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, gjcc said:

Give it a few months and it’ll be pronounced “Beni-useless II”

Or Beniuseful. I made that joke before and like it so much I want to make it again.

At least the guy didn’t get Clare’s superstar build up when he arrived!

We are due to sign a gem surely!

Finlay James

An Everton supporting mate of mine is very surprised they let him go and says he is a good player.  Apparently lots of Everton fans wanted Beni to fill the role that Morgan Schneiderlein had in the team as they saw him as being much more dynamic.

Im quietly optimistic about this signing.

12 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Watched 3 mins 11 secs didn't see him once. You get right link?

It's not the best, agreed. YouTube doesn't have much in the way of highlights. 

Hopefully this, perhaps, is more informative. 

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty conclusive tbf

A_A wehatethehibs

Welcome Beni

Give the lad time to grow into it. First 5-10 games, as long as he doesn’t make too many mistakes, that’s the key

It will take time, a lot of hard work ahead for him but to be in an academy at that level of the game for that length of time, we know there is ability and good education there. Excited to see what he can bring to the league 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Welcome Beni

Give the lad time to grow into it. First 5-10 games, as long as he doesn’t make too many mistakes, that’s the key

It will take time, a lot of hard work ahead for him but to be in an academy at that level of the game for that length of time, we know there is ability and good education there. Excited to see what he can bring to the league 

I think a good way to think about him is not look at the number of games he's had but think of him as an academy graduate ready to break through. At 22 he's on the old side to do that, say he was a grad of our academy, but for Everton it'll be much harder to break through. And we've had players who only really started establishing themselves at 21/22 before. He's a really interesting signing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Decent player. I'm another one who has friends down in Everton (see post about Big Dunc...) he is very technical and has a lot of skill. Simply couldn't get in Everton because of strength in depth there. But v highly rated and "you have won a watch" was reaction 

Has a really unorthodox running style. It's like he stoops or runs like he's in pain. 

No real point, just an observation

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, jambogirlglasgow said:

He’s been immense in the first half. 

Unlike the invisible Halliday 🙄

He’s been good. He’s got a good way of sneaking tackles in reminiscent of the way Flogel used to do. Solid start. 

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Immense second half, immense. 10/10 the boys class. 

Listening to it on the radio and Collins said he is better than Soros.  

Both collins and levein think he is class.  

What a ****ing brilliant performance. Literally everywhere. Hard to remember a better debut, De Vries of course as a home debut.