Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Hesh

• Jambof3tornado

• Mikey1874

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not been keeping this up to date. 

But good win over Celtic yesterday 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-3-2-celtic-wee-jambos-win-oriam-thriller

Naisy's interview is interesting, things could change for the better, it's important we keep him at club no matter whose cage he rattles.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Naisy's interview is interesting, things could change for the better, it's important we keep him at club no matter whose cage he rattles.

I thought John Rankin was a bit vocal when he was in charge, but Naismith is even more so.  If anything, it is too much and doesn't allow the players on the park to think for themselves enough.  As an example, the first two Hearts corners were butchered as Naismith shouted instructions just as they were being taken, leading to indecision on whether to take it short or play it directly into the box. One ended up being played back, back again and again, losing possession and defending a one v one at the edge of the Hearts box.

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought John Rankin was a bit vocal when he was in charge, but Naismith is even more so.  If anything, it is too much and doesn't allow the players on the park to think for themselves enough.  As an example, the first two Hearts corners were butchered as Naismith shouted instructions just as they were being taken, leading to indecision on whether to take it short or play it directly into the box. One ended up being played back, back again and again, losing possession and defending a one v one at the edge of the Hearts box.

I remember Ranks sitting them down at HT and slaughtering them after a poor first half against a far better Hibs side, everyone could hear him including senior figures at club. I admit Naisy does what you say but they have to learn to think on their feet as something needs to change for any of them to push on.

Fitba really needs to move away from screaming at kids/youths - it neither works with the generation of players now and it's unproductive. The only shouting you should hear is the players communicating with each other.

Malinga the Swinga
12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Why don't you write into Hearts and complain. I'm sure Naismith would appreciate your comments.

jambo-rocker
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why don't you write into Hearts and complain. I'm sure Naismith would appreciate your comments.

It's a perfectly constructive point tbf.

John Findlay

Steven Naismith is learning along with the players. I'm sure one of the things he will learn is when to shout and when to not shout.

As for John Rankine slaughtering players at U18 level at half-time, I personally have no qualms with this, I didn't when receiving it when a 13 Yr old onwards, and I didn't when I was running Travaux FC(Hampshire) from U12s to U16s with my ex father in law.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Great start to the weekend.

Wonder if Kirk played or has been kept back for Livvy.

Lone Striker
58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Superb news.      Crush them at every opportunity, Hearts.  :jambobanana:

52 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

dunno i just assumed they beat Rangers 

It certainly is Rangers.  Hibs were trounced in the semi. Mair deja vu.

11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wonder if Naismith was shouting too much at players.

Always good to get result against them.

Rode our luck I believe, magic.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thank you

No worries, I don’t think there’s anything official because it’s a development league, this guy just collates the scores and does the table too

21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wonder if Naismith was shouting too much at players.

Always good to get result against them.

Absolute :cornette:

On 18/03/2022 at 23:26, SpruceBringsteen said:

The son of Garry O'Connor missed their penalty.

JmUm4uj.jpg

How old is Naismith again?  🤷🏿‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...