• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Hesh

• Jambof3tornado

• Mikey1874

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

An old stand out Hearts youth Marc Leonard started for Brighton tonight, not sure if debut, but well done.

Think it was. He scored twice for the 23s on Friday night so looks like he’s making an impression

pattythejambo
15 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

An old stand out Hearts youth Marc Leonard started for Brighton tonight, not sure if debut, but well done.

Good news as I was told full transfer fee agreed was due on him making first team debut.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2021 at 12:14, Footballfirst said:

Kemp was one of 3 Hutchie trialists who were brought in, but the other two appear to have been released.

Sandilands has come in from Rangers and appears worth signing for his goal scoring if nothing else.

Devlin came from Celtic along with Spence who has also played in the last week or so.

Forrester, also from Rangers, appears to have been released as he has not appeared in recent games. 

Just announced that he's signed a pro contract

The U18s got humped 4-2 by Dundee Utd at Riccarton this afternoon.

After dominating the first half and passing up on at least three gilt edged chances, Hearts conceded the opening goal in the last minute.

It looked as if a half time talking to by Rankin and Naismith had done its job when Ewan Simpson equalised two minutes into the second half.  However it was not to be as United hit back almost immediately with a couple of goals of their own. A fourth goal late on from the penalty spot confirmed their deserved win, although Max Williamson grabbed a consolation goal in stoppage time.

It was a poor performance all round.  The forwards spurned great chances or were reluctant to shoot, while the whole defence had a bit of a mare with a series of individual mistakes, slips and losing possession unnecessarily.

McFarlane

Rathie Flatman Forrester

Hambrook Thomas Gordon Simpson Tait

Kirk Sandilands  

Subs used: McLuckie Williamson, Kemp 

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The U18s got humped 4-2 by Dundee Utd at Riccarton this afternoon.

After dominating the first half and passing up on at least three gilt edged chances, Hearts conceded the opening goal in the last minute.

It looked as if a half time talking to by Rankin and Naismith had done its job when Ewan Simpson equalised two minutes into the second half.  However it was not to be as United hit back almost immediately with a couple of goals of their own. A fourth goal late on from the penalty spot confirmed their deserved win, although Max Williamson grabbed a consolation goal in stoppage time.

It was a poor performance all round.  The forwards spurned great chances or were reluctant to shoot, while the whole defence had a bit of a mare with a series of individual mistakes, slips and losing possession unnecessarily.

McFarlane

Rathie Flatman Forrester

Hambrook Thomas Gordon Simpson Tait

Kirk Sandilands  

Subs used: McLuckie Williamson, Kemp 

Dutd not top?

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Dutd not top?

I haven't seen a table.  I wasn't impressed by Dundee Utd either.  It was a scrappy game with Hearts failings magnified much more than United's.

Portable Badger
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't seen a table.  I wasn't impressed by Dundee Utd either.  It was a scrappy game with Hearts failings magnified much more than United's.

Poor result and game by the sounds of it then.  Shame as they have the likes of Rathie, Flatman, Hambrook , Kirk and Sandilands who are well thought of

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

They don’t do a table as it’s a development league, but yes they are 

I'm sure that they keep a table, with the winners gaining entry to the U19 UEFA Youth League, equivalent to the Europa League, in the following season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Never too impressed by youth matches, at any level, Champions League one's are not that great.

You learn by your mistakes, days like today probably quite valuable 

I was at the game with a mate and too be fair a number if the players were on their arse throughout the game. Not sure if that had to do with them watering the pitch before the game 

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

I was at the academy this morning for the U13 and U15s games against Rangers. I chose to watch the U15s (mainly because I could get a seat under cover).  I think I chose the wrong game.

The U13s game went 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 (Jayden Mathie hat trick), then a raft of substitutions, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, before Hearts got a late winner to finish 5-4.

The U15s game was a bit less entertaining, in fact it wasn't the greatest game to watch with few chances.  Hearts lost 1-2, but the game had a bizarre ending.  Rangers should have had a man sent off early on for a wild lunge, but the ref only showed a yellow.  He also gave Hearts a soft penalty which looked like a good challenge with no-one appealing for it, but that was the least of his mistakes.

36 minutes into the second half, and without warning, the ref checked his watch and blew for full time.  Needless to say this caused a bit of consternation among the spectators (mainly parents and scouts) and the coaching staff of both sides.  The coaches spoke to the referee to point out his mistake, but he refused to restart the game.  After a delay of 6 or 7 minutes, it led to the bizarre spectacle of the referee walking off around the pitch while the teams agreed to restart the game, but with no referee.

I do hope that both clubs report the referee.  I won't name him, but he's the worst I have seen in years at any level of football.  I've seen him referee a few times now and he causes controversy at every game.  After a game full of refereeing errors, there was a full scale riot in the last minute of an U20 game I watched a couple of weeks ago involving all the players, and coaching staff from both sides. It started with a bit of pushing and ended up with punches thrown. The result was two yellow cards, and over 8 minutes stoppage time.  It was 6-0 at the time. If he had any sense he would have blown for full time right on the 90 minute mark.   

In another Hearts U13 game this season he sent off two Hearts players for dissent, before failing to send off a goalkeeper who made a full length diving save to push away a goal bound shot. The only problem was that the keeper was 5 yards outside his box when he made the save. The ref saw it as he gave a free kick, but no red card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2021 at 18:12, Footballfirst said:

I was at the academy this morning for the U13 and U15s games against Rangers. I chose to watch the U15s (mainly because I could get a seat under cover).  I think I chose the wrong game.

The U13s game went 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 (Jayden Mathie hat trick), then a raft of substitutions, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, before Hearts got a late winner to finish 5-4.

The U15s game was a bit less entertaining, in fact it wasn't the greatest game to watch with few chances.  Hearts lost 1-2, but the game had a bizarre ending.  Rangers should have had a man sent off early on for a wild lunge, but the ref only showed a yellow.  He also gave Hearts a soft penalty which looked like a good challenge with no-one appealing for it, but that was the least of his mistakes.

36 minutes into the second half, and without warning, the ref checked his watch and blew for full time.  Needless to say this caused a bit of consternation among the spectators (mainly parents and scouts) and the coaching staff of both sides.  The coaches spoke to the referee to point out his mistake, but he refused to restart the game.  After a delay of 6 or 7 minutes, it led to the bizarre spectacle of the referee walking off around the pitch while the teams agreed to restart the game, but with no referee.

I do hope that both clubs report the referee.  I won't name him, but he's the worst I have seen in years at any level of football.  I've seen him referee a few times now and he causes controversy at every game.  After a game full of refereeing errors, there was a full scale riot in the last minute of an U20 game I watched a couple of weeks ago involving all the players, and coaching staff from both sides. It started with a bit of pushing and ended up with punches thrown. The result was two yellow cards, and over 8 minutes stoppage time.  It was 6-0 at the time. If he had any sense he would have blown for full time right on the 90 minute mark.   

In another Hearts U13 game this season he sent off two Hearts players for dissent, before failing to send off a goalkeeper who made a full length diving save to push away a goal bound shot. The only problem was that the keeper was 5 yards outside his box when he made the save. The ref saw it as he gave a free kick, but no red card.

A cert for fast tracking into the SPL then

Footballfirst

Hearts U16s/U17s are playing round robin matches against Manchester United and Dundee United at the Oriam this morning.

The games are 25 minutes each way.

Hearts lost 0-2 against Manchester United in the first game. However the goals they lost were soft. Hearts also hit the post three times, so we're a bit unlucky not to take something from the game.

Hearts lineup

Paris

Beagley Forrester Smutek (Anderson) Nair

Crookson Chisholm Spence Sandilands McLuckie

Ross (Wilson).

Dundee United v Manchester United is just about to start.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Manchester United won the second game 3-2.

Hearts v Dundee United next.

Any standout talents in those age groups FF?

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Any standout talents in those age groups FF?

None I would call a standout, but a few tidy players.

Currently 1-1 in the final game after 15 minutes.

Footballfirst

Lineup for Hearts second game

Paris (Wilkie)

Nelson Smutek Anderson Beagley (Spence)

Wilson Sandilands (Lovie) Chisholm (McLuckie) Stevenson McLuckie (Plesiewicz)

Ross (Sandilands)

Finished 1-1

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lineup for Hearts second game

Paris (Wilkie)

Nelson Smutek Anderson Beagley (Spence)

Wilson Sandilands (Lovie) Chisholm (McLuckie) Stevenson McLuckie (Plesiewicz)

Ross (Sandilands)

Finished 1-1

I see McLuckie and Sandilands mentioned twice (starting and coming on as subs) is that there are two who are presumably brothers or is it they were subbed off then subbed back on later in the match?

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Footballfirst
48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I see McLuckie and Sandilands mentioned twice (starting and coming on as subs) is that there are two who are presumably brothers or is it they were subbed off then subbed back on later in the match?

Yes. Subbed, than back on due to others limping off.

Footballfirst

Earlier this afternoon, Scotland U16s beat the Republic of Ireland 1-0 in the opening game of the Victory Shield that is being played in Belfast.

Ewan Simpson is Hearts only player in the squad, but started on the bench. I don't know if he got on for his first cap.

19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ffs 🥺

Footballfirst

Scotland's 2nd game in the Victory Shield is being streamed live on Youtube.

Ewan Simpson (#19) starts for Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Scotland 0-1 down, but move started with the NI keeper collecting the ball outside his box.

730163871_NIkeeper.JPG.24620fd76feb96edbdcb3b18ba55c5c9.JPG

Keeper at least a yard outside. You can tell why the lad for NI Morrison is at Liverpool.  

Footballfirst

Ewan Simpson came on as a substitute in today's 2-0 win against Wales in the Victory Shield.  Scotland will share the Shield with Wales (and N Ireland if they beat ROI this afternoon). There are no tie breaks of goal difference or head to head.