Levein Shouldering the Blame and wishing Souttar the best for new season!

a11ank

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Dagger Is Back

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Funny how you didn't mention it in your first reply to me. 

Why would I? You brought up ancient European results then started going on about how right you were so I pointed out how wrong you were. But yes you might be right if Hibs win their next tie against similar opposition to Neilson. So you'll be hoping for a Hibs win then?

Greedy Jambo

Not at all, a 6-0 loss would do me nicely. 

1 result isn't going to change the fact that Ross could have done a job at hearts for free. 

All the fecking money we've spent and we're back with Neilson again :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not at all, a 6-0 loss would do me nicely. 

1 result isn't going to change the fact that Ross could have done a job at hearts for free. 

All the fecking money we've spent and we're back with Neilson again :rofl:

Neilson wins at head to heads and Premiership positions and has performed better in cup finals. In the Premiership, Ross got 3rd and 7th. Neilson got 3rd and was in 2nd when he left. There is zero evidence Ross is a better manager than Neilson but we might get an idea this season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There is zero evidence Ross is a better manager than Neilson but we might get an idea this season.

I've never said Ross is a better manager than Neilson, I've always thought they were much and much alike. (although i would suggest that ross has made a bigger impact in shorter period o time with less resources)

My point was that we already had Ross on the books, we got rid of him, then interviewed him again, which is ****ing crazy. 

It makes you think what actually went on, first time around. 

(Levein)

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Class of 75
On 29/07/2021 at 17:21, Dagger Is Back said:

I rest my case m'lud. It's hardly a very high bar is it John? As far as I'm aware WM didn't make such a pigs ear of it at Aberdeen that he tarnished his legend status to quite such a degree. We were asked to put our trust in CL after a Herculean effort on the part of thousands to save our club which we did and he failed miserably to repay that trust in my eyes. 

He should STFU re Hearts. The path we've taken to be where we are today was laid by him and facilitated by AB and her Board

100% agree. I think there are still questions that need to be asked about Levein's spell at Hearts post admin, especially wrt the calibre of players signed, the quantity and length of contracts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've never said Ross is a better manager than Neilson, I've always thought they were much and much alike. (although i would suggest that ross has made a bigger impact with less resources)

My point was that we already had Ross on the books, we got rid of him, then interviewed him again, which is ****ing crazy. 

(Levein)

Ross has had much better resources than Neilson? He's spent loads in the transfer market. And how has he had a better impact? Neilson has a better points per game record in the Premiership than Ross without forking out 200k here and there for the likes of MacGennis and Nisbet.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 29/07/2021 at 09:21, Dagger Is Back said:

I rest my case m'lud. It's hardly a very high bar is it John? As far as I'm aware WM didn't make such a pigs ear of it at Aberdeen that he tarnished his legend status to quite such a degree. We were asked to put our trust in CL after a Herculean effort on the part of thousands to save our club which we did and he failed miserably to repay that trust in my eyes. 

He should STFU re Hearts. The path we've taken to be where we are today was laid by him and facilitated by AB and her Board

I think you should have a look back at Willie Miller's record as both manager and director/DoF at Aberdeen (in terms of the state he left them in). You might change your tune.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Ross has had much better resources than Neilson? He's spent loads in the transfer market. And how has he had a better impact? Neilson has a better points per game record in the Premiership than Ross without forking out 200k here and there for the likes of MacGennis and Nisbet.

FOH and Benefactors vs...

They may have paid more money for single players, but we've pissed away a fortune. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

FOH and Benefactors vs...

They may have paid more money for single players, but we've pissed away a fortune. 

Neilson hasn't. While he's been manager we've sold two players for over 1m (although he can't exactly take credit for Hickey but it's still a fact we got that money and he didn't get it to spend) and I think his biggest transfer fee was around 70k (or maybe 170k) for John Souttar. 

Makes no difference to managers where the money comes from anyhow. Fact is, Ross has had bigger budgets at Hibs than Neilson has had at Hearts so far.

Again, there is zero evidence Ross is a better manager than Neilson.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo

I'll take your word for that. 

But if you're talking about facts, the person that has let the money be squandered is the same person that has re-appointed Neilson, and purely for comfort imo. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'll take your word for that. 

But if you're talking about facts, the person that has let the money be squandered is the same person that has re-appointed Neilson, and purely for comfort imo. 

Ah so this is really about Budge. Ok never mind carry on

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ah so this is really about Budge. Ok never mind carry on

It's about the whole shit show really, but yeah, i don't rate Neilson and his style of football doesn't make me want to get a season ticket. 

There's many like me and they should take note. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's about the whole shit show really, but yeah, i don't rate Neilson and his style of football doesn't make me want to get a season ticket. 

There's many like me and they should take note. 

Well you should be happy this season so far and the tail end of last season because he's been playing a much more attacking formation and style.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well you should be happy this season so far and the tail end of last season because he's been playing a much more attacking formation and style.

I'll give him a chance. 

We seemed to be playing better stuff against Inverness, but it was Inverness and we didn't get the 2 goals that were needed. 

Watch this space. 

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think you should have a look back at Willie Miller's record as both manager and director/DoF at Aberdeen (in terms of the state he left them in). You might change your tune.

In situ for 3 years, two second places albeit in next to bottom spot in year 3 and avoided relegation via a play off. Two cup final appearances but no silverware.

I’ve seen worse records. Times perhaps a healer but the Aberdeen fans I’ve spoken to don’t hold the same disdain for WM as some of us do for CL.

Regardless, it doesn’t change our situation and the fact that Levein for whatever reason, left us in a mess

ford donald
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've never said Ross is a better manager than Neilson, I've always thought they were much and much alike. (although i would suggest that ross has made a bigger impact in shorter period o time with less resources)

(Levein)

I beleive Ross is a better manager than Neilson,time will prove that,he took Celtic and Rangers games to the wire last season,I was impressed.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

7 years is stretching it quite considerably. Maybe you just can't count? Or work calendars? Or read football results given you seemed unaware Neilson played a tie before Birkiri, a game we would have won if Bauben hadn't missed a pen. 

Missed a pk and hit the bar twice. 

Shit happens, their second goal was a cracker as well. 

Did we win the 2nd round  tie and out 3rd, or was it 1st and out 2nd? 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Missed a pk and hit the bar twice. 

Shit happens, their second goal was a cracker as well. 

Did we win the 2nd round  tie and out 3rd, or was it 1st and out 2nd? 

1st and out 2nd. We did enough in the Birkirkara games to win both legs of that tie. 

15 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

(Levein)

If we only we had kept Ross and kicked out Levein!

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

1st and out 2nd. We did enough in the Birkirkara games to win both legs of that tie. 

But we didn’t though did we and we ended up with our worst and most embarrassing result in Europe!

You’ll be telling me we did enough to beat Brora next…..

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But we didn’t though did we and we ended up with our worst and most embarrassing result in Europe!

You’ll be telling me we did enough to beat Brora next…..

Sometimes a defeat is just a defeat and yes they can be unlucky. Birkirkara was, Brora definitely wasn't.