• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Yoda

• stevie1874

• Diego10

portobellojambo1

When I look at the league all I can really see is that the champions will be Rangers. Thereafter I think all other places are up for grabs, it all depends how the other clubs, including us, approach each game. It is a season I think where Celtic will be rebuilding, the side outwith the OF who approach everything correctly will have a chance of pinching 2nd place. At this moment I think we need two or three players to strengthen us across the board, if we get those players and play without fear of any other team then there is a chance we could be in the mix. Maybe being a bit over confident, but where we finish is 100% in our own hands.

The Mighty Thor

I suspect we'll be bumping around the bottom third of the table up to Christmas when the board will catch on to the situation and remove Bob. From then we'll probably consolidate to an 7th or 8th place. 

Cup runs;

League Cup - out next round

Scottish Cup - out at the first relatively difficult away trip. 

Burford Jamtart

League:  Bottom half

Cup:  Won’t win it

League cup:  Out at Celtic Park

Unfortunately I can’t see much change to the team from last year.

1. still has no pace at the back.

2. not enough creativity in the middle of the park

3. better teams than Ayr, Alloa etc will sit in and counter us

4. Stronger teams will pen us back and we’ll end up punting it up the park with it coming straight back at us.

3/4 signings needed to really change the style and dynamics of the team.

15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Double winners, invited to English Premiership, Neilson on Honours List

It’s going to be terrible when the alarm clock goes off and the dream ends.😂😂

Out the league cup net round, 1/4 finals of Scottish, scrape 6th place and it will be declared a massive coup by a few on here.

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

38 games until we find out

👍

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

When I look at the league all I can really see is that the champions will be Rangers. Thereafter I think all other places are up for grabs, it all depends how the other clubs, including us, approach each game. It is a season I think where Celtic will be rebuilding, the side outwith the OF who approach everything correctly will have a chance of pinching 2nd place. At this moment I think we need two or three players to strengthen us across the board, if we get those players and play without fear of any other team then there is a chance we could be in the mix. Maybe being a bit over confident, but where we finish is 100% in our own hands.

2nd is certainly achievable.

It wouldn't take that much investment. (A new manager would also help buy that's for another thread)

A poor Rangers will stroll this league but as you say every other place is up for grabs as everyone else are as bad as each other.

18 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Us, Aberdeen and Hibs look much of a muchness to me IMO. I wouldn't swap our defence or attack for Hibs but I would take a couple of their 200 midfielders/wingers off them to bolster our numbers. Aberdeen have the most overall strength in depth and Brown, McCrorie and Ferguson are all good quality, although Brown's legs are going and Ferguson wants away.

A combined side from us, Aberdeen and Hibs would have as many Hearts players as Aberdeen and Hibs ones for me.

Gordon

Smith Souttar Gallacher Doig

McCrorie  Brown Ferguson

GMS Boyce Boyle

If Beni's the real deal he can take Brown's place in that team.

Decent team that. Just don’t get the hype about Doig as every time I’ve seen him he either doesn’t last 90 minutes or his defensive positioning is lacking. All be it I’ve only watched him in a handful of games, but I suspect you would be the same. Hibs media/propaganda machine is second to none over the last few season. 

glynnlondon

Bottom six we're not good haven't been for years stopped deluding myself after the PT reaction game under Cathro.

Another wasted season awaits perhaps I'll be wrong I ****ing hope so but I haven't been yet unfortunately.

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

38 games until we find out

Maybe only 30......:62:

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Gambo said:

2nd is certainly achievable.

It wouldn't take that much investment. (A new manager would also help buy that's for another thread)

A poor Rangers will stroll this league but as you say every other place is up for grabs as everyone else are as bad as each other.

2nd would be bordering on a miracle.

Much investment... like £40-£60m over two seasons?

Rangers are not poor either.

Be prepared to be disappointed not only this season but likely for your lifetime.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2nd would be bordering on a miracle.

Much investment... like £40-£60m over two seasons?

Rangers are not poor either.

Be prepared to be disappointed not only this season but likely for your lifetime.

One of the worst Rangers teams in my lifetime made to look good as everyone else is so bad.

2nd this season would be no miracle, it may be hard but certainly no miracle.

The very low levels of expectation you have from Hearts means there is zero chance of you ever being disappointed.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

One of the worst Rangers teams in my lifetime made to look good as everyone else is so bad.

The very low levels of expectation you have from Hearts means there is zero chance of you ever being disappointed.

That's the new  go to phrase on here.

Replace Rangers with Championship, league, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts  or team X.

It's used as a way to emphasis a point that has no basis of fact and to somehow make any ridiculous  statement have credibility.

Your last line is funny as I was torn a new on on here recently for daring to say that 3rd/ 4th should always be achievable by Hearts as many thought that was not realistic.

Strange.

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Some people setting the bar low for some reason 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's the new  go to phrase on here.

Replace Rangers with Championship, league, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts  or team X.

It's used as a way to emphasis a point that has no basis of fact and to somehow make any ridiculous  statement have credibility.

Your last line is funny as I was torn a new on on here recently for daring to say that 3rd/ 4th should always be achievable by Hearts as many thought that was not realistic.

Strange.

Not so strange, that you won't be on here after we finish below 4th, claiming it's objective met and everything is rosey in the garden.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Not so strange, that you won't be on here after we finish below 4th, claiming it's objective met and everything is rosey in the garden.

Not sure what you mean by this? 

I'm quite consistent in my posts, win lose or draw. 

Should I want everybody oot if we end up 5th?

I don't know our objectives. 

I've never mentioned everything being rosey in the garden. 

In short, what a strange wee post. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure what you mean by this? 

I'm quite consistent in my posts, win lose or draw. 

Should I want everybody oot if we end up 5th?

I don't know our objectives. 

I've never mentioned everything being rosey in the garden. 

In short, what a strange wee post. 

You say 3rd /4th should always be achievable and I agree, the difference is you will defend Neilson even if we finish in the bottom 6, where most fans will see that as failure and expect him to be punted.

It's only you, Budge, a handful of Kickbackers and all H1b5 fans that are happy with Neilson in post.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

You say 3rd /4th should always be achievable and I agree, the difference is you will defend Neilson even if we finish in the bottom 6, where most fans will see that as failure and expect him to be punted.

It's only you, Budge, a handful of Kickbackers and all H1b5 fans that are happy with Neilson in post.

If we finish in the bottom 6 he should be replaced. 

I'm neither happy or sad that Bob is in the post, but as Hearts manager he gets my support. 

Again, you've just made up a lot of shite for reasons best known to you. 

Oh, and Bob was the last guy to have us 3rd, irony is strong with some. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Yoda said:

Quiet now m8?

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

In the last ten years they've spent 4 in the lower leagues.  But sure, a team that won the league unbeaten conceding barely any goals and got to the last 16 in Europe is terrible.

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Quiet now m8?

Celebrating like most fans.

I only want the best for my club.