• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Yoda

• stevie1874

• Diego10

No Idle Talk

League - I am expecting us to be somewhere around the middle. 4th-6th. 

Scottish Cup - In it to win it. See what the draw throws up.

League Cup - We'll go out at Parkhead. ☹️

Individual players - I am hoping for Craig Gordon, John Souttar, Peter Haring, Josh Ginnelly and Liam Boyce all to have good seasons. If all five play well and stay clear of injuries then I think we will do well as a team.

I predict...

5 defeats will be blamed on Levein.

Boyce will be highly complimented and lambasted within the space of two games.

Our Academy will be questioned.

A plane will be hired.

To be top 6 means winning games away from Edinburgh - something lots of fans are overlooking. I would be surprised if we win 6 games outside Edinburgh all season tbh.

In the 2019/20 season we won just 2 away games and both of them were against Hibs. Last season saw 6 away wins in the Championship. Drastic away form improvement is needed before talk of top 4 or top 6 isn’t seen as fantasy stuff.

Saint Jambo

As it stands, if we get lucky and our first XI stay fit, then around 4th. Add one or two players to that and potentially 3rd.

If we don't get luck with injuries then 5th to 8th. If we get unlucky with injuries then 9th or 10th. Our squad is thin, but there is also some real dross in the league.

League cup I expect to go out in the next round. Scottish cup who knows. St Johnstone showed that cups are a lottery. A favourable draw few good performances from our first XI could easily carry us to the final.

With the squad as it is, 5th or 6th will be the likely outcome. I'm basing that on it being no stronger than the relegated team, but Levein and Stendel aren't in charge.

22 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

With the squad as it is, 5th or 6th will be the likely outcome. I'm basing that on it being no stronger than the relegated team, but Levein and Stendel aren't in charge.

Yeah we have Robbie Mourinho.

25 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

The relegated team had Pereira in goal, so this one is significantly stronger imo

Central Belt 1874

Really surprised at so many fans predicting 4th or above. I just can't see it at the moment. 

Realistically, 6th - 8th with the current squad. If we have some bad luck regarding injuries/suspensions then it could be another relegation scrap. 

However, as others have said, a few quality additions who add energy and consistency to the squad, could see us have a good season. 

I dunno.  There's a scenario where our quality players all keep fit and produce and 2 or 3 new faces give us a very decent match day 18, getting us into the European places.

Equally a few key injuries leaves us with a squad full of huffers and puffers who hover around the relegation zone.

I'll split the difference and say 6th

13 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Really surprised at so many fans predicting 4th or above. I just can't see it at the moment. 

Realistically, 6th - 8th with the current squad. If we have some bad luck regarding injuries/suspensions then it could be another relegation scrap. 

However, as others have said, a few quality additions who add energy and consistency to the squad, could see us have a good season. 

Hibs finished 3rd last season. Do you think man for man they are so much better than us? I don’t so 3rd is achievable with this squad barring injuries. 

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Hibs finished 3rd last season. Do you think man for man they are so much better than us? I don’t so 3rd is achievable with this squad barring injuries. 

Hibs carried luck last season. 

Don't think they will this season. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Central Belt 1874
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

A league campaign is about consistency, so the man for man comment above is irrelevant to me. I expect this Hearts team to beat Hibs every time this season. 

I'm still to be convinced that Neilson can get that from this squad in the premier league. 

Of course we could get 3rd, but everything I've seen over the last few season tells me otherwise. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

With more signings - 5th

Without more signings - 8th

Cups will be a non-event

Neilson will go at some point and we will be back to being "in transition"

Sigh

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs carried luck last season. 

Don't think they will this season. 

Agreed , although they’re away form was decent last season something our coaching team need to address. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

A league campaign is about consistency, so the man for man comment above is irrelevant to me. I expect this Hearts team to beat Hibs every time this season. 

I'm still to be convinced that Neilson can get that from this squad in the premier league. 

Of course we could get 3rd, but everything I've seen over the last few season tells me otherwise. 

I agree re Neilson, he really needs to get the team on the front foot right from the start of games, as the way I see it he has nothing to lose. 

6th in the league.

Fast exits in the cups.

Football that doesn't entertain the paying customers.

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

First 5-6 games are tough. 

I think before we face Hibs we will find ourselves out of the league cup and sitting on around 7 points out of 12. Then naturally we will beat Hibs. 

At the moment I still don't see us finishing higher than 7th, maybe we can squeeze into the top 6 in 6th, however After another 2/3 top signings and putting the Tim's to the sword on Saturday i might change it to 3rd. Let's wait and see 

Finish 8th

Scottish Cup Quarter Final

League Cup, out next round

Wingers swap sides every game 

Still No.1 on tripadvisor

3 hours ago, smiler said:

So 7th then yeah.

maybe didn't word that properly.

I think we'll finish in the bottom 6 and be in either 6th, 7th or 8th. 

12 minutes ago, Mirror said:

maybe didn't word that properly.

I think we'll finish in the bottom 6 and be in either 6th, 7th or 8th. 

:cornette_dog:

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Finish 8th

Scottish Cup Quarter Final

League Cup, out next round

Wingers swap sides every game 

Still No.1 on tripadvisor

Pretty much. 

Optimistic bunch in here eh! No matter what state we are I’m always optimistic going into new season! Our squad is better than 8 of the teams in the league in my opinion, another couple of additions then hopefully we will be battling with Aberdeen and Hibs! IMO

19 hours ago, hawaii said:

To be top 6 means winning games away from Edinburgh - something lots of fans are overlooking. I would be surprised if we win 6 games outside Edinburgh all season tbh.

In the 2019/20 season we won just 2 away games and both of them were against Hibs. Last season saw 6 away wins in the Championship. Drastic away form improvement is needed before talk of top 4 or top 6 isn’t seen as fantasy stuff.

In fairness to Neilson, his away record, admittedly against a low bar for comparison, is pretty good.  

He's won more away games than he's lost in every competition bar the Scottish Cup, including the Premier League

I reckon we have a decent starting xi, but injuries and suspension could potentially highlight a lack of strength in depth. That said it's then up to those squad players to grab their chance.

Main concern is how we set ourselves up on the pitch, tactics, style of play etc. Hopefully RN will be a bit more attacking, but who knows?

First three games will be a quick barometer of where we are, although 85/86 season shows what can happen after a poor start. Btw, not saying that's how it will go!

Where will we end up? Again, who knows. We should be bold and aim for as high as possible, I suspect the title is beyond us(!), but 3rd really shouldn't be, and with Celtic seemingly in transition... The reality will be different though, I fear. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Suspect somewhere around 5th, some decent signings could push us up a place or two.

That’s providing we keep Souttar and Gordon fit. If either gets injured, we’re bottom 6.

On 29/07/2021 at 10:02, Red Card Ref said:

Been a while since we finished above Hibs too and I for one want to see that issue put to bed

Both relegated then?

2nd and a cup final (runners up)

Have a feeling Celtic won't get their act together, another couple of signings we are better than Aberdeen and the hobos so only leaves Sevco for top spot by a distance.

There are 3 sides at this time better than us....Rangers, Celtic and Hibs

Aberdeen are still a work in progress so who knows about them

St Johnstone have a track record recently of being difficult to beat and let's face it 2 cups in one season is a great feat

Now that's 5 sides and we are no worse than any of the other 7 and better than most............but there are still signings and sales from all teams to be made which will impact on any predictions

As it stands I'll say 6th but it could be 4th or 7th.......lets be honest though there are no huge gaps between many of the sides

A cup run would be great but that is often in the lap of the gods depending on the draw

I repeat 5/4 for a top six place if you fancy it.

Edited by CJGJ

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Behave yourself 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There are 3 sides at this time better than us....Rangers, Celtic and Hibs

Aberdeen are still a work in progress so who knows about them

St Johnstone have a track record recently of being difficult to beat and let's face it 2 cups in one season is a great feat

Now that's 5 sides and we are no worse than any of the other 7 and better than most............but there are still signings and sales from all teams to be made which will impact on any predictions

As it stands I'll say 6th but it could be 4th or 7th.......lets be honest though there are no huge gaps between many of the sides

A cup run would be great but that is often in the lap of the gods depending on the draw

I repeat 5/4 for a top six place if you fancy it.

Us, Aberdeen and Hibs look much of a muchness to me IMO. I wouldn't swap our defence or attack for Hibs but I would take a couple of their 200 midfielders/wingers off them to bolster our numbers. Aberdeen have the most overall strength in depth and Brown, McCrorie and Ferguson are all good quality, although Brown's legs are going and Ferguson wants away.

A combined side from us, Aberdeen and Hibs would have as many Hearts players as Aberdeen and Hibs ones for me.

Gordon

Smith Souttar Gallacher Doig

McCrorie  Brown Ferguson

GMS Boyce Boyle

If Beni's the real deal he can take Brown's place in that team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I'm being generous, to your hero Boab.

If you take the table with us in 9th and turn it upside down you might be closer. That's certainly more like Boab's track record with us.

On 29/07/2021 at 12:20, Gambo said:

No reason it shouldn't be 3rd.

How long have you got………