• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Yoda

• stevie1874

• Diego10

Red Card Ref
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm going finish 4th in league and scottish cup coming home.

I'd take that 👌

johnking123

4th. We will be hard to beat this year. Some games won't be pretty. But we will pick up points and hopefully build like we did like last time Robbie was in charge.

Bazzas right boot

Between 60-65 points, give or take. 

Likely be 3rd or 4th if we achieve that. 

Cups, no idea. 

We could get to within a pk of winning one or get papped out by a diddy team. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

4th this season. Don’t think we’ll do too well in the cups. 

Think it will be a tough season tbh. 

4th would be our second best season in about 12 years, that would be a good season imo. 

2 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

5th/6th

3rd/4th if we can make 2 or 3 signings that are better than what we have.

This is where I’m at. Will add continue to be a hard watch at times

Edited by Jamhammer

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Neilson is true to form, we will do well in the League, get no credit for it, due to the honking cup form. Landing Celtic away has to be called a bit unlucky, but if you want to win these things, you have to show more balls in these matches. As things stand, we need a bit of luck with injuries since the cover is pish

Currently 6th with 3/4 strong signings I would say 4th/5th.

I also don’t think we’ll bring back any cups.

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Top 6. 😎

Which could, technically, mean champions?

I like your way of thinking, dave.

Current squad I'd say 5th or 6th. I don't think we'll get remotely close to silverware. 

Hopefully, after we've signed the 3 or 4 quality players we've been trying to bundle over the line, things may look rosier. 😊

Same as everyone else is saying. Sign 3 or 4 quality players and we'll finish 3rd or 4th.

Current squad is only good enough for mid table because we're weak at Centerhalf and lack real quality in Central Midfield. 

Beni Baningime, training with us today. Cm from Everton was on loan briefly to Wigan and Darby. Don't know if any truth in it. 

Leveins Battalion

What will help us more than anything is the backing from the fans,I have watched a lot of the full games from George Burleys time and there was a lot of bad passes,poor touches but instead of gasps and booing the fans encouraged.Makes a world of difference 👍

Hectormasson

Probably 5th place, and a quarter final in Scottish Cup,  that's the best I can see us doing...

Edited by Hectormasson
Mispelt

SM Sheffield

It will depend on our upcoming signings and our luck with injuries. If we have key players like Boyce, Gordon etc injured for any substantial period of time then I think we will be in for a struggle. We could finish 3rd if we get lucky but I think realistically we will be mid table around 5th to 7th.

Fifth is realistic, to be any higher we will be relying on Hibs or Aberdeen to have poor seasons. They have similar if not bigger budgets and are starting from stronger positions than us.

That said Aberdeen might just implode with the new manager.

After winning the league cup, the league will be a cinch, not sure about the Scottish cup though.

Fairly average season then 🙂 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What will help us more than anything is the backing from the fans,I have watched a lot of the full games from George Burleys time and there was a lot of bad passes,poor touches but instead of gasps and booing the fans encouraged.Makes a world of difference 👍

The thing with the small crowds is you notice the " gasps" more!

I predict there’ll be many greetin faced folk on JKB throughout the season irrespective of how the team does.

As per the teams aspirations for this season then you have to be optimistic to suggest a third place finish. A very realistic target given that our biggest challenges will most likely come from St Johnstone, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Be honest are any of those sides that good?

I honestly think not and while we’re not flying ourselves at the moment, we are certainly no worse than any of them.

So 3rd place finish starting with 3 home points against the Glasgow vermin this Saturday evening by 2-0.

Between 6th and 8th and a few shockers on the way.. 

Cannot get excited about what is effectively the same squad, etc, etc. 

Only difference I see is that the players won't get away with the inept performances as easy as last season.. Punters are back. 

Hope I am so far off the mark and wrong in the end, time shall tell. 

HHGH 

FTh 

tartofmidlothian

For the last month I've been thinking 5th in the league (behind Hibs, sadly), last 16 or QF in the Scottish Cup, and League Cup winners.

More likely we'll do nothing in either cup but finish above Hibs, mind you.

Similair squad but so different from last season, Souttar Gino and Haring being available strengthens us so much. Cochrane looks decent enough,also gives us options at the back. Fingers crossed on the new midfielder and a new attacker coming in. 

Anywhere from 2nd to 5th. Celtic are shite but how shite is the big question. Probably not much between us, hibs and Aberdeen.

Cups, we're due a Scottish... 

RasberryJam

I genuinely think we'll finish 3rd with a decent Scottish cup run.

Delighted with the signing Baningime. Couple more signings of this calibre and we are cruising. 😎