***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Rick Sanchez
21 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Fecking Halliday! Cannae believe he wasn’t carded for his challenge on McGregor! 😂😂😂 cost me £90!.. and you £200! He’s off my Christmas card list!

I wasn't too fussed at the game but when I seen that foul back after the game I was spewing 🤣

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

The "Andy Walker you're a w****" chant around 10 mins in really got picked up by the mics :laugh:

Also why is there no clock/score? Sky manage to **** that up?

Edited by kila

maroondevo52
19 minutes ago, kila said:

Also why is there no clock/score? Sky manage to **** that up?

There was a clock but no score.

No Idle Talk

Still beaming today after last night. Beating Celtic and £140 taken off the bookies. Saturday nights don't get much better than that. Great start to the season. 😁

Ex member of the SaS
20 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

They refuse to see the foul on Gary down the wing where he was barged in the back. They fail to see the number of times the offside flag went up that were obviously onside as we didn't get any replays. they fail to understand it was their defense that refused to defend the cross. 

14 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder where Walker was last night?

Robbie said he had a knock.  Would definitely have been on the bench otherwise.

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

They refuse to see the foul on Gary down the wing where he was barged in the back. They fail to see the number of times the offside flag went up that were obviously onside as we didn't get any replays. they fail to understand it was their defense that refused to defend the cross. 

Commons piles pressure on Postecoglou but ignores Bobby Madden’s ‘Honest Mistakes’ (thecelticstar.com)

Have a look at the off-side image here. Very tight certainly, but I think that the off-side rule states that it applies to any part of the body which can be used to play the ball. If that is the head in this situation then the goal is clearly off-side, If it's the shoulder then it's tighter but still off-side imo.  

Maroon Sailor
14 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Fecking Halliday! Cannae believe he wasn’t carded for his challenge on McGregor! 😂😂😂 cost me £90!.. and you £200! He’s off my Christmas card list!

Robbed !

Stonewall booking 

You've been Maddened

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Commons piles pressure on Postecoglou but ignores Bobby Madden’s ‘Honest Mistakes’ (thecelticstar.com)

Have a look at the off-side image here. Very tight certainly, but I think that the off-side rule states that it applies to any part of the body which can be used to play the ball. If that is the head in this situation then the goal is clearly off-side, If it's the shoulder then it's tighter but still off-side imo.  

His head is definitely ahead

VAR would have ruled it out as his nose is 1mm offside

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The Hearts players stopped when they heard Madden whistle. The ball would very likely have been blocked before it reached the Celtic player had we kept playing. That linesman gave a few similar calls against Hearts in the first half. 

Rogue Daddy
29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Robbed !

Stonewall booking 

You've been Maddened

😭😭

PhoenixHearts
17 hours ago, escobri said:

Got to boo the huddle/ taking the knee/ Neilson /Madden& his huddy linesman & go mental as Hearts beat the Celtic, great to be back 👍

Imagine readily admitting you booed at the players taking a knee. Sad.

There's a word for people who are anti anti-racism...

Rick Sanchez

Just rewatching it again and despite new management you can still tell that a lot of the Celtic players couldn't give a toss about losing, which has surprisingly spread to Christie and Forrest.

A lot of them can't be arsed waiting for a rebuild and are wanting away. Pleasing times.

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Hearts players stopped when they heard Madden whistle. The ball would very likely have been blocked before it reached the Celtic player had we kept playing. That linesman gave a few similar calls against Hearts in the first half. 

Agreed. Although it was quick play, by the time the strike was made Gordon was standing still. The whistle went therefore the outcome thereafter was arguably not that which would've transpired had play continued. c.f. Gordon's late 1-on-1 deflection.

132goals1958
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Thank goodness for that but going forward I really think they should change the rule that if any part of the body head feet or anything else is onside then the goal should stand.

wheatfieldtosheffield

maybe someone has already mentioned this earlier in the 42 pages, but I am thinking about the last time I remember playing Celtic at home on the first day of the season, and a last minute goal changes the result - and that makes all the difference in the world when we get to the end of the season

Oh, wouldn't it be something if Souttar's last minute goal turns out to have the same effect as Paul McStay's equaliser in 1985?

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Imagine readily admitting you booed at the players taking a knee. Sad.

There's a word for people who are anti anti-racism...

Nothing to do with racism, jog on

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've certainly seen the VAR images where they put up a couple of markers to show the offside line and I reckon that this would have gone in our favour. Personally I think that the linesman so the outstretched arm and reacted to that. The Celtic players fist was at least two feet offside.

4 hours ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

maybe someone has already mentioned this earlier in the 42 pages, but I am thinking about the last time I remember playing Celtic at home on the first day of the season, and a last minute goal changes the result - and that makes all the difference in the world when we get to the end of the season

Oh, wouldn't it be something if Souttar's last minute goal turns out to have the same effect as Paul McStay's equaliser in 1985?

More amazing  is Celtic fans thinking their team gets a raw deal from refs😫 

OmiyaHearts

Had a great day in work today. Strolled in with my maroon trainees, maroon tshirt & maroon headband. Got it right up every tim I seen in the building. Tears and snotters everywhere, they haven't taken this well at all. Really do love living and working in Glasgow when we get one over the OF.

I then popped through to see David Munro and gave him it tight for awarding a pen to Hibs on Sunday. He said he really missed the abuse from the stands and is buzzing that crowds are back😁 Refs are strange people.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, escobri said:

Nothing to do with racism, jog on

Taking a knee has nothing to do with standing against racism does it?

And no thanks mate, I'll stay right here thanks.

Happy to start a crowdfunder to get your Millwall season tickets though 👍

Bit late to the party.

Celtic giving a guard of honour to the Champions😊👍

Green Brigade getting done off the old team 😊👍

Haliday's great challenge😊👍

Andy Walker getting it tight😊👍

Souttar's heider in the 89th min😊👍

Beating FC Shame😊👍

Craig's last minute saves😊🍆

Happy ******* days!🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

10 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Take it to the shed

14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

My booing the knee has nothing to do with racism, who told the players to do it(sky tv🤔) no kneeling at cove game. Just let me know when you're gonna send the cash. Cheers

Unknown user
6 hours ago, escobri said:

My booing the knee has nothing to do with racism, who told the players to do it(sky tv🤔) no kneeling at cove game. Just let me know when you're gonna send the cash. Cheers

Anti Marxist?

8 hours ago, escobri said:

It has everything to do with racism. If you're anti anti-racism then, well, you work it out

The one thing that irked me at the game on Saturday was that smug welt Doncaster. I was in Section R and sat not far from him. Never acknowledged any of the Hearts goals, yet was clapping the Celtic one. Even under the mask you could tell he was smirking away. Boils me that someone like him gets into the stadium to watch the game while others can't. We should have banned the blazers after what they done to us. 

Just now, PapaShango said:

The one thing that irked me at the game on Saturday was that smug welt Doncaster. I was in Section R and sat not far from him. Never acknowledged any of the Hearts goals, yet was clapping the Celtic one. Even under the mask you could tell he was smirking away. Boils me that someone like him gets into the stadium to watch the game while others can't. We should have banned the blazers after what they done to us. 

We can’t, is the simple answer. He can turn up to any SPL game he pleases.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Boab said:

We can’t, is the simple answer. He can turn up to any SPL game he pleases.

Could we not put a crack in his seat so it nips his A**e at least 

3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Could we not put a crack in his seat so it nips his A**e at least 

the deviant would enjoy that

niblick1874
6 hours ago, XB52 said:

It has everything to do with racism. If you're anti anti-racism then, well, you work it out

How about you work this out. Globalist=Nazi=eugenicist.

niblick1874

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

Schevchenko
On 31/07/2021 at 19:11, milky_26 said:

did you go down to the live event, rather than clicking on something like beni's interview?

Managed to sort it mate, thanks for the reply tho 👍

Spitonastranger
33 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the deviant would enjoy that

i didnt when i did it on holiday on a plastic lounger :jjockio:

21 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

Nobody is forcing you to do it. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but folk moaning about it come across as the same as Celtic booing remeberance day. Nobody is forcing them to buy a poppy but just let everyone else get on with it.

August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

:wtf:

1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

Seriously bore off and let the players choose what they do.

How about you work this out. Globalist=Nazi=eugenicist.

I can’t work that out at all. Can you explain it please?

niblick1874
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody is forcing you to do it. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but folk moaning about it come across as the same as Celtic booing remeberance day. Nobody is forcing them to buy a poppy but just let everyone else get on with it.

What.

Where did I say anyone was forcing me to do it.

Your post is not only an example of the kind of garbage put forward for taking the knee, it is also an example of the kind of person that will say there is nothing wrong with it. 

niblick1874
25 minutes ago, Homme said:

Seriously bore off and let the players choose what they do.

Are you saying they have a choice. I would like an answer to that.

niblick1874
50 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

51 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I gave an answer. Why not read the rest of the sentence

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Are you saying they have a choice. I would like an answer to that.

Two of our players didn’t take the knee on Saturday. 

Guest ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Exactly. Our two black players didn't take the knee as I recall. They didn't bloody boo though did they? Why don't people who disagree just do what they did and stand respectfully and think about racism in their own way? I can think of one reason.

David Squires cartoon on this after Millwall fans' booing said it best - https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/08/david-squires-on-the-booing-of-footballers-taking-a-knee

niblick1874
Just now, davemclaren said:

Two of our players didn’t take the knee on Saturday. 

Thanks. It is a sad day when I can't ask who on here.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 02/08/2021 at 02:38, SectionDJambo said:

This is the key point. It was a marginal call (like Celtic never get those?) but the play had stopped by the time the goal was scored. I thought the ref was very poor from our pov for the first part of the game - we got none of the marginal calls including an obvious foul on GMS in a dangerous position.

Where do you even begin with this crap. See a therapist. 

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Saved me the effort.

52 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

What.

Where did I say anyone was forcing me to do it.

Your post is not only an example of the kind of garbage put forward for taking the knee, it is also an example of the kind of person that will say there is nothing wrong with it. 

Boooooooo 

I bet you stand outside the vaccination centres shouting at folk getting a jab.

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Boooooooo 

I bet you stand outside the vaccination centres shouting at folk getting a jab.

24 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Saved me the effort.

Best to just ignore!

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic