• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

What is also quite impressive is for all Celtics pressure at times we gave away very few fouls and no booking. Our discipline helped keep our our shape and contributed to the win. Well done..

11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

And the man of the match was who?

And if you saw my comment in the thread about him...🙄

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Texaco said:

What is also quite impressive is for all Celtics pressure at times we gave away very few fouls and no booking. Our discipline helped keep our our shape and contributed to the win. Well done..

Is that right?  I’d assumed Halliday got a yellow for the one where Berra said he should’ve got a red. 

Fantastic start to the season, could not be happier. Thought we were a bit negative after we took an early lead. What do I know🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Cruickie's Moustache

Will happily take any points we can from the two cheeks. However it is the losses and too many draws against the like of County and St Midden that will do for us.

Great start though and let's hope we can get on a roll.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is that right?  I’d assumed Halliday got a yellow for the one where Berra said he should’ve got a red. 

no yellows for either side

edit that challenge was just a little late he did try and go for the ball. and unless he had lots of fouls before it i would not say it was a booking

Edited by milky_26

Just now, sadj said:

BBC Sport report is a shambles 🤣🤣

cant be any worse than the pish sportscene just put on

Just now, milky_26 said:

cant be any worse than the pish sportscene just put on

Halkett should have scored before half time etc , just utter shite. 

Just now, sadj said:

Halkett should have scored before half time etc , just utter shite. 

did halkett even have a shot in the first half? the only one i can think of is his header just before souttars beauty. and tbf halkett should have done better he turned before heading it so it came off the side of his head rather than the forehead

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

did halkett even have a shot in the first half? the only one i can think of is his header just before souttars beauty. and tbf halkett should have done better he turned before heading it so it came off the side of his head rather than the forehead

Nope he did not. First half flew past , i was a bit pissed as I thought we’d sat off them too much and although I still feel that , I didn’t appreciate how many chances we actually created for ourselves. Cochrane , Smith , Boyce , Halkett , Souttar all proper chances…. Sure the stats i saw said 1 shot at half time was at least three or four by then. 

Edited by sadj

47 minutes ago, fila said:

Thought it should have happened earlier, but it did change it . Thought Celtic bringing on the lad from Japan also worked well in our favour 

Agree. We were outnumbered in midfield and getting hardly anything from GMS and Ginelly to help us out. Just couldn’t find an out ball to them all night. As well as balancing the midfield Haring is a very clever player who saw what was needed and just did it. Changed the game from inevitable defeat to back on the front foot with a chance of winning.

I guess RN waited so long because he was hoping GMS and Ginelly would come on to a game (both were pretty poor if we’re honest) Beni also played a big part in the recovery just venturing that wee bit further forward to stop them passing through us.

Credit where it’s due for RN. Started brave, fell out of it because we couldn’t find an out ball for nearly an hour , got back into it with a good tactical midfield change and subs. Finished the game very strong 💪 

Edited by JimmyCant

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Have a few more iv a client tomorrow and a meeting but **** it…

Have a good night 👍 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Cracking  for 7mins , crap for 70mins good for 13mins , mental for 4mins

😂 that’s actually spot on. 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Have a good night 👍 

🤘🏻🤘🏻🇱🇻❤️

Great result however tactically we got it wrong for the first 70 minutes 

We ended playing a flat back 5 and 2 wingers and left the middle of the park far too open, it just reminded me of the cup final where Neilson got it tactically wrong in the first half by showing them far too much respect. 

Delighted with the result but hope the boys remember how to pass again in time for St Mirren 🙈😁

Rocky jamboa
15 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

The result depends on how we set up. If we have a go at them I reckon we'll win 2-1. Boyce and gms. If we sit back and try to keep it tight, we'll get beat. Their weakness is at the back. 

Pretty much every comment on here can see we need go for it, put out an attacking line up and have a bit of belief. Over to you Robbie!

Told you 😎 never in doubt! 

Just wish I'd put a bet on it 😫

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Told you 😎 never in doubt! 

Just wish I'd put a bet on it 😫

Got the result right 👍🏻👍🏻 But we sat back 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Great result however tactically we got it wrong for the first 70 minutes 

We ended playing a flat back 5 and 2 wingers and left the middle of the park far too open, it just reminded me of the cup final where Neilson got it tactically wrong in the first half by showing them far too much respect. 

Delighted with the result but hope the boys remember how to pass again in time for St Mirren 🙈😁

Not sure we got much out of the front 3 most of the game, although they started well they barely showed for the ball after our goal. We had a lot of bother getting the ball back and when we did, Ginelly and GMS were not available to receive it. We didn’t press them either. For a spell they were getting to 45 yards out before they were engaged. I thought he should have switched to 3-5-2 at half time but hey, we’ve got way with it and he made a good change eventually that worked out pretty well

On line been sent to me, tic, storm the ground 1 pm

Aug 8th, this shambles cant continue.

Should be fun.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Tonight's result will surely give us a huge confidence boost and the spirit in the team looks really strong which bodes well. Teams in the past have got results like tonight's but not built on them, this team looks to have the right attitude to build something good. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

PHM don't call themselves PHM.

First rule of PHM.

Enjoy the night, tho!

You wouldn't know the first thing about it.

Enjoy the night. :food-smiley-004:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

You wouldn't know the first thing about it.

Enjoy the night. :food-smiley-004:

That is what someone who knows about it says to someone else who knows about it, just to make sure no one else knows about it.

I think.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is what someone who knows about it says to someone else who knows about it, just to make sure no one else knows about it.

I think.

what-did-i-tell-you-about-thinking.jpg

Bazzas right boot

what-did-i-tell-you-about-thinking.jpg

😁😁

That is your best post yet.

Plenty positives from tonight, but also a few (not sure how I want to term this, as negatives isn't the right term) downsides. As others have mentioned, felt we sat back too much after our goal, Gino was pretty poor and ineffective, Boyce still doesn't know when to release a pass and we invited pressure on ourselves. Flipside is, we don't often sneak a winning goal against the OF with only a couple of minutes left, our defending was robust, professional and top drawer, Craig Gordon......, Craig Gordon......, and 

Craig Gordon......! 

All in all, a good night's bit of business. Onwards and upwards. 

PS: If the guy who broke the table at the Antiquary, and sheepishly admitted it to angry barmaid after our 2nd goal is on here, Bravo Sir, the excuse was hilarious. 

Pasquale for King

Brilliant win. Could’ve plduef better and not sat back but it’s not important. Much more to come from us. They are miles behind their bigoted pals, a nobody manager and team of nobodies. Beautiful to see. Onwards and upwards for us. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😁😁

That is your best post yet.

You've got form for poor judgement. :(

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Plenty positives from tonight, but also a few (not sure how I want to term this, as negatives isn't the right term) downsides. As others have mentioned, felt we sat back too much after our goal, Gino was pretty poor and ineffective, Boyce still doesn't know when to release a pass and we invited pressure on ourselves. Flipside is, we don't often sneak a winning goal against the OF with only a couple of minutes left, our defending was robust, professional and top drawer, Craig Gordon......, Craig Gordon......, and 

Craig Gordon......! 

All in all, a good night's bit of business. Onwards and upwards. 

PS: If the guy who broke the table at the Antiquary, and sheepishly admitted it to angry barmaid after our 2nd goal is on here, Bravo Sir, the excuse was hilarious. 

70s throwback? Beatles vibe?

1 hour ago, sadj said:

BBC Sport report is a shambles 🤣🤣

I had it on during the game and was looking on here.

Looked like 2 different games 😀

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You've got form for poor judgement. :(

I did predict a Hearts win tonight.

:greggy:

not always poor.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I did predict a Hearts win tonight.

:greggy:

not always poor.

A broken clock is right twice a day, tosh. 🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot

A broken clock is right twice a day, tosh. 🤷‍♂️

Got weefee m8, dunno what that means?

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Got weefee m8, dunno what that means?

You've spelled shewee wrongly, bud.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You've spelled shewee wrongly, bud.

probably.

J.T.F.Robertson
16 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

That was quite good eh :cool:

Honestly think we could have made an easier job of it but aye, it was "quite" good. 👍

Just remembered, I predicted a Hearts win in the JKB I'm a Jambo Survivor, get me out of here competition.

I'm flying.

Gordon, Souttar, Cochrane, Beni, Boyce all stand outs but every player fought Hearts out. Haring sub got us on the ball at end. Beyond ecstatic for Souttar, Magic.!

highlandjambo3

Was so desperate to see that keeper being lobbed…..how often was he way out his box…….welt.

Pasquale for King

Woke up to walk the dogs and first thing I thought was yyyyaaasss 😆😍
Having watched them on Wednesday I thought we could beat them, their left side of defence is weak, Gino did well for the opener. 
Always fantastic to beat these scummy *******s. 

17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What a great result that was. Every player played their part in a real team performance. We finished the stronger team as well. 

Credit to Robbie and his coaches too. Great substitutions. You could see him urging the team further forward and when it didn't happen he changed it. 

Also the team spirit seems to be great too. 

Anyone who moans about last night can just feck off. They don't know their arse from their elbow.

Hear hear.

We beat Celtic on the opening day to maintain a good winning run.

We were under the cosh some times, as is always going to happen when you play one of the big two and go ahead early.

But we were clinical when we got out chances and we were dogged and resilient when we were under pressure and we got the win.

Almost every bit of praise on here seems to have to come with the disclaimer that we were too negative for long spells, we invited them onto us too much, we had no out ball etc, etc

The mentality on this place stinks man, and it boils my pish.

That was a tremendous result and a really gutsy performance, just the type we needed. And it puts Celtic under massive pressure right from the off, I can't be anything but positive this morning.

Robbie and the lads deserve a big congratulations for the tactics and the effort.

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic