***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bypass the midfield

Cos it’s pretty cack 

Doh, missed this. 

Makes no sense, we pass it too much ya Ken! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

We are getting Celtic at the right time. They are going to have to spend money to improve but that won't be in time for Saturday.

They are in utter disarray. I hope we don’t try to contain and frustrate them instead of having a proper go. 

Japan Jambo

Barring a draw I suspect this will be a difficult result for one or other manager. If Celtic weren't in such disarray this would have normally been a free hit for Robbie, not so sure this go around.

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This will be a very difficult match even though they are a bit of a mess at the moment. They have top class players in Christie, McGregor and Eduard and they will cause us problems  

However we have players that can damage their poor defence.

1-1 draw.

Depends on how much importance they put on next midweek game. League is a long haul, could catch up over course of season once signings come in. Emptied out of Europa league in next two weeks is a disaster for them and will probably impact signings budget. 

davemclaren

If you have a ticket you can book into hospitality or go to the bars as well. 

UPGRADE YOUR TICKET!
We look forward to welcoming you to Tynecastle Park. We have three hospitality packages to choose from for this fixture.

Please CLICK HERE to view the packages available. 

The Eighteen74 bar and Gorgie Suite will be open to those with match tickets  - there's no need to book in advance.
Eighteen74: 12pm-8pm, then from the final whistle to midnight
Gorgie Suite: 5pm -8pm

We've got Souttar at the back

Boycie in attack

Celtic's out of Europe

Ha-Ha-Ha

(even though they've parachuted into the EL, they'll **** that up too)

Brick Tamland

We can't let them settle in the first 15-20 mins and if we can get in their faces then all the better, they will miss the thug Brown and the abuse he dishes out and gets away with.

Hopefully Madden won't be taking centre stage along with his 4th Official McLean 

I fancy a 2-1 or 3-1 to us Pollock and Armand on the scoresheet 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

We can't let them settle in the first 15-20 mins and if we can get in their faces then all the better, they will miss the thug Brown and the abuse he dishes out and gets away with.

Hopefully Madden won't be taking centre stage along with his 4th Official McLean 

I fancy a 2-1 or 3-1 to us Pollock and Armand on the scoresheet 

More than that, they will miss his attitude and leadership when it comes to games like this.

MarkDevriesScores4

Tend to think Halliday will play against Celtic. Needs no encouragement to get stuck in 

No Idle Talk

The keys to this match are that we do the basics right, defensively, and that we approach the game with the correct mental attitude. If we do both of those things we will win because Celtic are a shambles at the back.

Just for once don't play the name of the opponent. Yes it's Celtic. But so what? They are really struggling at the moment. So throw that fear factor out the window this time. Just go after them.

They have a new manager who has yet to win the confidence of their players. Their star player is loafing about the pitch and doesn't even want to be playing for Celtic now. And their defence and goalkeeper are really bad. Not bad. REALLY bad. They still have quality in midfield but that's about all they have going for them just now.

This is a great opportunity to beat them. Grab it, Hearts. No fear. 

Austin MacGlee

3-1 to the good guys, they are ****ing rotten and we will want to prove a point after demotion. Bring it ****ing on!

I can’t see anything but a win. They are hading down at the moment and need to adjust to their new manager’s style. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

L

I've got - 

Souttar at the back, 

Boycey in attack, 

Halliday snorts the crack, 

And Hibs for the cup.... 

:interehjrling:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If you have a ticket you can book into hospitality or go to the bars as well. 

UPGRADE YOUR TICKET!
We look forward to welcoming you to Tynecastle Park. We have three hospitality packages to choose from for this fixture.

Please CLICK HERE to view the packages available. 

The Eighteen74 bar and Gorgie Suite will be open to those with match tickets  - there's no need to book in advance.
Eighteen74: 12pm-8pm, then from the final whistle to midnight
Gorgie Suite: 5pm -8pm

You buying Dave 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

You buying Dave 

Not this time. Mate and I are already booked into a pub pre-match. 

Seems Starfelt will be available for this match and pretty clear he will be in their defence

There won't be many other changes I imagine to their defence but whilst they are not appearing to be as strong entering this season they still have players such as Christie, McGregor, Forrest and who knows whether Edouard will still be with them or may have moved with Brighton interest......PSG are reported to get 40% of any fee.

Furuhashi seemingly out of quarantine tomorrow so may not play or be available to give them forward cover

Having seen the performances recently our fans are expecting something this time more in expectation than hope and that will bring it's own pressures

If the signing is completed then for me Haring and Baningime would be central midfield with GMS and Ginnelly supporting Boyce.

The other question will be Souttar's fitness and if fit will line up with Halkett and Kingsley in the middle and of course Smith and Cochrane wide.

Pollock, Gnanduillet, Henderson, Mceneff, Halliday, Walker, Stewart on the bench or one or two different choices as cover.

It's been a while but we do have pace in that side in the forward areas and I think we can get something from the match but lets not take things for granted as we are not the finished article for this season and could still do with a couple of decent first choice players to improve the starting 11.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Hearts should give the 4,500 going free beer all afternoon to get the atmosphere going😂

And limited time for the bogs.

Jealous? Me? Nah:whistling:

Scott Leitch

I'm very confident if Neilson isn't a coward we will win this. Celtic look pish.

Neilsons a worry though.

KyleLafferty

They’ll have joe hart in goals by Saturday night. He’s much better than the clowns they have now. 

No doubt having been so pish the last while they will raise they’re game for us. Not so sure of all the predictions for a win

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

No doubt having been so pish the last while they will raise they’re game for us. Not so sure of all the predictions for a win

Seen it happen too often. 

29 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Hearts should give the 4,500 going free beer all afternoon to get the atmosphere going😂

Not under Ann

It will be more like tea &scones and a reminder on how to use the grass hotline

If Robbie's brave enough to have a right go at them, then we've a great chance of 3 points,  nothing to lose, first league game of the season, ffs, go for it, 2-0 JTs, Walker at the double

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Section N Rules said:

Soutter at the back

Boycie in attack

Halliday hates the tims, that's a fact.

Soutter at the back

Boycie in attack

Gorgie hates the tims and that's a fact.

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Soutter at the back

Boycie in attack

:robbo: I’m in 👏👏👏

22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Soutter at the back

Boycie in attack

Sounds good to me.

Finding it hard to call this one, Celtic will be there for the taking provided we go for them but if we pass it across the midfield and back to defence etc. repeatedly then they will eventually get chances and may well take them. Probably 1-1 or 2-1 for them but hoping with fans in the ground we will be encouraged to play an attacking games and if so, who knows? Would rather be playing them first game than in a few weeks' time when they have had a chance to bed in for the season. 

6 hours ago, Jumper said:

I can’t see anything but a win. They are hading down at the moment and need to adjust to their new manager’s style. 

Well I admire your confidence I really do but I cannot see us winning this. Our midfield is non existent unless Haring is back to his best and the new lad is decent then maybe. If he plays Halliday forget it 

Pasquale for King

Having watched them get best last night off an average side I feel confident we are catching them at a good time. They are a rudderless ship from top down, the new manager isn’t going to last long. They are quite a small team too. 
Balls in behind Taylor at LB to Gino are the way to go, nothing to be scared off. 

No Idle Talk
4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

The 5,200 you mean....

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

They’ll have joe hart in goals by Saturday night. He’s much better than the clowns they have now. 

Not a done deal yet, biscuit tim mentality still alive and well. BBC an hour ago - The major stumbling block will be whether Celtic can offer a package large enough to attract Hart.

Kick off. Hoof it down the right wing with snow on it. Land it on Taylor’s head same time as Gandalf and Ginnelly. 
GAME ON.  
or 

pass back round defence. Panic had out for a throw to them on half way line and we rarely see the ball again. 

Robbie. You choose. Our destiny is in your hands. 

Robbo-Jambo
15 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

My fear as well.

Plus is Neilson brave enough to have a real go at them.

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Soutter at the back

Boycie in attack

Now we're cooking. 

Souttar at the back, 

Boycie in attack, 

Gorgie hates the tims and the jambos are back. 

**** the sfa! 

Rinse and repeat! 

After 18 months of Tom kyte how good is it to be looking forward to watching the Jambos in a proper game. 

My Saturday will consist of watching the British Lions stuff the arrogant South Africans then for the main event watching the Famous stuff the arrogant Celtic. All from a sunny beer garden in Portugal. Sunday has been cancelled. 

Bring it on. 

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

My fear as well.

Plus is Neilson brave enough to have a real go at them.

We will know after 10 minutes if we are having a real go.

We should but I dont think we will. And celtic are not as bad as some are making out.

First test of the season. Best time to get them as well. No complaints if we have a real go at them. Will we ?

I have my doubts. Robbie is too cautious and won’t risk a up and at them. A point is my prediction.

https://t.co/I26cw9U7p9

Article from everyone’s favourite managers press conference yesterday…

All jokes aside, I’m confident he knows what we need to do against them tomorrow night. So I’m confident. 

Speaks a lot about the new signing too, who could be a good addition if he doesn’t get injured… reads appreciated.

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/I26cw9U7p9

Article from everyone’s favourite managers press conference yesterday…

All jokes aside, I’m confident he knows what we need to do against them tomorrow night. So I’m confident. 

Speaks a lot about the new signing too, who could be a good addition if he doesn’t get injured… reads appreciated.

A slow market … If only someone had mentioned that on the summer  transfer super thread we wouldn’t have so many underwhelmed posters fuming …

Governor Tarkin

We'll win 3-1, Neilson will be the new Mancini, then we'll lose to Aberdeen, United, and draw with Hibs.

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic