***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

We've nothing to fear, especially with their new manager finding his feet.

1-1, Boyce to score.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

Do The Dance
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

We've nothing to fear, especially with their new manager finding his feet.

1-1, Boyce to score.

"Nothing to fear" "1-1" :lol:

I get what you're saying, but I think they'll beat us. Don't think we'll be strong enough this season, and Celtic will want to put a marker and beat the newly promoted side.

Hope I'm wrong.

3-0

Ginnelly, Boyce and Walker

Followed by calls for Neilson to be sacked because Levein managed 4-0.

Loads of 'there for the taking' and 'we just need to attack' followed by 'Robbie shat it' when in reality we we just beaten by a better team. 

Great time to get them but they will still have too much quality up top of they need it.

Would love us to take something from this but I can't see it, 2-1 to the Tim's unfortunately 😔 hopefully hearts will surprise me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celtic haven't been completely dog shit over these 2 games, plenty of danger coming forward. But they will be the weakest Celtic for a while, which strangely bothers me. 

4500 is lucky break for them. Full Tynecastle would have been interesting how they handled it. 

We have a chance but need to improve our sharpness in the final third. Really not sure what to expect in truth 

Don’t want to tempt fate here…

our STs are in the Gorgie but the ballot has given us tickets in the Main. Last time we were moved from our usual seats to Main was because of the temp Sky studio when we played Celtic and we went on to win 4-0. 

Not superstitious right enough 🤪🤪

Bazzas right boot

Could be 2-0 win for us or 3-0 win for them. 

Really unsure how it will play out, someone will win. 

Might also be a draw. 

Bawz to it, 6-3 Hearts. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Gorgie_Rules

Perfect time to be playing them. They appear to be vulnerable, short of options and will hurting after being out of Champions League qualification and extra time.

Need to have a proper go at them early on. A non-full Tynecastle isnt ideal but none of them there is a big plus. Reckon the 4,500 fans there can still produce a decent atmosphere for 8pm on a Saturday

Hectormasson
19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Loads of 'there for the taking' and 'we just need to attack' followed by 'Robbie shat it' when in reality we we just beaten by a better team. 

Great time to get them but they will still have too much quality up top of they need it.

Shit defence though !!!!!

No Idle Talk

Show them no respect. Press them. Get intae them. Their defence and goalkeeper is St Mirren level.

2-1 to the JTs. Boycie to score.

Scott980612
5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perfect time to be playing them. They appear to be vulnerable, short of options and will hurting after being out of Champions League qualification and extra time.

Need to have a proper go at them early on. A non-full Tynecastle isnt ideal but none of them there is a big plus. Reckon the 4,500 fans there can still produce a decent atmosphere for 8pm on a Saturday

Agreed ,glad they won’t have the 3500 bigots in the roseburn.  

Great time to be playing them.  Obviously going to extra time will be the last thing they wanted , but with it being an 8pm KO there is a few extra hours to recover. 

2-0 Hearts , why not.

Just want RN to set us up to have a real go….he could win back a few supporters here.

Get Boyce and Gnando right through the middle and attack the inexperienced centre halves.

maroonsgotop

long shot I know, but anyone who got a ticket in the ballot and cannot attend could you please pm me if you want to pass it on to someone who was unsuccessful in the ballot. cheers

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Just want RN to set us up to have a real go….he could win back a few supporters here.

Get Boyce and Gnando right through the middle and attack the inexperienced centre halves.

This 👍 we have to go all out at that defence. 

Rocky jamboa

If we play with a bit of belief, we've got a good chance. They look ropey at the back. Hoping we have a right good go at them. 

Famous 1874

They are minging and that extra 30 mins can only be good for us. 

3-1 Hearts - Boyce, GMS and Ginnelly 

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

They are minging and that extra 30 mins can only be good for us. 

3-1 Hearts - Boyce, GMS and Ginnelly 

This

Have a good feeling about this match now.

Need Halliday and Haring in midfield with the two attacking wingers, Boyce up front with Walker behind him. Have a go at them from the start. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
52 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Anyone know if it will be pay in at gate again after August reopening? 

With the checks and measures obvs... 

**** anything other than 3 points in this one. They are absolutely rotten, and we have the best chance we have ever had to smash them right at the start of the season and then not have to worry about them for another couple of months in the league. 

Sideways, backwards, negative pish can do one.  If we set up cautiously against them, we are admitting defeat without even trying. They are shite and we should be pressuring them and hounding them at all times.  Their defenders are awful, and their goalkeeper is even worse. High pressure, shoot from everywhere, get balls in the box. 

This is the one time we can actually look forward to a game against them with a reasonable amount of confidence.  Get them beat and watch them crumble. 

Then do it all again in the League Cup. 

Wholly depends on how we set up/who’s available. Assuming Soapy is fine, we really need to persist with the 3-4–3.  

I’d be tempted to start young Pollock. His energy and willingness to get forward will be ideal although I’m not convinced he will start.

This Celtic team are poor and they have players who are low on confidence, some don’t want to be there and they will be tired after that. Plus there will be no away fans.

Our players will respect them but will not fear them. We need to press them high and put them under pressure. They can’t seem to cope with the opposition doing this.

Will be quite refreshing to be the underdog again. In our delayed SC games last season, we did ok when we were underdogs..

Celtic will be under big pressure to start the season well and they will have to attack. If we can continue this excellent defensive run, there will be plenty of space to run into. 

This sort of game will suit the likes of GMS, Gino and Boyce. 

So based on all of that, 0-3 Celtic..😂

Na, I think we will get something out of this. 

Edited by MattyK82

Ccjambo1874

A repeat 4-3 home win from when we got promoted the last time and played St Johnstone. Because why not.

They aren't up to much at the back but have got some good attacking players. Reckon there'll be goals but could go either way just now. 

Hopefully the fans being back helps us edge it.

C’mon Hearts please be positive and have a go. None of that Celtic back 5 would get in our starting 11. That’s the first time in my lifetime I’ve ever been able to say that!

1 minute ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

A repeat 4-3 home win from when we got promoted the last time and played St Johnstone. Because why not.

They aren't up to much at the back but have got some good attacking players. Reckon there'll be goals but could go either way just now. 

Hopefully the fans being back helps us edge it.

A repeat 4-0 from that classic match a couple of years ago would be better. 

**** giving them 3 goals at Tynecastle. 

Gorgie_Rules

Gordon

Halkett Souttar Kingsley

Smith                                         Cochrane

Halliday   Haring

Ginnelly                            GMS

Boyce

Only decision (assuming all fit) is to go more compact with Haring beside Halliday, or play Nando up front with Boyce instead. 

jimmy the jambo

Will GMS hold back a bit on Saturday,I hope he plays brilliantly and proves a point. 

I don’t make predictions,However the Referee will do his best to help Celtic in there hours of need. 

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

6-1 to us 😁

Top man.  Mid you, ye widnae want to be the referee on that Celtic bus on Saturday so ye wouldnae.  

John Findlay

After tonight's events it will either be Beaton or Collum as referee.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Celtic haven't been completely dog shit over these 2 games, plenty of danger coming forward. But they will be the weakest Celtic for a while, which strangely bothers me. 

4500 is lucky break for them. Full Tynecastle would have been interesting how they handled it. 

We have a chance but need to improve our sharpness in the final third. Really not sure what to expect in truth 

how I see it too.  Absolutely no idea what to expect. If GMS and Ginelly are on form we can hurt them no doubt. Neilson HAS to play Boyce as a striker. 
They are as weak as I can ever remember at the back 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Batistuta87

Probably never been as beatable as they are right now.

Gonna call it early. This new manager of theirs ain't going to last long. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Roxy Hearts

Just go for it! We normally get beat anyway, so just a good old fashioned "get intae them!" please Hearts. I actually think Robbie is looking forward to this especially after the SC final. 

Halliday and McCulloch should also help fire up the team! 

Seaside jambo

Would quite happily take a draw on Saturday but the more I think n drink we could nick it by a goal Boyce to come to the fore and give us a win 

come on the Hearts 

JamboBornNBred

Craig Gordons run of clean sheets to continue..........Hearts 1 Celtic 0

Cut The Crap

Celtic are clearly howling. I imagine they’ll still win by two. Hope I’m wrong.

Drylaw Hearts
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bobby Madden.

complete control
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Think they will have bitton back from suspension and maybe the new swedish guy will make his debut. Still got far more match winners than us. Hopefully take something out of the game but canny see it.

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Are you referring to the rhythmic gymnastics or the over 70s breakdancing?

I think we can take them so long as Boyce leads the line.

I'd like to see Walker start ahead of Gino because I think he offers more of a goalscoring threat and at the moment only Boyce offers goals. 

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Smith                         Cochrane 

Haring Halliday 

GMS                   Walker

Boyce 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I think we can take them so long as Boyce leads the line.

I'd like to see Walker start ahead of Gino because I think he offers more of a goalscoring threat and at the moment only Boyce offers goals. 

Gordon 

Soapy Halkett Kingsley 

Smith                         Cochrane 

Haring Halliday 

GMS                   Walker

Boyce 

😭

Rocky jamboa

I'm hoping Robbie and the players have the same mindset as most folk on here and go for it. Not some crappy sitting back, insipid stuff like we had at the start of the cup final v them when we went 2-0 down.

Id play gnando and Boyce up front. Ginelly and GMS firing crosses in. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic