EH11_2NL

been here before

He's the new ajKB Lawrence Shankland. Every time he kicks a ball someone starts a thread on here.

Must be a fortnight since the last one.

Edited by been here before

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

He's the new ajKB Lawrence Shankland. Every time he kicks a ball someone starts a thread on here.

Must be a fortnight since the last one.

Thought that was Zak Rudden 😁

Kirky Jambo

I liked Uche but as others have said not quite up to SPL standard unfortunately 

Edited by everton_jambo

How long has he been away? 

Give it a few more months, and he'll be the best player we ever had, and we were stupid for ever letting him go. 

Did well enough at Wycombe to get a move away once they were relegated. Can imagine Warnock getting the best out of him. Always seemed to be either falling down or hopelessly isolated for us. Good luck to the guy. 

CloustonHMFC

Was utterly shite for us, a good guy but was never good enough on the pitch. Fair play if he can salvage a decent career in the English championship. 

Nookie Bear

Just shows how badly weighted the transfer market is in the UK. 

He was practically worthless when he played up here but if we tried to buy him from Boro they would be holding out for £1m+. 

2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Was utterly shite for us, a good guy but was never good enough on the pitch. Fair play if he can salvage a decent career in the English championship. 

He's not a good guy if you believe he was claiming to be injured and wasn't.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just shows how badly weighted the transfer market is in the UK. 

He was practically worthless when he played up here but if we tried to buy him from Boro they would be holding out for £1m+. 

Really does. 

The value of a transfer for a player down there doesn't reflect their quality. 

BackOfTheNet

There’s really no point starting Ikpeazu threads. Even if he’s done something off the field that’s good or on the field that’s good you’re going to get the same people that want to come on here and talk about how crap they thought he was/is. When he wasn’t/isn’t. No world beater, as I’ve said a million times, but a player that can play well and did for us more than a few times. People just form opinions too quickly and these days (Internet days) people are too stubborn to change their minds. Not saying people should change their minds, but even if there was evidence there that would people just don’t anymore. They stick to their pub chat conclusions through thick or thin.

Just don’t bother with these threads anymore, good intentions or not all it does is bring negativity towards someone who seems a great guy and left his sweat on the pitch when playing for us. He doesn’t deserve middle aged bald divorcees who had knee injuries as a teenager that prevented them making it to the top who get all their football opinions from their bi-daily pub visits spouting their stubborn nonsense on a regular basis.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

been here before
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

There’s really no point starting Ikpeazu threads. Even if he’s done something off the field that’s good or on the field that’s good you’re going to get the same people that want to come on here and talk about how crap they thought he was/is. When he wasn’t/isn’t. No world beater, as I’ve said a million times, but a player that can play well and did for us more than a few times. People just form opinions too quickly and these days (Internet days) people are too stubborn to change their minds. Not saying people should change their minds, but even if there was evidence there that would people just don’t anymore. They stick to their pub chat conclusions through thick or thin.

Just don’t bother with these threads anymore, good intentions or not all it does is bring negativity towards someone who seems a great guy and left his sweat on the pitch when playing for us. He doesn’t deserve middle aged bald divorcees who had knee injuries as a teenager that prevented them making it to the top who get all their football opinions from their bi-daily pub visits spouting their stubborn nonsense on a regular basis.

Hiya Uche!!

That "sweat you leave in the pitch" is it still pouring out your arse after 60 minutes? Or are you managing to show some effort for the full 90?

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hiya Uche!!

That "sweat you leave in the pitch" is it still pouring out your arse after 60 minutes? Or are you managing to show some effort for the full 90?

Sorry she turned the weans against you.

Seriously, the thread even being a thing is questionable, yes. But the poster wasn’t asking for what people thought of Ikpeazu as a player. Instead of seeing the thread and thinking “why would I want to watch Middlesbrough v York? That’s weird” and then move onto another thread or another site or something else - people instead feel the need to throw insults at the guy. It’s weird wee man behaviour so it is.

Poor player for us in my opinion. You could count on your fingers how many times he did something good. Can’t believe I was having a discussion with someone a few weeks back because they preferred Ikpeazu to Sow. 

Bazzas right boot

Frustrating player. 

If he'd had learned that actually controlling the ball and not running into the player was better he might have developed. 

Never seemed to learn or adapt. 

Shame, Very effective on his day and had his moments. 

Good luck to him. 

been here before
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sorry she turned the weans against you.

Seriously, the thread even being a thing is questionable, yes. But the poster wasn’t asking for what people thought of Ikpeazu as a player. Instead of seeing the thread and thinking “why would I want to watch Middlesbrough v York? That’s weird” and then move onto another thread or another site or something else - people instead feel the need to throw insults at the guy. It’s weird wee man behaviour so it is.

Uche, that first sentence makes no sense at all.

Could have been a big player for us but think the manager of the day saw to it that there was going to be no flourishing under his watch.

Was limited but had physique and other credentials that undoubtedly could have been better utilised. 

Disparaging comments about him in the English championship like a lot of things at Hearts makes no sense. 

Think folk are being harsh on him. Not a massive goal scorer but his holding up play was exceptional. We just never had anyone to take advantage of that. 

Captain Lithuania
17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Think folk are being harsh on him. Not a massive goal scorer but his holding up play was exceptional. We just never had anyone to take advantage of that. 

Not sure I agree with this. He could barely hold himself up at time and that done him no favours. At times he would power through defenders, several at a times leaving them all on their arses. Then other times he would just fall on his arse and look bemused why he didn’t get the foul. Guy has useful attributes but unfortunately doesn’t know how to use them. A shame really. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Really? 

The only thing he gave away more than the ball where  fouls. 

He was at his best when running the channels and going direct or hitting first time shots. 

His hold up play was the most frustrating thing. 

Should have been good but he never released the ball quickly enough and often left the ball and backed into players giving away fouls or falling over. 

I liked the guy but not good enough. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Nothing about Uche was exceptional. He enjoyed the dark arts of the game

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The evidence is he scored 10 goals in 2 season. Sorry I don't think highly of him based on that.

BackOfTheNet
23 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

The evidence is he scored 10 goals in 2 season. Sorry I don't think highly of him based on that.

I’m not saying people aren’t entitled to their opinion. I just don’t get why it people see his name they foam at the mouth and instead of ignoring the thread feel they have to put a dig in.

The thread was not asking for opinions, it was letting people know an ex player was on a live stream. It should have sank to page 2, but it’s kept afloat by people with some weird need to get a dig in. It’s wee man behaviour.

Thread full of these types…

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not saying people aren’t entitled to their opinion. I just don’t get why it people see his name they foam at the mouth and instead of ignoring the thread feel they have to put a dig in.

The thread was not asking for opinions, it was letting people know an ex player was on a live stream. It should have sank to page 2, but it’s kept afloat by people with some weird need to get a dig in. It’s wee man behaviour.

In all honesty it was bad enough watching him at Hearts, I guess most of us have no interest in watching him after he left, think it was a strange thread to start. I opened it expecting it to be him scoring a worldie and how we should have kept him.

been here before
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Theres only one poster on this thread looling like he's foaming at the mouth...

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

In all honesty it was bad enough watching him at Hearts, I guess most of us have no interest in watching him after he left, think it was a strange thread to start. I opened it expecting it to be him scoring a worldie and how we should have kept him.

I get that. I did too, thought he scored another in the top corner like he did on his Boot pre-season friendly debut or something. But it wasn’t so I left the thread as it was of no interest and there was point posting anything. But I was surprised to see it was still going today and lo and behold it’s because people are popping up the thread with insults. Just seems weird to me.

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres only one poster on this thread looling like he's foaming at the mouth...

Not sure what “looling” is but that’s no way to talk about yourself…

been here before
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure what “looling” is but that’s no way to talk about yourself…

:rofl:

Please tell me a 5 year old thought that up for you. If not then maybe its time to ask your carer to let you have a break from the computer.

BackOfTheNet
42 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Please tell me a 5 year old thought that up for you. If not then maybe its time to ask your carer to let you have a break from the computer.

You’re an odd entity, aren’t you. But hey, you went looking for the argument (as you do all over this forum) so I guess I’m the fool that fell for it.

been here before
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You’re an odd entity, aren’t you. But hey, you went looking for the argument (as you do all over this forum) so I guess I’m the fool that fell for it.

Aye, cause thats what happened right enough.

You're posting like Uche plays.

The odd good thing mostly by accident rather than design, soon sussed then over whelmingly shite sitting there looking up claiming innocence and blaming your ineptitude on others.

5 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He’s nowhere near as bad as some make out on here. 

If he had turned up for every game, I’d think much more favourably about him.  One of the major reasons we have looked so shit in recent seasons is we often had 3 or 4 players in a game that just couldn’t be bothered. 

Edited by GinRummy

We've had so so many players deserving of more criticism over the last five years, bizarre that he's the one that triggers people so much

• 3 weeks later...
Francis Albert

Debut goal in a win against Bristol City yesterday. Looks a bit slimmer/fitter from the picture of his celebration. Be interesting to see how he does in that league.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Debut goal in a win against Bristol City yesterday. Looks a bit slimmer/fitter from the picture of his celebration. Be interesting to see how he does in that league.

Home league debut, he played last week. Had an assist for their winner too. He and their other new signing scored and we’re mentioned in post match analysis on the Quest highlights.

What i remember of Uche is him shooting high up into the Gorgie from the edge of the box, and a football outskilling him on the touchline while he lost control of his legs. Wish him well but I don't miss him

1 minute ago, lou said:

I am in the minority who would have kept him at Tynecastle I think he would have had a field day in the championship

Not sure about that, referees up here don't give strong players any leeway, they tend to protect physically weaker players

3 minutes ago, Vansen said:

What i remember of Uche is him shooting high up into the Gorgie from the edge of the box, and a football outskilling him on the touchline while he lost control of his legs. Wish him well but I don't miss him

The guy was as strong as a bear yet seemed to fall over from a slight blow of the wind. Good luck to him but yeah don't miss him either.

section s heart

Glad the big guy's doing ok.

His time at Hearts could have been so much better as he had some decent attributes, but ultimately it didn't really work. Some combination of Uche not having the awareness to adapt his game, or not getting coaching to help him, or indeed being told to keep doing what he was doing, which amounted to not holding the ball up effectively and giving away needless fouls (and not getting the fouls being committed on him). 

Francis Albert
40 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Home league debut, he played last week. Had an assist for their winner too. He and their other new signing scored and we’re mentioned in post match analysis on the Quest highlights.

Thanks. The  report I read said both he and the other scorer had "debut goals". Presumably meaning first league goals or first home goals. Anyway not a bad start.