Papa Johns - sponsoring SPFL's 41 clubs

jamboinglasgow

indianajones
Just now, davemclaren said:

Are their pizzas any good? Never had one. 

For the chains they are one of the better ones. 

You are much better getting a decent pizza from a smaller local shop though!

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Cheese burger one is wonderful TBF 😐

davemclaren
Just now, indianajones said:

For the chains they are one of the better ones. 

You are much better getting a decent pizza from a smaller local shop though!

👍

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I get one every Saturday. Sure I read that the average lockdown weight gain was half a stone. I might disagree. 😁

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On par with domino's. Would rather get a pizza from the chippy.

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They absolutely knock spots off Domino's and Pizza Hut - not exactly a high bar, but they are by far the best chain pizza place. 

They usually have a 50% or 60% off deal, so you'll get a large pizza for just over a tenner.  Can't really argue with them. 

Anyone saying you get a better pizza out of the chippy is talking complete nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Something missing in that...

I dont do Twatter. Whats missing?

chuck berrys hairline
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Us 

Only club ommited from the advert

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

They showed every club badge in SPFL except ours.

As another poster says they have now pulled the tweet.

Was just Sky Sports level of incompetence towards Scottish football

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Had one for the first time last month.  It was shit. 

1 hour ago, Pistol1874 said:

I bet this is because of the booing during the silence for Papa John Paul II.

Petty.

Made me chuckle 😄

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was working in Louisville a few years back and my hotel was adjacent to one. 

I wandered over and ordered a large one as the hotel was in one of those huge open mall areas. 

:phface:

4 days later I still had some in my fridge.

I enjoyed it but I can't remember what I had on it. 

Discover a Buffalo Wild Wings the next day.....

Made the mistake of ordering a large meal deal when I was working away once - large pepperoni pizza and chicken strips with a Pepsi. The pizza was enormous and I counted 27 chicken strips. Was slightly embarrassed to leave as much as I did and ended up handing my leftovers in at the front desk of the hotel and telling them to fire in 😂

2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Us 

Only club ommited from the advert

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They showed every club badge in SPFL except ours.

As another poster says they have now pulled the tweet.

Was just Sky Sports level of incompetence towards Scottish football

OK Cheers lads. 

upgotheheads
34 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just buy a supermarket one and give it a boost with some fresh toppings

Absolutely. Aldi; cheese Pizza from the freezer 352 gms (Goodfellas? not sure) 99p

Then, according to taste: this is mine;

anchovies, four,  (or more if you like them)                                                               20p

Olives, green or black 6 or 7,                                                                                      2p

Capers                            "                                                                                            1p

Sliced cherry tomatoes or sundried jarred, to taste (not too many)                        5p

Mushrooms chestnut 1  or 2  thinly sliced                                                                  2p

a sprinkle of  Mixed herbs                                                                                           1p

Quite a lot of Chili flakes                                                                                              1p

Oven, 17 minutes                                                                                                          5p                                                                                                           

Total                                                                                                                              £1.36

How much does a PaPa john's or Dominoes cost?

Choose your own ingredients. Have some fun. Feed a family of four  for under a tenner including a beer for the  cook.

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Asda make your own are better than any of the chains like PH, Dominos or Papa Js.

Edited by Jamboelite

or if you have time make your own dough and use either a pizza oven (if you have the space/money/will) or get a pizza stone. so much better than any takeaway or shop bought pizza. with potentially the exception of independent places that have a proper pizza oven

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

or if you have time make your own dough and use either a pizza oven (if you have the space/money/will) or get a pizza stone. so much better than any takeaway or shop bought pizza. with potentially the exception of independent places that have a proper pizza oven

Or

40 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Absolutely. Aldi; cheese Pizza from the freezer 352 gms (Goodfellas? not sure) 99p

Then, according to taste: this is mine;

anchovies, four,  (or more if you like them)                                                               20p

Olives, green or black 6 or 7,                                                                                      2p

Capers                            "                                                                                            1p

Sliced cherry tomatoes or sundried jarred, to taste (not too many)                        5p

Mushrooms chestnut 1  or 2  thinly sliced                                                                  2p

a sprinkle of  Mixed herbs                                                                                           1p

Quite a lot of Chili flakes                                                                                              1p

Oven, 17 minutes                                                                                                          5p                                                                                                           

Total                                                                                                                              £1.36

How much does a PaPa john's or Dominoes cost?

Choose your own ingredients. Have some fun. Feed a family of four  for under a tenner including a beer for the  cook.

Francis Albert

Having discovered Franco Manca when they first appeared in London a few years ago I can't eat any other pizzas.

Just now, jonesy said:

Had it once, in the US.

Looked and tasted no better than shite my mother used to chuck in front of me as a kid.

Anyone feeding themselves or their kids this kind of shite on a semi-regular basis needs to get the finger out and cook some proper dinners.

Best post I’ve ever seen on Kickback :bravo:

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Given that there have only been around ten or so good posts in Kickback's 20+ years, it's not that high a bar... ;) 

That's being very generous :wink:

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

That "article" is an absolute load of shite. 

You can quite happily eat pizza, the problem happens when people shovel it into their faces 5 days a week because their idea of cooking is popping something in the microwave. 

Edited by tian447

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That "article" is an absolute load of shite. 

You can quite happily eat pizza, the problem happens when people shovel it into their faces 5 days a week because their idea of cooking is popping something in the microwave. 

can also confirm this, when I was working at Domino’s it wasn’t uncommon for

us to have four or five people who came in on a weekly basis to the point where we knew what their order would be the second they walked in :what:

Bazzas right boot

Never had one. 

I prefer a rainbow or pizza hut. 

A fresh one out of a supermarket and add your own topping is good as well. 

William H. Bonney

In terms of the big 3, papa John’s are easily the best. 
However, I do prefer a pizza from the fresh counter at Morrison’s. They are very tasty.