Halliday again…

DB-14

Boyces beard

Who cares, the guys a Rangers fan and he can talk about them untill his head explodes as long as he is giving 100% when he pulls on the Hearts jersey. This idea that players should not talk about other teams they support because it is disrespectful to there current team is bullshit.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Savage Vince

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I kind of get the seethe, if i was a footballer and played for say Killie, i'd be at Tynecastle whenever I could. I'd probably talk about Hearts at every opportunity. 

God forbid if someone who works for Asda shops in Tesco.

He can talk all he wants if he's performing. Fact is he's garbage. Perhaps passable at wing back in an emergency. Horrific in centre midfield.

2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Talking about Rangers and Morelos. If results aren’t going well for us and he continues to spout pish on Open Goal about Rangers, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/andy-halliday-shares-alfredo-morelos-24623926

Who cares 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He was on Clyde superscoreboard the weegie phone show it’s on every night and Halliday is a regular pundit has been for all his time at Hearts. He’s there to talk about Rangers as we all know he’s a Rangers fan however he did also talk about Hearts and the league cup, preseason and a couple of other Hearts related things. For me I think he gives his all for us despite his love of Rangers and will always be  a steady 6.5/10 every week. Anyone expecting more hasn’t seen much of Halliday play. 

In midfield, sure, couldn't agree more. But I really liked him as a LWB. Seems to suit him better too. 

8 minutes ago, 151 said:

Although I kind of get the seethe, if i was a footballer and played for say Killie, i'd be at Tynecastle whenever I could. I'd probably talk about Hearts at every opportunity. 

God forbid if someone who works for Asda shops in Tesco.

🤣🤣 Always forgotten on here. Christ , imagine being at Dundee Utd n asking people the Hearts score as soon as games are finished….Almost as if you weren’t a supporter of the team you play for.

Right…Manager of Tesco shops in Sainsburys… Sack them Noooooo

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, complete control said:

He is worried sick seemingly aboot morelos being absent  🤥

Did he get a doctor's note?

Savage Vince

Let's not kid ourselves here. If this was an ex Celtic player creaming himself about Celtic every other week on Open Goal then this would be a completely different thread. The seethe would be off the scale. 

Sad but true. 

FWIW I thought the same of Kris Boyd when he was playing for Killie yet had a column in the paper where he could freely criticise whoever he liked and often talked up Rangers Rangers Rangers.

Scottish football is dire at times and the media circus doesn't help much.

11 minutes ago, kila said:

FWIW I thought the same of Kris Boyd when he was playing for Killie yet had a column in the paper where he could freely criticise whoever he liked and often talked up Rangers Rangers Rangers.

Yeah its embarrassingly tin pot and doesn't say much for the players respect for the club they're at. Plus Boyd used his column to take pot shots at Cathro which didn't help things. 

The only media duty Hearts players should be doing is as Hearts players. Anything less doesn't sit right with me. 

44 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Let's not kid ourselves here. If this was an ex Celtic player creaming himself about Celtic every other week on Open Goal then this would be a completely different thread. The seethe would be off the scale. 

Sad but true. 

No theres only a couple of posters who would be seething. Anyone with half an iota of sense doesnt give a ****. 

It's no secret that Halliday is a Rangers fan, but I could really do without seeing his mug all over social media and the news talking up other clubs in our league. If this was a Hibs player constantly bumming up Celtic, we'd have a right old chuckle at their expense, just like we did with Neil Lennon...

As others have said, I could maybe ignore it if he was playing a blinder every week, but he's bang average, and despite only being 29, looks and plays like a 40 year old man. Would happily see him binned.

Halliday is utter mince I cannot understand what Neilson sees in him. Play the young lad pollock instead of Halliday but will he I don’t think so !!

Savage Vince
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

It's no secret that Halliday is a Rangers fan, but I could really do without seeing his mug all over social media and the news talking up other clubs in our league. If this was a Hibs player constantly bumming up Celtic, we'd have a right old chuckle at their expense, just like we did with Neil Lennon...

As others have said, I could maybe ignore it if he was playing a blinder every week, but he's bang average, and despite only being 29, looks and plays like a 40 year old man. Would happily see him binned.

Yup. 

Savage Vince
22 minutes ago, sadj said:

No theres only a couple of posters who would be seething. 

First day on Kickback? 

Just now, Savage Vince said:

First day on Kickback? 

Ok shall we agree on some seethe and a lot of absolute walloper Rangers til I die posters being outraged

Can you imagine, say Marcus Rashford going on a podcast or whatever and bigging Liverpool up?

Or our beloved JC doing the same for Celtic? 
Nah. 

4 minutes ago, One five said:

The thing is he will give us maximum effort against Celtic but will he against the Rangers? , just a thought.

Yes its his job. To even question that is mental. Do you really think players go out and give a half assed performance because they grew up supporting the team you are playing? 🙈

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yes its his job. To even question that is mental. Do you really think players go out and give a half assed performance because they grew up supporting the team you are playing? 🙈

As I said it’s just a thought

3 hours ago, scottg71 said:

He can talk all he wants if he's performing. Fact is he's garbage. Perhaps passable at wing back in an emergency. Horrific in centre midfield.

The point of recruitment is to find suitable replacements for this standard of player. Then he can seek full time pundit work or another club.

The Apprentice

If the roles were reversed and Halliday was a die-hard Hearts fan who had signed for Rangers (or Celtic for that matter), he’d be crucified by that lot if he spoke about us like that.

2 hours ago, kila said:

To be fair Boyd was right about Cathro.

Savage Vince
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Ok shall we agree on some seethe and a lot of absolute walloper Rangers til I die posters being outraged

Deal. 

Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, scottg71 said:

This.

Got found out in midfield in the championship.

God help him in the SPL if he is  persisted with in there.

Some folk will dismiss his obvious Rangers love in till the day we play them last game of the season or so and he deliberately misses an open goal or penalty v them - him talking about his love of Rangers i find terrible considering he should be concentrating his focus on us,appears as soon as he leaves Riccarton its Rangers back on the mind 

58 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Some folk will dismiss his obvious Rangers love in till the day we play them last game of the season or so and he deliberately misses an open goal or penalty v them - him talking about his love of Rangers i find terrible considering he should be concentrating his focus on us,appears as soon as he leaves Riccarton its Rangers back on the mind 

Lets be real here, if we have an important game against Rangers he'll get himself sent off the week before

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I get it isn't that big a deal but I'd prefer him not to bang on about rangers. I don't mind what team our players support but having some sort of old firm uber fan isn't the best. Wish he'd just STFU to be honest.

I suppose I agree.

It was sort of the same with Lafferty. We all knew he played the bigoted orange Rangers fud, and I lapped it up when we played Celtic because I'm still a 90 minute bigoted fud too, but in the real world we can well do without it.

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I suppose I agree.

It was sort of the same with Lafferty. We all knew he played the bigoted orange Rangers fud, and I lapped it up when we played Celtic because I'm still a 90 minute bigoted fud too, but in the real world we can well do without it.

I’d be starting him on Saturday. Guaranteed to put an extra effort in. 

2 hours ago, rory78 said:

Its ****ing amateurish. Likened to Boyd when at Kilmarnock. But this is Heart of Midlothian, not some Ayrshire backwater. What Bobby Walker would make if it or any legend that's wore the shirt. 

10 hours ago, scottg71 said:

Although we've played lower league teams I think he hasn't looked to bad so far this season

Unknown user

I don't like him, his hunnish tendencies, or how publicly and vocally he's into them.

While he wears maroon on the pitch I'll support him but, like most Huns, he can away and **** himself again when the contract's up

Edited by Smithee

I get that players are football fans aswell but the only love in a player should be having in the media is about the club that employs them.

21 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Halliday appears on an hour long podcast. 

The podcast discusses numerous teams in Scottish football. 

Glasgow based paper cherry picks comments about one team. 

Froth and fury on Kickback

In a nutshell. But people on here think he's doing articles, etc :lol:

Robbo-Jambo
13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’d be starting him on Saturday. Guaranteed to put an extra effort in. 

Danger is the possibility of picking up a red card.

Absolute stick on for a yellow at least on Saturday.

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't like him, his hunnish tendencies, or how publicly and vocally he's into them.

While he wears maroon on the pitch I'll support him but, like most Huns, he can away and **** himself again when the contract's up

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Don't particularly like the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Don't particularly like the guy. 

Whats everyone's opinion on midfield .

3 Andy Hallidays or

3 Jamie Walkers 

Drylaw Hearts

It bugs me we pay these guys wages then they go and get a wee side gig earning some extra cash for talking up other another team.

Its all a bit Kris Boyd imo.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Has the club released a statement yet?

Shambles, its just horrific.

Yep

"You let your club die. OFGTF"

Going by the varied responses on here it’s clear Halliday is a divisive personality amongst the Hearts support, whatever your views it’s obvious Halliday should be pulled aside by someone at Hearts and told to reign it in when discussing our direct opponents 

No chance of him getting a contract extension next season, so he can rim the Rangers hole all he likes when Kilmarnock or St Mirren are paying his wages next year.

Scottish media do this all the time.

a certain player has played for one of the old firm and they always get associated with either one. Even if the player has left them and playing for another non old firm club.

In the media it’s always ex rangers/Celtic player such and such, even if they have played for a couple of clubs since then.

mind you the player doesn’t have to go along with it.

Makes us look small time. 3rd biggest club in the country and one of our players keeps talking about another team

Don’t compare him to Gordon. Gordon is a hearts and scotland legend doing proper punditry work. Halliday is an average player - who is still earning his shirt - basically acting as a fanboy

Hectormasson
On 27/07/2021 at 13:23, Savage Vince said:

Sad but true. 

Bang on ....👌

22 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Bang on ....👌

Agreed I would be raging, but as it is am not bothered, as for team on Saturday first name on team sheet in midfield for me as things stand, then if Cochrane having difficulty coping with Forrest he can switch to left back, you all need to get off his back!

Its unrealistic to expect someone so into rangers to have any self awareness. He's the average rangers fan. No surprise he acts like one

Austin MacGlee
23 hours ago, Locky said:

Sadly agree with all of this.