• Unknown user

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Savage Vince

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

How dare he.

my mindset as well! How dare he talk about rangers on a Scottish football podcast. As long as he delivers on the pitch he can do what he wants in his spare time.

Halliday is exactly the type of player we need in this league and I hope/think he will surprise a few this season who have been on his case. 

Think perception thing...if he does well on pitch ok but if things not going well it will be something quick to be cast up and used against him/team

As I’ve said

1 minute ago, LMc said:

Getting the boot in early!

Not at all but if things aren’t going well and he is continuing his weekly show discussing Rangers then quite quickly it’ll turn. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

:rofl:

Hysterical pish.

How some folk manage to function in their daily lives is beyond me.

Edited by been here before

I get it isn't that big a deal but I'd prefer him not to bang on about rangers. I don't mind what team our players support but having some sort of old firm uber fan isn't the best. Wish he'd just STFU to be honest.

Салатные палочки

More concerned about him being a rent-a-gob for that shite rag than the podcasts tbh. 

I see they have an article today about Celtic trying to get Gordon back to replace Barkas :laugh2:

12 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Talking about Rangers and Morelos. If results aren’t going well for us and he continues to spout pish on Open Goal about Rangers, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/andy-halliday-shares-alfredo-morelos-24623926

Well said. I’d release him for those comments. 

It’s something I will be totally immature and fickle about. 

If he is producing the goods week in week out for us then he can kiss Gerrard’s ring all he wants. If he puts in inept, canny be arsed displays like 75% of last season then he can **** right off. 

indianajones

Not entirely sure how Andy has become this rentagob type? 

I dont think there is a single football fan in Scotland (including us and Sevco) that listens to him.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I get it isn't that big a deal but I'd prefer him not to bang on about rangers. I don't mind what team our players support but having some sort of old firm uber fan isn't the best. Wish he'd just STFU to be honest.

Couldn't agree more. Its akin to something like a Leicester player going on a weekly show to talk about his love of Chelsea or Man U. Fairly certain the Leicester fans wouldn't be happy and I doubt the club would allow it either. If nothing else, it's a lack of professionalism. He's a full time professional footballer for hearts. Concentrate on that and talk about rangers all you want on a couple of years when you are retired or playing part time in lower leagues for fun 

SuperstarSteve

I can’t stand the guy. 

Laughing at our expense the on the radio a day after Alloa pumped us out the cup whilst stating he wouldn’t speak to his family for a week if rangers lost a friendly. 

I’ve no problem with players doing media work but have some respect in the week before we play Celtic Gordon is focused on playing Celtic. 
Halliday is doing articles worried about rangers. 

it’s laughable and as much as you back whoever is on the field a can’t wait till the guys is nowhere near this club. 

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Hysterical pish.

How some folk manage to function in their daily lives is beyond me.

Sound mate. 🙌🏻

Stendelnator

Halliday appears on an hour long podcast. 

The podcast discusses numerous teams in Scottish football. 

Glasgow based paper cherry picks comments about one team. 

Froth and fury on Kickback

I’m pretty sure when Halliday has a bad game it will be nothing to do with who he supports or his media work. At least we now have something to blame it on though. 

Fine as long as Halliday has the game of his life against Rangers, the seethe towards AH on here if we get beat, Weill be a hoot.

interesting to see the reaction  if this was Craig Gordon on podcasts or Radio shows discussing Celtic

It is a bit annoying when we're in the same league, going to be playing them...

The 'Only Hearts' thing lasted 5 mins didn't it? Before we allowed Bobby on loan to St. Mirren etc. Now we have a player who is also employed elsewhere to talk about Rangers Rangers Rangers Rangers.

Those saying it's fine would have a completely different reaction if it was someone talking about Celtic!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm actually a lot happier with Halliday at the moment. Players who have to do the dirty work rarely get appreciated

Bazzas right boot

Although I don't really care what team he supports and what he does In his spare time I wonder if folk would react the same if it was Celtic’s arsehole he was tongue tickling. 

It's hardly a "disaster waiting to happen" tho. 

**** me, do folk like creating a drama?

I blame the book of face, everything on it turns into  hysterical nonsense. Folk need drama it seems. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm actually a lot happier with Halliday at the moment. Players who have to do the dirty work rarely get appreciated

Unlike a women who does the dirty work, always appreciated. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unlike a women who does the dirty work, always appreciated. 

Very true SRB, very true

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Although I don't really care what team he supports and what he does In his spare time I wonder if folk would react the same if it was Celtic’s arsehole he was tongue tickling. 

Happy for him to have a media career, we all know his team but it feels like a slap in the face when you expect players to represent the club and not bang on about rivals. 

Would be the same if it was Celtic/Hibs etc. 

If it's analysis of a game then fine, but when it's talking about another club in the terms of "we" then you know Hearts aren't his priority except for picking up a wage. 

I'm still of the opinion he's a player who turns up a couple of times a season and is bang average for the rest. Would be happy to be proved wrong. 

Gordon Ramsay

I'd imagine the majority of Scottish footballers support a team in Scotland they don't play for. I don't see them falling over themselves to bum said team at every opportunity in the media.

Not very professional in my opinion but Hearts obviously aren't bothered. 

Soft touch attitude still at the core of our club. 

ToadKiller Dog

It's not great pr for our club to see one of our supposed marquee (over hyped in my opinion ) signings last time to be seen spending his time talking about the Orcs .

Personally don't think it's very professional but it's the way of football in Scotland and Halliday has a sort of character to live up to for the Orc masses .

I wonder what managers of a previous era would have made of it ,Fergie and wee jum would have stamped it straight out or he would be out .

Seething oot ma box... 🙄

He appears on a show, he's asked his opinion on things, he's a Rangers fan... Big deal. 

I’m more worried about having him in our midfield than what he does or says elsewhere TBH.

Has the odd decent game and puts a foot in but is, largely anonymous and certainly not the midfield general we’ve needed for about 5 years

Edited by Jamhammer

heartmussel

Not long read a story by Craig Gordon on Celtics chances next season🤷‍♂️

I'd presume that he gets asked for his opinion, possibly gets paid for giving it, and maybe has an eye for a career in punditry when he hangs up his boots in the not too distant future. He's a professional footballer, it's a short career and who could blame him for trying to shape a lucrative future for him and his family? In the world of Scottish football punditry, is it any wonder that he talks about Rangers and Celtic most of the time, they all do, it's what the media businesses that pay them want. Why are people so precious about this, it means nothing? He's paid by Hearts to play football for Hearts, and he does that. I've never seen him give less than 100% for us, even on days when things aren't going for him (happens to all players). Good luck to him in the world of punditry if that's what he wants.    

Jeffros Furios

He can talk about rangers all he likes when hes retired and certainly not at Hearts .

He's got more to say about them than the club that pays his wages .

14 minutes ago, tynewater said:

I'd presume that he gets asked for his opinion, possibly gets paid for giving it, and maybe has an eye for a career in punditry when he hangs up his boots in the not too distant future. He's a professional footballer, it's a short career and who could blame him for trying to shape a lucrative future for him and his family? In the world of Scottish football punditry, is it any wonder that he talks about Rangers and Celtic most of the time, they all do, it's what the media businesses that pay them want. Why are people so precious about this, it means nothing? He's paid by Hearts to play football for Hearts, and he does that. I've never seen him give less than 100% for us, even on days when things aren't going for him (happens to all players). Good luck to him in the world of punditry if that's what he wants.    

He's late 20s, he still has several years in the game before at that point. 

I think the question is, do you see current OF players doing that kind of thing? If not why not?

I'd rather now we're back in the top flight that stuff got put to the side till the end of the season/ international breaks. 

Stendelnator
14 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He can talk about rangers all he likes when hes retired and certainly not at Hearts .

He talks about Hearts in every appearance on the podcast. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Just now, OTT said:

He's late 20s, he still has several years in the game before at that point. 

I think the question is, do you see current OF players doing that kind of thing? If not why not?

I'd rather now we're back in the top flight that stuff got put to the side till the end of the season/ international breaks. 

Have to agree, there is absolutely no way the Old Firm would accept any of there players waxing lyrical about other clubs who are in direct opposition 

It’s very tinpot from Hearts accepting this, exactly the same as Kris Boyd of Kilmarnock rimming Rangers at every opportunity 

Fans will possibly turn a blind eye to this if things are going well, but I can guarantee if we are struggling this season Halliday will be one of the first to feel the wrath of the fans, but as others have said, it’s his choice, as long as he doesn’t whinge on his podcasts when the fans turn on him

Just another dull, average, 5/10, meh player in a squad full of them. 

Hopefully by the end of the window he's back up at best. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh he should be told to shut the **** up by the club.

He plays for Hearts and gets his wages paid by us.

Why he has to bang on Rangers to the public on social media is an embarrassment imo. 😏

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

my mindset as well! How dare he talk about rangers on a Scottish football podcast. As long as he delivers on the pitch he can do what he wants in his spare time.

Halliday is exactly the type of player we need in this league and I hope/think he will surprise a few this season who have been on his case. 

That's my opinion too,   do the business on the pitch, and the rest doesn't matter, 

As long as he does the business on the park for us, then I don’t give a toss for his comments on Sevco.

Jeffros Furios
19 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

He talks about Hearts in every appearance on the podcast. 

As he should considering we employ him .

He was on Clyde superscoreboard the weegie phone show it’s on every night and Halliday is a regular pundit has been for all his time at Hearts. He’s there to talk about Rangers as we all know he’s a Rangers fan however he did also talk about Hearts and the league cup, preseason and a couple of other Hearts related things. For me I think he gives his all for us despite his love of Rangers and will always be  a steady 6.5/10 every week. Anyone expecting more hasn’t seen much of Halliday play. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Halliday appears on an hour long podcast. 

The podcast discusses numerous teams in Scottish football. 

Glasgow based paper cherry picks comments about one team. 

Froth and fury on Kickback

Sounds more accurate than the pant wetting from other posters