Austin McPhee

Mr Rabbit

12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Talk down south is he’s in the frame to takeover from John Terry as an Assistant at Villa.

No chance.

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Hope villa haven’t seen his stint in charge of us :lol: cringe at him in that doc

To be fair, that diving header attempt was probably the highlight 🤣

Love how people say “cant see it” “no chance” as if he doesnt have a decent rep in the game. No diff to Cathro , Cathro shouldn’t have been a manager but as a coach hes very highly regarded. Aye but Cathro is shit 🤣 football fans eh

Good luck to the man. Best as an assistant manager. 

Tactically clueless so will be interesting to see what he could bring to villa if true. 

I Can only tell you 5 people in Scotland right now who I would take at hearts

Michael Beale

Callum Davidson 

Steve Clarke 

Derek Mcinnes

Jim Jefferies 

SFA believe it or not is world renowned for its coaching classes. 

Its definitely not the lack of quality talent. Its the mentality of the people influencing the approach to Scottish football. 

It's quick, fast paced and technical. 

The fundamental issues with that is not one club focuses on the aspects of technical coaching. 

Hearts have always relied on being a physical team with a target man and a brute midfield. 

The last decent midfield we had was when romanov came with luxury players such as Julien brellier, rudi, Paul Hartley. 

And wingers who could press and break up play. 

Berra than you
Just now, sadj said:

Love how people say “cant see it” “no chance” as if he doesnt have a decent rep in the game. No diff to Cathro , Cathro shouldn’t have been a manager but as a coach hes very highly regarded. Aye but Cathro is shit 🤣 football fans eh

Could happen. I will see though that Austin does have a knack of being linked with jobs that he was never in the frame for... Was it an Indian team that was in for him when he was at hearts? I remember someone on the terrace calling bullshit on it as the evening news had contacted the club in question who had no idea who he was.

Just now, Restonbabe said:

Good luck to the man. Best as an assistant manager. Tactically clueless so will be interesting to see what he could bring to villa if true. 

I Can only tell you 5 people in Scotland right now who I would take at hearts

Michael Beale

Callum Davidson 

Steve Clarke 

Derek Mcinnes

Jim Jefferies 

SFA believe it or not is world renowned for its coaching classes. 

Its definitely not the lack of quality talent. Its the mentality of the people influencing the approach to Scottish football. 

It's quick, fast paced and technical. 

The fundamental issues with that is not one club focuses on the aspects of technical coaching. 

Hearts have always relied on being a physical team with a target man and a brute midfield. 

The last decent midfield we had was when romanov came with luxury players such as Julien brellier, rudi, Paul Hartley. 

And wingers who could press and break up play. 

Jesus **** 🤣

I didn't mind Austin, seemed a genuine guy just not a football manager but he will make a few on here look silly if he ends up assistant at villa.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Could happen. I will see though that Austin does have a knack of being linked with jobs that he was never in the frame for... Was it an Indian team that was in for him when he was at hearts? I remember someone on the terrace calling bullshit on it as the evening news had contacted the club in question who had no idea who he was.

Yeah , but that could just as easily be a club just saying nothing. Most don’t tell randoms things. (Highlights how bad our leaks were) 

Tbh if he does get it good luck , if not who cares. Hes not with us and as such I dont wish him any ill will but hes an irrelevance. Cathro if things were better Id take back as a coach. Thats it out the last few years. People talk about Locke , Paolo and JJ no chance Id want them back. 

2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

All 3 are better than phoodle

Yeah because calling him phoodle makes your argument have credence.

McInnes is a ****ing walloper

JJ is JJ but no thank you

Steve Clarke is just no…

Imagine turning a thread about Austin MacPhee into a Neilson out thread. Its almost like you are at it

CloustonHMFC

'Can't see it' 'won't happen' ' absolutely clueless'

All the same people who said the same thing about Cathro yet he's just been appointed AM at Spurs.

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

All the same people who said the same thing about Cathro yet he's just been appointed AM at Spurs.

Exactly 🤣 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Steve Clarke is just no…

Imagine turning a thread about Austin MacPhee into a Neilson out thread. Its almost like you are at it

Okay then put it this way. We went nowhere with Mcphee and we will go nowhere with Neilson. 

Never gave an opinion on Callum Davidson or Michael Beale I see. 

Mcinnes has been more successful than the past 3 hearts coaches combined. Ever. 

Steve Clarke the same.

The lack of Scottish candidates for manager or assistant manager coming through the ranks here is shocking imo. 

The fact Mcphee is even being mooted as a replacement equates to being; Hearts are a shite club without a clue of what talent is at our disposal. Or the chairman has not got a scooby what she is doing. 

I personally think its the latter. 

22 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Okay then put it this way. We went nowhere with Mcphee and we will go nowhere with Neilson. 

Never gave an opinion on Callum Davidson or Michael Beale I see. 

Mcinnes has been more successful than the past 3 hearts coaches combined. Ever. 

Steve Clarke the same.

The lack of Scottish candidates for manager or assistant manager coming through the ranks here is shocking imo. 

The fact Mcphee is even being mooted as a replacement equates to being; Hearts are a shite club without a clue of what talent is at our disposal. Or the chairman has not got a scooby what she is doing. 

I personally think its the latter. 

Oh look more Neilson stuff , yer such a card…

“Gaj , Im pure ragin eh!! Neilson is still Hearts manager I wanna tell everyone I dinna want him eh gaj!!”

As for Beale and Davidson I didnt give an opinion on them because as Im sure anyone else reading this realised I happen to think they might be worth a shot. MacPhee was fine in certain roles. Just because jkb says he did x or y doesnt mean he did. 

McInnes , all of you who would take him. Yet after 2games when you are screaming about back to fromt hoofball and no youth , no style , no plan B you’d want him out as Aberdeen fans did for about 6 years.

All irrelevant , thread is about MacPhee and if he gets the job he gets it. It doesn’t reflect one bit on anything he did with us or how he was utilised. Thats all in the AB out crews heads. Football just isnt like that , just because JKB says it is doesn’t make it correct

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm watching the doc again and he comes across as a bit of a Bo Van Pelt.

Right i know hes a golfer but whats the jist Jonno?

47 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are not on it at all Terry/McPhee= night and day, John Terry is a top defensive coach, Austin is a laptop coach, dearie me.

SomethingAboutObua
56 minutes ago, sadj said:

So frustrating, time and time again he's named as being key to NI's recent improvements, a main figure in St Mirren's League Cup winning season, part of Mexico's 2014 World Cup team and now coaches with one of the most advanced thinking clubs in Europe. But nah he's clearly shite because he worked for Levein and Cathro.

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Right i know hes a golfer but whats the jist Jonno?

I suspect it's not his profession that's important, but what his surname rhymes with. 🤣

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I suspect it's not his profession that's important, but what his surname rhymes with. 🤣

🙈 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Steve Clarke is just no…

Michael Beale should stay in walford with Ian 

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Tbf, Cathro had been youth coach at Dundee Utd, Assistant at Rio Ave, Valencia and Newcastle before Austin Macphee even had a professional coaching job. Not sure the comparison works tbh. 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Few clubs will openly admit a potential hire gave them a knock back. Just means that next person they approach knows they were not first choice. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

All 3 are better than phoodle

Aye, a failed Aberdeen manager is just the ticket for us to kick us on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

😂😂😂 honestly this place is a car crash

At a level crossing

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, a failed Aberdeen manager is just the ticket for us to kick us on. 

Aye failed right enough. 8 years and always top 6. McInnes is equal with Neilson and I say that with a strong level of definativeness 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Aye failed right enough. 8 years and always top 6. McInnes is equal with Neilson and I say that with a strong level of definativeness 

Robbie can get us to where Mcinnes got Aberdeen imo. He was on track in his first spell to do exactly that. 

Mcinnes also managed to finish below clubs like Motherwell and Killie despite having time and the third biggest wage budget.

He was going backwards with Aberdeen. 

Irrelevant anyway, he's not our manager, although you never know, we might find out in the future!

StevenNaismith

I know he doesn’t have a good reputation with Hearts fans but he has a fantastic reputation within football. I got to know him quite well over the last 4 years and in terms of analysis and dedication to his role then you’ll struggle to find anyone better. He will do well no matter where he goes.

32 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I know he doesn’t have a good reputation with Hearts fans but he has a fantastic reputation within football. I got to know him quite well over the last 4 years and in terms of analysis and dedication to his role then you’ll struggle to find anyone better. He will do well no matter where he goes.

👍🏻

some Hearts fans 

Edited by sadj

Saint Jambo

Wouldn't really be a surprise as he clearly has a good reputation in the game. Most Hearts fans, including me, will have close to zero insight into what he is actually like as a coach/ assistant manger. Nobody considering him for a coaching job is going to be judging him on 5 league games as interim manager.

4 hours ago, sadj said:

He was certainly a shit manager but I get where you’re coming from

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Talk down south is he’s in the frame to takeover from John Terry as an Assistant at Villa.

Need him back to organise our set pieces. Utter wa#k since he left.

McPhee and cathro in the English premiership. Kris Boyd won’t be happy with the laptop guys doing well for themselves 

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Zero evidence that this guy is anything other than his own hype

From a quick search on google I was able to find plenty of evidence of other people in the game willing to hype him up.

16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

From a quick search on google I was able to find plenty of evidence of other people in the game willing to hype him up.

This ^^

Plenty of people in the game rate Austin.

Maybe he wasn't ready to be Hearts manager, maybe he went for a top job ahead of his time - ambition isn't a bad thing but there is an expectation/mentality in the Scottish game that you need to manage in lower leagues first before managing a top flight team. 

It didn't work out at Hearts - doesn't mean he's incompetent/terrible at coaching. Same goes for Cathro who's track record outside of Hearts suggests he's very good at a supporting role. 

Lone Striker

Its strange isn't it.  Cathro & McPhee with no senior football playing career, being lauded by managers who played at a high level, despite what Boydy thinks.    No idea about McPhee, but  Cathro has proved his worth in the EPL as an assistant coach.

I suppose Jose & Wenger prove that it's possible to reach the top jobs with no or little practical high-level professional football experience.

8 hours ago, Herbert said:

I didn't mind Austin, seemed a genuine guy just not a football manager but he will make a few on here look silly if he ends up assistant at villa.

Don't think any of them need any assistance in the looking silly department

A few have succeeded on this thread already