FoH Shares - Handover Announced for 30/8/21

chuck berrys hairline

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The majority shareholder are Hearts fans (fan owned) but the guy running the show isn't (not fan run). 

Hmmm... currently that's the case, yes.      But there's no bar on a future CEO being appointed who just happens to be a Hearts fan - best man/woman during the selection/interview process etc.

Although it would raise a few eyebrows if he/she was also a FoH pledger !!   :whistling:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Boab

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Hmmm... currently that's the case, yes.      But there's no bar on a future CEO being appointed who just happens to be a Hearts fan - best man/woman during the selection/interview process etc.

Although it would raise a few eyebrows if he/she was also a FoH pledger !!   :whistling:

That's the current situation. 

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Haven't FOH had two reps on the club board for some time. Years?

Key word is openness. Perhaps someone more representative of the rank and file members rather than accountants or legal eagles. 

Lone Striker

That's the current situation. 

....is it ?   AB is no longer CEO ...... no idea if AMcK  contributes to FoH though.

Anyway I was imagining a situation when Hearts have to go through a selection process to appoint a NEW CEO sometime in the future. 

sandylejambo

I remember Robinson saying the majority of people might want this but we have the shares to say no to you and do what we want to do. now it seems that we now have the shares and have about as much say in the running of the club as we had then. if the FOH vote for something surely its a done deal, I didn't put all this cash into buying Hearts just to be told that FOH has no say in what's happening at the club. The board have to be accountable to the share holders.

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

....is it ?   AB is no longer CEO ...... no idea if AMcK  contributes to FoH though.

Anyway I was imagining a situation when Hearts have to go through a selection process to appoint a NEW CEO sometime in the future. 

She's no longer CEO but she's still the majority shareholder until FoH takes over. Anyone that thinks that doesn't constitute AB still running the club....... well. 

If a new CEO was a Hearts fan, there would have to be a clear definition of "the fans" and "a fan" running the club. 

Nothing to stop it if the Board appoints. 

1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

I remember Robinson saying the majority of people might want this but we have the shares to say no to you and do what we want to do. now it seems that we now have the shares and have about as much say in the running of the club as we had then. if the FOH vote for something surely its a done deal, I didn't put all this cash into buying Hearts just to be told that FOH has no say in what's happening at the club. The board have to be accountable to the share holders.

2004 EGM when you were man marking the sound guy! 😍

Lone Striker

She's no longer CEO but she's still the majority shareholder until FoH takes over. Anyone that thinks that doesn't constitute AB still running the club....... well. 

If a new CEO was a Hearts fan, there would have to be a clear definition of "the fans" and "a fan" running the club. 

Nothing to stop it if the Board appoints. 

Agreed.  😉

Lone Striker
22 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Key word is openness. Perhaps someone more representative of the rank and file members rather than accountants or legal eagles. 

Quotes about Cans Of Worms (41 quotes)

God some of you don't half want to complicate matters for what is a fairly straightforward process

Scenarios imagined, a lack of knowledge re the workings of the takeover and running of FOH and still some can't quite grasp how it will work after all this time...........try taking a bit of time to learn would be my advice.

31 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

The board of a company is accountable to its shareholders.  As majority shareholder FoH can have as much say as it wants, within the limits of company law. 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

The majority shareholder are Hearts fans (fan owned) but the guy running the show isn't (not fan run). 

Thanks, see what you mean now.

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I hear they are planning a regular FoH EGM every month and we can lob resolutions into them, once we get enough proposers. 

January and July will be specifically for any transfer related issues,

December and May for coaching staff performance reviews. 

Pricing, catering, ticketing, supporter behaviour and other miscellany will be covered in the other months. 

Should be interesting. 

Haha this is a joke …… surely?

Francis Albert
20 hours ago, Cade said:

Fan Owned is not the same as Fan Run.

Some people struggle with this.

"Fan owned not fan run" is a slogan or  soundbite and people are right to struggle a bit with it as it is a gross oversimplification

Of course the owners won't be picking the team or any of the usual straw men examples usually put forward. But FOH will in a broad sense run the club albeit through delegation to the club board while retaining the right at any time to replace any or all members of the club board.

(Whether delegation is to Hearts fans or fans of other clubs or non-football fans Isn't the point).

15 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

He fooled me but fortunately I didn't post a reply!

You have now …… !!!!

John Findlay
21 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

"Fan owned not fan run" is a slogan or  soundbite and people are right to struggle a bit with it as it is a gross oversimplification

Of course the owners won't be picking the team or any of the usual straw men examples usually put forward. But FOH will in a broad sense run the club albeit through delegation to the club board while retaining the right at any time to replace any or all members of the club board.

(Whether delegation is to Hearts fans or fans of other clubs or non-football fans Isn't the point).

Only for the hard of understanding.