• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Boab

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

None.

Wrong and you know it's wrong. Pure shit stirring again from you.

You are well aware that there are certain "large decisions" that would be voted on by the membership.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I suggest, that each day, we random allocate a member of FoH to be the responsible one for that day. 

That's a ludicrous idea.

It would take more than 20 years for everyone to get a shot. Three eight-hour shifts per day is what we need! 😀

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I suggest, that each day, we random allocate a member of FoH to be the responsible one for that day. 

Great idea!

Probably be sacked in the morning!

Still it will take 21 years to sack us all!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Good news.  Will restore my DD but I don't apologise for suspending it due the delay and continuing lack of any proper explanation for it.

Will you pay a lump sum to cover the backlog of missed payments?

indianajones
11 hours ago, iainmac said:

[email protected]

Put your name & address on the email & the pins will be posted out to you. 

Cheers Iain.

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Could always ask @Sir Gio to collect them for ya , Im most likely not going to get down on Sunday or Id offer myself. 

Cheers Sadj. I might be down at the weekend but probably wont be at the game. Will see if i can get them sorted at the club shop and pick up. 

8 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

You’re not alone with the pins. I haven’t even had a plot ceremony yet and I’m almost in the 1874 club. Not that I’m fussed about them anyway as it doesn’t make you any more or less a phm if you wear a wee pin or not. 

Try emailing FOH and ask about them. I’d imagine covid has wreaked havoc on more than just the FOH correspondence and there sending out of wee maroon pin badges. 

Yeah they will have much bigger priorities just now although the milestones I reached and a dare say many others were all before all before covid times. Never had a plot ceremony either!

Wee pins just a nice memento to have from a huge part of the clubs history. 

8 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You are well aware that there are certain "large decisions" that would be voted on by the membership.

Not worth replying to him. He is all over any thread that mentions FOH with 100% negativity. No idea why. FF posts plenty of criticism of the foundation but it is always measured. 

Well done Ann Budge and well done all those members of Foundation of Hearts.

I'm very confident that Ann Budge has made a far greater contribution in ensuring our great club is secure for future generations, than all of her detractors combined.

Edited by Nobreath

Just wish it had been announced before the end of season ticket sales. Possibly would have sold more,  at least 1.   Hopefully there will be more accountability, particularly on the football side and no more levein sagas

Unknown user
16 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Going by the FoH aims and goals does this signify the moment where all pledges are now going straight to the club?

If so that is a massive amount of financial backing.

Wasn't that money already going to the club?

8 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

FA gets a bit of criticism for his views on this subject but he is more or less correct in that apart from voting our representatives in and governance votes, which we have already done, the day to day running of the club will be unchanged. 
Large decisions, whatever they may be, will be few, if at all, as we move forward. 
As previously mentioned, the most important issue is how pledges continue, now that ownership has been achieved. 

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Getting involved in football always ends in abuse at some point  It’s a febrile environment. 

That's okay then!!!

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

That's okay then!!!

Nope , but it’s pretty much a fact. Folks that get into running football clubs should do it with their eyes open. 

Can we not just be happy?

It's obvious things have changed behind the scenes and while the non performance on Sunday has changed the mood we ain't the real deal yet but hopefully on our way but it wont happen over night.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Nope , but it’s pretty much a fact. Folks that get into running football clubs should do it with their eyes open. 

Point is!  There are levels of so-called abuse.

Big difference between " Budge must go," and abusing family, particularly the extreme levels of abuse.

Is it any wonder that FoH play it low key?

Edited by colinmaroon

been here before
13 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Seen as it’s a Monday, the we’re waiting on a perty has been canned I take it 🧐

Got this as part of an email from FOH this morning:

While planning for the day’s events was unfortunately restricted due to the pandemic, an Open Day is shortly to be held at the club – a chance for supporters to come to Tynecastle to celebrate the handover and find out more. The date for this is to be confirmed so we will be back to you on that very soon.

30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

When do we get a chance to replace Mr Wallace?

Think he's up for re-election (if he decides to stand) at the next AGM. 

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Will you pay a lump sum to cover the backlog of missed payments?

I know I said I would but won't. Apologies for misleading people if anyone actually cares. 

A mixture of reasons. I didn't expect a further 6 months of delay and expected at some stage there to be some credible explanation for the delay, which seems not to be forthcoming.

But maybe mostly because having renewed my ST (which in 16 years I have used no more than 4 or 5 times a season) at full price I learnt that I was one of a minority of FOH subscribers to do so. So I felt by coughing up another 3 figure sum to the club I would feel a bit of a mug.

sandylejambo

Is it the case of the board won't sack the manager but we want him gone, do we call a EGM and vote the proposal through, then it goes to a share vote in the board room? Asking for a friend who has no faith in the current manager.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I know I said I would but won't. Apologies for misleading people if anyone actually cares. 

A mixture of reasons. I didn't expect a further 6 months of delay and expected at some stage there to be some credible explanation for the delay, which seems not to be forthcoming.

But maybe mostly because having renewed my ST (which in 16 years I have used no more than 4 or 5 times a season) at full price I learnt that I was one of a minority of FOH subscribers to do so. So I felt by coughing up another 3 figure sum to the club I would feel a bit of a mug.

Fair enough your decision and your decision to make so nobody can criticise you for that!

Meanwhile others (including myself) have contributed monthly since day 1, and use season tickets less than you do …… but that doesn’t make me feel like I’m ‘a mug’

3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Is it the case of the board won't sack the manager but we want him gone, do we call a EGM and vote the proposal through, then it goes to a share vote in the board room? Asking for a friend who has no faith in the current manager.

That’s ridiculous…. the board of Hearts will have duties that they are legally accountable for as directors and whilst they will hear representations from others they would be negligent if they did not always act in the best interests of Hearts.

NB if the FOH ever starts acting like a bunch of idiots and try to interfere in the running of Hearts it will be detrimental to the wellbeing of both entities and could end in catastrophe! 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The only explanation they were ever going to give, was the pandemic. Alluded to in this morning’s statement.

Credible to some, not to others.

Everyone chips in to Hearts one way or t’other so doesn’t need to turn into a badge of honour thing !

Respect your decision.

I suspected the pledge situation wouldn’t change and, going by the latest statement, it looks like business as usual. 

Will there be a beer tent at the Open Day ? I demand an answer, Wallace !

🥴

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Can we not just be happy?

It's obvious things have changed behind the scenes and while the non performance on Sunday has changed the mood we ain't the real deal yet but hopefully on our way but it wont happen over night.

The regular complainers while making some fair points such as the delay in the handover have been critics since Day 1. I'm giving them leeway by not bringing up some of their specific complaints from 2013 which might embarrass them now. 

I think Ian Murray's book is a good summary of just hard it was to achieve this.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Think he's up for re-election (if he decides to stand) at the next AGM. 

He did say he was only doing it for a couple of years so we will see. 

Are there controls in place for Hearts to avoid doing a Barcelona?

Seems crazy that members voted in Presidents who managed to rack up £1.15bn of debt and the only comeback is that they get turfed out and the next President comes in...

I know the rules on responsibilities of being a Company Director in the UK, but it seems that football clubs are a law unto themselves and there is a constant pressure to speculate to accumulate, which usually goes awry...

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Are there controls in place for Hearts to avoid doing a Barcelona?

Seems crazy that members voted in Presidents who managed to rack up £1.15bn of debt and the only comeback is that they get turfed out and the next President comes in...

I know the rules on responsibilities of being a Company Director in the UK, but it seems that football clubs are a law unto themselves and there is a constant pressure to speculate to accumulate, which usually goes awry...

We already have a shedload of debt I expect. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The regular complainers while making some fair points such as the delay in the handover have been critics since Day 1. I'm giving them leeway by not bringing up some of their specific complaints from 2013 which might embarrass them now. 

I think Ian Murray's book is a good summary of just hard it was to achieve this.

Having spoken earlier this week to a couple of people who where involved back in the early days, I sense that some of the tensions that were highlighted in IM's book are still there, e.g. in regard to the "original 5", who AB singled out for praise in yesterday's statement. If what was said in IM's book was true, then FOH was going nowhere until IM was appointed independent chair and all the fans group representatives joined the board with a unity of purpose and direction.

We can all be grateful for the "original 5" and their concept of fan ownership which was born in 2010, i.e. a couple of years before the club publicly experienced financial difficulties. However, the delivery of the the success story that FOH is now was down to those who galvanised the fans and turned pledges of support into hard cash.   

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Having spoken earlier this week to a couple of people who where involved back in the early days, I sense that some of the tensions that were highlighted in IM's book are still there, e.g. in regard to the "original 5", who AB singled out for praise in yesterday's statement. If what was said in IM's book was true, then FOH was going nowhere until IM was appointed independent chair and all the fans group representatives joined the board with a unity of purpose and direction.

We can all be grateful for the "original 5" and their concept of fan ownership which was born in 2010, i.e. a couple of years before the club publicly experienced financial difficulties. However, the delivery of the the success story that FOH is now was down to those who galvanised the fans and turned pledges of support into hard cash.   

Although Alex Mackie's idea of "give us your money and we'll run it" was rubbished at the time, seems like people ended up accepting it. Why bother with the hard, boring stuff like governance?

Anyway, it's done. On to the next phase. The bickering. When people don't understand the new setup.

I hear they are planning a regular FoH EGM every month and we can lob resolutions into them, once we get enough proposers. 

January and July will be specifically for any transfer related issues,

December and May for coaching staff performance reviews. 

Pricing, catering, ticketing, supporter behaviour and other miscellany will be covered in the other months. 

Should be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Certainly one version of events. 

3 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Is it the case of the board won't sack the manager but I want him gone, do I call an EGM and vote the proposal through, then it goes to a share vote in the board room? Asking for a friend who has no faith in the current manager.

Changed a bit as you are asking for an individual.

Neither side of any argument can say "we" in a general context.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

There’s always at least three sides to every story. 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Indeed Dave. 

🤣

Psychedelicropcircle

I was only in it until we had enough to buy the shares. I expect to get a say in all things shares when it’s handed over.

I wasn’t impressed when I wasn’t allowed to vote in the 90% scenario considering it was share related. However it ended the way I would have voted😏

it’s almost over the line though jambos👏👏

4 hours ago, Cade said:

Fan Owned is not the same as Fan Run.

Some people struggle with this.

You’ll be saying that until you are blue in the face to some people.

6 minutes ago, Jumper said:

The CEO isn't a Hearts fan, if that makes it any easier to understand? 

6 minutes ago, Jumper said:

2 new reps on the board selected by the foundation with no loyalties towards the hierarchy will be a great start. 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The CEO isn't a Hearts fan, if that makes it any easier to understand? 

Sorry. You’ll need to explain that for me (said the bluntest tool in the tool box).

4 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Sorry. You’ll need to explain that for me (said the bluntest tool in the tool box).

The majority shareholder are Hearts fans (fan owned) but the guy running the show isn't (not fan run). 

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

2 new reps on the board selected by the foundation with no loyalties towards the hierarchy will be a great start. 

Why can we not have loyalists on the board asking for a friend

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Haven't FOH had two reps on the club board for some time. Years?