FoH Shares - Handover Announced for 30/8/21

chuck berrys hairline

24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

STV seem to camp at hubz training ground that woman that does the sport starts just about every nights sports report with Hibs boss Jack Ross says ......

as a shortly to be major shareholder I would like to see both BBC and STV banned from the club 

Reporting Scotland never even mentioned it but had plenty coverage of Glasgow City vs Birkikara (remember them?). 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Boab

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

There's also some who spat the dummy out over how long it was taking to transfer ownership and cancelled their pledge who apparently are now starting it back up again. No idea how many but at least one of them is a very important person.

🙀 Saucer of milk please 😌 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

One of the most significant days in our recent history reduced to a mere footnote on STV News. More interested in Tom Daley signing a contract extension at Fester Rd. 

Quite happy for us to walk around with smug grins knowing what we have achieved than being fussed what the rest of Scotland thinks of us.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I think there are basically 2 types of pledgers :

1. Pledgers for life 

2. Pledgers until the club is "saved". 

If some people in the 2nd category seem that the shareholding changing hands = club saved, these pledges *might* drop off. 

Next monthly update should clarify. 

That's something I've thought about as well.  I'm in the first category, and based on comments on JKB, I think the vast majority think likewise. 

I'm actually struggling to recall anyone on here posting that they would discontinue their pledge once the transfer took place.  If anything, people who were thinking that way would more likely have dropped off after FOH repaid the Bidco loan, which was over a year ago, yet pledge levels have remained steady, if not even slightly up.

I'm hoping that the formal handover of shares and the promo video might actually encourage some new pledgers to step up.  

58 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Reporting Scotland never even mentioned it but had plenty coverage of Glasgow City vs Birkikara (remember them?). 

The BBC are not interesting in reporting any good news on Hearts - anything dodgy and they are all over us like a rash!

indianajones
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Email FOH, they will post them or let you pick them up in the shop 

Cheers Notts. Will give it a shot see if they can post them up to me. 

23 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The BBC are not interesting in reporting any good news on Hearts - anything dodgy and they are all over us like a rash!

You could be talking about yourself with that comment. 

First home match after the handover is the derby on 12th September

Pre match we should give Ann Budge a standing ovation as well as those currently in charge of FOH

One good thing from this will be  stop to all those moaning minnies who tried to tar her reputation at every opportunity even telling us this day will never arrive.

Psychedelicropcircle

Seen as it’s a Monday, the we’re waiting on a perty has been canned I take it 🧐

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I personally thought including it in general income was a mistake. I think if you say the money is for specific projects/initiatives then more people will contribute. I was in a minority though. 😄

I was of the same opinion as you Dave.  I was thinking along the lines of how do we try to ensure that the pledges don't just gradually peter out.  There was clearly a huge incentive to get involved when the club's very future was at stake, and the opportunity to eventually become fan owned.  But what is going to influence future generations of fans to pledge?

If the money just goes into the general budget, then fans can't really point to anything tangible that they can see was specifically funded from FOH pledges.  I thought we could maybe fund some additional youth development initiatives, coaching schools etc, given that bringing talented young players through should be one of the 'foundations' of our club.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

First home match after the handover is the derby on 12th September

Pre match we should give Ann Budge a standing ovation as well as those currently in charge of FOH

One good thing from this will be  stop to all those moaning minnies who tried to tar her reputation at every opportunity even telling us this day will never arrive.

I agree, and if we lose, we can all start a chant towards Ann of 'you're getting sacked in the morning' as we now control the club.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Sorry, Iain, what are these ?

I’m a bit unaware !

🥴

Pin badges for different Maroon Point membership levels eg 1956 Club etc. 

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I agree, and if we lose, we can all start a chant towards Ann of 'you're getting sacked in the morning' as we now control the club.

We could just look left and right to our 'neighbours' in the seats we occupy and state the same....good chance one or two will be contibutors 😜

I am going to blame them for every game we lose after the handover.............I of course, though contributing, will have been out voted and it's not my fault !!

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Pin badges for different Maroon Point membership levels eg 1956 Club etc. 

Good stuff. I’ll fire away an e-mail.

Cheers, Iain.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Glad it's finally being completed. Maybe we might get a reason why it took so long? Stop laughing at the back!

52 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Cheers Notts. Will give it a shot see if they can post them up to me. 

Could always ask @Sir Gio to collect them for ya , Im most likely not going to get down on Sunday or Id offer myself. 

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We could just look left and right to our 'neighbours' in the seats we occupy and state the same....good chance one or two will be contibutors 😜

I am going to blame them for every game we lose after the handover.............I of course, though contributing, will have been out voted and it's not my fault !!

surely it would be “We’re getting sacked in the morning”

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Glad it's finally being completed. Maybe we might get a reason why it took so long? Stop laughing at the back!

The worlds been a riddy , its done now , is it really that important to you to know rhe ins and outs of why during the utter madness of the last year or so its not happened and those in control have kept us doing well throughout it financially 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yeah, it puzzled me why it took so long.  I know that originally there was some financial reason for delaying the handover into the next accounting year, but that was last year.  I then thought they maybe wanted to have some big ceremony, and were delaying this due to covid restrictions.  However, I couldn't see why the transfer of shares couldn't take place last year, then a ceremony held once covid restrictions had been relaxed. As it doesn't seem like we're having any sort of ceremony, I don't understand what the delay was about.

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

You're already too late, the air is toxic.

Not really. Just the same few pathetic people making their bitchy remarks. They are bitter beyond belief, have been against the model we adopted from the start and seem to think they are better financially knowledgeable than those who run FoH, despite their so called knowledge amount to nothing more than working on a spreadsheet and repeating what they have read elsewhere about Sevco, whilst pretending to have some insight.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

The worlds been a riddy , its done now , is it really that important to you to know rhe ins and outs of why during the utter madness of the last year or so its not happened and those in control have kept us doing well throughout it financially 🤷🏻‍♂️

This might surprise you sadj but I would like FoH to, you know, talk to its members.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This might surprise you sadj but I would like FoH to, you know, talk to its members.

Didnt think for a second you were a people person Geoff 😉 I know I would like fsr better communication too but possibly its worth being positive and reflecting on what we have achieved rather than worrying about why its been delayed during the madness we saw. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, sadj said:

Didnt think for a second you were a people person Geoff 😉 I know I would like fsr better communication too but possibly its worth being positive and reflecting on what we have achieved rather than worrying about why its been delayed during the madness we saw. 

I actually had no problem with the delay if there was a bit more honesty. It's clear it was all hands on decks to survive the shafting we suffered. However, when BS like "parties" was being stated as reasons for the delay, it allowed scepticism to creep in. We're adults. It would be nice to be treated as an adult.

54 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Could be talking about half of the posters on here 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually had no problem with the delay if there was a bit more honesty. It's clear it was all hands on decks to survive the shafting we suffered. However, when BS like "parties" was being stated as reasons for the delay, it allowed scepticism to creep in. We're adults. It would be nice to be treated as an adult.

I understand your perspective sadj, but I'm with Geoff on this.  Like him, I had no problem with the delay, and no concern that anything underhand was taking place, but the absence of even a brief statement explaining why the handover was going to be delayed just allowed the cynics and conspiracy theorists on here to fill the vacuum.

Anyway, it's confirmed now, so everything is good.  I'm having a wee celebration which I'll no doubt regret tomorrow morning!

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I understand your perspective sadj, but I'm with Geoff on this.  Like him, I had no problem with the delay, and no concern that anything underhand was taking place, but the absence of even a brief statement explaining why the handover was going to be delayed just allowed the cynics and conspiracy theorists on here to fill the vacuum.

Anyway, it's confirmed now, so everything is good.  I'm having a wee celebration which I'll no doubt regret tomorrow morning!

Lol i have a course tomorrow so nae celebrating here unfortunately. 

i get where you are both coming from i agree , to me its done now and we all know the communication needs to significantly improve.

We should all be bursting with pride that our club came back from near extinction to now be the best run club in Scotland. OK there has been delays in the process but in that time we have improved the ground, the infrastructure and brought on board people with proper values and business sense. I had the misfortune to see the state of the stadium that was left by mad vlad and how close we were to be closed down by Edinburgh Council and HSE. The place looked like it had been derelict for years. Whether you agree or not I think Ann has done a fantastic job and not succumbed to the vitriol of people who no nothing about running a business. She has attracted the right type of investors to the club and attempted to make the football experience a more family friendly day. Good on her for standing upto the sectarian singing by some of our so cold fans. I applaud her for it. I sat very close to her at a few games when pissed up "fans" called her unmentionable names and sagged her and her family off. Why she didn't just walk away is beyond me. She has made mistakes and freely admits it, but she has never made the same mistake twice. I will forever be in her gratitude for not just helping to save our club but because she has elevatated it to the status where we are now the envy of all Scottish clubs. I just hope the new incumbents don't pheck it up. 

Cheers Ann

I now await the nasty AB haters feedback. 

20 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

We should all be bursting with pride that our club came back from near extinction to now be the best run club in Scotland. OK there has been delays in the process but in that time we have improved the ground, the infrastructure and brought on board people with proper values and business sense. I had the misfortune to see the state of the stadium that was left by mad vlad and how close we were to be closed down by Edinburgh Council and HSE. The place looked like it had been derelict for years. Whether you agree or not I think Ann has done a fantastic job and not succumbed to the vitriol of people who no nothing about running a business. She has attracted the right type of investors to the club and attempted to make the football experience a more family friendly day. Good on her for standing upto the sectarian singing by some of our so cold fans. I applaud her for it. I sat very close to her at a few games when pissed up "fans" called her unmentionable names and sagged her and her family off. Why she didn't just walk away is beyond me. She has made mistakes and freely admits it, but she has never made the same mistake twice. I will forever be in her gratitude for not just helping to save our club but because she has elevatated it to the status where we are now the envy of all Scottish clubs. I just hope the new incumbents don't pheck it up. 

Cheers Ann

Won’t get nasty feedback from me mate , I witnessed it as well in the stand it was utterly embarrassing to say the least. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I should be happy, but it makes me sad, the abuse these people have taken this year, that not only saved our club, but rebuilt it, solidified it and are now sending it forward in the modern world as forward thinking and sustainable. 

I salute you and commend your resilience Ann Budge. 

But most of all I salute those have shown the fortitude to keep up the tremendous subscriptions for so long now. 

As Karen Carpenter once chorus, we've only just begun 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I should be happy, but it makes me sad, the abuse these people have taken this year, that not only saved our club, but rebuilt it, solidified it and are now sending it forward in the modern world as forward thinking and sustainable. 

But most of all I salute those have shown the fortitude to keep up the tremendous subscriptions for so long now. 

Getting involved in football always ends in abuse at some point  It’s a febrile environment. 

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Oh you are a devil bully!

50 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Cheers Ann

Spot on.  100% correct. 
Some prefer to take the “every silver-lining has a cloud” approach.  

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We begun after admin    then went full cycle

Amazing story, easy to forget the significance of what our fans do for the club. 

Sure its been answered numerous times on the thread but what changes when FOH takes over in terms of the day to day and large decisions? 

1 hour ago, 5-1Jambo said:

We should all be bursting with pride that our club came back from near extinction to now be the best run club in Scotland. OK there has been delays in the process but in that time we have improved the ground, the infrastructure and brought on board people with proper values and business sense. I had the misfortune to see the state of the stadium that was left by mad vlad and how close we were to be closed down by Edinburgh Council and HSE. The place looked like it had been derelict for years. Whether you agree or not I think Ann has done a fantastic job and not succumbed to the vitriol of people who no nothing about running a business. She has attracted the right type of investors to the club and attempted to make the football experience a more family friendly day. Good on her for standing upto the sectarian singing by some of our so cold fans. I applaud her for it. I sat very close to her at a few games when pissed up "fans" called her unmentionable names and sagged her and her family off. Why she didn't just wunfoertnalk away is beyond me. She has made mistakes and freely admits it, but she has never made the same mistake twice. I will forever be in her gratitude for not just helping to save our club but because she has elevatated it to the status where we are now the envy of all Scottish clubs. I just hope the new incumbents don't pheck it up. 

Cheers Ann

Unfortunately sunday proved nothing has changed on the pitch     where it matters 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Cheers Ann

Good to see Ann contributing to JKB

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Amazing story, easy to forget the significance of what our fans do for the club. 

Sure its been answered numerous times on the thread but what changes when FOH takes over in terms of the day to day and large decisions? 

None.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Seen as it’s a Monday, the we’re waiting on a perty has been canned I take it 🧐

I’m not sure we were invited, don’t think it would cater for 8k. 

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

Good news. 

Not a big deal but i never got either of the pins for reaching certain targets. Anyone know how to get these? Would be good to have them.

You’re not alone with the pins. I haven’t even had a plot ceremony yet and I’m almost in the 1874 club. Not that I’m fussed about them anyway as it doesn’t make you any more or less a phm if you wear a wee pin or not. 

Try emailing FOH and ask about them. I’d imagine covid has wreaked havoc on more than just the FOH correspondence and there sending out of wee maroon pin badges. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good to see Ann contributing to JKB

Best run club hyperbole gave it away.